The sensational Batgirl Suit

Superheroine Clips & Pictures Here! No copyright infringement, please.
Batfetish
Sargeant
Sargeant

[youtube][/youtube]
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Its amazing!!! Love it!
Batfetish
Sargeant
Sargeant

The costume should be handled like an art or a world culture legacy. Prefer it much more as a bikin, hot pants or other stuff. This suit has style and so much more erotic potential.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

One thing I noticed about the cape is it appears to be a yellow inside that wraps around to the outside and a purple outside which wraps around the neck. Its like its two capes stitched to each other rather than one yellow cape.
DevilMan38
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Mr. X wrote:One thing I noticed about the cape is it appears to be a yellow inside that wraps around to the outside and a purple outside which wraps around the neck. Its like its two capes stitched to each other rather than one yellow cape.
As I understand it Mr.X, that's exactly how it was made.
Love your rage, not your cage
Batfetish
Sargeant
Sargeant

DevilMan38 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:One thing I noticed about the cape is it appears to be a yellow inside that wraps around to the outside and a purple outside which wraps around the neck. Its like its two capes stitched to each other rather than one yellow cape.
As I understand it Mr.X, that's exactly how it was made.
At it was genius fashion way. It amazing how the play with the colour. The Batsuit was a vey inteligent design. The Batgirlsuit is timeless in fashion. Even today when girls want to dress up as superhero. As an original Batgirl they will be everytime an eyecatcher, even today.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Listening to Craig in an interview she said the material was this strange stuff that wasn't spandex or lycra and it was hot as hell.
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

At the 1966 Batman Message Board you can learn more than you ever wanted to know about the Batgirl costume. Apparently the material was a form of lurex, a precursor to spandex which only stretches one way along the weave instead of both. I think it's also a rougher material, with a looser weave than spandex. IIRC, Yvonne stated that it was actually comfortably cool to wear. The cape does have two sides of differing colors (a condition which is hell to reproduce in Poser :laugh: ), and seems to have been pinned or snapped at the shoulders most of the time, to keep the yellow side visible and prevent the cape from flipping down to obscure the form-fitting costume.
Batfetish
Sargeant
Sargeant

cdrei wrote:At the 1966 Batman Message Board you can learn more than you ever wanted to know about the Batgirl costume. Apparently the material was a form of lurex, a precursor to spandex which only stretches one way along the weave instead of both. I think it's also a rougher material, with a looser weave than spandex. IIRC, Yvonne stated that it was actually comfortably cool to wear. The cape does have two sides of differing colors (a condition which is hell to reproduce in Poser :laugh: ), and seems to have been pinned or snapped at the shoulders most of the time, to keep the yellow side visible and prevent the cape from flipping down to obscure the form-fitting costume.

The stuff was facinating of what it was. In the Batscene people say it is only spandex. But spandex comes not near to the original. Battracy is a nice batdouble. But her costume looks similar to the original, but when you compare Battracy costume with Yvonne Craigs costume, you see a very big different. The original defines the body in a natural way. By many doubles it looks so hard and unnatural. I hope you know what I mean. There is only one Batgirl double, which is comparable to the original. This double is "Stephanie". You find it on my topic.
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

They're calling it a "spandex" now, because that's what the equivalent product is being sold as. Or such is my understanding. One of the chief suppliers of information to the board, who is in personal contact with Yvonne, has assured me that it is essentially the same thing as lurex. I'm willing to take it on his word, advisably or not. :confused:

The appearance of the costume will vary greatly with lighting, due to the metallic fibers, and also with the cut of the suit and/or physique of the wearer. The suit on the show was cut and recut to fit Yvonne as it did. Some who now model authentic batsuits may not have had the same attention applied to how well it would fit. Others may simply have acquired a suit sized for them, but cut for Yvonne's dimensions. That's a problem with the mask, I suspect. As I've mused elsewhere, performers and cosplayers wearing an authentic reproduction of the '66 Batgirl mask often look odd in it. The reason is presumably that the mask was designed to work with Yvonne's specific (and somewhat unusual - I've never seen anyone who has a truly similar face, so far) features. The original design of the mask for the Batgirl pilot episode (available on youtube) was modified to better suit Yvonne's face. If you study images of Yvonne in her mask, you can see how the lines work to accentuate her features. Reproduce that mask faithfully, changing only sizing but not proportions or shape, for another face and you'll likely end up with a Batgirl who looks almost but not quite like the original. I would suggest that it is similar with the suit.

The Stephanie images originated on the 1966 Batman Message Board, as did many others making the rounds now. Be careful how you use such images. The models or others involved may not like the application of them and could theoretically take steps. Which would be no good. :sad:
Last edited by cdrei 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

cdrei wrote:At the 1966 Batman Message Board you can learn more than you ever wanted to know about the Batgirl costume. Apparently the material was a form of lurex, a precursor to spandex which only stretches one way along the weave instead of both. I think it's also a rougher material, with a looser weave than spandex. IIRC, Yvonne stated that it was actually comfortably cool to wear. The cape does have two sides of differing colors (a condition which is hell to reproduce in Poser :laugh: ), and seems to have been pinned or snapped at the shoulders most of the time, to keep the yellow side visible and prevent the cape from flipping down to obscure the form-fitting costume.
Yeah you can model it in poser. Just make a geometry of two capes and make sure they don't intermesh. I just didn't bother for my model.

As for suits I know someone who has one of the 5 Wonder Woman suits and its definitely built for Carter's unique shape. Carter had large hips and a narrow chest so getting a model to fit it is problematic. If they fit the hips the chest is too small. If they fit the chest the hips are baggies. Carter was just differently shaped. So I imagine Craig also was uniquely shaped. She had a wide face with a small jaw. So you can't just buy a spandex suit, slap a batgirl logo on it then put a cowl on her head and call it good.
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Mr. X wrote:Yeah you can model it in poser. Just make a geometry of two capes and make sure they don't intermesh. I just didn't bother for my model.
The modeling is no problem. The trouble comes if you want to use the resulting two-sided cape in the cloth room. I had to design a cape specifically for the purpose, using all the available figure-building tricks I knew, then write a Python script to get it to work as dynamic cloth. The result is pretty good, but still has some oddities at weld seams which I can't seem to quash.

Edit: An old-ish version of my Batgirl Poser figure can be downloaded here. http://www.the.cage.page.phantom3d.net/ ... stuff.html Haven't been able to update my site for some time due to access problems, so I haven't been able to upload the WM versions.
Attachments
BG_WM_full_capepose2_sm.jpg
The best pre-existing render I have which strongly features the cape and no nudity (or weird/squick diaper fetish). Some modifications have been made since. The figure is the free Antonia-WM.
BG_WM_full_capepose2_sm.jpg (37.68 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
BG_cape_SSS1b_sm.jpg
On edit: Found another one, this one better displaying the back of the cape.
BG_cape_SSS1b_sm.jpg (29.16 KiB) Viewed 5711 times
BG_sybian_scene1sm2.jpg
An older image, also showing the cape, with some SHIB. This has been posted elsewhere to this board, some time ago. The Catwoman seen here may or may not resemble Zoe Heriot, from Doctor Who....
BG_sybian_scene1sm2.jpg (86.63 KiB) Viewed 5710 times
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

That looks fantastic!
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Ooh, thank you. High praise, coming from yourself. :blush: Free for download by yourself or anyone else with Poser 5 or greater, too. Mind you, the version posted is... not quite as developed as my current build. I really need to regain upload server access. :sad:
Biorider
Sargeant
Sargeant

On the topic of the Batgirl suit, here is a new video edit of Yvonne suiting up into Batgirl in the pilot presentation.

[youtube][/youtube]

:D
JasonRain
Neophyte
Neophyte

Its amazing!!
WonderMan90
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hey I was looking for this costume for years! I was hoping can you send a link to download because the first link is not working anymore. Please please I really would like to get this one. Thank you
forester
Neophyte
Neophyte

I second the request for a new link ....that suit looks fantastic !
And if you can ever find some way to upload the Victoria version, welllllllllll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
digitalbleh
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Nice poser model cdrei. Do you have a link to comic images you have made? like on diviantart or something?
cdrei
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Oh... I didn't realize that the first post requesting a link was for the Poser downloads. Umm.

The server that was hosting my site went offline a couple of years ago, and it took me a while to arrange for a new server. The Antonia Batgirl download is currently available at the Morphography Poser site. I'll post my various Poser page links below.

Antonia 2011 (pre-weight-mapping): http://www.morphography.uk.vu/~cagepage ... stuff.html

Old 2005 Vicky 1 downloads: http://www.morphography.uk.vu/~cagepage ... ePage.html

Old 2007 downloads: http://www.morphography.uk.vu/~cagepage ... Gpage.html

Poser Python "loop" scripts (useful for ropes and such): http://www.morphography.uk.vu/~cagepage ... loopy.html

The best repository of my Poser art (such as it is) can be found in my gallery on this very site. You can find some other images with a web search for keywords Cage and Batgirl, but the other images largely appeal more to the ABDL community than the SHIB folks at this site.

I do have updated Antonia versions of Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Zoe Heriot, and others, but I haven't found a free html editor I can use to set up a download page for these items. :unsure:

I haven't used DAZ figures since I dropped Vicky 1 for Antonia, in 2010. The best resource for Victoria 4 superheroines would probably be terrymcg's downloads, which can be found at Renderosity and here: http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads. ... played=Yes