Alexandra Daddario Wonder Woman

General discussions about superheroines!
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

in the "What Could Have Been" files, I give you some photos of Alexandra Daddario on the set of the Baywatch movie they're filming, and from some of the pics of her in the blue and red swimsuit, it gives you an idea of what she could have looked like as Wonder Woman. I remember a poll somewhere (or a few) asking who we would like to see as Wonder Woman, and I voted pretty quickly for Alexandra Daddario. She's young, fit, and those blue eyes are incredible! Anyway, enjoy the pictures and I'll try not to dwell on 'what could have been', but in my opinion, she would have been an ideal Wonder Woman
Attachments
Alexandra-Daddario_-On-the-Set-of-Baywatch--04-300x420.jpg
Alexandra-Daddario_-On-the-Set-of-Baywatch--04-300x420.jpg (34.11 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
alexandra-daddario-on-the-set-of-baywatch-in-miami-03-07-2016_7.jpg
alexandra-daddario-on-the-set-of-baywatch-in-miami-03-07-2016_7.jpg (181.4 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
Alexandra-Daddario_-On-the-Set-of-Baywatch--16-662x993.jpg
Alexandra-Daddario_-On-the-Set-of-Baywatch--16-662x993.jpg (92.45 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
Alexandra-Daddario-in-Red-Swimsuit-on-Baywatch-Set--05-662x993.jpg
Alexandra-Daddario-in-Red-Swimsuit-on-Baywatch-Set--05-662x993.jpg (84.45 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
alexandra-daddario-on-the-set-of-baywatch-in-miami-03-07-2016_8.jpg
alexandra-daddario-on-the-set-of-baywatch-in-miami-03-07-2016_8.jpg (169.62 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
Bert

Every single non-bikini women's swimsuit should have a zipper down the front. That is all.
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

She would have been the best choice hands down-- but Hollywood always blows it!!!
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Hollywood totally blew it. I have nothing against Gal Gadot, but when I see her I just don't see Wonder Woman. With Alexandra, I definitely see Wonder Woman. IF someone had half a brain, and wanted to give Wonder Woman another try on tv, they should seriously get in touch with Alexandra.
Attachments
alexandra-daddario-more-pics-from-set-of-baywatch-in-miami-march-2016-10.jpg
alexandra-daddario-more-pics-from-set-of-baywatch-in-miami-march-2016-10.jpg (246.93 KiB) Viewed 5084 times
alexandra-daddario-baywatch-set-in-georgia-3-29-2016-1.jpg
alexandra-daddario-baywatch-set-in-georgia-3-29-2016-1.jpg (73.66 KiB) Viewed 5084 times
zac-efron-alexandra-daddario-baywatch-georgia-15.jpg
zac-efron-alexandra-daddario-baywatch-georgia-15.jpg (171.76 KiB) Viewed 5084 times
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I miss the 90s
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hell, I miss the '80s, the '90s, *and* the early 2000s, but that's what the Internet is for!
Can't wait for the Baywatch movie..I hope it's as politically incorrect as possible!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I think she is too spindly for WW, much like Gadot. Pretty enough girl though. First I've heard of the BW movie. Guess they don't need me as the Hoff's stunt double anymore. :sad:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

tallyho wrote:I think she is too spindly for WW, much like Gadot. Pretty enough girl though. First I've heard of the BW movie. Guess they don't need me as the Hoff's stunt double anymore. :sad:
No, but if you're outrageously ripped enough, you can be Zac Efron's
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

These days I could do a beached whale...
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Not "Free Willie" you're saying but rather it's more like "Free Tallyho!"
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

I am not a fan of the swimsuits though! The originals were the best, why would they venture away from those!!!
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

Are you kidding me.....

She's thinner than Gal Gadot, and that was people's major complaint about Gal Gadot... - her standout feature is her bewbs. However, every single pair of bewbs you've seen in a movie have been enhanced in some way. No, not by surgery - there's so many tricks for making them appear larger.

Tricks that can and have been used on Gal Gadot.

Gal Gadot comes with military training and the right complexion to play Wonderwoman. Alexandra is not of the right complexion to do so, she does not look remotely greek. A decent fighter, but far from someone who is military trained.

Not "the best" casting choice at all. A decent one, sure - but hardly "trump you sir" to Gal Gadot.
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

Military training has nothing to do with being an actress. I am sure Gal had her stunt double do many action sequences. Majority of actors have no military training and play the superhero part excellent. ScarJo, Christian Bale, Ben Affleck even. I get what you're saying though about her background being from an Israel though and requiring them all to serve. I just don't think that has anything to do with them playing a certain role.

I agree that this girl is a little to skinny too, just like Gal. I thought Gal was a bad choice at first, but saw her in the movie and thought she played it great! I actually really enjoyed the movie. Still would have liked to see this chick though!
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

swampy170 and xxxwarriorxxx have valid points and I appreciate your views. Like I said above, I have nothing against Gal and from what I remember seeing of her in the movie, I thought she more than held her own, especially given the fact that this is the first time we're seeing WW on the big screen. Could there have been better choices? I think so. You mean to tell me that of the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who auditioned for the role, that not even 5 or 6 slightly resembled Wonder Woman? (note that I didn't say 'look like Lynda Carter, because that seems to the be the only measuring stick of what WW should look like) but I can't imagine that there were a handful of people that looked more like WW than Gal. Having said that, it's all up to Gal to prove us all wrong and give us a good WW interpretation. As for Alexandra Daddario, I just think she has the WW look, and given some weight training and fight lessons (everything accorded to Gal) she could easily bulk up and look less skinny. That's just a given with almost every actor taking on a super hero role these days. If nothing else, I think Alexandra would be ideal to play WW on tv, if that were ever to happen anytime soon.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Why do they need 'an' actress to play wonder woman?

What's wrong with a flavor of the moment approach till they find the right one?

How many actors played Batman before they finally settled on one they liked?
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah, I tend to agree, she's too skinny for WW. Now Wonder Girl would be a different story. :)
Night_Lantern
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I like the idea of her as Wonder Girl for sure. Also may be a good candidate for a future WW. She sure is hot!
Blue-Scion

Yes Please
FallOutDweller
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Location: Mostly United Kinkydoms of Netherlands and Damnmarks

Right height, right cup, right breast size, right eye color, HIRE HER NOW BEFORE MARVEL, FOX OR THE MIGHTY HYPNOTIC DO IT.
Semi-Pro Devil's Advocate and Lawyer of Lost Pants & Causes / Spare Time Frame Caption Hunter.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Kitten wrote:Why do they need 'an' actress to play wonder woman?

What's wrong with a flavor of the moment approach till they find the right one?

How many actors played Batman before they finally settled on one they liked?
Batman only had "revolving door" casting because they were taking it one film at a time in the 1990s. So signing an actor for three or four films would have been expensive when each film could potentially be the last. (Which is what eventually happened with the franchise-killer Batman & Robin.)

In these confident - or reckless - days of huge shared universe franchises, getting actors committed to multi-film contracts is the norm. Keeping recasting to a bare minimum should make the DC Extended Universe, to use its official title, more consistent.

Jesse Eisenberg can fuck off, though. I get the impression the emphasis on Lex Luthor Jr in all the BvS marketing was setting up a retcon in anticipation of Eisenberg's "Zany Lex" going down like a cup of cold sick.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I never gave much thought or consideration to her playing Wonder Girl, but the more I think about it the more I can see it, as long as it's in an improved version of the Debra Winger version. Anything but pants. Given the success of the various super hero/ine shows, and the fact there hasn't been a WG since the 70s, I can totally see Alexandra as WG.