Mini-Customs

General discussions about superheroines!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Hey everyone! For a very limited time, we will be offering up mini-customs! Here's how they work:

$500 gets you a 5-minute film utilizing the elements you want. If the film is longer, it will be because I have added something that does not pertain to what you have requested. The 5 minutes that you choose are completely from you. This is for HEROINE LEGENDS only at this time.

• Each scene can have 2 actors only. Male or female. Subject to actor/actress availability and willingness.

• You may double up and purchase 2 back-to-back to create a 10-minute scene.

• You must use existing costumes unless you decide to buy the new costume.

• Locations are of our choice (this is a cost-negotiation reason)

• The scenes must not be overly complex and require props that we do not have access to.

• These will be sold separately after you receive your final copy and will not pertain to any storyline.

• Stated before, but this is up to actor/actress availability and willingness.

If you have any questions, please let me know-- direct all inquiries and custom requests to [email protected] - thank you!!
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Unfortunatly I give new meaning to the phrase "starving artist" so it will have to wait until next tax time.Then.....watch out! :)

Richard
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Am I reading this correctly?
Is that a typo?
$500 for 5 minutes?

$100 / minute?

That doesn't sound like much of a deal to me. That sounds insanely expensive. I could go to Clips4sale and buy FIFTY ten-minute videos for the same price.

I mean... seriously, it would be cheaper to hire prostitutes to act out my fantasies in my living room. :)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:Am I reading this correctly?
Is that a typo?
$500 for 5 minutes?

$100 / minute?

That doesn't sound like much of a deal to me. That sounds insanely expensive. I could go to Clips4sale and buy FIFTY ten-minute videos for the same price.

I mean... seriously, it would be cheaper to hire prostitutes to act out my fantasies in my living room. :)
Yup, you read it right. $500 for a day of filming doesn't even pay for the actors… or even half of the editor. I would still need to pay location, crew, editor, food, transport, etc… I knew I'd get some lash back on it, but our custom prices aren't cheap because it costs us a lot to produce these films. No debate-starting here, but that's just the way it is for us. Anyway, since our customs cost a few thousand easy, $500 is a deal-and-a-half and we are counting on the sales to make up for the sale.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

• You may double up and purchase 2 back-to-back to create a 10-minute scene.

Or you can go to http://www.hypnoticsworld.com/customs and get a ten minute custom from the person who owns this forum board for $250. That would be one-quarter of the price, and $250 is about what you should be paying for a ten-minute custom. MH is also located in Los Angeles, and ALSO has professional L.A. actors and actresses available, a studio set, and the same costs for everything... just without the 400% markup.

$1000 for a two-girl custom lasting ten minutes is greedy beyond explanation. That mark-up is insane. It's literally insane.

I would still need to pay location, crew, editor, food, transport

With a disclaimer stating that shooting locations are solely your choice, and considering the fact that it would be a 5-minute custom... I'm trying to figure out why you would need things like food on-site for five minute jobs with models? Oh, that's right, you don't. You're going to get a catering service for a 5-minute custom and pass that cost on to the customer? Somehow I doubt that. I'm also trying to figure out the logistics of renting a whole set for something as measly as a 5-minute custom... or why you're 'paying an editor' when you should be able to edit the video yourself. Don't even get me started on nebulous costs like 'transportation.'

Price gouging. That's what we're looking at right now.

Price gouging.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yeah, really. I don't want to start a debate here, either, and it's a free country and you can charge whatever you want, but that's just nuts.

Anyone who pays $500 for 5 minutes should have their head examined.

Shop around. There are plenty of other studios out there who will make custom videos for a lot less per minute price. I have several videos in the works right now and none of them are anywhere near that price.
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

I think producers can charge whatever they want, I'm never debating that. I just think though when the pricing structure becomes as brazen as that, social commentary is almost unavoidable.

Well, the good news is that if the pricing structure of Heroine Legends isn't to your liking, you can go to the fine, fine people over at Defeated Heroines and get a comparison quote from......

Oh wait. Nevermind.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

I'm not in competition with the other producers. And you're itemzation is completely wrong. The fact is, a 5-minute film still costs the day rate for location (which I would choose the cheaper locations for- hence the disclaimer), day rate for actors and crew, and food on set is a necessity. It's anyone's decision to purchase any custom from any producer. Almost 75% of the films we produce are customs, whether full or partial, so regardless of what anyone says, there are definitely those who see the value in our product. And you may certainly go to the owner of this board and order a custom... as a matter of fact, I would recommend it ;)
Shakeshift
Producer
Producer

I can't argue with that. :)
ledonatello
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

$500 for 5 minutes - along with all those limits and restrictions? You're still going to recoup just fine when you sell it. This is a cash grab if I've ever seen one.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

ledonatello wrote:$500 for 5 minutes - along with all those limits and restrictions? You're still going to recoup just fine when you sell it. This is a cash grab if I've ever seen one.
Of course there are restrictions. I use mainstream actresses. They have to approve the custom and they are paid extra for each custom order. The $500 is gone with the 1st actress. Cash grab? Hardly.
ledonatello
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:
Of course there are restrictions. I use mainstream actresses. They have to approve the custom. $500 doesn't pay for any single item that goes into making these films by the way. I love how everyone thinks they know what we spend on these films. If you actually knew the costs, you wouldn't say any of this. But I digress.
If by mainstream, you mean professional, hardworking actresses, then yes. Many producers use "mainstream" actresses these days...

Of course they'd need to approve the custom, but a restriction such as the costume, or number of cast members - without a shred of willingness to compromise or make something work for the customer is what bothers me.

Also, how do you know that you won't add in something beyond the five minutes that would otherwise disappoint the initial customer? Certain elements appeal to one person, but the elements that you yourself put in might ruin it.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

ledonatello wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote:
Of course there are restrictions. I use mainstream actresses. They have to approve the custom. $500 doesn't pay for any single item that goes into making these films by the way. I love how everyone thinks they know what we spend on these films. If you actually knew the costs, you wouldn't say any of this. But I digress.
If by mainstream, you mean professional, hardworking actresses, then yes. Many producers use "mainstream" actresses these days...

Of course they'd need to approve the custom, but a restriction such as the costume, or number of cast members - without a shred of willingness to compromise or make something work for the customer is what bothers me.

Also, how do you know that you won't add in something beyond the five minutes that would otherwise disappoint the initial customer? Certain elements appeal to one person, but the elements that you yourself put in might ruin it.
For $500, I cannot afford more than 2 actors. Costumes cost us about $400-$500 for custom-made costumes - it would be completely pointless to accept a custom order and use the entire budget on a new costume. I would then be fronting the entire production for something that may not sell. As you said, everyone has different tastes. We've had customs that only apply to certain groups. I work with every custom-buyer regarding content. Nowhere did I say I wouldn't work with them. I wouldn't have around 75% of my films be customs if I wasn't working with my fans. And none of this has to bother you-- it has nothing to do with you. Just don't order a custom… but we already know you won't ;)
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Shakeshift wrote: Price gouging. That's what we're looking at right now.
Ok, let's assume it's that. But even if so, why do you even care, is it your money ? You wanted to do a customs from them but it's too pricey for your pockets ? Oh wait ... you are a producer (AND a competitor), right :smart:

If he won't get any customs order, he'll discover the fail by himself and be forced to charge less - or just delete the "offer" as a whole.

IMHO, he's free to charge whatever he wants, even 5000$ for 5 minutes.... it's not your or my duty to come here and shout or bash him for his rates, it will be the customers with their orders. If there won't be enough of them, what better "bashing" is there but that ? :)

I would love to say something more but people could start to be anal (and it's basicly about personal opinion/tastes, I guess), so I'll just stop here :D
Last edited by helstar 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote:Yeah, really. I don't want to start a debate here, either, and it's a free country and you can charge whatever you want, but that's just nuts.

Shop around. There are plenty of other studios out there who will make custom videos for a lot less per minute price. I have several videos in the works right now and none of them are anywhere near that price.
Dammit,now I need my head examined!Add that to the list of things to do :)
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

Shakeshift wrote:I think producers can charge whatever they want, I'm never debating that. I just think though when the pricing structure becomes as brazen as that, social commentary is almost unavoidable.

Well, the good news is that if the pricing structure of Heroine Legends isn't to your liking, you can go to the fine, fine people over at Defeated Heroines and get a comparison quote from......

Oh wait. Nevermind.
Social commentary?!?!? :lol: As far as the second part of this goes... WTF does this have to do with anything? :confused:
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

TIEnTEEZ wrote:Yeah, really. I don't want to start a debate here, either, and it's a free country and you can charge whatever you want, but that's just nuts.

To me it's crazy to pay $2500 for a TV. Yet people do it all the time, and most of them are no doubt perfectly happy with their purchase. So while it might be crazy for ME to buy a TV like that...it's perfectly sensible and rational for them.

This is no different. If somebody wants to pay $500 for a 5 minute custom from HL, it's because to THEM...it's worth it. It's unfair to judge other people just because they'd do something that you wouldn't do.
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

helstar wrote:
Shakeshift wrote: Price gouging. That's what we're looking at right now.
Ok, let's assume it's that. But even if so, why do you even care, is it your money ? You wanted to do a customs from them but it's too pricey for your pockets ? Oh wait ... you are a producer (AND a competitor), right :smart:

If he won't get any customs order, he'll discover the fail by himself and be forced to charge less - or just delete the "offer" as a whole.

IMHO, he's free to charge whatever he wants, even 5000$ for 5 minutes.... it's not your or my duty to come here and shout or bash him for his rates, it will be the customers with their orders. If there won't be enough of them, what better "bashing" is there but that ? :)

I would love to say something more but people could start to be anal (and it's basicly about personal opinion/tastes, I guess), so I'll just stop here :D
Shakeshift does just fine...so I don't think it has much to do with the "competition" angle. Seems more personal and/or paternalistic to me.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote:
ledonatello wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote:

For $500, I cannot afford more than 2 actors. Costumes cost us about $400-$500 for custom-made costumes - it would be completely pointless to accept a custom order and use the entire budget on a new costume. I would then be fronting the entire production for something that may not sell. As you said, everyone has different tastes. We've had customs that only apply to certain groups. I work with every custom-buyer regarding content. Nowhere did I say I wouldn't work with them. I wouldn't have around 75% of my films be customs if I wasn't working with my fans. And none of this has to bother you-- it has nothing to do with you. Just don't order a custom… but we already know you won't ;)
Just to be clear, I don't think anyone suggested that you should include 2 original costumes for free. I can totally understand that costumes cost money and some of that cost should be passed on to the customer. But note the word "some". At the end of the shoot, you are going to keep the costume and I would think in the vast majority of case, you will get some use out of it beyond just one shoot - even if you only use some parts of it. So passing on 100% of the cost of the costume to the buyer seems a bit steep.

For $500 with these restrictions, I would expect at least a 15 minute video. That would not be unreasonable, IMO.

You have to pay for a daily rate for location, food, transportation, models, etc? Okay. I'll buy that. The first 5 minutes of the video might cost you enough to justify charging $500, but the second 5 minutes costs you almost nothing (relatively speaking). So charging an extra $500 for 10 minute video really doesn't make sense.

Anyway, you can all go ahead and do what you want, it's your money. But I don't want anyone who might be new to this board thinking that this is typical pricing or some great discounted deal they are getting, because it's not by any stretch of the imagination.
ledonatello
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Just to be clear: I do think HL make their films with a high production value, and think $500 for five minutes is probably quite realistic for that quality. Some of their films have been very enjoyable, so kudos.

I just find it disheartening when customers are given a checklist of what they cannot do or have in a video they are paying for. I understand the logistical and budgetary constraints Logan mentioned, but a custom should not be offered as a cookie-cutter package dictated by the dollar amount and hard time limit.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

What about offering a cheaper custom by having the actresses on hand for an upcoming shoot take an extra few minutes (or hour) to film a 5 minute custom using the outfits they already have on for your shoot? That way, all the costs of transportation, food, lodging, set, etc. are already going to be incurred because of the main video you're shooting. I would suppose this would be the situation, but just suggesting it explicitly.
If you know ahead of time what you're shooting model-wise and costume-wise, you could just post that you're offering a custom for the model and costume on a particular weekend and that the custom order needs to be in by a certain date in order to have it made. Seems like all it would take would be a few extra scenes, seeing as how the custom is only 5 minutes in length.
Just trying to help. Love HL's work and would definitely be intrigued by custom options.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Richpartist wrote:

Really? You've ordered a 5-minute custom video?
Personally, I like my videos a lot longer, but that's just a matter of preference, I guess.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Richpartist wrote:

Well, I hope you get excellent value for your $500. Make sure you stipulate the following for your five minutes:
No pointless trailer of what's in the video.
No or minimal titles.
No slow motion. (Unless you really want it.)
No warm-up exercises. (Unless you really want it.)
If that stuff gets added FOC on top of the five minutes, then fair enough. Just make sure you're not paying for any padding whatsoever.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

Heroine Addict wrote:
Richpartist wrote:

Well, I hope you get excellent value for your $500. Make sure you stipulate the following for your five minutes:
No or minimal titles.
If that stuff gets added FOC on top of the five minutes, then fair enough. Just make sure you're not paying for any padding whatsoever.
I'm pretty sure that NONE of these things EVER showed up in the part of a HL custom that anybody ordered, unless it was requested. HL has produced over 80 vids and TWO had "warm-up exercise" in them, and those were requested by fans. Fans are people who really like something, rather than people who snipe on internet forums at people or things they don't like.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I can't really afford a custom from anyone right now,so no I didn't order a $500+ custom.Probably next tax time,I will order from someone and I really like HL's movies.For me as long as the custom has chloro scenes,ots carries,and MAYBE a forced orgasm,its worth the money.The actresses have to be these though:
Hannah perez,Lexi Belle,Tiffany Chase,the orginal actress who played Skyfire,Heather West,and Cali Logan
That would make the best video for me and like I said,well worth the money :)

Richard
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

kingles wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote:
Richpartist wrote:

No or minimal titles.
I'm pretty sure that NONE of these things EVER showed up in the part of a HL custom that anybody ordered, unless it was requested. HL has produced over 80 vids and TWO had "warm-up exercise" in them, and those were requested by fans. Fans are people who really like something, rather than people who snipe on internet forums at people or things they don't like.
That's some fascinating inside info. Sounds like the words of someone who works there at an upper level (sans the last sentence).

---

Re the $500 for 5 minutes: I don't see the problem with this offer. One can always make a counter offer, or try another producer (as I see has been recommended by at least 2 posters).
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

theScribbler wrote:
kingles wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote:
Richpartist wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote:Shop around. There are plenty of other studios out there who will make custom videos for a lot less per minute price. I have several videos in the works right now and none of them are anywhere near that price.
No or minimal titles.
That's some fascinating inside info. Sounds like the words of someone who works there at an upper level (sans the last sentence).

---

Re the $500 for 5 minutes: I don't see the problem with this offer. One can always make a counter offer, or try another producer (as I see has been recommended by at least 2 posters).
I'm not certain how the phrase, "pretty sure" equates to "inside info". There are numerous people particularly who frequent the Heroinemovies forum who have purchased customs from HL...in some cases multiple customs. I've never seen anybody who purchased a HL custom complain about any of the things Heroine Addict mentioned. So it's not "inside info". It's the application of logic to the information I've acquired through observation. Certainly it's theoretically possible that someone had one of these issues without complaining publicly...hence the "pretty sure".

If you're referencing the "warm-up exercise" thing...I own the videos. No insider info required. That those 2 vids had a "warm-up exercise" scene in them was made clear when they were released. I own the majority of HL vids, and none of the ones I don't own have an element like this listed, so I'm confident that there are in fact only 2 with that content.

My point is to say that the complaints Heroine Addict brought up were the complaints of somebody who's not a fan of HL. Somebody who probably wouldn't buy a HL custom even if it only cost $100 for an hour long vid. So why bring these things up to someone who's a big enough fan of HL that they'd pay $500 for a 5 minute custom? Seems like somebody just being a hater to me...

I agree with the second part of your reply. The price offered is 'fair' as such. I personally don't plan on paying it, because I'm not really a 'custom' guy. I'm a fan of HL, but I don't really want to know EVERYTHING that's going to happen in a video. For somebody who does though, I can understand the appeal...
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

kingles wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
kingles wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote: Well, I hope you get excellent value for your $500. Make sure you stipulate the following for your five minutes:
No or minimal titles.

---

I'm not certain how the phrase, "pretty sure" equates to "inside info". There are numerous people particularly who frequent the Heroinemovies forum who have purchased customs from HL...in some cases multiple customs. I've never seen anybody who purchased a HL custom complain about any of the things Heroine Addict mentioned. So it's not "inside info". It's the application of logic to the information I've acquired through observation. Certainly it's theoretically possible that someone had one of these issues without complaining publicly...hence the "pretty sure".

If you're referencing the "warm-up exercise" thing...I own the videos. No insider info required. That those 2 vids had a "warm-up exercise" scene in them was made clear when they were released. I own the majority of HL vids, and none of the ones I don't own have an element like this listed, so I'm confident that there are in fact only 2 with that content.

My point is to say that the complaints Heroine Addict brought up were the complaints of somebody who's not a fan of HL. Somebody who probably wouldn't buy a HL custom even if it only cost $100 for an hour long vid. So why bring these things up to someone who's a big enough fan of HL that they'd pay $500 for a 5 minute custom? Seems like somebody just being a hater to me...

I agree with the second part of your reply. The price offered is 'fair' as such. I personally don't plan on paying it, because I'm not really a 'custom' guy. I'm a fan of HL, but I don't really want to know EVERYTHING that's going to happen in a video. For somebody who does though, I can understand the appeal...
Well, darn! And here I was expecting you to come out as being Kristina Hess! :cap:

The 'pretty sure' defense doesn't really fly. Not when it's followed up by NONE of these things EVER showed up in the part of a HL custom that anybody ordered, unless it was requested. HL has produced over 80 vids and TWO had "warm-up exercise" in them, and those were requested by fans. It really did sound to me like you knew what you were talking about, not doing observational guessing. But, you know, I seem to be wrong. So let's chalk it up to you having incredibly insightful observational skills and I've been served.

Although, besides the 51 or so movies on HL site, what are the other 30 or so that make up HL's 80 plus vids? And are you sure there isn't a third or fourth movie that has exercising? :bananadance: Actually, a more interesting to me question is which have bondage and/or whipping in them? :whip:

Anyway, I think you're giving Heroine Addict a bum rap. His list is not terribly hateful. And while I can't speak for HL customs, I have seen a number of people post they prefer to not have a trailer at the start of a video presenting what's about to be in the video.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

theScribbler wrote:
kingles wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
kingles wrote:
Heroine Addict wrote: Well, I hope you get excellent value for your $500. Make sure you stipulate the following for your five minutes:
No or minimal titles.
I'm pretty sure that NONE of these things EVER
showed up in the part of a HL custom that anybody ordered, unless it was requested. HL has produced over 80 vids and TWO had "warm-up exercise" in them, and those were requested by fans. Fans are people who really like something, rather than people who snipe on internet forums at people or things they don't like.

---

Well, darn! And here I was expecting you to come out as being Kristina Hess! :cap:

The 'pretty sure' defense doesn't really fly. Not when it's followed up by NONE of these things EVER showed up in the part of a HL custom that anybody ordered, unless it was requested. HL has produced over 80 vids and TWO had "warm-up exercise" in them, and those were requested by fans. It really did sound to me like you knew what you were talking about, not doing observational guessing. But, you know, I seem to be wrong. So let's chalk it up to you having incredibly insightful observational skills and I've been served.

Although, besides the 51 or so movies on HL site, what are the other 30 or so that make up HL's 80 plus vids? And are you sure there isn't a third or fourth movie that has exercising? :bananadance: Actually, a more interesting to me question is which have bondage and/or whipping in them? :whip:

Anyway, I think you're giving Heroine Addict a bum rap. His list is not terribly hateful. And while I can't speak for HL customs, I have seen a number of people post they prefer to not have a trailer at the start of a video presenting what's about to be in the video.
I wanted to stay of the boards for a week but I visited to see what was going on and I have to just say something. I have great, loyal fans. The people who talk negatively about me or my productions are typically other producers. I don't understand it at all but it is what it is. Kingles has put up a valid explanation and you reply with this? He is absolutely correct. There are 2 and only 2 films with stretching inthem. His count of films is correct. We have around 60 currently on our site. We discontinued 9 torture chamber films which are no longer offered and 6 original heroine academy films no longer offered. Other films like power hungry and ground zero which used to be separate films are now condensed into one film. So the number 80 is pretty accurate. Kristina Hess has nothing to do with this conversation. And the customs are devoid of extraneous material as current purchasers already know. In addition, the last few videos have not featured a trailer at the intro, which incidentally, has nothing to do with this conversation. My customs are for 5 minutes of peril and the purpose is to make sure buyers get what they want. I love my fans and appreciate their input as well as try my best to cater to their interests. Please direct these comments to me and not to the rest of the community who enjoy our films. Thank you.
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

theScribbler wrote:
kingles wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
kingles wrote:
No or minimal titles.

---

Hmmm... Well first of all it appears that I wasn't the only one guilty of "observational guessing". I'm not sure how "incredibly insightful" my observational skills are, but on this one day at least, my guess was WAY closer than yours. :smart: Also, "pretty sure" isn't a defense...it's a phrase used in the English language to qualify the words following it. :laugh:

Regarding what I said about Heroine Addict...He DID choose to speak for HL customs, and implied that somebody ordering one needs to look out for Logan trying to rip them off. There's no evidence to support this viewpoint, so therefore it must be motivated by something else. If you'd prefer, I can refer to that something else as personal animosity rather than hate. I'm not judging him, only the motivation for and veracity of the 'advice' he gave to Richpartist in this thread. As far as I know, outside of this thread Heroine Addict is both a gentleman and a scholar.

Looks like Logan addressed the rest of this so I'm going to bow out now, because this has gotten to be pretty far off topic.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
kingles wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
kingles wrote:
I'm pretty sure that NONE of these things EVER
showed up in the part of a HL custom that anybody ordered, unless it was requested. HL has produced over 80 vids and TWO had "warm-up exercise" in them, and those were requested by fans. Fans are people who really like something, rather than people who snipe on internet forums at people or things they don't like.

---

I wanted to stay of the boards for a week but I visited to see what was going on and I have to just say something. I have great, loyal fans. The people who talk negatively about me or my productions are typically other producers. I don't understand it at all but it is what it is. Kingles has put up a valid explanation and you reply with this? He is absolutely correct. There are 2 and only 2 films with stretching inthem. His count of films is correct. We have around 60 currently on our site. We discontinued 9 torture chamber films which are no longer offered and 6 original heroine academy films no longer offered. Other films like power hungry and ground zero which used to be separate films are now condensed into one film. So the number 80 is pretty accurate. Kristina Hess has nothing to do with this conversation. And the customs are devoid of extraneous material as current purchasers already know. In addition, the last few videos have not featured a trailer at the intro, which incidentally, has nothing to do with this conversation. My customs are for 5 minutes of peril and the purpose is to make sure buyers get what they want. I love my fans and appreciate their input as well as try my best to cater to their interests. Please direct these comments to me and not to the rest of the community who enjoy our films. Thank you.
I have great, loyal fans.
Great. I'm pretty sure just about all producers can say the same.
The people who talk negatively about me or my productions are typically other producers. I don't understand it at all but it is what it is.
I'm prettty sure I've seen non-producers say some negative things about your productions. Mostly it's meant to be constructive criticism I'm pretty sure.
Kingles has put up a valid explanation and you reply with this?
I don't know what this means. My reply was to acknowledge that his post sounded so dead-on knowledgable that I thought he worked on the inside, thus inside info. That's a compliment to his observing skills.

There are 2 and only 2 films with stretching inthem.

Great. Thanks for answering that. You would know, they're your vids. But I'm informed Kingles is not behind the scenes, so how would he know? Even if I had all over 80 vids of yours, I probably wouldn't remember if there were only TWO. And if I had some but less than all your vids, then I really couldn't even be pretty sure there aren't more vids with exercising.
So the number 80 is pretty accurate.
I don't doubt it. I didn't doubt it when Kingles wrote it, cause I thought Kingles worked on the inside. I'm pretty sure I know differently now. Well, really I'm not pretty sure one way or the other, but for benefit of the doubt, I'll go by what he said: he doesn't work at HL so he has no inside info, it's just good guessing.

Kristina Hess has nothing to do with this conversation.

I made a joke. Hence the smilie. :cap: Kingles does NOT = Kristina Hess, or anyone else that works for HL. I got it, I'm pretty sure.
And the customs are devoid of extraneous material as current purchasers already know.
Would love to hear from current custom purchasers! What are the chances? Anyway, for future purchasers this is good info, cause they might have been wondering, and now they know. Thank Heroine Addict for bringing this declaration from you out. He did you a service!
In addition, the last few videos have not featured a trailer at the intro, which incidentally, has nothing to do with this conversation.
Good to know. But to the contrary, it does have something to do with the conversation. It references the first item in Heroine Addict's list of Nos.
My customs are for 5 minutes of peril and the purpose is to make sure buyers get what they want. I love my fans and appreciate their input as well as try my best to cater to their interests.
I'm sure they appreciate that.
Please direct these comments to me and not to the rest of the community who enjoy our films. Thank you.
You're welcome! The above is directed to you. Cause it's replying to you.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

kingles wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
kingles wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
kingles wrote:

---

Hmmm... Well first of all it appears that I wasn't the only one guilty of "observational guessing". I'm not sure how "incredibly insightful" my observational skills are, but on this one day at least, my guess was WAY closer than yours. :smart: Also, "pretty sure" isn't a defense...it's a phrase used in the English language to qualify the words following it. :laugh:

Regarding what I said about Heroine Addict...He DID choose to speak for HL customs, and implied that somebody ordering one needs to look out for Logan trying to rip them off. There's no evidence to support this viewpoint, so therefore it must be motivated by something else. If you'd prefer, I can refer to that something else as personal animosity rather than hate. I'm not judging him, only the motivation for and veracity of the 'advice' he gave to Richpartist in this thread. As far as I know, outside of this thread Heroine Addict is both a gentleman and a scholar.

Looks like Logan addressed the rest of this so I'm going to bow out now, because this has gotten to be pretty far off topic.

'Pretty sure' is for sure a qualifier I'm pretty sure. Can also be used when one is actually 100% sure, but wants to cover the off chance that one is wrong, like I did one sentence ago, I'm pretty sure. :cylon:

Regarding what I said about Heroine Addict...He DID choose to speak for HL customs, and implied that somebody ordering one needs to look out for Logan trying to rip them off.
I have to disagree. He DID NOT speak for HL customs, and did NOT imply HL is trying to rip anyone off.
There's no evidence to support this viewpoint, so therefore it must be motivated by something else
There's no evidence for the viewpoint cause it's your interpretation of HA's post and not what's actual...what happened to your observation skills? It works with HL, but not with HA. Interesting.
If you'd prefer, I can refer to that something else as personal animosity rather than hate.
I had to look up 'animosity!' Here are synonyms: antipathy, hostility, friction, antagonism, acrimony, enmity, animus, bitterness, rancor, resentment, dislike, ill feeling/will, bad blood, hatred, hate, loathing. Oh look...hate's in there. Call it what you want, I disagree regardless. HA's list is a good one to add to whatever contract is arrived at by the two parties: producer and custom buyer. Besides, if HL customs already don't include those things, then it's a non-issue.
I'm not judging him, only the motivation for and veracity of the 'advice' he gave to Richpartist in this thread.
I see the motivation as giving good advice.
As far as I know, outside of this thread Heroine Addict is both a gentleman and a scholar.
As far as I know as well (and inside this thread I see helpful discussion from him too) :)
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

"I wanted to stay of the boards for a week but I visited to see what was going on and I have to just say something. I have great, loyal fans. The people who talk negatively about me or my productions are typically other producers. I don't understand it at all but it is what it is. Kingles has put up a valid explanation and you reply with this? He is absolutely correct. There are 2 and only 2 films with stretching inthem. His count of films is correct. We have around 60 currently on our site. We discontinued 9 torture chamber films which are no longer offered and 6 original heroine academy films no longer offered. Other films like power hungry and ground zero which used to be separate films are now condensed into one film. So the number 80 is pretty accurate. Kristina Hess has nothing to do with this conversation. And the customs are devoid of extraneous material as current purchasers already know. In addition, the last few videos have not featured a trailer at the intro, which incidentally, has nothing to do with this conversation. My customs are for 5 minutes of peril and the purpose is to make sure buyers get what they want. I love my fans and appreciate their input as well as try my best to cater to their interests. Please direct these comments to me and not to the rest of the community who enjoy our films. Thank you."

Here here(clinking a fork against his glass :)

Sargeant

theScribbler wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
Anyway, I think you're giving Heroine Addict a bum rap. His list is not terribly hateful.
I'm not judging him, only the motivation for and veracity of the 'advice' he gave to Richpartist in this thread.
Is it "good advice"...or not "terribly hateful"? The mere implication that Logan would even consider including the trailer and titles in the 5 minute custom somebody might purchase is being a hater as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, we agree to disagree.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

kingles wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
theScribbler wrote:
Anyway, I think you're giving Heroine Addict a bum rap. His list is not terribly hateful.
Is it "good advice"...or not "terribly hateful"? The mere implication that Logan would even consider including the trailer and titles in the 5 minute custom somebody might purchase is being a hater as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, we agree to disagree.
It's both: it's NOT terribly hateful and is GOOD advice. Nope, he's not a hater, and you're trying to label him as one doesn't wash. Whenever someone writes 'we agree to disagree,' I kind of have to laugh. We, simply, disagree.
the Scribbler

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

[youtube][/youtube]
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Im a fan for sure but unfortunately a relative poor one,sorry :(
Brittany is adorable as always of course.

Richard
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Want to see our girls having a little fun after a camera test shoot? Just for our AOH fans ;)

TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I keep going to your web site and looking at the video trailers and I almost never see any bondage in any of them - which is why I've never bought any of your videos.

And then you go and post pics like this. I'm confused. :)
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

kingles wrote: Is it "good advice"...or not "terribly hateful"? The mere implication that Logan would even consider including the trailer and titles in the 5 minute custom somebody might purchase is being a hater as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, we agree to disagree.
Well, what I have seen of Logan's output (a couple of HL videos) has been terribly padded. One video even had a pointless 90-second trailer for itself. This wouldn't have mattered so much if this hadn't been included in the specified runtime. The video was already well over the $1-per-minute industry standard, so the trailer seriously ate into the bang-for-buck.

Now, I understand that Logan may incur higher costs than producers located outside Hollywood. However, while being located there may be better for Logan as he tries to break into network TV, that location offers no advantage to me as a consumer of superheroine videos. Nor does the farming-out of editing duties to other companies. These are just extra costs which are passed-on to the consumer.

As for the word "hater", it is not conducive to discussion to dismiss criticism as a sign of irrational hatred. I honestly do believe Logan's videos offer poor value for money. To me, this current offer of $500 for a "not overly complex" 5-minute scene in an unspecified location seems eye-wateringly expensive for a short and basic video which will be sold-on to the general audience anyway. I was merely saying that anyone spending such a sum should ensure that their video offers considerably better value than some of the standard releases.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote:Want to see our girls having a little fun after a camera test shoot? Just for our AOH fans ;)

AOH?Sorry its early in the moring here and maybe I'm not getting the reference. :)
Is that picture on one of the photo sets?

Richard
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Actually,my eyes are still focusing,is that Tiffany and someone else?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:I keep going to your web site and looking at the video trailers and I almost never see any bondage in any of them - which is why I've never bought any of your videos.

lol we have it… our editors have only recently been instructed to show more of the actual peril situations in the trailer. In the past, they focused on fight and story. Not sure what, if any, you have checked out from us, but there's a lot of AOH in Agent Files 6… :)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Richpartist wrote:Actually,my eyes are still focusing,is that Tiffany and someone else?
lol it's Onyx… in Thorne's costume. We're promo-ing for the series coming up called Shifted. None of them will be in their own costumes.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote:
TIEnTEEZ wrote:I keep going to your web site and looking at the video trailers and I almost never see any bondage in any of them - which is why I've never bought any of your videos.

lol we have it… our editors have only recently been instructed to show more of the actual peril situations in the trailer. In the past, they focused on fight and story. Not sure what, if any, you have checked out from us, but there's a lot of AOH in Agent Files 6… :)
Okay, now I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what AOH is.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote:

Okay, now I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what AOH is.
Arms-Over-Head… just the way they're tied up
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I love it whatever its called :)
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

Heroine Addict wrote:
kingles wrote: Is it "good advice"...or not "terribly hateful"? The mere implication that Logan would even consider including the trailer and titles in the 5 minute custom somebody might purchase is being a hater as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, we agree to disagree.
Well, what I have seen of Logan's output (a couple of HL videos) has been terribly padded. One video even had a pointless 90-second trailer for itself. This wouldn't have mattered so much if this hadn't been included in the specified runtime. The video was already well over the $1-per-minute industry standard, so the trailer seriously ate into the bang-for-buck.

Now, I understand that Logan may incur higher costs than producers located outside Hollywood. However, while being located there may be better for Logan as he tries to break into network TV, that location offers no advantage to me as a consumer of superheroine videos. Nor does the farming-out of editing duties to other companies. These are just extra costs which are passed-on to the consumer.

As for the word "hater", it is not conducive to discussion to dismiss criticism as a sign of irrational hatred. I honestly do believe Logan's videos offer poor value for money. To me, this current offer of $500 for a "not overly complex" 5-minute scene in an unspecified location seems eye-wateringly expensive for a short and basic video which will be sold-on to the general audience anyway. I was merely saying that anyone spending such a sum should ensure that their video offers considerably better value than some of the standard releases.
I have absolutely no problem if anybody feels that HL videos are not worth the cost, for ANY reason... That's an individual decision that interested people have to make as consumers. I decide not to buy things all the time for the same reason.

To me, HL has provided great value for my money. Logan has stated in the past the he charges based on "content" rather than on a $/minute ratio. He quit putting the trailers on the beginning of his videos and I haven't noticed where I'm suddenly getting a better value. Since content and production values are the critical issues to me(and hot women :yahoo: ), this $/min thing means nothing as far as I'm concerned. If I'm thinking about that when I'm watching a video...it means I'm having a bad experience. For someone who buys on a $/min basis though, I can certainly see where Logan's approach might rub them the wrong way. Different strokes for different folks...It'd be boring if everybody agreed on this stuff.

Regarding using an editor and passing the cost on vs. doing all the editing personally. There's benefits and drawbacks to both approaches. Yes, if Logan did all of his own editing, it would lower his production costs. It would also significantly reduce the amount of content he could produce. Just seems like Logan would rather spend more time writing and shooting vs. editing. I like not having to wait a long time for the next video.

OTOH, another of my favorite producers, Rye...painstakingly handcrafts every video from A to Z. Does it work? Absolutely! The only negative is that it takes longer to get the next video. They're worth it when he finishes them though. Different producers, different approaches, works for them...works for me. Don't really want everybody to do it the same way. The market would either be completely flooded or there'd be a relative lack of HQ vids to choose from.

The reason I said you were being a hater towards Logan is as I said. The implication that Logan, or indeed ANY producer, would try to include titles and trailer in the time somebody is paying $100/minute for...is a serious thing. It would be absolutely heinous to sneak that in on someone paying $100/min for a custom. So to insinuate that he might do that, without evidence that he'd ever tried to do it to anyone in the past...is being a hater in my book. Sorry.

Yes I know Logan included the trailer at the beginning of his vids until recently. I know that HL's high end in $/min prices. I understand that he offered customs at $100/min with several restrictions. The reason I know all this is because he made it plain to everybody. He's been upfront about this stuff the whole time. If he said there were no restrictions on the customs, and then added a bunch of them after he had the money...I could see your point. He told everybody what the price and restrictions were in advance, so they can decide if they want to pay for it without any surprises.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm also VERY pleased with Logan and his videos.As for cost,its a free country and he can and will charge whatever he needs to.Its not his problem that I don't have more money to buy more of his videos.Believe me,if I did I would buy ALL he has.
.....at this time,lets all pray that I become rich VERY soon :)
On a side note,Logan listens to his customers and THATS why I'm buying when I can,and will again.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Just saw a PCH commercial about winning $7,000 a week for life,again let us all pray :)