supergirl/albert falcone taken down by author due to too much exposition

Not all stories have happy endings. Some don't have endings at all. And some don't even have beginnings anymore. Enter if you've the time - enter, pay your respects to these once-weres and might-have-beens, and move on.
psiber8
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

For anyone who was reading this story (not sure if anyone, but that's ok...I have been rereading it and have come to the conclusion that I am handling what could be a great story in an incorrect way, rushing too much, and offering too much by expostion, instead of showing it. For God's sake, I have a film degree and should already know that lesson: why tell them when you could show them?

I will rework things and complete the story on my end and then repost when it is done and polished. There are some very awesome writers here and posting less then a person's best is kind of a slap in the face of those writers.

See ya soon!
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Hoping that you're working on this and we'll see it back up in a while.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
NoonShadow
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

psiber8 wrote:For anyone who was reading this story (not sure if anyone, but that's ok...I have been rereading it and have come to the conclusion that I am handling what could be a great story in an incorrect way, rushing too much, and offering too much by expostion, instead of showing it. For God's sake, I have a film degree and should already know that lesson: why tell them when you could show them?!
Show, don't tell is always much easier said than done. So don't be too hard on yourself. There's always a ton of things to get across, and often, there's too much focus on some details which causes other details, which are also important, to be more skimmed over.

Looking forward to seeing your revised/edited versions sometime soon.
TheWatcher
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Hello,
This is weird to be posting on this particular area but I find that it is always easier to ask someone a question rather than looking aimlessly for the answer. That being said, I have a story that I have written and I would like to post it or have it reviewed by someone. How do I go about doing that? Also, I don't know what this story by Albert Falcone was but I hope that it is refreshed and reposted at some point.
Thanks,
TheWatcher
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hello The Watcher. We have a story Moderator, Disciple. If you want to message them to ask your questions Im sure they will help.
We have 2 story areas - the Dungeon for darker themed stories (heroine loses/dies brutally, heavy on violence and /or sexual content.) and a normal story section for tamer outcomes. Where you post will depend on your content.
You post your story by just going into the relevant section and starting a New Topic
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).