Vampirella?

General discussions about superheroines!
blurb9
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

For such a long-term popular character, Vampirella seems under-represented? Does anyone know of any videos of the character outside of what a clips4sale search finds? Thanks.
harriertalon
Henchman
Henchman

blurb9 wrote:For such a long-term popular character, Vampirella seems under-represented? Does anyone know of any videos of the character outside of what a clips4sale search finds? Thanks.
Nothing video oriented, but Dynamite has put together archived compilations of her old magazine and comic runs and some of those have absolutely gorgeous artwork and the occasional situation or three where Vampi finds herself chained up, hypnotized, surrounded by enemies, etc...they're quite expensive but I've found two so far and they've been worth it if you're into that kind of thing.

I'm only a recent Vampirella convert...never realized there was an actual story going on (and a good one!) with all the cheesecakey vampire goodness. :)
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ugh. I am so sick to death of Vampires. Ever since Twilight, the sci-fi/fantasy market is flooded with them. They are everywhere.
harriertalon
Henchman
Henchman

TIEnTEEZ wrote:Ugh. I am so sick to death of Vampires. Ever since Twilight, the sci-fi/fantasy market is flooded with them. They are everywhere.
That and zombies. Sick of those, too. Where's the werewolf love? :)

Vampirella is fun in that she's sick to death of vampires as well...she hunts them down and kills them...so for that, you might actually enjoy her stories. Well, that and she's a busty, leggy brunette wearing a tissue who usually finds herself tied up, tied down, chained to a wall, put under hypnosis, tortured, etc...something for nearly every fetish out there. ;)
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

It's amazing how much peril Vampi finds herself in, and there are some good shots on the sleepycomics website. One where she gets chained up and dragged down the street by a motorcycle gang if I remember correctly. She gets shot, chloroformed, etc. all the time in her adventures and of course the more cheesecake bondage and peril in her older stories.