Mr. X new story page.

Where bad things happen to good girls.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hey, check out my new stories index page

http://www.dangerbabecentral.com/xpage/ ... /index.php

Tell me what you think. Obviously I'll be adding more tags. I will also be adding a search mode later.

Now each author is listed, no more misc page.
All stories get tags.
All new stories will appear on the front page and at the top of each author page.
All stories are now in alphabetical order.
It will be easier for me to update the stories page since its now data driven.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Holy crap, this is awesome!

I mean, I have two stories ready to send over, which should've netted me an individual page regardless, but that's all moot now. The overall construction of the new page seems a bit sloppy, but that's a minor quibble.

It's good to see you're still hard at work even over the holiday break!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well its php code now. Yeah I have to clean it up a bit.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

It looks nice and not having to scroll down to the bottom of an author's page for a new story will be nice.
cannonfodder
Henchman
Henchman

Love the new page and tag cloud.
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Its a bit ugly in look and setup. However it is a vast improvement i think, so much easier to go to the site, find a particular thing you are into and read about it. So good job.

Two things to point out though, the tags for supergirl, spider women, and powergirl appear twice in the list, same stories in each. And also some of the stories are labeled under a false tag, one example is the tag "aliens" and the story "blacknite13 - Corporate Whores" The story contains the word "alien" once in it, but it is not about aliens. The same could apply to more stories, but i didnt look into it.

Either way tho, your stories site go me into this fetish in the first place, you prob got alot of other people into this genre aswell. So oldstyle or newstyle site dosernt really matter to me, all that matters is the site stays online for everyones reading pleasure.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

digitalbleh wrote:Its a bit ugly in look and setup. However it is a vast improvement i think, so much easier to go to the site, find a particular thing you are into and read about it. So good job.

Two things to point out though, the tags for supergirl, spider women, and powergirl appear twice in the list, same stories in each. And also some of the stories are labeled under a false tag, one example is the tag "aliens" and the story "blacknite13 - Corporate Whores" The story contains the word "alien" once in it, but it is not about aliens. The same could apply to more stories, but i didnt look into it.

Either way tho, your stories site go me into this fetish in the first place, you prob got alot of other people into this genre aswell. So oldstyle or newstyle site dosernt really matter to me, all that matters is the site stays online for everyones reading pleasure.
Yeah tags need a lot of work. They are just brute force scanning the files so birthday comes up as birth. Gonna be fixing that.
But this system helps me to post and it helps all the people stuck on the misc page so they get a page. And it replaces dozens of html files with like 4 php files.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Wait, I've been wondering...

Does that mean we no longer need to send our stories to you in .html format? Can we still do that if we want, though?
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Also some Miss Americana stories are listed as Wonder Woman stories due to a comment in the story.
"Summary; I think I've been a fan of superheroine GOT-fic since I watched Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman as a little kid. " But WW isn't in the story.
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

It's a neat list.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Please send stories as you normally do. I still end up converting to html. As for the tags, I just brute force search for the key words. I have to do something more elaborate. For example "birth" comes up for anything with the word "birthday". So still a work in progress.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Looking forward to the miscellaneous tags.

It'll make finding stuff so much easier. Have you thought about adding a Lactate/Milking tag.

Other suggestions for tags, perhaps tags for villain(es)s.

Still have to get use to the order of things. In most cases it's a good thing to have things alphabetical, but in others not so good.

ie. Titanville was in chronological order, but is now scrambled in alphabetical order.

It makes reading it in order a little harder. Perhaps adding a double digit number as a prelude to the title in stories that have a chronological order to keep them in order might be a good thing, if it's not too much work.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Mr. X, if it's not too much trouble, can you please get rid of the alphabetical sorting? Call me old-fashioned, but I think there's something lost when the stories aren't arranged in order of publication.

Heck, if you want me to, I can re-sort them (for those who want it, anyways) by myself.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well on the ordering if the author names their story right they should drop into the correct categories. I could theoretically sort them by submission date but like Titanville and other authors bounce from story to story. This is one of the drawbacks of not have a custom page for each author. I'm not quite sure WHAT actual order they should be in. Also any new stories will be posted at the top of the pay when they come in.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Okay, that's all I needed to know. Thank goodness I only have one story on the site so far.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:Well on the ordering if the author names their story right they should drop into the correct categories. I could theoretically sort them by submission date but like Titanville and other authors bounce from story to story. This is one of the drawbacks of not have a custom page for each author. I'm not quite sure WHAT actual order they should be in. Also any new stories will be posted at the top of the pay when they come in.
Yea, i can see that for a lot of the authors.

The Modern Ronin is pretty chronological though, and Titanville lists the order of his story at the top of his latest stories.

I think alphabetical is great for some authors that dont do chapters,like Dark One, but for those that right chapter serials, alphabetical is a pain to sort out the order a little. That's just my two cents.

I'm appreciative of everything you do, and will continue coming even if things dont change, but i thought i should at least make the sentiment known, since i cant be the only person with it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well if they are doing chapters then the story title should just have the chapter in it and it should short together properly. They weren't exactly organized when I had a page for each author. Like Dark one, I just dumped the new files at the bottom if his page. So I'm not understanding how they don't end up in series order.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yeah, the individual 'parts' of the story are in order, but the actually order of the various stories are hopelessly shuffled now.

ie. If you check the most recent story he put out...

http://www.dangerbabecentral.com/xpage/ ... ode029.htm

There's a listed guide to the order of the Episodes. Putting the Episode Number at the start of the stories Title would put it all in order. As long as he has the guide available its a minor issue. Just got use to it being in order so having them scrambled about is a little disorienting.

As noted, if its a big deal dont worry about it, I'm sure you have a lot of other stuff to do, just didnt want to leave you wondering what i was talking about.

Orb was another author who's stories were chronlogical but is now scrambled from being alphabetizes. (couldnt tell you the exact order but i remember it was mentioned in some of this stories the order in which some of the stuff happened)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Kitten wrote:Yeah, the individual 'parts' of the story are in order, but the actually order of the various stories are hopelessly shuffled now.

ie. If you check the most recent story he put out...

http://www.dangerbabecentral.com/xpage/ ... ode029.htm

There's a listed guide to the order of the Episodes. Putting the Episode Number at the start of the stories Title would put it all in order. As long as he has the guide available its a minor issue. Just got use to it being in order so having them scrambled about is a little disorienting.

As noted, if its a big deal dont worry about it, I'm sure you have a lot of other stuff to do, just didnt want to leave you wondering what i was talking about.

Orb was another author who's stories were chronlogical but is now scrambled from being alphabetizes. (couldnt tell you the exact order but i remember it was mentioned in some of this stories the order in which some of the stuff happened)
well its either that or back to each author gets an html and that means I lose the ability to automate things like tags etc. The whole point is that people wanted a better way to find stories they liked. I'll think about what I can do.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:well its either that or back to each author gets an html and that means I lose the ability to automate things like tags etc. The whole point is that people wanted a better way to find stories they liked. I'll think about what I can do.
Cant you just edit the title slightly to solve the issue?

ie. The Mysterious Madame Perloine and the Proficient Professor Pricken Park 1 (and 2 and 3)

becomes...
Episode 001 (and 002 and 003) The Mysterious Madame Perloine and the Proficient Professor Pricken Park 1 (and 2 and 3)

If it is making it alphabetical, that should put the stories in order under the author wont it?
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Kitten wrote:
Mr. X wrote:well its either that or back to each author gets an html and that means I lose the ability to automate things like tags etc. The whole point is that people wanted a better way to find stories they liked. I'll think about what I can do.
Cant you just edit the title slightly to solve the issue?

ie. The Mysterious Madame Perloine and the Proficient Professor Pricken Park 1 (and 2 and 3)

becomes...
Episode 001 (and 002 and 003) The Mysterious Madame Perloine and the Proficient Professor Pricken Park 1 (and 2 and 3)

If it is making it alphabetical, that should put the stories in order under the author wont it?
That's more the job of the author. I'm not going to be changing titles on stories. Plus I would have to read 600 megs of stories to figure out what's what. Basically there are thousands of stories.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yeah. No worries. Authors just need to pay attention I guess with their naming convention. Nvm then.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Authors could type up a 'chronological order list of stories by [author name here].htm' that surfers who want to read their stories in order could refer to.

While they're at it, in same file, next to each title they could add a 1 to 2 sentence description of the story.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Its not like I put them in any order when I posted them anyway except either at the top or bottom of the page when they came in. Can't really order them by date cause the dates are messed up when the stories got moved.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Right, but my idea wasn't for you to change the order by date or anything, you can just keep everything as is. My thought was basically one additional file that the author would have to create: a readme.txt or readme.htm file that contains the order of the author's stories. I titled it poorly (chronological order list...etc.), but that's what I was getting at. Maybe something like 'About Titanville Stories.txt' or 'Titanville Stories Readme.htm.'
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv: