Good Fights or Beatdowns

General discussions about superheroines!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just curious what others think.

I find when there is a forgone conclusion is a fight or scenario when the heroine can do nothing, it is somewhat lacking.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Is this an either/or question as to whether we prefer good fights which are evenly matched or beatdowns which are one-sided? I propose a third option: Good fights which suddenly turn into beatdowns.

To me, the reversal of fortune when a strong heroine suddenly starts losing is the key turning point when these videos get really exciting.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'd put the reversal of fortune in the good fight category.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

So many examples I can mention, but the latest Batwoman movie by Kendra James really stands out for me. She was just.....outmatched. Her opponent was strong and just defeated her using brute force, without breaking any bones or mutilation. She was worn down and humiliated. I don't care for the death or shooting, stabbing, or choking. Just a somewhat believable fight where the heroine gives it her all but is simply outmatched and worn down and defeated.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I haven't see the video you are referring to, but I tend to agree.

Whenever I write a custom script, I always make sure to stress that the heroine has to be formidable. If the fight it totally one-sided, it loses all impact. There's nothing less interesting to me than an incompetent heroine who just gets totally stomped on and never even had a chance.

Fight scenes really aren't my thing, but the best fights are the ones in which the heroine and the villain are somewhat evenly matched, at first. Or even where the heroine is far superior. And then the villain turns the tables somehow either by some clever trickery or by exploiting the heroine's weakness.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I don't think this has ever been done but I'd like to see the heroine make an effort to escape once she realizes she's beaten, like making a mad dash to the door only to be stopped or crawling away in a futile attempt to get away. I'd like to see the fear and desperation in her face as she realizes she's defeated before trying to get away
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

avenger wrote:I don't think this has ever been done but I'd like to see the heroine make an effort to escape once she realizes she's beaten, like making a mad dash to the door only to be stopped or crawling away in a futile attempt to get away. I'd like to see the fear and desperation in her face as she realizes she's defeated before trying to get away
Ouch! How humiliating! I love it. :)
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

avenger wrote:So many examples I can mention, but the latest Batwoman movie by Kendra James really stands out for me. She was just.....outmatched. Her opponent was strong and just defeated her using brute force, without breaking any bones or mutilation. She was worn down and humiliated. I don't care for the death or shooting, stabbing, or choking. Just a somewhat believable fight where the heroine gives it her all but is simply outmatched and worn down and defeated.

And that is unusual for a Kendra James story usually there is some give and take.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

what made that Kendra fight scene so good for me was that her opponent was so obviously bigger than her and would just not go down so easily; and her facial expressions also sold it for me. The wedgies and final indignation was an added bonus. But regarding the fight, she was clearly outmatched by a person physically more imposing and without the use of any powers or weapons, just brute strength and endurance.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I haven't seen the film, but in a case where Batwoman is obviously over-matched physically, I would expect her to do something clever. Use some of her gadgets or weapons to even the odds. Use the environment against her opponent. Something. If she did none of that and just tried to meet her opponent head-on when she obviously didn't stand a chance, I can see why you might be disappointed. Still... not every video is for everyone. :)
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I a not attracted to over muscled females, just me.
but I do like when a smaller woman dominates a larger (superheroines or otherwise) so if there is a part 2 when Batwoman gets the upper hand that would be interesting.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Batwoman swings from a chain to get an advantage
decendingskulls
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I actually get quickly bored by beatdowns, personally. I much prefer the back and forth. I (like many) want the heroine to ultimately lose, but that's besides the point. When it's a good fight with back and forth, it does many positive things for the movie:

- it continually establishes and re-establishes that the heroine is formidable.
- it creates tension and suspense not knowing who will prevail and when or how (by contrast there is no suspense with a beatdown).
- it creates MULTIPLE instances and varied ways for the heroine to be defeated each time the tables are turned, instead of one defeat followed by a beatdown.
- it shows that the stakes are high for everyone, which to me creates more sexual tension.
- it gives the heroine's actor a chance to gloat, smile, look victorious, which broadens the range of her acting in the film, which adds depth to her character, which makes her defeat even sexier, or at least more tragic.
- it gives the heroine's actor more interesting things to do physically as well, instead of limping around clutching her stomach the entire time, which again adds depth to her character
- it gives both the heroine and the villain more opportunities for dialogue, instead of the one-sided dialogue that might accompany a beatdown

So many reasons...
Ave atque vale
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The fight in Valor was another one I enjoyed; the weakening from the attempts at chloroforming her was well done. She continued to fight while being weakened
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I like it when the heroine wins by fighting dirty, or clever, depending how you want to describe it.
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

The recent Black Scorpion is an interesting one, the heroine lost a few rounds, fight smartly in the final fight, but the ending is bad/tragic for her
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I like when the heroine attacks all confident but then by attrition loses. There's a good Justice League Unlimited episode where Wonder Woman is stopping Giganta from breaking Grodd out of prison. She smacks Giganta around but then Bizarro shows up and starts punching Wonder Woman into walls.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dazzle1 wrote:Just curious what others think.

I find when there is a forgone conclusion is a fight or scenario when the heroine can do nothing, it is somewhat lacking.
When it comes of SH kink stuff, I suppose it's good for the superheroine to show some ability, but prefer "when the heroine can do nothing" to be 80% or thereabouts the length of the movie. And if a huge chunk of the video includes bondage (including scifi bondage or body control), and what happens to her while in bondage, then even better.

I suppose I'm in the minority, but there ya go.

For mainstream SH stuff (like Avengers 2), it's a different story cause then I'm actually watching for the story, CGI and fantastic comic book live-action, and not so much the kink.

:bh: :im:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
redmanx
Henchman
Henchman

I like to see a good hard fight with the superheroine at full strength, not weakened, but eventually she is overwhelmed and beaten by her stronger, more powerful foe. I think its so hot when the heroine realises that even at her best and strongest she cannot win but fights on bravely suffering a bad, humiliating beating.
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

For me it depends on my mood what I will like and sometimes seeing the one sided fight is what I want.

To me the 'batgirl' character is perfect for this style defeat because she is not super powered, she relies on skills, gadgets, planning and tactics. Outdo her on those fronts, or negate them, and you can win. If the villain has planned well, has in place counter-gadgets, that can slowly run down the utility belt , watching her escape plan already be predicted and foiled...wearing her down.....until she is physically dominated...that's exciting to me.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
avenger wrote:I don't think this has ever been done but I'd like to see the heroine make an effort to escape once she realizes she's beaten, like making a mad dash to the door only to be stopped or crawling away in a futile attempt to get away. I'd like to see the fear and desperation in her face as she realizes she's defeated before trying to get away
We've actually done this quite a few times-- might shoot this tomorrow...
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Logan wrote:
TIEnTEEZ wrote:
We've actually done this quite a few times-- might shoot this tomorrow...
that is a good one, that would add quite a bit to a fight I think, peril wise

my input not that it matters :P. I agree that a give and take fight for a while and then a total overpowering beat down is the way to go

just sayn
krispin21
Henchman
Henchman

Beatdown with the heroine bravely but uslessly fighting. Only fem vs fem. And without kryptonite or something similar. A fair fight, not so fair only because the heroine isn't strong enough.The bad girl should be larger and stronger. The good girl slim and weak.

Batgirl is a perfect victim for me, she is without superpowers.
I love the humiliation when the heroine realizes she is far the weaker and she can't do nothing against her stronger rival.

Another nice scenario should be a superheroine stronger only becausee of her superpowers, may be a belt or a ring. When the bad girl manages to take off the belt, they fight only with her normal human bodies. And the far larger stronger villainess easy wins, dominating teasing and humiliating the supposed strong heroine.

I would like to read some stories like that, but it's difficult to find online.
AdKav81
Neophyte
Neophyte

For me the fight only serves to show the over confidence of the heroine and the eventual weakening, making her more susceptible to the eventual corruption, sexual humiliation etc...