The future of heroineperil.com

Home of Live Action Superheroine/Damsel in Distress Videos
Valik10
Producer
Producer

As you may have noticed the updates on www.heroineperil.com have become more and more less frequent. I've been giving it lots of thought and now that I'm back from vacation I've reached a decision on the future of the website. I will not be doing any new shoots the remainder of this year but will be posting archived material thats already been shot. Once that material has exhausted itself I will no longer be shooting. A number of factors have gone into this decision but mainly its just burn out and staleness,not enjoying it at all anymore not to mention the pirating that takes a huge toll on sales. Its been a great ride since i opened up in 2009 but I just feel that the time has come to end my participation in our fetish community. THere will be videos like I said until my archived stuff runs out and I'll let people know when the last video goes up.
Foolish Mortal
Henchman
Henchman

I enjoyed your videos. Best of luck on your future endeavors.
Valik10
Producer
Producer

Thanks but like I said there are still videos that are coming so stay tuned
travis36
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I wish you well and thank you for providing numerous videos which were very much to my taste.

Are there any Solara/Staria/Superia type characters left among what remains to be posted? I've been of fan of your Supergirl style characters.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Really sorry to hear that mate, loved your Dark Bat stuff.
Good luck with whatever you move on to.
Look forward to seeing your remaining output
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Too bad but I hear you. Burn out can suck. Plus again pirating eats up profit.
Valik10
Producer
Producer

The pirating is getting so bad that you cant keep up with it. You get 5-6 videos removed and a few days later they are back on the same site just under a different name. Lots of hard work and diminishing profits.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So are these bit torrent sites? I end up having to review pirate sites weekly now. Also with my stuff they pull a trick where they take a free story I did, which I don't care if its distributed cause its free advertising, say the rar file has 16 pics in it but you look at the file size and its over 100 megs.

True pirates will never convert to paying customers but the problem is the casual person who just finds it easier to pirate the work than to just buy it.
bbsucks
Henchman
Henchman

That's sad to hear. I've bought many of your videos over the years. I liked a lot of them but always really enjoyed your work with Jade Indica in the Pink Vixen series. Those were always really fun. Actually one of those is among my favorite superheroine videos of all time (Pink Vixen 3: Breaking Point, if anyone wants to buy an awesome video).
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

I've noticed a lot of the pirating accounts are now using youtube. The vids are normally taken down within 24 hours, but then they just repost under a different account. Kind of sad really.

I really did enjoy and have lots of your videos and look forward to the content you will continue to upload until it runs out. Maybe after an extended break you'll feel refreshed and be able to return, never know what the future might hold! Either way thank you for always putting out some excellent heroine in peril films!
drvoodoo
Sargeant
Sargeant

Thats sad news, you are an artist
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

The problem feels a lot like the problem they had a few years (decades?) ago with software.

Software companies would come out with a game put it out, and the pirates would distribute them games.

Then software companies tries various security to the stall the pirates, and they would hack up the game and still distribute the games.

There use to be quite a few software companies that put out games, now much less so.

It could be that this fetishes hey days are behind it. The fetish becomes popular and content gets made if money is made. If it's not the content won't appear. That simple.

I don't know if anything can be done, it's just the natural evolution of the way things work.
peter75
Henchman
Henchman

Heroineperil had a good run. It started out with a bang. Cali's Maiden America was always
my favorite. Had some great moments over the years.

Here is my honest opinion though....as time went on, nothing ever really looked different.
All videos were more of the same.
Shot in a house, pantyhose costumes EVERY time, similar villains and peril in every episode.

I think the reason for the site demise is lack of variety and willingness to evolve.
Because of that, I haven't purchased a video from this company in at least 3 years.

I think the producers who are long mainstays are ones who challenge themselves to produce
better content with new heroines, costumes, plots, etc. I think this site failed to do that.

Pirating or not, If you put out a good product, people will buy it.
So while it was a good run, heroineperil could have been much better over time.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

This is true, some producers get into a creative rut and vary the model, and the costume, but the story is much the same.

It's not an event isolated here, there are other producers that come to mind with this problem too, Paragon Video off the top of my head.
athenaartemis
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I think Valik10 may be the first of a coming trend.
lonevillain99
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I've been buying clips from Valik for years and it definitely sucks that you are closing up shop. The main reason I stopped buying clips is because of the lack of mind control... Especially for non - hardcore clips, it has to focus on the fetish for me. Especially at that 25 dollar price point.

Your Pink Vixen series was by far the best you've produced. I really hope you change your mind and start producing again.