Power/Rangers

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

nice fight scene, a bit too dark for my liking

(slightly off topic) Speaking of power rangers, here are a few clips of Sophia Crawford, the stunt double for pink ranger/buffy

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sP0ILpkn9_A

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ff2z0MMxq-8
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I like this "dark reboot" of the power rangers.
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

me too,,

I would watch this, I like campy as much as the next nerd,,,umm,,guy :D but this looks interesting and somewhat exciting,,,not sure dawson or the "green ranger" really know what they are doing (fighting) but it is still pretty entertaining.

like the "punisher-dirty laundry" no where near the movie but still worth it and really well done.

Thomas jane did not look the part, but hadn't been paid to spend 6 months in the gym either ,he looks (in the face) and sounds the part either way.
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Did you not see Tom Jane's actual Punisher film? Dirty Laundry was pretty much in the same theme as the film and he looked just like he did in that Punisher, its just been a few years since he was in that film.

As for the Power Rangers thing, didn't care for it, its one of those things that will always be kind of campy and fun and part of my childhood, it doesn't need the same crappy Batman "dark" treatment that everything else seems to have to get these days.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Wasn't this video supposed to be satirical; a "dark and gritty" take on one of the lightest kids' shows? It seems a lot of people have taken it literally as exactly the sort of Power Rangers they want to see.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
ywf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

RedMountain wrote:Did you not see Tom Jane's actual Punisher film? Dirty Laundry was pretty much in the same theme as the film and he looked just like he did in that Punisher, its just been a few years since he was in that film.

As for the Power Rangers thing, didn't care for it, its one of those things that will always be kind of campy and fun and part of my childhood, it doesn't need the same crappy Batman "dark" treatment that everything else seems to have to get these days.
Exactly, I can see a lot of unnecessary drama in the trailer already. Power Rangers is supposed to be action packed and fun. If they ever decides to greenlit the project, give the show a new name.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Heroine Addict wrote:Wasn't this video supposed to be satirical; a "dark and gritty" take on one of the lightest kids' shows? It seems a lot of people have taken it literally as exactly the sort of Power Rangers they want to see.
I thought it was a piss take too.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

tallyho wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote:Wasn't this video supposed to be satirical; a "dark and gritty" take on one of the lightest kids' shows? It seems a lot of people have taken it literally as exactly the sort of Power Rangers they want to see.
I thought it was a piss take too.
Next up: prepare to see the new grim 'n' grittified Dora the Explorer, starring Dora as a desperate, drug-smuggling border hopper and Swiper as a morally conflicted border patrol agent!
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

RedMountain wrote:Did you not see Tom Jane's actual Punisher film? Dirty Laundry was pretty much in the same theme as the film and he looked just like he did in that Punisher, its just been a few years since he was in that film.

the movie was much better, I really liked it, in the short, he was skinny and all the cgi blood that was the down side.

he wanted to do the sequel I read, but he thought the script was crap,,,unfortunately he was right.

I liked the power rangers ,,well the original actually but im just sayn the attempt was kind of cool

anyway,,