Does Custom = Getting Screwed For Sure ??

General discussions about superheroines!
badgirlsrule
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

HeroineLegends wrote:@ Cape and Boots: I do wonder why you have posted so many questions on this forum then turn it into a very negative thread. No one is attacking you.

Your question had to do with being the writer of a custom order and then receiving royalties from that script. But that is not what a custom is. I am following everything you say and giving you advice from a producer's standpoint. Not every producer, just one.

If you didn't want the answer or feedback, then I do wonder why you asked the question. No one said customs are a pain in the ass. That was inferred by you. What I stated was that customs are a lot of fun and a big part of what we do, but adhering to a script can be troublesome on our side.

You've never seen this in any other type of business because this isn't like any other type of business. This is a niche. Composed of people with a similar interest. And you are trying to intertwine being a screenwriter with being the buyer of a custom. They are not the same thing. We employ screenwriters. When we get scripts for custom orders, they are 100% of the time rewritten - as another poster above mentioned.

Some of the other guys posting on here are not trying to be a-holes or start a fight as you suggest. They are answering your thread question and for some reason, you are taking offense to it and "arguing" back.

As to your comment of "NEVER" commissioning a film with me - after this thread, I am probably better off. I have never intentionally declined a custom order - it constitutes about 60-70% of the films we create. But with your negative attacks to people simply contributing to your thread, it would be wise not to engage in a custom order with you. Professionally speaking.

Please do not reply with another negative attack towards the producers on this board. This is meant to be a fun, collaborative community and none of us are here to fight or argue with the viewers who support us. Most of us are supportive of each other because we are all here for the same reason - regardless of whether we have a fetish for this market or simply enjoy it in one way or another. ;)

I NEVER posted with the desire to get money. That is your understanding;
no matter how much I try to explain to you.

I suggested a future alternative way of doing things. A thinking point.
Not.. I want money. That is how you have taken my posts.

As I say.. you really have not followed what I am talking about.

It is insulting to tell me to buy a camera, hire actors etc etc.

And on what other thread am I "attacking" anyone, or being negative ?
Please enlighten me.

I am not anti-producer as you keep inferring.

But I have encountered an arrogant attitude by several producers, posting
here and on other threads.. A looking down on custom customers.

A handful. Not all. I've also met some very nice & professional producers
here.

You and other producers should take note. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

How many customers are going to be talked down to, then hand you their money ?

If I feel disrespected, or held as an inferior; of course I will go elsewhere.
I am not going to beg anyone to take my money !

You and your friends wouldn't want to take a custom from me ?
That's okay. I can live with that.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

@Cape and Boots: no, I would not take a custom from you. Most of my custom orders are repeat customers. If I "talked down" to them, there would not be a return from them. I love my fans and viewers and our actresses do as well.

If you're unsure of where we can gather your negative inferences, simply reread the posts you've written above. It started out as a simple question then turned into some sort of backlash toward producers because at some point, you became unhappy with the responses from producers.

No producer here was attacking you or saying they hate their customers. That's a very ignorant thing to say. And if it's insulting to tell you to get a camera to film when you're saying you feel you should get money for your scripts, then I guess every producer here should be insulted because that is what they all have done.

Do yourself a favor and play nice here. Again, no one, not even myself, is attacking you. But some of your posts have been pretty harsh against the community.
Leadpoison
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote: Do yourself a favor and play nice here. Again, no one, not even myself, is attacking you. But some of your posts have been pretty harsh against the community.
:thumbup:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Leadpoison wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote: Do yourself a favor and play nice here. Again, no one, not even myself, is attacking you. But some of your posts have been pretty harsh against the community.
:thumbup:
That is one f***ing sexy avatar. I think I might make that costume happen. :)
badgirlsrule
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

HeroineLegends wrote:
And if it's insulting to tell you to get a camera to film when you're saying you feel you should get money for your scripts, then I guess every producer here should be insulted because that is what they all have done.

Why don't you understand !!!!

I never said I wanted money for scripts. Never.

For some reason.. you just don't want to understand my words.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

In your first post you said

I should have the right to distribute it any way I like,
and enjoy any revenue earned as a result

Surely implicit in that last line is you earning money from your script?

Thats how I took it anyways. If not what did you mean?
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
badgirlsrule
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

tallyho wrote:In your first post you said

I should have the right to distribute it any way I like,
and enjoy any revenue earned as a result

Surely implicit in that last line is you earning money from your script?

Thats how I took it anyways. If not what did you mean?

Yes. At that time, my outlook was different.

Even then, I didn't say I wanted revenue, I just didn't understand
why I couldn't try to make some IF I wanted to.

That was before I understood what a custom was.

If you look at my subsequent posts, you see I changed my opinion as I
learnt more and more.

And if you look at the very recent post I left, you see I am primarily talking
about how writers feel. That's pretty much all I was trying to put over.

I talk about revenue only as a future development in the custom system.
That's why I say: It would be nice to get a few peanuts for us writers..

"Would be nice". Not.. "I want revenue".

Certain people keep talking about that idea only, because it
upsets them.

They completely ignore the rest of what I said..
about name credit, which I think I spent equal energy on.

They refuse to see I am talking in a "what if" sense.

Too many responses are being made from people, who
refuse to even think about the future; or who decide to take
what I say as something completely different to what
I'm actually saying.

I can't communicate with people who refuse to communicate.

I personally think that this thread has outlived its use now.

If I had my way.. I'd delete the whole thing.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote: Still a tool. You are one producer who continually mocks another. You understand how that makes you look, right?
:blind: You mean like a walking stick leading the blind (you) anywhere I want! :lol:

Producer?! What!? I was so sure I wasn't a producer anymore! :sleepy: :tv: This is very exciting. Gimme a sec. ...

Darn, I was so hoping I was still a producer, but I checked the Latest Superheroine Releases and nothing. Going all the way back, not one promo for a video, comic, or whatever that I produced and was selling. How disappointing. Oh well, moving on...

Still a Logan Cross. Hey, did you know the insult 'tool' has a meaning? So who is it you think is using me as a tool? Whoever you think it is, you're wrong. Wrong as usual. I speak for myself. No, wait, maybe I'm the tool of Jason Hunter, sockpuppet extraordinaire! Crafty devil! :jacko:
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

@ Cape_and_Boots

Your writing voice seems familiar. Did you used to post on Lorelei's bondage forum way back when as msdubay?
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv: