Supergirl Kickstarter has gone live!

General discussions about superheroines!
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Well folks here it is.

(click on there picture, sign up for free, then support the project)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... s-survival
you said you wanted a better suit and we listened. now because of the cost of the suit you guys wanted the project goal was increased.

please go here and support the cause.
(click on there picture, sign up for free, then support the project)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... s-survival

if this works out well you can expect to see more movies funded by multiple people to make long movies 30-90 minutes each for less than a fast food meal.

As little as $5 can help get this show on the road.

Details coming in a few minutes.

UPDATE:
I recently learned that some people think this thread is brand new and came out of no-where.
in an attempt to give as much information to people who might not have caught the evolution of this kickstarter I putting the links in so you all can see for yourself the evolution of this project and all the work that has gone into it already.
there is no longer any excuse, and definitely no reason to falsely blame me of withholding information.

1st thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26781

after the thread where everyone had a full week and two weekends to vote for wether it would be a Batgirl or Supergirl costume we come to the second post:

2nd thread
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26832

Then Came the third thread where we had to choose which Supergirl costume you guys wanted because the Latex costume wasn't good enough.

3rd thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26838&p=118678#p118678

This is where you guys took a week to vote for the current costume. the gender bend man of steel costume took a huge lead and stayed in the lead until the end of the poll when out of nowhere votes came streaming for costume one. unfortunately those votes came too late as the voting closed before it could take the lead.

And this is where we currently are.
Last edited by KnightsofGotham.com 8 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Concept:
Superman has gone missing!
The world last saw him flying off the planet to investigate a strange portal that has opened between the earth and the moon
Supergirl has gone to investigate and gets back only to find that a strange being was also seen escaping the portal

Super girl sets off to find this being

What is he up to? what does he want? and what is his connection with the disappearance of Superman?

Running time:
Starting at a base time of 30 minutes and can go as long as 90 minutes

Elements:
1) Death peril. Super girl is trapped in a Kryptonite containment Death Trap that slowly shrinks forcing Supergirl to either submit or face her doom
2) Moral peril. Super girl is faced with the choice between submitting to the villains evil demands or face the death of thousands of people.
3) Sexual peril (optional)
4) Either a victory ending or a death ending depending on which you prefer. (videos will not have both endings. those who wish death over victory will be sent their choice as a digital download
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Cast:
Supergirl: Evangeline von Winter*
Mister Plyx: Leviathan*
Lois lane: Jamie Daniels*
Batgirl: Lea hart
Powergirl/Morgana: Samantha Grace*
Catwoman: Caroline pierce

*Confirmed actors with roles already formed and written out
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

So far we have 2 backers.
THANK YOU

I really hope this gets off the ground and we make our goal.
as promised if this thing goes live Im going to expand on the available model list and even include fetish models who might not come this way regularly but we would fly them up!
Brad
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

OK. Based on the male villain's name (sounds like a certain comic book imp I know of), can we assume there will be some peril involving magic for the girls of steel (Supergirl and Powergirl)?
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Brad wrote:OK. Based on the male villain's name (sounds like a certain comic book imp I know of), can we assume there will be some peril involving magic for the girls of steel (Supergirl and Powergirl)?
yes. quite a bit actually.
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

What is the link? I don't see it in the opening post
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Click on the pic and then it's a few simple entries (email address etc) to sign up and donate.
I have no vested interest in this project(so this is me speaking as a punter) but again I would urge all people who were interested in this thread enough to open it to go the whole hog and help make it happen by giving whatever you can afford by clicking on the pics above.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Thanks for the assist on telling them where the link was. I have now edited the original post to explain the process and where to click.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

This is my once a day bump in attempts to keep this as high up as possible.
Please consider participating and helping to bring about affordable videos for all.

thank you
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

I want to thank the person who donated $100 which grants the ability to write a scene but it also clearly states that all rough plots have to be approved before submitting.
If you're planning on donating $100 with the idea of writing your own scene you must clear the scene with me before pledging.
this is done to make sure the integrity of the overall film is held up.
i mean what would the final film look like if a patron wrote a scene where Supergirl is killed half way through the movie, or if super girl is introduced to 17 heroines in one scene?
you can see where I'm going with this.

So if anyone wants to follow suit pease clear the rough idea with me prior to donating. thanks.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Story Update:

Concept:
Superman has gone missing!
The world last saw him flying off the planet to investigate a strange portal that has opened between the earth and the moon
Supergirl has gone to investigate and gets back only to find that a strange being was also seen escaping the portal

Super girl sets off to find this being

Meeting Mr. Plyx for the first time
Mr. Plyx tells her he will set off a hidden device that will kill thousands unless she can prove she is the strongest girl in the world by escaping from the villain's bonds.  
Desperate to save the day, Supergirl agrees, not sensing kryptonite or anything strange about the ropes.  
The villain binds Supergirl and she is initially very confident, not feeling any weakness or the effects of kryptonite.  
Once she starts struggling, however, she slowly realizes the ropes are completely unbreakable, even with her super strength intact.  
The villain explains they are made from a magic substance that makes them unbreakable.
He also reveals that the more she struggles the harder the ropes become and will eventually crush her. 
Supergirl struggles desperately but eventually has to admit to the world she has failed before being gagged by the villain.  
She struggles against her bounds and is slowly crushed to death until the last moment when another heroine shows up to release her.

NOTE:
If you donate $100 you get to write a full 5-10 minute scene of the movie. Just pm me or email me before donating to make it happen
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

KnightsofGotham.com wrote:This is my once a day bump in attempts to keep this as high up as possible.
Please consider participating and helping to bring about affordable videos for all.

thank you
Can you make a request that your thread should be stickied to the moderator?
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Nykron wrote:
KnightsofGotham.com wrote:This is my once a day bump in attempts to keep this as high up as possible.

thank you
Can you make a request that your thread should be stickied to the moderator?

I could. and now that someone else has asked for it it won't seem like a selfish request.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I've had others ask about it so I have asked if it can happen just for the duration of the campaign.

Good to see 10% raised so far, well done to those who have supported it.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

it should be added that there are two more options way at the bottom and this is meant tholepin fund the costume:

$200 allows you to write two scenes. one 5-10 minute scene for the long movie, and one 15-25minute movie that will be for the backer to enjoy. its like a custom film added for helping to fund the costume. so $200 gets you a 30-90 minute movie, a custom scene in that movie, and a separate custom

$250 allows you everything in the $200 section plus you get a free movie overtime the costume is used for a movie. so if we produce 12 movies in a years time using that suit you get them for free as well.

I'm really trying my best to get this out to you guys.
Godz24
Henchman
Henchman

hmm i might need to up my donation if i can think of ideas for a few scenes.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Godz24 wrote:hmm i might need to up my donation if i can think of ideas for a few scenes.
you're always welcome to.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

This should act as a reminder that the full amount needs to be reached for this movie to go forward. When I was planning a 30-90 minute movie with the costumes I had already $250 seemed reasonable. now with a $1200 costume YOU all voted for that goal is far larger. So come on guys 20 of you voted for that suit and 20 of you said you would contribute something.
So far only 5 have!
this was a good faith proposition and i expected you guys to live up to it.

So lets see those pledges come in guys.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

It was the very last suit I would have chosen but I will honor my commitment.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

DrDominator9 wrote:It was the very last suit I would have chosen but I will honor my commitment.
I feel your pain buddy. it wasn't anywhere near the suit I would have picked. Hell i would have preferred to find a creator to hand make the costume from the tv show before the gender bend of the movie costume...but I have to listen to what the majority wants. I think the next kickstarter will be with costume either we already have or are easily obtained.

but thank you for sticking to your commitment. i appreciate it.
Dave
Sargeant
Sargeant

You never said anything about the costume when you did the original poll for whether or not people would be willing to donate to help out...I guess we should have asked you before voting what your plans were on costume. I for one thought that you would just go with a traditional look...well I won't make that mistake again. I will donate because I said I would, but I will be not be getting involved in anything like this in the future...
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Dave wrote:You never said anything about the costume when you did the original poll for whether or not people would be willing to donate to help out...I guess we should have asked you before voting what your plans were on costume. I for one thought that you would just go with a traditional look...well I won't make that mistake again. I will donate because I said I would, but I will be not be getting involved in anything like this in the future...
LOL.
oh ok.
i guess the first post where i started asking about where we start this process went over your head, and when i ran the second thread about costumes and people said they didn't want latex super girl that went over your head too. oh wait and the third thread where we ran a poll as to which super girl costume we were going to use went over your head too.

not to mention that each thread had a link to the previous thread so people could follow the evolution all the way back to the start.

I'm not lying here you can click on my profile and click on "see all posts" and see all the posts and how they all have links to show I'm not lying here. you just didn't see it and are somehow trying to blame me for not releasing the info...

but yeah....this was all my fault.
ok
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

12% funded with 25 days left folks.
this is my once a day bump to keep this visible.
please consider pledging even at the lowest level.

It's my hope that we will be able;e to fund this and start making very affordable movies for all of you to enjoy.

Remember.... once this movie is made and given to those who pledged it will go for sale on C4S and it will be at regular price so if you want to pay $5 for a 30-90 minute movie this is the best way to get one.

if you desire more control options are there to help you supply input as to content.

thank you all.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

I have taken all the work out of the search and made a note at the bottom of the initial post to include all the links so anyone who is somehow coming to this for the first time and see the evolution without having to do any of the work.
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

Who the heck would want a Supergirl suit which doesent show legs?
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Mamooche24 wrote:Who the heck would want a Supergirl suit which doesent show legs?
21 people
who said they would be willing to support the project if this costume was chosen.

out of 21 people only 6 have actually pledged.
its ok though because this is how I roll. if you say you want something and promise to act i will give you the benefit of the doubt and try it. if it doesn't workout I will try it my way/ the way i wanted to do it from the start and when people bitch and moan i point them to the thread that shows their way never got any traction.

The way I see it if the campaign succeeds then we have an awesome (if obviously not perfect) costume and we can go forward, but if it fails because the publics demand was larger than their willingness to pitch in then we go for the latex costume and shoot it my way with a dozen models.

The project is currently very ambitious.
I just wish that Diana Knight was still active to be a participant.
she would have made the ultimate Wonder Woman
Godz24
Henchman
Henchman

Hmm maybe next time, we can have a cheaper option milestone and then the more expensive costume as an extended goal? that way if they want it they can put their money where there "click" is.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Godz24 wrote:Hmm maybe next time, we can have a cheaper option milestone and then the more expensive costume as an extended goal? that way if they want it they can put their money where there "click" is.

Thats an amazingly great idea! I will be honest I never thought of that. thats a really awesome idea and i wish i knew that was even possible.
i guess its good for next time
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Happy Weekend!
here is your daily bump to keep attention to this project.

thank you very much to everyone who has supported the project so far.
Dragon1
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I made that suggestion earlier by saying allow the voters to put the money where the mouth is
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Daily Bump. 24 days to go. Tomorrow I hope to release the primary script.
completely unfinished and with holes where other stories can be fitted in.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Daily Bump.
only 22 days left to go before termination of project.
Script got a little work done because i had to spend all day in the studio with keri Spectrum shooting videos and didn't get home until late.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Daily Bump.
21 days to go.

Im going to do a daily bump until monday and then do one ever week. if it hasn't gotten the amount of support it needs by that time I will consider the project a failure and go back to the original plan of a 30-90 minute Batgirl movie with 6-12 models for $5

You 20 people who said you wanted the super girl suit and then failed to live up to your promise of support will be directed to this thread when you say i should use a better suit.

thanks
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Daily Bump
20 days to go.
Loki
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Man, this thing is really not getting funded. :confused:
admin

I edited this post since it appears to be a glitch with kickstarter.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

This will be the last of the daily bumps to attract attention. By this point most of you should have seen this thread at least once.
I will say i am more than a little disappointed that everyone who promised they would pledge if only we changed the costume have all but forgotten their promise and people have decided that its better to just complain about producers pricing than pledge $5 for a 30-90 minute movie.

its also depressing to know that if I had completely disregarded everyones request for a new costume and just made it with the latex super girl costume the movie would be funded already and we would be taking our first steps into a new format that would allow everyone to order low cost movies that run longer than normal.

I'm not giving up though. If this campaign does fail I will be restarting it with the original costume and the original goal so i can make this for you guys!

You have have given up on affordable movies, but I haven't
Dragon1
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Excellent Idea and I knew the ones who voted would not come through big eyes with no backup, I think you should do it with a few costumes and see which ones get funded and that would be the voting.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Dragon1 wrote: I think you should do it with a few costumes and see which ones get funded and that would be the voting.
Seriously? A few costumes? It's just been proven that wasn't working. Let the man go back to his original concept with his original latex costume as proposed and restart the funding initiative. At this point I have my doubts it will succeed. But why not allow him to give it a shot: it could be a great way to generate good videos at low cost to consumers.

Dragon1
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Dr a few of the costumes they were voting on and the one that get funded first get's shot.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Dr Dom I think the idea was to have say 3 costume options X,Y,Z, IF $150 got raised shoot with Z, if $300 got raised shoot with Y, if $500+ got raised shoot with X. But the fundraiser was for A COSTUME so however much got raised would be what was used.

I think that was what was being mentioned but it came about AFTER KoG had started this one.

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I guess KoG will have to straighten this all out. Right now, nothing is getting much funding at all from what I can tell. And if the funding is split between three different choices, it seems unlikely that any of them will reach their goal. Hopefully I'm wrong.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Thats not what is happening this time but the notion is that that might be worth going for next time - the fundraiser is for A costume and you will get whichever one can be paid for once the money raising ends. Remember you are still getting all those perks offered from free video to your own custom scene. Yes I'm disappointed by the reaction too, especially as it starts from just $5

Dragon1
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Yes Tally exactly.
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Here is the best I could possibly offer. line up the costumes by cost. lowest to highest
Have the kickstarter start off with the cheapest costume. if/when that one gets funded we move the goal point up to include the second expensive. if that one gets funded we move on to the most expensive. then what i can do is shoot three movies (one with each suit) and give a free copy to whoever pledged for that suit cost.

or

we can forget this suit business altogether since its obvious that many are comfortable talking a good game but find it hard to step to the plate.

time will see but with every failed attempt i will start adapting the methods used by others who just keep all control and don't give a rats ass if you pledge or not. I remember several very heated conversations about not having a say in what happened in the story and not pledging because they couldn't get a voice.
the guy played it his way and managed to get the funds anyway and did it his way.
Im trying to cater to those disenfranchised and Im getting kicked in the teeth for my trouble so it shows other producers that they shouldn't ever bother trying to cater to people because they won't even bother meeting them 15% of the way let alone half way
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

I am very grateful to those who have taken the time and effort to pledge. even if its only $5 that $5 is hard worked for and I appreciate it being pledged.
One of the reasons I want to use the latex costume is because i have it already. it won't cost anything, and we can go back to trying to gibe a quality product to people for very little money.
Dragon1
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Here is the best I could possibly offer. line up the costumes by cost. lowest to highest
Have the kickstarter start off with the cheapest costume. if/when that one gets funded we move the goal point up to include the second expensive. if that one gets funded we move on to the most expensive. then what i can do is shoot three movies (one with each suit) and give a free copy to whoever pledged for that suit cost.
I love the idea but when happens if I pledge for the second costume which I love and then it get's to the third one which I do not like?
KnightsofGotham.com
Producer
Producer

Dragon1 wrote: I love the idea but when happens if I pledge for the second costume which I love and then it get's to the third one which I do not like?
people are listed by the amount they pledged. they are categorized so if you contribute to the second costume and all three get funded then you will get the movie that has the costume you funded. you will not get the movie with costume 1 and not get the movie with costume 3.
you would just have to wait for movie one to get filmed first.

if this seems unfair because you have to wait understand that everyones nitpicking about wanting the perfect costume for a $5 movie that runs 30-90 minutes has put everyone in this boat.

When i started this all i wanted is to give people an option for a less expensive film in hopes that producers would take note and follow suit. but what i have gotten it seems is people not even bothering being thankful for a $5 movie and wanting more!

its like going up to a person waiting online to see a superhero movie and telling them they are being taken to a deluxe screening box where they will sit next to the stars of the film, and then having that person say the entire thing is trash because they don't get to sit with the president of the movie company while a gorgeous blonde performs sexual acts during the movie.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

KnightsofGotham.com wrote:
its like going up to a person waiting online to see a superhero movie and telling them they are being taken to a deluxe screening box where they will sit next to the stars of the film, and then having that person say the entire thing is trash because they don't get to sit with the president of the movie company while a gorgeous blonde performs sexual acts during the movie.
Okay, how much do I have to pledge to get this!!! And, hey, if the gorgeous blonde isn't wearing a superheroine costume, I'm going to be VERY disappointed!! :lol: