Firebird (2015) Review

Superheroine Video Reviews By The Fans!
Forum rules
Create One Thread For Each Video Title.
In the Subject Line, put the title of the video, followed by the production company, or producers name.
Rate the video out of 10 at the bottom of your post.
Your review must be constructive. Tell us why you liked it, or why you didn't.
javcritic
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Running Time : 25 mins 29 secs

Firebird stars Zelah as the titular role who after receiving reoccurring nightmares in which an ill fated fight with a nameless super-villain takes place decides to go out for some exercise to take her mind off it as she then sees a great ball of light come down from the sky and decides to investigate but soon finds that her dream is about to come true, but can she escape this dreadful fate in time? Lets find out.

And the first thing i noticed about this film was its great sense of tone a lot like Redwing 2 this film has some powerfully dark cinematography which successfully gives a very gloomy/foreboding feel throughout while also being amplified by films eerie soundtrack with its whining/screeching sounds in the background we get a real feeling of impending doom but then as things liven up it then perfectly adapts to that giving off a much more epic feel yet in just as an immediate and tense manner as the previous score.

The acting also helps this sense of seriousness carry on with every line being delivered with as much urgency and earnestness as every other factor of the film and for that i really have to give all the cast credit, Zelah in particular who not only sticks to this serious tone of the film with her performance but also somehow is able to fit some personality and humor in it too while also being surprisingly dominant in her role she gives off a lot of presence sometimes venomously spouting lines with a type of raw energy i have never seen in a heroine performance before and for that i definitely have to applaud her.

As for the special effects they’re surprisingly effective and are possibly the most pivotal to a films progression/story i have ever seen, and this being a TBFE film the set/costume design is just as superior looking as the SFX, looking very professional/impressive and never for a second looking amateur.

And speaking of costume design Firebird’s is absolutely stunning, its beautiful shimmer amplifying its stars beauty by letting her voluptuous behind show yet covering her otherwise perky breasts making them looks larger and all the more desirable for being so compact in her tight spandex, the costume is also visually pleasing in it’s an abundance of accessories/features that will also keep your eyes busy (if it’s beautiful shimmer didn’t already).

The directing is sharp, crisp and professional while never forgetting to give us a titillating shot/sequence every now and then to keep your attention even more (in good TBFE fashion).

The writing is interesting, while it has a very sparse/simple build up it cleverly turns the tables of our heroines power for quite a bit of the film as said before having her be very dominant with every line holding tons of weight and presence before demonstrating that power with help of the films already great special effects so that if we didn’t doubt her powers before we definitely don’t now, and as with other heroine films once this is flipped around again and she is now the perilous one it is all the more exhilarating because of this decision.

And when this does happen Zelah gives just as much conviction/dedication to her role but on the opposite end of the scale amplifying this already exhilarating idea she uses her raw acting approach to deliver a very desperate and helpless feeling heroine which is just as exhilarating if not more so than her dominant one.

And because of all of these aspects unlike most heroine films the fight scenes never bore, all of it completely holding your attention the whole time and never once did i ever feel my patience was being tested, and also on top of that we are given some of the most convincing non-stimulated sex i have ever seen in a heroine film too, again being completely amplified by Zelah’s performance and will to push herself to her limits.

And when the scenes do inevitably become more sexually driven unlike those other heroine films where my attention finally starts to peak instead i had already been so thoroughly engaged up to this point that these scenes were no different being thoroughly mesmerizing to watch and having tons of eye candy in them and with Zelah giving some beautiful sounds throughout as well as her performance in general just being at its peak of provocativeness these scenes were almost unbearably intense at times.

And then after this spellbinding conclusion we are then given a finishing line from our heroine delivered to the camera reminiscent of the last scene in Dyna Woman and its just as provocative a moment as that one too.

So all in all this film not only has a solid grip on tone but also has some thoroughly impressive set/costume design amplified by its professional feeling direction and also featuring some pioneering aspects i have never seen in a heroine film before, the first being it’s lead delivering one of the most intense and committed performances i have ever seen by a superheroine actress before, another being its extremely effective/convincing non-stimulated sex performances and another being it’s superior special effects and how it was made more pivotal to the films effectiveness than most heroine film (and obviously succeeded in that), so with that being said i definitely have to recommend this film.

9.5/10

Buy It Here :

http://www.shg-media.com/Default.asp?Pa ... 4757719971

My blog where you can find all my other reviews as well as this one :

http://javreviewsxxx.tumblr.com/
Doctor Outcome
Overlord
Overlord

Excellent review javcritic. Can you tell me more about this Zelah person? How long has she been in the business? She sounds very talented.
'Underestimate your enemy in battle, odds are, you won't live to see another one'
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

Who was this actress?
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

xxxwarriorxxx wrote:Who was this actress?
remains a mystery....
Blx
Elder Member
Elder Member

Some model/dancer from Oregon
shevek
Producer
Producer

With TBFE, they almost all are, right Blx? :)

Zelah Matheson ("Zelah Pandemonium"), circus performer, dancer, burlesquer it seems.
Very classy and beautiful. The review didn't mention at all that there's a gorgeous fire-dancing scene near the beginning. Such routines are extremely alluring when done well, and the women who do them adapt nicely to superheroine-type acting.
http://www.modelmayhem.com/3437097
Photo of her as Firebird on her Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
wondergirlsupragirl
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Zelah Matheson, is so hot as Firebird! :yahoo:
Last edited by wondergirlsupragirl 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Yes, with more action hopefully! I think the costume could be better without the sash (just my opinion)
shevek
Producer
Producer

Just rewatched the Firebird video. Zelah is insanely hot! And she is a regular exotic dancer at the Kit Kat Club in Portland, sometimes dancing in cosplay outfits. Here's her most recent Facebook photo from only two weeks ago.

Why hasn't she appeared in any more videos for the Portland-based SHIP video studios? Just curious.

tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

She's wearing that tartan ALL wrong
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).