Girl Robyn Video Production/Suggestions/etc

The heroine work of Damien Woods!
SHL
Producer
Producer

So in the next few months I might be filming a girl Robyn heroine video. Its mostly written but I figured I come here to get some last minute script inspiration. I figured suggestions here would maybe shed some light on ideas that I had not come up with.

The video kinda has a break down the middle, the first part being the fight and capture the second being more of a torture scenario in a second location.

I was curious about a couple things. For a Robyn based video would you prefer cheesy dialogue or serious? And would you want the violence to be more 1960s Batman or more real?

Understand that suggestions here won't be the final say on what I end up doing, but your feedback is wanted.

*Also note, Missy who is in the picture below won't be the actress for this video. The actress will be a brunette.

-------------------------------

The costume is linked below, since I shot the photo the cape has been shorted down and slimmed, the gloves replaced, belt added, and new boots have been acquired. Not sure if the new boots will fit the look right, so that one is still up in the air. Also I was considering using a glue on mask instead of the leather one in the photo.

http://superheroineforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14565
Last edited by SHL 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would prefer a mainly cheesy Adam West-style video which takes a "This shit just got real!" turn in the final act as Robyn starts to realize that she won't be escaping and winning this time. This could also be shown with a change to more realistic lighting and, if possible, fade-out cheery Nelson Riddle-style music and replace it with something sombre and foreboding.

The unmasking would be a good turning point as this is something that never happened to Burt Ward's Robin in the 60s TV series. From then on, Robyn would know that her career is definitely over and there's no limit to what the villain might do to her.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
DevilMan38
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

I'd favour a more 'Adam West' approach to the dialogue and scenario. Perhaps even throw in a '66 style bat trap too. Nothing very elaborate; a hidden magnet in a wall that holds the girl-wonder immobile so the villian can get to work on her.

An unmasking would be very cool.

Going back to dialogue, some verbal humilation would be good to see; especially if it involved mocking Robyn's costume; "Did Batwoman give you that outfit? Maybe she likes seeing you run around in tights"

I remember one scene from the old 1940's Batman movies serial, where Robin was grabbed by his cape and pulled backwards into a couple of henchman. That would be a good addition to a girl Robin fight scene.
(As Edna Mole would say; "No capes!" :wink: )

I agree it'd be interesting to see it take a darker turn towards the end.
Love your rage, not your cage
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Would love to see Robin tied up and vibed through her tights before being unmasked, ultimately humiliated and helpless. :twisted:

Also think the glue-on mask would look a little better/cleaner, but I'm glad you're using the traditional style Robin costume.
HeroineFanboy
Henchman
Henchman

I think the contrast of a 1960s style female Robin in a realistic environment would make the peril much more visceral. Specifically, I think Robin should speak with cheesy superhero dialogue and try to fight the villain in the vein of the TV series, BUT the location of the video should be dark, gritty and foreboding, AND the villain should speak and act like a real-life street criminal (i.e. not cheesy, no one liners, and using profanity and intimidation), AND the villain, in contrast to Robin, should fight realistically. I think this contrast would be fantastic and I'm not sure I've seen it done either. Seems most producers either go all-out 1960s cheese, with some light peril, or others go all-out gritty realism.

Re: Robin's costume - is it possible to make the briefs higher cut? Or are you already committed to the look as described/shown?
DevilMan38
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

HeroineFanboy wrote:I think the contrast of a 1960s style female Robin in a realistic environment would make the peril much more visceral.
I was mulling this very thing over earlier today! (que Twilight Zone music).

I think a video that you're describing here could be quite something; it's certainly something I haven't seen before.
ltrltr
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I would say cheesy fighting and dialogue, with a sexual turn once the ropes are tied.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineFanboy wrote:I think the contrast of a 1960s style female Robin in a realistic environment would make the peril much more visceral. Specifically, I think Robin should speak with cheesy superhero dialogue and try to fight the villain in the vein of the TV series, BUT the location of the video should be dark, gritty and foreboding, AND the villain should speak and act like a real-life street criminal (i.e. not cheesy, no one liners, and using profanity and intimidation), AND the villain, in contrast to Robin, should fight realistically. I think this contrast would be fantastic and I'm not sure I've seen it done either. Seems most producers either go all-out 1960s cheese, with some light peril, or others go all-out gritty realism.

Re: Robin's costume - is it possible to make the briefs higher cut? Or are you already committed to the look as described/shown?
At the end, there could be a little one-minute coda which turns everything on its head with the caption "Meanwhile, in another universe..."

Cheesy Villain: "And now for the moment of trrrrruth: the unmasking of Rrrrrrrrrobyn, the girl blundeeeeeer!"

Dark Robyn: [confused] "What the fuck is this shit?"

In one savage action, Dark Robyn snaps the villain's neck and we hear a sickening cracking noise. His limp corpse falls to the floor.

Dark Robyn: [spits on the corpse and smiles] "I'm going to like this fucked-up new universe."
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
HeroineFanboy
Henchman
Henchman

Actually, to go all-out with the various suggestions here, why not have this be a Last Action Hero type story in which the female Robin exists in an actual 1960s style syndicated TV show, much like the original Batman, and somehow she is transported to reality? That way she's legitimately expecting to encounter a comically dressed cheesy villain who will hold her hostage with sticky cotton candy, or something equally ludicrous, but instead what she encounters is a real-life bad guy with serious intents on subjecting her to tortures a lot more brutal than a 1960s Batman trap. ;-)
DevilMan38
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

HeroineFanboy wrote:Actually, to go all-out with the various suggestions here, why not have this be a Last Action Hero type story in which the female Robin exists in an actual 1960s style syndicated TV show, much like the original Batman, and somehow she is transported to reality? That way she's legitimately expecting to encounter a comically dressed cheesy villain who will hold her hostage with sticky cotton candy, or something equally ludicrous, but instead what she encounters is a real-life bad guy with serious intents on subjecting her to tortures a lot more brutal than a 1960s Batman trap. ;-)
Now that, my friend, is genius!

(And a sticky-cotton-candy trap has got to be worth exploring in any reality!)
colt13
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

60's style dialouge works for me.

Violence depends on scenario-if male, 60's camp, if female, more realistic.
SHL
Producer
Producer

Just to let everyone know I have been reading through the post. Don't want you to think I posted and disappeared.
krispin
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

What about a female villainesse? She should be stronger than our slim brunette heroine,
RobinTheBoyWonder
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hi! I would love a 60s fight scene where Robin gets choked or drowned so she faints while Batman is busy and cannot save her.