Stepping away for a bit (not quitting)

General discussions about superheroines!
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Hey guys.
Just a quick note that Im going to be stepping away from social media and forums for a month or two.
I have been super swamped and its gotten to the point where Im starting to make mistakes.

I've been pouring so much of myself and my every waking moments into work and customs and producing that I'm starting to seriously burn out.

Im not in a position to take a real vacation because I still have lots of work to do, but I have been suffering from burnout the last few months and its gotten to the point where Ive started making mistakes regarding bookings, scripts, deliveries, etc. I've even forgotten to print out a script when a client paid for a custom. I could have shot it, but because I didn't print the script I didn't know i had another story to film and ended up having to refund customs. Thats really not fair to the clients who have paid for a project and are expecting one only to have me say i forgot to print the script and send a refund. Sure refunds are great because they are not getting screwed but there is still the fact that a client was let down. so Im going to step back for a month or two and limit my posts to just updates.

I won't be reaching out in discussions and won't be posting looking for help/input.

I'll be concentrating more on spending halfway days watching tv and focusing on just updating.

this is not me announcing Im quitting.
I enjoy this too much to stop.... but I have been working way too much and spending way too much time on work

So... I'll still be here, and still be updating the Patreon every month, but i will NOT be taking new customs for a few months.
I need to clear the backlog of owed customs to clients who paid good money. they deserve a fresh sharp mind, not a burned out one.
So Im going to take the next 2 months or so to finish all our backlogged customs and not take any fresh ones until january.

I know that eventually some smart ass is going to post that i have retired and thats what this post is for.... to let people know I haven't quit
just taking a break.

As it stands now I wake up at 6am every morning (yes even weekends)
and start working on the computer until 4.30 pm when I start cooking dinner. at 6.30 I eat with my family and watch some tv and then from 8.30 to 11.30 I'm back at the computer while Eve sleeps. I get to sleep at around 12am-1 am and then start the next day at 6.am again
checking and replying on several forums is actually how I take breaks from editing so its not like i get much fun time

its been going like this non-stop for almost a year and to be bluntly honest Im starting to feel like I just don't care anymore so my heart hasn't been into many of my projects.

customs are easy because I only have to follow written rules but for our own productions I have to think of stories, devise plots and dialog and the last 3 months i have been relying on heavy formula which is ok, but a bit soulless so i hope to recharge so that i can get that spark of creativity back.

Ming needs some times with the slavegirls.
lol

So guys thanks for all your support, we really appreciate it
I won't be on very often so might not be able to reply
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Good luck and good rest, KoG. You deserve it.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hail Ming!

Mongo needs its Emperor fit and well!

Look after yourself and thanks for all that you do!

See you in 2017, we all hope.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
flash
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Having Good Health always comes first...Hail Ming and Dale Arden!
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

mingtastic
be well, get your moming/mojo back
Blue-Scion

Think this is only healthy and I hope you get to recharge the way you need
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

If you are going to take a break, you got lots of places to choose from for a bit of R&R
KoGs Vacation candidates.jpg
KoGs Vacation candidates.jpg (327.95 KiB) Viewed 2890 times

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

All this talk of ming makes me wanna watch a flash gordon parody....maybe one with ming putting that hottie is a catsuit on a rack, whipping her and the getting the BORE worms!!! Yikes!! All hail Ming!!!
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

batgirl1969 wrote:All this talk of ming makes me wanna watch a flash gordon parody....maybe one with ming putting that hottie is a catsuit on a rack, whipping her and the getting the BORE worms!!! Yikes!! All hail Ming!!!
This is what started me on my BDSM trip!
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
AnastasiaPierce
Producer
Producer

We all deserve a break once in a while. Take time to live and enjoy life. Give your mind a break, and your body too.
I know for me exercise of any kind clears my mind, stabilize and boost my moods, Simply makes me feel good. Taking time away from what we do every day is very helpful. Makes you miss it and gives you new ideas. Enjoy yourself!
Lots of Love, Your Wonder Amazon
Anastasia

Super Heroine Clips:
http:www.AnastasiaClips.com

Movies VOD - http://www.HeroineCentral.com
Official Site - http://www.AnastasiaPierce.com
DVD Store - http://www.AnastasiaStore.com
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yup candy store owners hate candy after a while. ;)
rklein
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

If you need to take a break, then by all means TAKE A BREAK!

I appreciate your words concerning caring about your customers and giving them a high-quality product, it shows character and honor. If you need time to recharge batteries, take all you need.
www.flyingsuperheroes.com - please contact me for your editing, and visual and audio effects needs.

"Now, don't try to get away! I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are....and, I'm a genius!"
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

OK guys. I took some time off and then came back for a bit but because of some personal issues I will be away again for a week or two. I will possible nit be checking in here at all and if I do its going to be once a week at most.
If you need us you can email us but we won't be checking those too often either.

I promise I will explain everything after its all over with and behind us.
Judah
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

You guys going to Rhode Island Comic Con next weekend? :)
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

If its personal issues KoG, you don't owe anyone here any explanations, you are just gonna be away until you come back and that's that.

Best wishes to you