Batwoman: Year One

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
Disciple
Stories Mod
Stories Mod

Hello, all. After years and years of lurking on this board with nary a word, I've finally decided to get off my lazy ass and contribute something. Who knows, maybe one day the god of underground superheroine fetish will reward me. :P

I do not know if I will be continuing this for any length; right now, it's just to get something off my chest.

One of the greatest secrets of Gotham City, it was said, was its richest individuals, Bianca Wayne. Daughter of the murdered Thomas and Martha Wayne, the sole heir to the enormous Wayne fortune, she was never out of the city's spotlight for very long. Rumors concerning which actor or star athlete she was running off with on any given week were never short in supply, and often overlapped with speculations as to her sexuality in and of itself. She, after all, lived in an enormous manor with no live-in staff aside from her faithful maid, Alice Pennyworth. And while many a daytime valet claimed that she made a habit of flirting with them, all were forced to admit that relationships never went anywhere beyond.

And then there was the person herself. At a towering six-foot-three with a body and face that most models would have killed for, Bianca should have, by all means, stuck out like a sore thumb in any crowd. Yet all too often, she easily vanished from galas, charity events, and interviews with such ease (to reappear some hours later, entirely nonchalant) that some half-jokingly though her a vampire or a ghost in reality.

In truth, they weren't that far off the mark...

XOXOXOXO

Hundreds and hundreds of feet beneath stately Wayne Manor, Bianca Wayne was shedding her daytime identity for her nighttime one.

As her faithful servant Alice watched in silence, the dark-haired woman swiftly donned a pair of midnight-blue shorts, followed by a pair of gray tights, and flat-soled boots the same color as the shorts. A skintight gray tunic was slipped over her shapely bust and toned abdomen, a bright yellow bulletproof plate bearing a black bat-like symbol presented right over the chest.

A yellow belt with many pouches, containing everything from handcuffs to re-breathers to a mini GPS unit, was quickly buckled around her slim waist. The media (and Alice) had taken to calling it her "utility belt", but Bianca had made her disdain for the phrase apparent many, many times.

And at last, the final garment - the midnight blue cape and cowl - was fit snugly over her head. Bianca had always insisted that this was to help fully trigger her second identity by utilizing principles found in ancient Native American rituals, but Alice personally thought that her mistress simply had a taste for the dramatic. Not like she needed much help, with those blank, white, eternally staring eye-slits in her cowl.

As her mistress prepared herself for the night with a Korean breathing technique, Alice idly gazed around the enormous limestone cavern that the two of them called "home". It was a sign of either dedication or madness that her mistress had used up three years of her life to turn the miles and miles of tunnels and caves beneath Wayne Manor into a crime-fighting headquarters, complete with gym, crime lab, and "garage". At least the actual bats that had inhabited it years before were all fumigated now.

"Mistress, do try to come back early tonight," she said as the imposing figure made for her primary mode of transportation - a sleek, midnight-blue sports car that the media had dubbed "The Batmobile". "You have lunch with the mayor tomorrow, after all. And then there's the children's hospital-"

"I'll try," Batwoman said curtly.

And with that, the lithe figure hopped behind the wheel of the vehicle. Within seconds, the engine roared to life, a jet of flame erupted from the exhaust, and the squeal of tires filled the spacious cavern.

As roar died down, and the cloud of smoke and dust began to dissipate, Alice sighed to herself, and wondered if Thomas and Martha turned in their graves every night, disappointed that their daughter had dedicated her life to such a masquerade, and that their faithful servant had not tried harder to stop her.