Coming Soon Posts - Your Thoughts

Info regarding this website!
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've had an issue brought up recently about the number of "Coming Soon" posts in the Lounge section. I guess with all the posts that are happening in those threads, it keeps bumping down the other regular discussion topics.

I don't know if I have a thought about this one way or the other. But what I've done is moved up the Producers Section and I'd like to ask from this point forward that any coming soon announcements be made there, and when your video is released, start a new post in the Latest Releases section.

Let me know what you all think about that.

MH
Arcane
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I'm guessing that goes for fans too, that just want to get the word out about an upcoming video from a producer that doesn't post here.

Is it alright for non producers to post in the producer section.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes absolutely. There is a section there where a fan can post for producers that aren't on this forum. The bigger question is, why aren't they on this forum?! :)
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Would it be possible to have a dedicated "Forthcoming Superheroine Releases" forum where everyone can promote and discuss forthcoming videos? The work of smaller and newer producers would get overlooked if they have to set up yet another subforum in the Producers section.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Id second the idea of a forum section for "coming soon" releases, that way the lounge can stay a discussion section rather then a mixed section that it is now.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I have never understood why the registered producers here don't use the producer forum for their works.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Probably cause the Lounge gets a lot more traffic than the producer forum and sub-forums.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:Probably cause the Lounge gets a lot more traffic than the producer forum and sub-forums.
That's the key problem. Although it's difficult to tell whether the lack of traffic is due to producers not using the sub-forum enough or whether it's due to members not wanting to navigate multiple sub-forums?

Either way, when a thread is moved from the Lounge to the Producer forum, it often seems like the thread is thrown in the attic as a punishment. (That may not be the intention, but it's how it comes across.)
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

It's also worth remembering that "Coming Soon" covers a whole range of threads...

"Shooting a new Generica video soon. What do you want to see?"
"New Genrica costume"
"Jane Model is the new Generica"
"Shooting with Jane Model today"
"Pics from yesterday's shoot with Jane Model"
"Coming soon: Generica and the Examples of Stuff starring Jane Model" (With stills and a YouTube trailer.)
"What do you want to see in Generica and the Further Examples of Stuff?" (With a shameless link to the Generica and the Examples of Stuff thread in the New Superheroine Releases section.)

Would they all get moved from the Lounge? Or just the ones which specify a shot video which is now in post-production?
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Heroine Addict wrote:Would it be possible to have a dedicated "Forthcoming Superheroine Releases" forum where everyone can promote and discuss forthcoming videos? The work of smaller and newer producers would get overlooked if they have to set up yet another subforum in the Producers section.

Right. I gave that some thought. It would seem redundant to have yet another forum dedicated to producers releases when we already have a Producers section. For producers that do not want/need a subforum, they could post in the parent section of Producers Corner.
Thats just a thought.
One of the reasons I added the "Latest Posts" section was to bring these forums to the front page. (Latest Posts will be moving to a sidebar within the next 2 weeks). But if you all think that another forum for "Coming Soon" is a better option I can add it.

The lounge is a very popular forum and I try to keep in uncluttered. It's not a punishment when I move a thread, although to some producers it might seem like it is, but if a topic is constantly being bumped and the issue is more about producer related issues rather than the content, then I'll move it.
Heroine Addict wrote:It's also worth remembering that "Coming Soon" covers a whole range of threads...

"Shooting a new Generica video soon. What do you want to see?"
"New Genrica costume"
"Jane Model is the new Generica"
"Shooting with Jane Model today"
"Pics from yesterday's shoot with Jane Model"
"Coming soon: Generica and the Examples of Stuff starring Jane Model" (With stills and a YouTube trailer.)
"What do you want to see in Generica and the Further Examples of Stuff?" (With a shameless link to the Generica and the Examples of Stuff thread in the New Superheroine Releases section.)

Would they all get moved from the Lounge? Or just the ones which specify a shot video which is now in post-production?

Quick answer to the last question is option 2. I don't want to impose too many rules. The goal is to make the lounge a little less cluttered.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe the Latest Superheroine Releases section could have "Coming Soon" and "Superheoine Video Reviews" as subforums? Then past, present and future videos would be close together for easy reference.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've decided to add coming soon posts to the landing page. Once that video is released then the assets(pictures and videos) could be used for the release announcement which would also be on that page. I have another announcement about the landing page that I will link to when I post it.