Sets

CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

We are ready to start building 8 unique sets - we have a few ideas for some already but would like to hear your ideas for permanent sets in our new studio. :)
EvilDaria
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

A really damp an dingy-looking cellar or dungeon. A state of the art operating theatre come torture chamber. A large clear space for energetic fighting sequences, where the exit is a looooong way to crawl after defeat [that will save on set building costs!]. A workshop with tools for weapons or torture or kinky pleasuring. Somewhere industrial - a warehouse perhaps with plenty of ambush potential. Evil villain's lair which could be an apartment or boardroom [or selectively dressed both].
So OK some are hardly practical on a limited budget, but part of the joy of these movies is seeing how you guys manage to convince us that these places do exist. :albert:
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I believe MH's studio already has a good dungeon set available in Logan's general area. MH has indicated that his studio is available to other producers for rent.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

viking wrote:I believe MH's studio already has a good dungeon set available in Logan's general area. MH has indicated that his studio is available to other producers for rent.
I would rather build the set to reuse at my discretion than rent out at another location-- I'm already paying a monthly rent where I am ;)
dbud
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Good old fashioned evil lair with all sorts of nefarious devices in the bacckground and plenty of room in the foreground for fights and abusing helpless heroines would be my first choice. Heroines beark in to capture villains but don't get out.

Also, the reverse, a heroine HQ set where they meet but then get ambushed.
maar13
Sargeant
Sargeant

1. Something like Lab, like a bat cave or something where the evil make their plans.
2. A kind of a dark Alley, pretty much like the one with they wall but a different color.
3. A dungeon.
4. Something that resembles a big house or a mansion, just one room but that gives you that feeling.

If you can, just to get ideas, why don't you look for screen captures of the game "Injustice: Gods Among us" form DC comics, is their Combat game and has a lot of scenarios that can be replicated with out being huge.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

maar13 wrote:1. Something like Lab, like a bat cave or something where the evil make their plans.
2. A kind of a dark Alley, pretty much like the one with they wall but a different color.
3. A dungeon.
4. Something that resembles a big house or a mansion, just one room but that gives you that feeling.

If you can, just to get ideas, why don't you look for screen captures of the game "Injustice: Gods Among us" form DC comics, is their Combat game and has a lot of scenarios that can be replicated with out being huge.
I love that game lol

Kristina and I are playing Gears of War right now... But Injustice is a favorite of mine. Matt Holbrook (Moxley) and I play quote a bit too ;)
maar13
Sargeant
Sargeant

Gears of war is awesome, I love the multiplayer thing, specially on GOW 3 with the fotifications stuff, pretty cool.
CDR
Neophyte
Neophyte

1. Villain's lair - with space - where heroines fall into traps or fight multiple villains
2. A Dungeon
3. Heroine HQ - home of the heroines
4. Neutral ground like a street or the desert or plant where the heroines & villains do battle
5. A throne room or conversion room where the villain forces the heroine to submit or convert her to his cause
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Foam insulation board, 2 inch makes great wall segments. Light, strong, easily painted and repainted, comes in 4x8 sheets. Easy to cut and shape or destroy.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:Foam insulation board, 2 inch makes great wall segments. Light, strong, easily painted and repainted, comes in 4x8 sheets. Easy to cut and shape or destroy.
My actors slam into the walls a lot lol ;)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Logan wrote:
Mr. X wrote:Foam insulation board, 2 inch makes great wall segments. Light, strong, easily painted and repainted, comes in 4x8 sheets. Easy to cut and shape or destroy.
Don't matter. I have slammed into them and bounced off. Of course they require a wall backing. But they are great for quickly changing a wall or partitions. And score them on one side and you can bust through them.

Of course you're not going to make the whole set out of them but if you need some quick walls and want to cover solid walls with something new they work great.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

I think your company is on the path to being our answer to Giga videos. The sheer volume of quality work youre putting out is impressive.

That being the case you should consider studying your competitor to seeing what they use for sets. A lot of the times, they have pretty mundane settings to use.

The Rooftop for spacious fight scenes.

The Office to discuss plot of some heriones

A simple apartment for when they're not in heroine id and for secret ID peril.

These are examples of good settigns that dont require sets to be built.

If youre going to actually invest money in making sets...

The gloomy cyber trash dungeon gets a LOT of use for heroines infiltrating/assaulting bad guys bases.

The Superheroine HQ to set up plot, or to have bad guys sneak in and take out heroines in their backyards has been used.

Are the two most used settings for Giga.

If you have a really good special effect guys, a Green Screen area, to set up special effects like heroines flying or in exotic locations like space could be really useful.

Any ways, that's whats on my list of suggestions.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
Logan wrote:
Don't matter. I have slammed into them and bounced off. Of course they require a wall backing. But they are great for quickly changing a wall or partitions. And score them on one side and you can bust through them.

Of course you're not going to make the whole set out of them but if you need some quick walls and want to cover solid walls with something new they work great.
Ahh nice, I originally misunderstood what you meant :)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Kitten wrote:I think your company is on the path to being our answer to Giga videos. The sheer volume of quality work youre putting out is impressive.
I very much appreciate this compliment-- thank you very much :)
niko999
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Trying to think of places villains might be found - some more practical than others.

1. Villain's lair
2. Office
3. Bank Vault
4. Jail
5. Rooftop is a good one
6. Industrial - like steam pipes
7. Airplane
8. Warehouse
9. Heroine's apartment
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

niko999 wrote:Trying to think of places villains might be found - some more practical than othes

You forgot about the House of Representatives ! ;) :) :yes: :lol:
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
niko999
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

tallyho wrote:
niko999 wrote:Trying to think of places villains might be found - some more practical than othes

You forgot about the House of Representatives ! ;) :) :yes: :lol:
yes, make that #10 :)