Need advice on whether to keep shooting Superhero videos

General discussions about superheroines!
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Hey guys
I have a clip store, and while this may seem like a shameless plug, I can't think of another way to ask this question, and actually I need your input.

I shot some superhero video clips, and they've sold, but something seems to be missing. My model friends really want to do more superhero stuff because we like the outfits and the acting, (it's more "fun" and less "threatening" than some of the rough kidnap stuff) but sales and traffic support the clips when we're in sexy dresses or lingerie. Even some totally-nude superhero clips haven't sold as well as I'd thought.

Will the superhero clips just never sell as well? It seems like some superhero stores are doing great. So it makes me wonder if we're doing something wrong.

We've done several customs, too, but no one has asked us to do a superhero video. Maybe we're just not "known" as a superhero store?

Any input is really appreciated. If you don't want to post it here, you can tell me what I'm doing wrong directly at LisaVids and then the @ sign and yahoo.com

Here's direct links to what I'm talking about: to check out the nude series with my friend Roxanne search for "Supervixen" in the little search box up top in my store, at http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/42602/ ... rtingpoint

The other set, with friends Tessa & Kendra, is called SuperDuperDiva Duo - Parts 1,2& 3 Combined & Discounted and it's at http://www.clips4sale.com/studio/42602/ ... rtingpoint (Try searching the word "superduper") My last shoot with them left them in armbinders and maybe we got too sillly? I'd like to do a follow-up video set. Maybe you folks can tell me if it's worth saving the story or where to go from here.

Maybe our outfits aren't fancy enough? Maybe I'm an "outsider" and don't get it or something. We'd like to do more superhero stuff.

Thanks

Lisa
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

Your Costume just look odd to me. I tend to prefer Costumes that are tight but reasonable Modest, I like Legs but that's more of less the limit of the Skin I want to see.

I tend to prefer the Heroine stays in Costume either the entire time or at least as long as possible, Maybe an Unmasking but that's it for me. The actual fight means little to me, I want to see her Defeats, fondled, tied up, played with, and Forced to Orgasm. I also don't like Gags.

Others have different tastes however, but I feel what I like to see is bound to at least somewhat satisfy everyone.
swampy170
Elder Member
Elder Member

I noticed you guys had started doing superheroine videos a while back and have definately considered buying them. What has held me back is other producers releasing at the same time. The superheroine video business is becoming more dog-eat-dog as more producers are starting to take an interest in superheroine videos.

Boosting sales is about gettin people interested and enthused about the product. Perhaps make some "safe for work" trailers you can post on youtube and also advertise on forums like this.

For me the main reason I like superheroine videos is the storyline, if there is a clear plot I'll most likely be getting it. The supervixen material did look great, only other producers had material coming out at the same time.

From what I can see there is not really that much of a sexual element to your videos, lots of hot women though. In which case the story needs to be solid for the videos to sell well. There's plenty of writing talent here, I'm sure some people can help you out.

Having said that would definately like to see more, can see some good potential there!
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Thanks, this is just what we needed!
(Superheroine, maybe you only saw Roxanne's. She was gagged and showed more (everything!) but Tessa & Kendra weren't gagged and they keep their clothes on, just baring the legs mostly....?)
I did suspect there were just too many producers in the Superheroine group. And there's no way we could compete with someone like Christina Carter, we just wanted to do something fun that would at least be self-supporting. Maybe not.
Oh well darn. We'll just keep doing the lingerie and latex thing then I guess!
Regards
Lisa
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I just saw Nightex's post
Thanks for that. We are adding variety and storylines, even the lawyer theme. Good idea. And it is more fun for us girls to shoot, too.
We're getting new models, too. They seem to be drawn most to the superhero stuff since it's fun for them and provides a little more anonymity. That's why I came to this group.
We don't use models from anywhere else. These girls are only on this clip store, just trying to have some fun and make enough money to make it worthwhile. They're girls I've modeled with over the years.
The price for customs vary based on whether it's just one model or two or so and how complex it is (memorizing lines and choregraphy is a killer!) And we learned the hard way that if the custom includes something like electrical tape, then pantyhose, then duct-tape, it's going to take all day long!
If it includes a theme we can sell on the site, it's less expensive.
And we've had a few custom "requesters" get together on it. Each one pays like $150 and we include their request along with the ones from others. That's probably the best way to do it. Just remember it takes 5 of us or more to do one, plus hours and hours of editing, not just the shoot itself. One guy didn't understand why he couldn't get 3 models in his custom for $100 total because he "only wanted 5 minutes of footage." I just couldn't get everyone to do it for $20 each.

You're also right about the background. I'm working on it. Thanks!

Lisa
drh1966
Sargeant
Sargeant

lisa&friends wrote:I shot some superhero video clips, and they've sold, but something seems to be missing
Yes, actual superheroine costumes. And your one model won't show her face so that's a big turn off.
Even some totally-nude superhero clips haven't sold as well as I'd thought
What made you think a nude superheroine video would sell? Once the costume is off, she's just another chick. The point IS the the costume.
It seems like some superhero stores are doing great. So it makes me wonder if we're doing something wrong
See above. Although I love the warehouse background you have.
Maybe I'm an "outsider" and don't get it or something.
No, I don't think you do. But don't feel bad, many female producers don't get it. They think guys just want to see girl on girl action, nudity, feet fetish, and as long as the girl is in a costume of some sort (some don't give this aspect any consideration at all), they think we will buy. There seems to be a big difference between how men and women view this fetish. The guys may have their own little kinks but the general idea is the same. Women see it very differently. There are very few female producers who understand it, it's just the difference in wiring.
Check out what other producers are doing and read other threads where videos are being discussed and you'll get an idea of what we are looking for. You can't please everybody, but maybe you'll find a good balance.
"There's no feeling quite as exciting as that of having a helpless superheroine in your arms"
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

I love some fo Natlaie Dmeore's Heroine videos, a few minor complaint sbut bassically I think she sees the point.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Well, I'm repeating a lot of the above, but I'll try to add some.

Yes, you need real superheroine costumes. And if you remove costumes, it's important to keep some aspects on, so we know she is a superheroine. Like if you had a Wonder Woman costume, either pull the top down so we see her chest, or completely remove the torso of the costume. If you do this, she should still be wearing boots, bracelets, and a tiara. All of these aspects show that she is a superheroine.

And having a model who won't show her face really is a downer, and pretty unattractive. A girl's face is half the appeal in ANY video, not just superheroine material.

Finally, don't just put girls in superheroine outfits and have them do goofy stuff. Make it a real story. hero vs villain. If the heroine loses, what would a truly evil villain or villainess do to her? If I was a villain, a truly evil guy, I would have my way with the heroine. This can mean a number of things. Fondling, beating. For me, I would have sex with her, and leave her exhausted, disrobed, and humiliated in a place where she would be found later. Possibly leave her strung up by her hands in the warehouse with only her boots and gloves on, to be found by the janitor or somebody later.

And if you really want to get into things, who's to say the person who finds her isn't perverted either? If a weird guy sees a beautiful superheroine stripped and strung up, whos to say he wont abuse her, also?

These are just ideas. But don't just have girls doing weird crap in costumes. honestly, that's what turns me off of a LOT of videos. You need to think "would a superheroine do this?" Whether your referencing comic books, or the old Wonder Woman tv series or something, this is the question you need to consider.
kopema
Neophyte
Neophyte

lisa&friends wrote:I shot some superhero video clips, and they've sold, but something seems to be missing. My model friends really want to do more superhero stuff because we like the outfits and the acting, (it's more "fun" and less "threatening" than some of the rough kidnap stuff) but sales and traffic support the clips when we're in sexy dresses or lingerie. Even some totally-nude superhero clips haven't sold as well as I'd thought. ...My last shoot with them left them in armbinders and maybe we got too sillly? I'd like to do a follow-up video set.
There's no such thing as "too silly" when it comes to superheroines! Having fun is a very important part of this business (especially if you're doing your own modeling.)

My suggestion: How about shooting for something IN-BETWEEN the two extremes you've done so far? Supervixen is basically a hardcore bondage fetish shoot, where you sort of mention that she's a superheroine. While the SuperDuperDiva Duo is a light fantasy, but with very little overt sexuality. Why not mix these things together -- while at the same time making the whole scenario even less "threatening"?

The funnest thing about superheroines is how seriously they take themselves - all the way from their outlandish costumes to their overblown dialogue. But maybe the villians don't take them quite as seriously. They don't really want to hurt cute women; they just want to show these arrogant show-offs who's the boss.

The costumes are important; they give the crimefighter confidence and a heroic identity. Therefore LOSING the costume is equally important. So that's what the villians should focus on. They could take the heroines' costumes (and with them all powers and self-confidence) and leave the girls helpless and naked, and perhaps in a humiliating predicament, from which they must escape, and sneak around in order to find their gear and recover some semblance of dignity.

Remember, escape is an important part of the genre, so don't just leave them squirming in chains indefinitely. And to keep the illusion going, don't strip them COMPLETELY naked; make sure and leave on the distinctive mask, gloves, boots, and whatever other accessories will help the audience always see her as a defrocked heroine, instead of just another random bondage victim.

I understand you'll want to stick with bondage devices, but let your imagination run wild. There're lots of superheroic themes you can explore with no additional props or special effects. Things like mind control, hypnotism, knockout gas, tricks and traps, etc... all the things that make comic books fun -- plus some EXTRA fun for an adult audience.

The main thing is keep on using your imagination. If you're having fun, then your audience probably will too. But if you follow any one fetish too far, you'll always end up with a smaller and ever more particular audience, who'll find something to nitpick no matter WHAT you do. If you don't keep trying to expand your horizons, you'll eventually go crazy. And no amount of money is worth that.
joser590
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Fix the costumes. The ones you have are horrible.
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

The costumes have to be more fancy, a cape and/or mask would help. Leg lovers like me also prefer heroines kicking with their thighs bare. You can improve on the bondage scenes by learning shibari(japanese bondage) or taking references from C Carter or even Batgirl from the old Batman series! And I have to say, most people(me included) are into the superheroine fetish not just to see them bound and helpless, but also humiliated. Give the heroine a strong will power and deliver defiant dialogue to not give in so easily; that makes things much more exciting. If you have all these I'm pretty much sold:)
Aszrael
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

What I like is the pantyhose, and I know know a lot here do as well..
I would recommend some Peavy tights or if you can afford. some Wolford tights.
Cecilia De Rafael is a very nice brand, something with a gusset, and shiny.

I would suggest also as many others have a nice costume. the more realistic the better.
You would make a great wonder woman character.

Once you get this all worked out then you need to look at some plots.
I'm a big fan of the freeze, meaning the heroine becomes inanimate and can't move. either permanently or until some condition is met.
I think a heroine being unable to move is more sexy than if you tied them up..
I'm sure some others would agree.

There are lots of ways to trap or trick a heroine into doing your bidding.
I like the ol bait and switch, where a heroine is baited with something or someone and tricked into giving up.
I also like some kind of power or essence transfer or drain for scientific reasons.
I saw a vid awhile back where one woman became super by eating super girls pussy..
Was very enjoyable.

The bottom line you need the right look then a good hook and lastly, how far do you want to go?
Full nudity? Penetration?

Nothing humiliates a heroine more than loosing a part of her costume and have her breasts or chooch exposed.
As a pantyhose fan I like seeing the gusset some cause it still covers and it's something that shouldn't be seen.

Read all these opinions carefully and find what suits you best and go with it and most of all have fun.
Everything will fall into place.

Laters
Asz
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I would echo many of the comments above but I would argue that a superheroine video can't be too silly...some lightheartedness and comedy can be fun but I prefer a semi serious approach overall.
After all many people enjoy the peril aspect and to pull that off well you need some serious acting rather than giggling.

The costumes are vital because unless you have a massive FX budget the costume is painting the picture of a superheroine, unles you can have bullets bouncing off her chest and she is seen throwing cars around then she wil just be a scantily clad model unless she is wearing a good costume.

I did not buy the superdupa diva duo because for a start the title put meoff, the trailer looked promising with that great setting but I can take or leave when gassing is the primary peril,..if there had been some fighting and shows or strength/vulnerability I would probably have takem a look.

I hope you make more videos though as I am sure you set nad models have great potential in the superheroine genre.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
Christina Carter
Producer
Producer

Hi Lisa!!

I have to admit I loved seeing my name in your post above :)... I'm blushing :)

I looked at your clipstore...I do agree with the back round change..it's a bit too busy. What kind of camera are you using? It looks like you may need an upgrade. It looks grainy. There are a lot of cheap HD cameras out there today, it won't cost you an arm and a leg so get one..people love quality.

You are unbelievably beautiful.. I really would like you to shoot for me.
Thats another thing, we just need to get your name out there ...you need to be seen. Do you ever get to LA? Are you going to Fetish Con this year??

SH fans like all different kinds of things, so you will never make them all happy...but we can try right?

When I think of SH vids I think..banter back and forth between hero's and villains, fights, captures, escapes..I only got to see the pre views of your clips but I didn't hear much going on anywhere.
Use that voice girl!! EVEN if your just struggling...give em' some uummpphhing :)..They like it.

Please...email [email protected] I would love to shoot with you and get your name out there.
I understand doing it for fun...but it's not bad to be making money from all your hard work too :)...so lets do it.

Christina
Last edited by Christina Carter 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Custom Requests or Feedback
Christina@ChristinaBound

Official Christina Carter Websites
http://www.christinabound.com
http://www.clips4sale.com/38975
http://www.clips4sale.com/60717

Follow Me on Twitter: @ChristinaBound
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

Azrael wrote:What I like is the pantyhose, and I know know a lot here do as well..
I would recommend some Peavey tights or if you can afford. some Wolford tights.
Cecilia De Rafael is a very nice brand, something with a gusset, and shiny.

I would suggest also as many others have a nice costume. the more realistic the better.
You would make a great wonder woman character.

Once you get this all worked out then you need to look at some plots.
I'm a big fan of the freeze, meaning the heroine becomes inanimate and can't move. either permanently or until some condition is met.
I think a heroine being unable to move is more sexy than if you tied them up..
I'm sure some others would agree.

There are lots of ways to trap or trick a heroine into doing your bidding.
I like the ol bait and switch, where a heroine is baited with something or someone and tricked into giving up.
I also like some kind of power or essence transfer or drain for scientific reasons.
I saw avid awhile back where one woman became super by eating super girls pussy..
Was very enjoyable.

The bottom line you need the right look then a good hook and lastly, how far do you want to go?
Full nudity? Penetration?

Nothing humiliates a heroine more than loosing a part of her costume and have her breasts or chooch exposed.
As a pantyhose fan I like seeing the gusset some cause it still covers and it's something that shouldn't be seen.

Read all these opinions carefully and find what suits you best and go with it and most of all have fun.
Everything will fall into place.

Laters
Asx
I like Pantyhose on certain types of Heroines but not on others.

For character based on Electra Woman And Dynagirl, or a Female Robin/Flambird, for them hose works.

But Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Mary Marvel, Spoiler Moon and the other Scouts or Fury(A forgotten Earth-Two character who was WWE's Daughter) I prefer Bare Legged.

For Batgirl or Batwoman or Wonder Girl there are different kinds they wear you can draw on. If WOnder girl's gonna wear the kind that's just a cheaper version of WWE's then she should be Bare Legged. The Batgirl Costume where she has a Skirt I'd also prefer her Barelegged.

With few exception I prefer bare Legs if the Heroine is wearing a Skirt, a Female Robin/Flamebird would be the only major exception.
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Wow what good advice from everyone! Even a note from Christina Carter herself! Great Hera!
Looks like I've got some work to do. I'll work on the background and costumes for sure.
We did originally try a fight scene in the SuperDuper series (sorry about the title, I was still wrestling with how silly to make it all, we were all giggling as we did it, maybe that's the problem!) but it just didn't look right, so we did the smoke/fog machine knockout instead.
For those of you recommending the Remote Control thing, I tried that also in the Christmas Toy set, but still it just didn't "sing" somehow. Maybe the previews don't do it justice.
I'll go back over your comments again, and discuss it with the girls. It was fun, so maybe we can chip in for at least one killer "real" costume and have another go.
One limitation several of you probably didn't know is that we had to cover Roxanne's face because she is recognizable. The rest of us aren't ready to do nudity yet, nor the overt sex stuff like masturbating. So that might be a limit I just can't get around. We just started doing this, though. Maybe later.:-)
I had thought about Fetish Con. Thanks, Christina, for offering. I'm thinking...
Lisa
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I made and attached some "capture frame" stills so you can see htem a bit better than the little flash previews in my store.

So is making captured Superheroines hop to escape, humiliation and degrading? How about when they notice the guys across the street are looking at them? OK, maybe not. It was humiliating in real life though! lol

That's Tessa in the sorta-Black-Canary outfit (and straightjacket - which really worked!) and Kendra in the silver/red body-suit and armbinder. We probably should have taped Tessa's "Bat-ears" back inside so it would look more like Black Canary? Tessa thought they were cute. But I can already tell "cute" may not cut it, eh?
Grabbed Frame 4.jpg
Grabbed Frame 4.jpg (150.26 KiB) Viewed 7609 times
Grabbed Frame 3.jpg
Grabbed Frame 3.jpg (178.69 KiB) Viewed 7609 times
Grabbed Frame 1.jpg
Grabbed Frame 1.jpg (167.97 KiB) Viewed 7609 times
Grabbed Frame 2.jpg
Grabbed Frame 2.jpg (177.11 KiB) Viewed 7609 times
kopema
Neophyte
Neophyte

lisa&friends wrote:we had to cover Roxanne's face because she is recognizable. The rest of us aren't ready to do nudity yet,
One good thing about superheroines is that the masks provide some degree of anonymity. But if you're going to have complete face and voice blackout, then that basically means no acting. Shoehorning a "superheroine" story into an otherwise standard hardcore bondage porno will likely confuse more pure bondage lovers than it will attract superheroine fans.

On the other hand, if you go totally cheesecake, then you're in for some stiff competition from people like this and this . Are you able to make that kind of investment?

Like I said before, there is a LOT of room in-between those two extremes. Christina Carter is in one niche, but there are plenty of other spots out there. You mentioned masturbation - that's not necessary; there's no need for either graphic sex or graphic violence. But if you're not willing to show your acting ability and your skin at the same time, then you've really got a tough roe to hoe.

Sorry if this seems too personal, but I absolutely ADORE shy women. No hardcore porn star in the world can act embarrassed; I'm not even sure most of them really know what that word means. If you can do that onscreen, especially while you're hamming it up and having a good time, then I'll gladly pay to see it!
Zen10101
Sargeant
Sargeant

lisa&friends wrote:I made and attached some "capture frame" stills so you can see htem a bit better than the little flash previews in my store.

So is making captured Superheroines hop to escape, humiliation and degrading? How about when they notice the guys across the street are looking at them? OK, maybe not. It was humiliating in real life though! lol
Wow I'm glad you're really taking the opinions of the posters here...I'm sure you'll make huge progress in no time =D>

The suits are much better in this one and the hotness of both gals are off the charts.

Hopping to escape actually doesn't seem degrading to me...to humiliate them I feel it's very important you have the supervillain in the picture. I think you can do that to their a)modesty and b)moral code/conduct. Or both. For modesty I mean mostly sexual like stripping, molestation, rape, or other ways to force them into sexual pleasure(crotch rope etc.). If you're not willing to go there you can have them beaten, tortured(with whips or electric jolts), or taunted by the bad guy when bound. Even tickling works for some people. Just my two cents :)
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

drh1966 wrote:No, I don't think you do. But don't feel bad, many female producers don't get it. They think guys just want to see girl on girl action, nudity, feet fetish, and as long as the girl is in a costume of some sort (some don't give this aspect any consideration at all), they think we will buy. There seems to be a big difference between how men and women view this fetish. The guys may have their own little kinks but the general idea is the same. Women see it very differently. There are very few female producers who understand it, it's just the difference in wiring.
Check out what other producers are doing and read other threads where videos are being discussed and you'll get an idea of what we are looking for. You can't please everybody, but maybe you'll find a good balance.
I dont think this is quite fair, there have been alot of female producers that have done well in this genre.

Darla, Vesta, Paris, and yes Christine Carter to name a few have all put out videos that i believe have done well in this genre. Chrisitine Carter is right, it's a super broad genre and they all have their little niche and focus. There are a few things that you can do that can appeal to the common denominator though.

A costume that looks like a superheroine helps. (The costume is what can make or break the video to appeal to the fantasy. If the actress doesnt look like a heroine, she's not going to be able to sell the video to the heroine genre audience)

An actual storyline never hurts. (For many, they're not looking for outright porn. They're looking for a particular fetish to be stroked, but a storyline has universal appeal for most people. Otherwise it might as well be softporn )

A clear direction to the appeal of your niche audience will help focus your niche. (Pick your niche and appeal to it shamelessly. If it's going to be bondage, make clips and vid captures highlighting such, and advertise shamelessly not just on the superheroine forums, but the bondage ones too.) If you've noticed your niche strength seems to be lingerie stuff, (grimace) maybe... make a heroine that uses that as a costume. I've seen a double trouble heroine known as 'Garter Girl', that personally makes me cringe but they've made a few so, someone must be buying them. Experiment a little and find your niche. Ask around in different forums like you did here and see what people are interested in. Just becareful not to cater to the 'special' interest which tend to be REALLY vocal but only account for a fraction of the dollars being spent in the market.

Til this post i've never heard of you guys, if i've never heard of you i'm obviously never going to buy from you.
kopema
Neophyte
Neophyte

Kitten wrote:If you've noticed your niche strength seems to be lingerie stuff, (grimace) maybe... make a heroine that uses that as a costume. I've seen a double trouble heroine known as 'Garter Girl', that personally makes me cringe but they've made a few so, someone must be buying them.
I could easily be wrong about this, but whenever I see stuff like that I usually assume it's just laziness on the part of the producer. It's like "Striperella", or a heroine who has "super anal powers" or something. Most producers have a fixed idea in their minds of what pornography should be, and then just slap a superhero logo on it - just like they come out with a half-dozen ever-so-witty single entendres for every hit movie title that comes out.

What fans want is pretty much the OPPOSITE of that. Someone like Linda Carter or Lucy Lawless, who can take the campiest, silliest situations imaginable and still manage to throw herself into the part completely. Someone who can take the material seriously, without taking herself too seriously. That probably gets ten times harder when you add nudity but hey, we can still dream can't we?
drh1966
Sargeant
Sargeant

Kitten wrote:I dont think this is quite fair, there have been alot of female producers that have done well in this genre...Darla, Vesta, Paris, and yes Christine Carter to name a few have all put out videos that i believe have done well in this genre.
A very few. And even then, it doesn't mean they get it. What they're getting out of it is probably very different than what a guy is. Based on Christina's own comments in different threads, she still doesn't get it. Her background seems to be more hard core S&M and bondage so doing something like Big Boss or any of the stuff she's done for Paragon probably seems boring and tame. A woman cannot possibly understand what makes us guys tick, and vice versa. It's just fundamental differences.
If you've noticed your niche strength seems to be lingerie stuff, make a heroine that uses that as a costume.
You just proved my point. A female perspective says lingerie is an acceptable substitute. Sorry, it's not.
Don't get me wrong, the more producers the better and I tip my hat to those who wish to share. But a male producer will give us more of what we want, the biggest limitations are his models.
"There's no feeling quite as exciting as that of having a helpless superheroine in your arms"
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Love it...especially the armbinders....those add in a ballgag and its a winner
knyght_16
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

One limitation several of you probably didn't know is that we had to cover Roxanne's face because she is recognizable. The rest of us aren't ready to do nudity yet, nor the overt sex stuff like masturbating. So that might be a limit I just can't get around.
Another great thing about superheroines is that you don't necessarily need to do nudity. Some fans just like watching them struggle while tied up. I'm a hypnosis fan, personally, and having a superheroine turned into a mind control slave is incredibly hot. You don't need to take off your clothes for that. You can also look at costume changes, such as a virtuous heroine being turned into an evil villainness and have a new outfit to show for it. Look around and you can find some examples of this. It will help you establish a fanbase without making the models do anything they're not comfortable with.
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

I prefer no Nudity, but I do want certain things that are blatantly sexual, mainly forced Orgasms.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

drh1966 wrote:You just proved my point. A female perspective says lingerie is an acceptable substitute. Sorry, it's not.
Don't get me wrong, the more producers the better and I tip my hat to those who wish to share. But a male producer will give us more of what we want, the biggest limitations are his models.
I'm just saying you have to do what makes you happy and decide if that's enough to sustain a bad path. I can think of more than a few male producers that make me wince and look at their stuff and consider it's a waste of talent. I'm not going to name names. Female producers do not have the monopoly on bad videos.

The truth is, the market is starting to get glutted with Super stuff videos meaning you have to be that much better and appealing to make a profit in it.

Double Trouble makes videos from commisision stuff and resells it publically.

SOMEONE commissioned garter girl, and i'm telling you.. a girl wouldnt be wasting their time and money to commission something like that. So that would make the producer...
madscientist
Neophyte
Neophyte

I dont think lingerie should be ruled out of a film entirely. The models are what draws my interest at first. I know a lot of producers frown on changing in and out of costumes because of time restraints, but I would like to see a model in both a superheroine costume and then change into lingerie in her alter ego, possible even a bikini. Who would turn their head if there was a beautiful blonde model in a tight corset and high heels that was hypnotized or in bondage. I always thought someone should also make up a duo of bikini clad superheroines, call them Miss Tropic, and Aloe Vera or Lady Coppertone and Australian Gold. I will stop there, I could go on forever.
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

For what it's worth, I can already address some of the points you helpful citizens have provided (I'm kidding a bit here)

We added lingerie because it's a proven seller & because Clips4Sale lists it as a catch-word. Much of what you see in everyone's store is based on that kind of thing. They know that if "lingerie" is in the description, it gets more traffic. Lots more traffic. Same with "bondage" & heels. "Capes" and "skirts" and some of the other themes mentioned, do not increase traffic (according to those that know, anyway).

Yes, we could add capes and skirts anyway, but that brings me back to ..just how much money to keep putting in to this. We all like doing it, but when it comes to buying things, when a lingerie clip sells many times more...

We do shoot in High-Def, 1080p in fact. Both the naked Roxanne and the SuperDuper sets were shot that way. But we can tell from the traffic that those don't seem to be actually purchased any more than standard def, and the standard def is much, much easier to edit and upload. Nevertheless, I now have a second High-Def (1080i anyway) camera to use, plus two standard defs. I'm learning this stuff faster than I thought I would, which is kind of cool.

The girls do like dialogue (except for Roxanne. The "deal" with her is that she doesn't want to show her face and doesn't like having to remember lines, so we came up with this idea where she stays gagged as much as possible. Believe it or not, she prefers it that way). Tessa & Kendra are such good friends they can really go with a story and ad lib perfectly. But the bigger problem, and I can tell this is true with the other producers, is that complex dialogue and direction can multiply the editing and shooting time. It goes from a Saturday afternoon project, to a Saturday, Sunday, Monday through the next two Fridays project. At some point quick, you have to not only think about paying the models, but the video guys and editor, all of whom are doing the work of building sets and editing video for hours or days, yet without the excitement of the sexy models bound and struggling before them. I can get free work for the shoot, but getting free work later is tough!

I can tell that pros like Christina have a group that do this well and are set up for it. We, though, have other jobs and are just trying to see if we can do this on the side with just enough money to make it worthwhile.

ALthough i described the laughing and giggling here, and it's in the outtake videos, for the "real" SuperDuperDuo set I edited out the silly stuff. Tessa & Kendra do take it seriously as they discuss how to escape the bondage and try to hop off. OK, the title is silly, sorry. And we could add more "peril" at the end. One of you suggested tickling. The same girls did the Bound Barrister series and for that we tried some real fear - we intentionally brought them to the warehouse while hooded and cuffed, then surprised them with loud power tools and tickling. Their squeals were genuine there. Maybe I can do that to them for Superhero stuff too.

We do have some great locations and models, so maybe we'll add some hypnotism, spruce up the costumes, and try again. A lot depends on our schedules, too.

We tried to do a fight scene but it just looked corny so we resorted to the smoke/fog, which was suggested by a custom requester fan.

Thanks again for everyone's input. It's been great reading these, and the private messages.

Lisa
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

I don't think being male as opposed to female is the problem. Allot of people doing these like say their fans of the characters, but with Wonder Woman it's always clear their drawing on the Lynda Carter show not the actual Comics, between the losing her powers if she looses the belt and having her wearing Pantyhose (Totally not like the comics) to the Capes they wear sometimes, and usually if there is a Wonder Girl with her she definitely seems like Drusilla, not Donna or Cassie.

All those things bug me a little bit as a comic book Nerd, but I still enjoy the videos.
Aszrael
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

How well can Roxanne stand still and not move? You can do a clip where she has been frozen and you have x amount of time to unfreeze her or it's permanent.
Can also add traps to it where other become frozen trying to find the solution with her being the first victim.
You can easily find a niche working with control and power issues that superheroines face.
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Thansk Azrael

Roxanne can stay still pretty well! (I'm guessing you mean unbound)

Is she to remain nude with the hood? She wore a black bodysuit in the first one, where she's later stripped naked and staked out on the ground with fishing line. Would you want her in the body suit? Maybe we're back to getting her a better costume and that takes me back to how much money do we want to put in to this.

A new model contacted me today. They like doing it. Maybe I can come up with a model with her own costume!

Still working on it

Thanks

Lisa
Aszrael
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Depends on the plot. if she is searching for something then clothing would be in order, but then if she's been abducted and collected and the collector likes nudity then that would be the way to go.
The idea is to be still and hold a pose.. one that is not taxing or strenuous.

This is where tights,pantyhose and unitards and leotards come in they make great uniforms.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

Last bit of advice...

Costume is important. Investing in a costume (that hopefully fits), might feel a little expensive but it'll go a long way to validating your video as a superheroine video if a readily identifable heroine costume is in use.

If you absolutely do not want to make the investment Plan B.

Swim suits, Leotards, and a few key accessories, to look 'super' can almost be the next best thing. Dont make it too 'busy' though. The costumes in use looked and felt a little 'busy' to me.

Christina Carters early Wunder Woman was a simple red bustier and blue thong with a stictched on white start on the panty and gold bracelets.
ImageImage
http://www.hypnoticsworld.com/galleries ... /kc1s3.jpg

A simple Supergirlish look is as simple as a blue Leotard on a blond (The Shakeshift method).
http://image.clips4sale.com/accounts010 ... ng_pic.jpg
http://image.clips4sale.com/accounts010 ... e_pic1.jpg

Do you think maybe it's over done? Maybe, but think about it. So many do it because theres a market for it.

Till you get a better feel for what works, immitate success.

Any (sexy) Halloween costume has reuse value at this point. If it's no good for use as a Superheroine, you can always reuse it for a villainess. A sexy witch... vampy vamp... unscrupulous nurse (examining heroines)... etc. What ever you have, work with it and slip it into the plot. A believeable costume can only help the video.

I render stuff, so 'the look' is important for drawing my attention. I struggle with the right 'look' too. Piecing stuff together and tweaking it a little to try and make the right superheroine look. If the heroine doesnt look like a heroine it wont draw more than a brief glance from me. Look at the videos that are a 'success' on this genre, the right 'look' is always present.
superheroinebabes
Overlord
Overlord

I agree. The RIGHT and TIGHT costume is CRITICAL. SHINY FOOTED TIGHTS and PANTYHOSE are CRUCIAL imo as well. If the costume ain't right the work suffers.
I Love sexy superheroines in skin tight spandex, leotards, catsuits, unitard, tights, pantyhose, masks, gloves, and boots! go to https://www.deviantart.com/darkshadevillain for more!
Superheroinegirl22
Sargeant
Sargeant

For certina Costume, for others like Wonder Woman and Supergirl I prefer Bare legs.
Kitten
Elder Member
Elder Member

(I keep thinking i'm done, and then i keep coming up with another thought... )

The model that doesnt like to show her face or recite dialogue...

Some suggestions.

1) Perhaps a mask or some such would make her less camera shy. A mask might help protect her 'secret' identity if it's a real life big deal. I recall Wren Adrews wore a mask for a LONG time because she didnt want her real life crossing over into this genre. It's a superheroine genre, it should be EASY to protect a secret identity, it's in the script.

2) If she doesnt like to recite dialogue, and the solution that seems to work is to simply gag her (cute solution by the way) extend it into the plot. Have her powers come from her voice. Perhaps she's a sorceress that needs to be able to speak to cast her spells and the bad guys gag her to keep her powerless. Maybe she has a powerful voice that can knock people out. Perhaps her voice is special and compels bad guys to do what she says. Maybe she's a brooding enigmatic heroine of few words (...like batman?)
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Ok I've been thinking this over. One of your members offered me a free catwoman outfit, and two have suggested plots. I can't ignore such generosity, so I'd like to make an offer. Please tell me if this won't work. Or maybe you have a better way to suggest.

1) I'll get the catwoman outfit.

2) We'll pick up with where SuperDuper left off (Tessa & Kendra hoping off trying to escape in some creative way supplied by you here on the forum.

3) You guys collaborate on your favorite "plot" or theme, something we can do and that you want to see.

4) when we're done, I'll tell you.

5) Then everyone that buys our SUperDuperCombined clip on Clips4Sale (or I guess I could change that to the nude Roxanne series if you'd rather, but not both, because Clips4Sale keeps up with sales#s per clips, which is why I'm doing this - you guys can tell me which series you'd rather it be), and lets me know via email that you've done so (I think you can supply an order number or something so I'll know it's you), gets a free copy of the new custom clip directly from me via usendit email.

6) that way you get a custom, with your preferred content, and more than twice the length than you've paid for via Clips4Sale,

7) I'd post some or all of the custom clip or clips, since it will probably be long, to my Clips store later. But you'd already have it, free.

8) to start, I'd have to have commitments from at least 20 people. (I'm betting that some will commit but not do it later)

Yes? No? Stupid? Let me know

Has anyone ever tried something like this? Did it work?

Lisa
MacTaylor
Neophyte
Neophyte

I'm a fan of your work. I really enjoy your clips and plan to order more. However, some of the comments above have been right. The backdrop on the store looks cluttered, and the order of the clips is a bit disorganized.

My one complaint from one specific clip I saw was that what seemed like the same exact scene was repeated twice, as if it was spliced in from a different cam.

Maybe, show more action and not the same from a different angle?
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Let me reply to MacTaylor

Yes, the background is cluttered. I'm working on it. I'd been putting it off so I could add shots of Tessa & Kendra, and two more models that I'm adding. I just didn't realize what a problem it was. Thanks (to you and the others) for making that point.

There are some clips where I've included footage from both cameras. If I catch something on both cameras, like when tessa & Kendra are jumping around in their first ever hogties as we set off the loud buzzsaws (they were blindfolded and didn't know that was coming), I just hated to throw any of that footage away. I figured it would be a plus for anyone buying that clip - they could see the same thing from different angles, like when Hollywood shows a fight scene in slo-mo from different angles. No? Ok maybe not. But at least I put in the description that we used two cameras and included all footage. I didn't realize that would be a negative for anyone. Maybe I should put the extra footage from second cameras in the outtakes only...?

We would like to show more action. We tried a fight scene in SuperDuperDuo 1, but it just didn't work. Maybe I'll put it in the outtakes so you guys can tell me if its salvageable.
almarsh2
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hi,

So I buy the first clip and pay nothing at all for the new clip? That offer sounds good. I like the pictures from the clip, more of the same would be good!

I'd like to see a knock out from a hit over the head, classic comic style. Also I'd like to see something like the pattern cutter in batman - heroine tied to table and a saw peril :)
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Yes, that's right. Buy the one clip and you get the custom free!
I made a note of what you want in the custom.
Thanks for the compliment!
We need a few more to commit so I can call the gang together on this.
Maybe I should re-post the offer as a new thread?

Lisa
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

"PS" - we can do the table and saw peril. In fact you may have noticed in Bound Barristers 4 we almost did it. I had Tessa & Kendra both in the first hogties, blindfolded & gagged, on the table. Then we cranked up the table saws (which they didn't know was coming). For the superhero clip we could easily strap them, or me, on the table and get the saw in it. Yes.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Oh God yes tie them to the saw...wow.....wait to ballgag them until after they realize they are on the table and its almost too late....lol....they will love it!
almarsh2
Neophyte
Neophyte

I didn't notice you almost did a saw peril - that would be so cool! Not sure how it could fit into a story - perhaps the villain wants the heroines cut up to get rid of the evidence?

A new thread would be good - didn't realise you were offering an offer to get basicly a free custom at all!
GMan2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever seen you or your work. :oops: Also have to say.......WOWWWWW!!! I loved it. :D The SuperDuperDiva vid. looks, from the preview, like it could be fun. I love the use of the warehouse. It sure beats the ALWAYS over used motel rooms. So that particular change of scenery is awesome. I also liked the silver costume...though as a boot lover, I would have preferred to see her in a high heeled pair of boots. OTK's or Knee high....My personal preferences. :D

So just finding your store is a huge win in my eyes....I cannot critique any of your material as I have not seen any of it yet....but it looks promising. And now with getting your name and your store "out there"....hopefully we'll get to know you more as well. :D
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Well this is really encouraging! Perhaps folks just aren't seeing us.

We did ballgag Tessa & Kendra before hitting the loud buzz saws. It was really cool. THat was genuine flopping around in fear on that little table they were hogtied on! (That's why I included views from both cameras)

Unfortunately it wasn't a superhero clip, they were Bound Barristers. But I could do something similar with them, add ballgags and saws. In fact, they end the SuperDuper set (the 3rd clip), hoping off in straightjackets & armbinders. We'd already planned to have them not escape, but be found by a formerly good Heroine who had been hypnotized into being a bad heroine, which the SUperDuperDuo do not realize until they are then grabbed and ballgaged, while trying to ask for help from the heroine they thought was good.

So maybe it wasn't a total loss,.. we just don't know how to get the word out yet.

I met with a new model Friday. She is a competitive fitness model, meaning a bit more "cut" and "defined" than the rest of us. She wants to be She-Hulk. Would that be a plus?

Lisa
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Last edited by batgirl1969 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
lisa&friends
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Ooh, good Tina! Thanks for that.

Kendra agreed to show her face! Better yet, (maybe) Tessa agreed to show her DD breasts! I told her that wasn't necessary, but some of you seemed to like the idea.

And we're shooting some customs this Sunday the 3rd. Unfortunately they're part of the popular Bound Barrister series, but I hope we soon can get enough commitments from the superhero fans to do some of these great ideas, like Tina's!

Thanks

Lisa
Unmaskee
Henchman
Henchman

For me what I'd want is unmasking but done clearly. Most of the time unmasking is done wrong for my taste. I want the eye holes of the mask to be slid up over the forehead and then off. Nice and clear, shot from the front. It doesn't work so well done quickly or forwards or with the bottom of a mask (chin strap for example) lifting the mask off. If the chin strap has to be moved, get that to slide up the face as well with the mask removed by being grasped from the top.

With batgirl 60s style, I've yet to see a really good unmasking. Tracy Jordan is closest so far. I'm sure it's difficult with the clip under the hair so surely that can be undone as part of the unmasking. If it was followed by a de-wigging as well that's perhaps even better.

Also I like the superheroine to be fully aware of what's happening to them, for them to feel the humility of it all.

I'm not sure how many people like to think of themselves in the dominating role in this situation for the 'turn on' but for me it's the empathy with the superheroine that is key. To feel her vulnerability, to feel pathetic and defeated. I want to feel that myself.
sign4deaf
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Whatever advice you take or ignore, please do one thing: Keep On Trying!!!

You have a variety of beautiful and talented on-screen performers. And you all share a willingness to make quality videos. So with that alone you're so far ahead of the pack of the masses of us that wish we could be doing what you are.

Invest: good camera/equipment; better and more varied locations/sets. Bottom line, by increasing the quality of your product, you'll sell more. And for God's sake, don't be afraid to get PAID for your hard work.

And don't be afraid to try something new. The best praise as a writer I got from the almighty Shakeshift (may he live forever) was that I gave him a script with something new in it; he and his performers were tired of doing the same old things. Don't be intimidated by memorizing actual scripted dialogue to be mixed in with improvisation. My talent lay in writing and I'd be happy to send you tons of my stuff to give you some ideas.

But again, please don't give up. It would be a true shame to see such talent and enthusiasm be wasted.
Can't move... This device... holding me by my... sheer tights... has me powerless!