What little details make a SIP scene great?

General discussions about superheroines!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

So our genre is filled with all sorts of SIP (Superheroine in Peril) scenes. And in my opinion, a lot of them are pretty mediocre.

So I'm interested in hearing what you think makes a scene great?

One of my all-time favorites is Christina Carter as Wonder Woman in a scene she did many years ago on Kink.com. She starts off hanging limply, standing spread-eagle, unconscious. She slowly comes awake and gets to her feet and then the villain comes in and the first thing he does it tightens up each of the four ropes that are holding her, one at a time. All she can do is watch while he takes up all the slack.

The rest of the scene is good, but just that tightening up of the restraints really sticks in my mind as something great. I love the idea of a heroine who is already helpless and completely at the mercy of the villain, and then the villain makes things even worse. He doesn't have to. He's already got her. But he makes it worse, just because he can. She is already powerless and he takes away even more of her power.

The same could apply to blindfolds, gags, or any bondage that is added on during the scene.

Anyone else got any favorite details they like to see?
xxxwarriorxxx
Overlord
Overlord

I like when the Superheroine doesn't notice the chloroformed lurking behind them and they surprise her with her eyes wide open, and place their arm under their bewbs and kind of push them up and the heroine cant move. She struggles and then its over. An ots, after and Im pretty much happy. Paragon does nice work with the arm under the heroine. Not a huge fan of groping but still that's what I like.
drh1966
Sargeant
Sargeant

TIEnTEEZ wrote:One of my all-time favorites is Christina Carter as Wonder Woman in a scene she did many years ago on Kink.com. She starts off hanging limply, standing spread-eagle, unconscious. She slowly comes awake and gets to her feet and then the villain comes in and the first thing he does it tightens up each of the four ropes that are holding her, one at a time. All she can do is watch while he takes up all the slack.
I've got that one. I prefer the beginning of the vid myself where she enters the warehouse and is chloro'd. The villain takes his time weakening and humiliating her before putting her to sleep for good. After that it's just an S&M sequence which does nothing for me.
"There's no feeling quite as exciting as that of having a helpless superheroine in your arms"
korda
Henchman
Henchman

drh1966 wrote:The villain takes his time weakening and humiliating her before putting her to sleep for good. After that it's just an S&M sequence which does nothing for me.
I agree. I like bondage but I have a serious problem with sequences that resemble the traditional S&M sessions. If you do a movie with Supergirl or any other superheroine, trap them with electrified chains, beat SG with brass knuckles made of kryptonite, use a electrified whip... There are endless possibilities better then putting the heroine struggling with a ball gag in her mouth for ten minutes. You have to keep the heroine in a state of desperation to try to get rid of the clutches of the villain or the trap in which she finds herself trapped. The scenes of peril must have a narrative.
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

korda wrote:
drh1966 wrote:The villain takes his time weakening and humiliating her before putting her to sleep for good. After that it's just an S&M sequence which does nothing for me.
I agree. I like bondage but I have a serious problem with sequences that resemble the traditional S&M sessions. If you do a movie with Supergirl or any other superheroine, trap them with electrified chains, beat SG with brass knuckles made of kryptonite, use a electrified whip... There are endless possibilities better then putting the heroine struggling with a ball gag in her mouth for ten minutes. You have to keep the heroine in a state of desperation to try to get rid of the clutches of the villain or the trap in which she finds herself trapped. The scenes of peril must have a narrative.

Well said!!!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

drh1966 wrote:
TIEnTEEZ wrote:One of my all-time favorites is Christina Carter as Wonder Woman in a scene she did many years ago on Kink.com. She starts off hanging limply, standing spread-eagle, unconscious. She slowly comes awake and gets to her feet and then the villain comes in and the first thing he does it tightens up each of the four ropes that are holding her, one at a time. All she can do is watch while he takes up all the slack.
I've got that one. I prefer the beginning of the vid myself where she enters the warehouse and is chloro'd. The villain takes his time weakening and humiliating her before putting her to sleep for good. After that it's just an S&M sequence which does nothing for me.
It's funny. The second scene (the one I described) is my favorite. The first part does very little for me, but I can see the appeal. The rest of the video doesn't do much for me at all, because once she's out of costume, then it's REALLY just S&M. :)
drh1966
Sargeant
Sargeant

TIEnTEEZ wrote:It's funny. The second scene (the one I described) is my favorite. The first part does very little for me, but I can see the appeal. The rest of the video doesn't do much for me at all, because once she's out of costume, then it's REALLY just S&M. :)
Well I am a chloro enthusiast and that scene is pretty great, they did a good job with it. I do like the scene you described too but ya, once the costume comes off, game over man, game over.
"There's no feeling quite as exciting as that of having a helpless superheroine in your arms"
Slone
Henchman
Henchman

What makes a scene great?

For me, the most under-appreciated aspect of a good SIP scene is the relationship and rivalry between the heroine and villain. I feel like a lot of videos have a checklist of different details they want to include, but not enough attention is paid to building the chemistry between the heroine and villain. If a heroine is just overpowered and defeated by an unstoppable, unfeeling villain they are unfamiliar with that isn't much different from seeing the heroine get hit by a car. The dynamic between the two characters is what makes you care, it's what makes the entire struggle engage your emotions.

In order to create the most dramatic, interesting, and memorable scenes, there needs to be a rivalry born out of familiarity and some real tension between the heroine and villain. The heroine should despise the villain and the crimes they've committed and want nothing more than to bring the villain down, while the villain should feel great pride and personal satisfaction at defeating that cocky, overconfident and annoying superheroine. This conflict should be built up to the point where nothing is more important than winning and nothing could be worse than suffering a defeat from that archenemy. At the heart of most stories is a conflict driven by two characters- the heroine and villain, and the details like chloroform, low blows, and everything else are just ways to add color to this conflict.
drh1966
Sargeant
Sargeant

Slone wrote:What makes a scene great?

For me, the most under-appreciated aspect of a good SIP scene is the relationship and rivalry between the heroine and villain. I feel like a lot of videos have a checklist of different details they want to include, but not enough attention is paid to building the chemistry between the heroine and villain. If a heroine is just overpowered and defeated by an unstoppable, unfeeling villain they are unfamiliar with that isn't much different from seeing the heroine get hit by a car. The dynamic between the two characters is what makes you care, it's what makes the entire struggle engage your emotions........At the heart of most stories is a conflict driven by two characters- the heroine and villain, and the details like chloroform, low blows, and everything else are just ways to add color to this conflict.
I guess if that's what you are interested in. For me, I don't require, nor do I care, for a television style episode which builds a story. I'm in it for the captures.

Which brings up a good question: how many people actually watch the whole video after they've purchased and done an initial viewing? And how many just skip to the good parts? You know, the stuff you actually bought it for? I'll give the whole video a quick viewing once it's downloaded, but after that, I just skip to the scene(s) I bought it for.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

drh1966 wrote:
Slone wrote:What makes a scene great?

For me, the most under-appreciated aspect of a good SIP scene is the relationship and rivalry between the heroine and villain. I feel like a lot of videos have a checklist of different details they want to include, but not enough attention is paid to building the chemistry between the heroine and villain. If a heroine is just overpowered and defeated by an unstoppable, unfeeling villain they are unfamiliar with that isn't much different from seeing the heroine get hit by a car. The dynamic between the two characters is what makes you care, it's what makes the entire struggle engage your emotions........At the heart of most stories is a conflict driven by two characters- the heroine and villain, and the details like chloroform, low blows, and everything else are just ways to add color to this conflict.
I guess if that's what you are interested in. For me, I don't require, nor do I care, for a television style episode which builds a story. I'm in it for the captures.

Which brings up a good question: how many people actually watch the whole video after they've purchased and done an initial viewing? And how many just skip to the good parts? You know, the stuff you actually bought it for? I'll give the whole video a quick viewing once it's downloaded, but after that, I just skip to the scene(s) I bought it for.
I can go either way on this one. If it's done well, a good story can go a long way toward improving a video. But unfortunately, most videos that have any kind of story at all really aren't very good. One really great one is Broken Heroines over on Kink.com. There isn't a lot of dialog, but there a huge action sequence building up to the capture/peril scenes and it has some real complexity and tension to it. It really adds to the tension of the whole video for me.
EvilDaria
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

For me the best moment (other than abuse) is when the superheroine realises she is beaten. Some actresses recently have been really good at selling this moment. Freeze-framed it is an excellent image. Just imagine, after everything she has gone through, training, fighting and winning through...it comes to this moment, this filthy back-alley, lonely yard, deserted factory: "Oh God no!!!"
HeroineTard
Sargeant
Sargeant

Dirt, sweat and other stains on the heroine's costume.
It really brings out the sense of defeat and humiliation after the heroine has been beaten to a pulp.

The heroine's sense of identity and pride is typically centred around the shiny pristine outfits they flash around. In TV shows like WW and EW&DG they never showed the heroine in a dirty or tattered costume. It's just one of those taboos that rarely gets played with, yet one I love to see.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I agree if you have a high powered superheroines aka Wonder woman you can't just have the villians grab her strip her belt without any resistance.

Obviously a number of traps are possible, or sleep gas but just don't give it 10 seconds and straight to her ball gagged and helpless.