Behind-the-Scenes

General discussions about superheroines!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Just curious to see how many of you are interested or watch behind-the-scenes videos - not sure if you're aware, but we try to be very proactive with the community and even our actresses are very involved... we post BtS Videos on our YouTube Channel very frequently including one from today's shoot:

[youtube][/youtube]
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Love it! I actually hunt for this type of stuff often. Loving seeing what goes into a scene the people behind it. I also LOVE bloopers!
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I agree,love behind the scenes stuff and I agree that producers don't offer enough of this kind of stuff.I guess they figure people don't want to see how the sausage is made as they say.I would love to see a behind the scenes with a Samantha video that included bloopers :) I WOULD buy that for sure.
Ripper1
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I have a couple of your BTS videos & to may they are great , you get to see the fun times when they include bloopers, & it shows a little more personality of everyone at times.

I still remember the laugh I got when I saw the part where Doomsday & SG went to for lunch, that must have really been a hilarious times at moments :)
can just imagine, doomsday excuse me but is there any Glutton in that meal WAGGA WAGGA
I am & would be interested in Bloopers & BTS videos, especially if they came like package deals :)
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

I like them too but tend to only buy the ones featuring my favourite heroines/actress and when I have a bit of spare cash as there are always new releases and customs to eat up my pennies LOL!

I am just one payday away from buying the SvE 4 behind the scenes mainly for Heather as Skyhawke and Kristina who look sgreat in every role she plays.
Creator of - Cobalt - Swiftstrike - Lady Death and more
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

rayman wrote:I like them too but tend to only buy the ones featuring my favourite heroines/actress and when I have a bit of spare cash as there are always new releases and customs to eat up my pennies LOL!

I am just one payday away from buying the SvE 4 behind the scenes mainly for Heather as Skyhawke and Kristina who look sgreat in every role she plays.
The bts is for #3, not 4 ;)
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Thanks Logan I was gettig confused, Ep 3 has the awesome scene where Skthawke is hit by an arrow and that is the footage I wil be gettin but also Ep 4 of it becomes available.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

We haven't really done too many Behind-the-Scenes videos lately because the interest doesn't seem to be that high on the purchasing side. I do the little videos and photos on our social media pages (like Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theSuperheroines) hoping that the community and fans feel more involved. I know the actresses like feedback and input and they watch the Facebook page, so I'm just putting it out there to LIKE and SHARE the page and be more a part of what we're doing... plus we run contests and give away discounts, etc through there more than anywhere else...
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I think add them to the feature and not have them as a separate video.
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Richpartist wrote:I think add them to the feature and not have them as a separate video.
I second this. I don't think I would buy a behind the scenes for a Hollywood blockbuster let alone a fetish film, but that being said I will pay for the "special edition" to have this content for the few extra bucks. So in a weird way I DO pay for it, just not by itself.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Yeah, I wouldn't just throw it into a film since it costs me money to have someone there to film bts footage... I'm just seeing the general interest for it to continue creating them. If there's no interest, I'll just not waste the time and money to make them :)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Its nice to see the actresses get interviewed like you do already actually.Just MORE and longer interviews..........like with...........oh I don't know..lets just say the first name off the top of my head...........mmmmm......Samantha!! :)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Samantha is like a drug Logan..............I need..me some more Samantha man..............quick.......dude.! :)
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Intellectually... I find the idea of a behind-the-scenes look interesting. But in reality, I never actually watch any of them. Including this one. :)
kingles
Sargeant
Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't just throw it into a film since it costs me money to have someone there to film bts footage... I'm just seeing the general interest for it to continue creating them. If there's no interest, I'll just not waste the time and money to make them :)
I think maybe try offering BTS videos in a bundle...like with the photo sets. This kind of ties in to what HeroineFall84 said. If you take SVE3 for example...The film is $22.99, the photo set is $12.99, the BTS video is $11.99, and the film & photo set bundle is $29.99. So you can get the photo set for $7, but you have to pay full price for the BTS video. If a film & BTS bundle was offered for say $28.99, a lot more people might give it a go.

That was just an example...I wouldn't really change the prices for that particular film because I already bought it. :laugh: However, you could try that on a future release or two. If you aren't able to recoup your extra expenses for making it, you'll know pretty quickly I'd think.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

kingles wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote:Yeah, I wouldn't just throw it into a film since it costs me money to have someone there to film bts footage... I'm just seeing the general interest for it to continue creating them. If there's no interest, I'll just not waste the time and money to make them :)
I think maybe try offering BTS videos in a bundle...like with the photo sets. This kind of ties in to what HeroineFall84 said. If you take SVE3 for example...The film is $22.99, the photo set is $12.99, the BTS video is $11.99, and the film & photo set bundle is $29.99. So you can get the photo set for $7, but you have to pay full price for the BTS video. If a film & BTS bundle was offered for say $28.99, a lot more people might give it a go.

That was just an example...I wouldn't really change the prices for that particular film because I already bought it. :laugh: However, you could try that on a future release or two. If you aren't able to recoup your extra expenses for making it, you'll know pretty quickly I'd think.
I see what you guys are saying. It wouldn't work with most of our films anymore though because we do a photo shoot for every film we do and already have that Bundle - there was Cyrus 3 and another film or 2 where there was no Photo Set where we created a Bundle offer... anyway, I'll just leave the BtS videos be. Thanks for all the feedback!!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

[youtube][/youtube]
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Can't wait for this release I lurve Moonstar, Tiffany is ultra sexy as this character and she was brilliant in SvE2
Ripper1
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

I just want to add one thing to your productions that I really think you are raising the level of complexity too the videos
Your addition of effects, Totally Great stuff, you use enough to sell the fact that these are super powered being, on the other side of that , maybe its just me & my own preference, but the use of the (I am guessing the effects) possible the twitch effect whenever there is a punch or kick landed is very nice, but I for one like to see a hit really land, with out that effect :)
I am an rookie myself & experimenting with different ways to make affects on videos myself, & just a thought but possible maybe keep footage regular & mask the body around the fist/foot to give that impression of deep impact.

but in the end I love the amount & the use of where you add them so far, KEEP UPTHE FANTASTIC WORK

CHEERS
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Again,you have the most GORGEOUS women working for you Logan :) Takes my breath away every time.
Caniac89
Sargeant
Sargeant

Definitely enjoy the behind the scenes stuff, thanks for sharing.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Caniac89 wrote:Definitely enjoy the behind the scenes stuff, thanks for sharing.
Then it's worth posting it :)
Ripper1
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

ok this is a little off topic but kind of in the same catagory I guess,
I am referring to the photo sets that you offer with some film productions
1st I have a couple my self & They are fabulous, only thing is the file sizes,
I realize you are offering HD Digital photos & they are, but also being that I am recent graduate of a Graphic design course I also realize that these same photos can be edited down to a much lesser size, since you do state that the photos are slightly touched up & watermarked, I mean why not use the other parts of photoshop & condensce them some cases almost half that of what you have them & you will not notice any difference in end quality.
I say this because I have take the couple of set I have & done just that, turned a photo set that took up almost 500 MB & it now only takes a little over 300 MB
rayman
Overlord
Overlord

Ripper1 wrote:I just want to add one thing to your productions that I really think you are raising the level of complexity too the videos
Your addition of effects, Totally Great stuff, you use enough to sell the fact that these are super powered being, on the other side of that , maybe its just me & my own preference, but the use of the (I am guessing the effects) possible the twitch effect whenever there is a punch or kick landed is very nice, but I for one like to see a hit really land, with out that effect :)
I am an rookie myself & experimenting with different ways to make affects on videos myself, & just a thought but possible maybe keep footage regular & mask the body around the fist/foot to give that impression of deep impact.

but in the end I love the amount & the use of where you add them so far, KEEP UPTHE FANTASTIC WORK

CHEERS
On the point about "deep impact" have you watched SvE2?
There is a scene where Moonstar takes some breast punches and a solid stomach punch whilst she is still unvulnerable and they ae great shots, also when she is first hit in her weakened state there is a punch to her midsection just under her ribs which is a stunning shot which shows how these films are constantly progressing with what and how they do things even though they are already one of if not the best overall quality producers around., in my totally biased opinion of courde LOL!
Did I mention I love Lady Wonder and Moonstar?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Ripper1 wrote:ok this is a little off topic but kind of in the same catagory I guess,
I am referring to the photo sets that you offer with some film productions
1st I have a couple my self & They are fabulous, only thing is the file sizes,
I realize you are offering HD Digital photos & they are, but also being that I am recent graduate of a Graphic design course I also realize that these same photos can be edited down to a much lesser size, since you do state that the photos are slightly touched up & watermarked, I mean why not use the other parts of photoshop & condensce them some cases almost half that of what you have them & you will not notice any difference in end quality.
I say this because I have take the couple of set I have & done just that, turned a photo set that took up almost 500 MB & it now only takes a little over 300 MB
I used to. Then people complained. They wanted a larger file size. The photos are reduced in Photoshop during touch-ups to 40% of their original size now. When I did smaller, I got constant complaints that the photos were not large enough. Since last year, this is the first "complaint" about the Photo Sets at the new size - but this was the reason for this file size.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

The thing about "deep impact" you have to keep in mind is that I'm obviously not going to ask for every hit to be actually taken by these girls. Especially since we film every day. The camera motion on impact is a style I created and is not done in post, but rather during filming-- like the camera shaking in Star Trek... it's called a practical effect. I don't do it on every hit and I allow certain hits to be sold and actually done without camera jerk on insert shots.. but it's a styling choice as well as helping the viewer engage in the scene and help the actresses with the connections from the hits. You'll see a mix up from both... I personally prefer it (which makes sense since I do it) over the camerawork being boring and stagnant. It helps with the action. :)
Ripper1
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

by HeroineLegends » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:44 am
The thing about "deep impact" you have to keep in mind is that I'm obviously not going to ask for every hit to be actually taken by these girls. Especially since we film every day. The camera motion on impact is a style I created and is not done in post, but rather during filming-- like the camera shaking in Star Trek... it's called a practical effect. I don't do it on every hit and I allow certain hits to be sold and actually done without camera jerk on insert shots.. but it's a styling choice as well as helping the viewer engage in the scene and help the actresses with the connections from the hits. You'll see a mix up from both... I personally prefer it (which makes sense since I do it) over the camerawork being boring and stagnant. It helps with the action. :)
I can see your point about having the girls go through that kind of punishment, I will also agree with the reasoning behind your choices of shooting style fits very well with what you are producing, & in No way am I asking for you change, unless of course I manage to drop into a pile of money & order a Custom myself lol.
I only brought it up as I have been following your works since you started this adventure & have just thought I would bring this little detail up. I will of course admit to an extent That I love what you do here TOO, hope I didn't come across as picky, with technology these days, there is so much that can be done, sometimes it is over used, I would also like to also say that you are not one of them :yahoo:

You use things in the right places & at the right times for that I thank you. :hmmm: I also should send you a little apology as the whole photo set thing well that was actually another Producer after reading your reply I looked again & your photos for the size are very respectfully done both in quality & in file Size, Next time I"ll double check my position before hitting the keyboard :w00t:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

[youtube][/youtube]
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

LOVE this behind the scenes videos :) That yogurt is everywhere!
Sams here!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) and Lindsay :)
More proff that you have the most gorgeous women working for you(including Amanda)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Ripper1 wrote:I can see your point about having the girls go through that kind of punishment, I will also agree with the reasoning behind your choices of shooting style fits very well with what you are producing, & in No way am I asking for you change, unless of course I manage to drop into a pile of money & order a Custom myself lol.
I only brought it up as I have been following your works since you started this adventure & have just thought I would bring this little detail up. I will of course admit to an extent That I love what you do here TOO, hope I didn't come across as picky, with technology these days, there is so much that can be done, sometimes it is over used, I would also like to also say that you are not one of them :yahoo:

You use things in the right places & at the right times for that I thank you. :hmmm: I also should send you a little apology as the whole photo set thing well that was actually another Producer after reading your reply I looked again & your photos for the size are very respectfully done both in quality & in file Size, Next time I"ll double check my position before hitting the keyboard :w00t:
We always accept feedback because that's how we grow and get better! :)

And I was wondering about the file sizes after I replied to the question... glad we're all good on that! :)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

A little BtS snippet for a new The Protectors film:
[youtube][/youtube]
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

THATS the kind of stuff you producers need to come out with,behind the scenes stuff :) Thank you Logan.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Richpartist wrote:THATS the kind of stuff you producers need to come out with,behind the scenes stuff :) Thank you Logan.
Do you realize how many behind-the-scenes videos we have on our YouTube channel?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

From Wonder-Con
tommy84
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

There's a comic-con here in Germany as well, I wish you'd sent Tiffany over so that I can get her in front of my lens *lol*
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote:
Richpartist wrote:THATS the kind of stuff you producers need to come out with,behind the scenes stuff :) Thank you Logan.
Do you realize how many behind-the-scenes videos we have on our YouTube channel?
I do Logan I do and thanks :) I think more producers should do more like you do.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote:

From Wonder-Con
Brilliant!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

http://www.youtube.com/crossthelinefilms - our YouTube page with our Behind-the-Scenes videos :)