Warning: Do not send any money to Ashley Graham.

General discussions about superheroines!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Hmm well there are people here who are ranting, calling her names, talking about beating her up, calling her a liar and a cheat, demanding action against her... yeah I would imagine she's a bit nervous about responding. The beating up threats were out of line and that pretty much handed her an excuse not to respond. By all means point out she did not deliver but conjecture into conspiracies etc is just muddying the waters.

"There are horrible people who, instead of solving a problem, tangle it up and make it harder to solve for anyone who wants to deal with it. Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:Hmm well there are people here who are ranting, calling her names, talking about beating her up, calling her a liar and a cheat, demanding action against her... yeah I would imagine she's a bit nervous about responding. The beating up threats were out of line and that pretty much handed her an excuse not to respond. By all means point out she did not deliver but conjecture into conspiracies etc is just muddying the waters.

"There are horrible people who, instead of solving a problem, tangle it up and make it harder to solve for anyone who wants to deal with it. Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Well, Ashley told Jewel Evans that she was aware of the thread on the day it was posted. That was four days before the joke about violence.

Besides, Ashley's response to her customers should not be affected in any way by the comments posted by other forum members.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:Hmm well there are people here who are ranting, calling her names, talking about beating her up, calling her a liar and a cheat, demanding action against her... yeah I would imagine she's a bit nervous about responding. The beating up threats were out of line and that pretty much handed her an excuse not to respond. By all means point out she did not deliver but conjecture into conspiracies etc is just muddying the waters.

No, I'm sorry, that doesn't wash.

There was a grand total of ONE post threatening violence, and it was a very obvious joke. Even so, I'm pretty pissed off about that post. It really dilutes the argument and gives Ashley ammunition for a bullshit excuse like the one you are making for her here. It was a stupid, irresponsible post and in very bad taste and if I could go back in time and stop richpartist from posting it, I would.

As for the other name-calling, it's probably not very constructive, but every word of it is true and justified and ignoring it doesn't make it untrue.

In any case, that's all the more reason for her to address the problems instead of ignoring them. If she had any real good-faith interest in repairing the damage to her reputation, it would be incredibly simple and easy to do so. She has not, as far as I can tell, made even the slightest attempt to do so.

If I were running a business and people were saying these things about me, I would do whatever I could to make it right. The fact that Ashley continues to ignore this thread and her customers makes me pretty sure she has consciously decided to screw us (and not in a good way).

It seems to me like a staggeringly bad business decision, but it's her decision to make. It's the same decision Kithos made (which Ashley condemned at the time) and where's her business now?

Finally... I completely fail to see the significance of that Nietzsche quote. No one here is making it harder for Ashley to fix the problem. If she wants to fix the problem, it's as simple as sending me a refund. If she is unable to do so, then an e-mail with an explanation would go a long way toward quelling some of the anger. If she can't do that, then a simple twitter post assuring us that she is aware of our concerns and will respond to them would, at least, be something. But she has done none of that. None. She has made no effort whatsoever in spite of being directly contacted by at least three people she knows personally.

There is no rational explanation for her behavior that I can think of that could possibly excuse it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote:There is no rational explanation for her behavior that I can think of that could possibly excuse it.
People are aware of the situation. Speculation does not help the situation. If she doesn't respond then don't do business with her. If she does fix things then OK.

And I was quoting Nietzsche to be all elite and shit.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

If she doesn't respond don't do business with her!? That just sounds like you're saying 'take your losses and move on and it's ok'. I could be wrong but I thought Tiednteez dropped a few hundred dollars on her that he's probably not going to get back?! I'm sure he doesn't feel it's that easy. It's safe to assume he and not too many people are going to do business with her again after this anyway, but it's probably easier said than done to just let it go and do nothing. Even if she does try to resolve this and either refund the monies or delivers the product, who in their right mind would trust her!? She has no incentive at this point to do the right thing.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

avenger wrote:If she doesn't respond don't do business with her!? That just sounds like you're saying 'take your losses and move on and it's ok'. I could be wrong but I thought Tiednteez dropped a few hundred dollars on her that he's probably not going to get back?! I'm sure he doesn't feel it's that easy. It's safe to assume he and not too many people are going to do business with her again after this anyway, but it's probably easier said than done to just let it go and do nothing. Even if she does try to resolve this and either refund the monies or delivers the product, who in their right mind would trust her!? She has no incentive at this point to do the right thing.
I honestly believe an apology and the three outstanding refunds would go a long way. It may take a long time (or some sort of security) before anyone orders a custom again, but at least Ashley would be able to use the forum to promote any SH stuff on her clips4sale store.

I know it's a completely different situation, but KnightsofGotham managed to restore a lot of goodwill in a studio which had a history of arguments on this forum.

http://superheroineforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=23442
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

avenger wrote:If she doesn't respond don't do business with her!? That just sounds like you're saying 'take your losses and move on and it's ok'. I could be wrong but I thought Tiednteez dropped a few hundred dollars on her that he's probably not going to get back?! I'm sure he doesn't feel it's that easy. It's safe to assume he and not too many people are going to do business with her again after this anyway, but it's probably easier said than done to just let it go and do nothing. Even if she does try to resolve this and either refund the monies or delivers the product, who in their right mind would trust her!? She has no incentive at this point to do the right thing.

Please do not argue a strawman.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I'm not arguing with you or anyone here, straw or otherwise....I'm just voicing my disgust for what's happening to a few people here. For the record, I was never burned by Ashley and only ever bought one movie from her, which I kind of liked. The point here is a few people paid hundreds of dollars for a product that they probably won't receive, and they have a right to be angry, as I'm sure you would be Mr. X if it happened to you. I've seen your posts about your work being put up on other sites and I know you don't appreciate that. I don't think there's a person in here who just aimlessly throws their hard-earned money out the window and doesn't care if they ever see it again. Maybe I shouldn't be taking it so personally, but I can't help but feel sorry for the folks who got burned by her. It's just not cool, no matter how you try to rationalize it.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm not defending her. I am saying tons of speculation isn't helping.
ttb51m
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

i concur,,,no one stands by an allows themselves to be accused of something that isnt true, names may be juvinille but no less applicable, when an adjective fits, you can freely use it, and i also dont see where conjecture or assumptions come into play here, the original post was tienteez paid money for a product the product was not delivered money was not returned hence thief, fraud, liar, no mud no false intel and bad commo just facts and then ontop of it some of her peer group tried to intervene and she made it worse,,,please tell me where the miss cue is, im glad he had a forum to put out the info to prevent others from being victims of what appears to be a new tactic for her and it was working till the word got out,,,,too bad it didnt come out 6 months ago when these people knew something was wrong but gave the benifit of the doubt, the simple way to handle this is realize you arent going to get what u paid for or your money back, im sorry but you wont but take solace in knowing that you did prevent her from doing it 20 more times to 20 more people, you and the others she stole from has done that and you are thanked and appreciated.
she doesnt owe u and explination or a reason, she only owed you the custom or your money back
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

This is all on her, no need to make excuses for her at all, we are beyond benefit of the doubt at this point and she owes people a lot of money or some form of communication after this amount of time. She doesn't need to answer in the forum, she needs to contact them via personal email and give them an explanation.

No one is speculating anything. Money was paid for services which have obviously not been provided for a very long and unreasonable amount of time. It is time to pay up or offer an explanation. Just letting people twist in the wind when their hard earned money on the line is inexcusable.
JMH Gotham
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

Gentlemen, arguing among ourselves is not going to see this to any kind of resolution. I think it is pretty safe to say that ashley is lying about haveing the videos on her laptop. That being said, can any of the actresses you all selected for your various customs confirm that they did indeed film the videos? Their testimony could really lend our grievances with Ashley even more weight.

In the case of Heroin Addict and myself the actress we chose KatePXEpowers seems to have fallen off the grid. I sent her an email but never got a response. So that plus Ashley refundingHeroine Addict leads me to believe ours is not on her laptop. It's a shame really. It was a good script.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

JMH Gotham wrote:Gentlemen, arguing among ourselves is not going to see this to any kind of resolution. I think it is pretty safe to say that ashley is lying about haveing the videos on her laptop. That being said, can any of the actresses you all selected for your various customs confirm that they did indeed film the videos? Their testimony could really lend our grievances with Ashley even more weight.

In the case of Heroin Addict and myself the actress we chose KatePXEpowers seems to have fallen off the grid. I sent her an email but never got a response. So that plus Ashley refundingHeroine Addict leads me to believe ours is not on her laptop. It's a shame really. It was a good script.
As far as I know, Ashley didn't respond to the claim at all. That appears to be why PayPal settled in my favor.

I won't speculate as to whether our video was shot other than to say that I have seen no evidence whatsoever of its existence. (Even though I requested screen caps on several occasions.) Nor did I see any evidence she purchased the costume which was reported as being on "back order" for months, despite being items which anyone could get delivered in under a week from eBay or Amazon.

As for other models, it's interesting that TIEnTEEZ's choice of model was accused of theft by Ashley. So it seems extremely unlikely that video ever went ahead, regardless of whether the girl really stole the fee.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

So just curious, but has anyone who was hosed by Ashley heard anything about their movie or refund?
tuxjar
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

avenger wrote:So just curious, but has anyone who was hosed by Ashley heard anything about their movie or refund?
She said she would send me a screenshot a week ago, but I haven't heard anything.

I'm just going to accept my money is in all likelihood gone and let the subject drop. If it turns out I'm wrong then I'll make sure to let this board know.
avenger
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

:thumbsdown: sucks man, sorry to hear that
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

OK Im not entirely comfortable with having producer bashing threads on this forum, especially when others who weren't affected start piling on. I acknowledge that you have a right to your opinion and i also realize these threads are going to happen from time to time. I do hope you all get resolution. For now, I'm going to lock this up.

Please update with another thread if you do get things resolved.