What would you like to see LESS of in SHiP lately?

General discussions about superheroines!

What would you like to see LESS of in SHiP lately?

Costume Damage
3%
Combat wounds (i.e. scratches and cuts)
7%
Hardcore Peril Boy Girl
5%
Hardcore Peril Girl Girl
5%
Multiple (3 or more boy/girl) Hardcore Peril
4%
Softore Peril Boy Girl
2%
Softcore Peril Girl Girl
2%
Multiple (3 or more boy/girl) Softcore Peril
2%
Beat Downs
8%
Death Scenes
13%
Superheroine Victory after Peril
4%
Sex Toys
7%
Tickling
16%
Mind Control
5%
Costume Remaining On
3%
Sex Machine
3%
Bondage
1%
Torture
3%
Villain/Villainess Peril
3%
Heroine Blackmail (i.e. do as I say or these people die)
2%

Total votes: 331
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Just starting a poll for my own person interest as well as a fun way to send up a flag for producers. When you can vote namelessly its less intimidating to be honest! If you feel like posting your input below feel free, its our genre so why not spill the beans! There are two polls, MORE OF and LESS OF. Each person may choose 5!
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Though it wasn't listed specifically, I'm tired of backbreakers
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

As of this post beatdowns are #2. Glad I'm not the only one tired of them...
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would put tattoos and face piercings.
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mr. X wrote:I would put tattoos and face piercings.
I agree.
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:I would put tattoos and face piercings.
I second that.
ranger87
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I agree on the tattoos and face piercings. And tickling has no place in this genre, IMO.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

This is such a strange poll. Everyone has their own fetish, which is why most videos contain a variety. Beatdowns don't do much for me, but I don't begrudge them in a video because I know other people like them. So it's kind've an odd concept to vote AGAINST having something in a video. The only things I want to see less of are things that really detract from the video - as opposed to things that just fail to enhance it.

Having said that, I have to agree with Ranger87. The one thing that I really just cannot get past in a video is tickling. That just ruins it. Once I see that, the entire mood is shattered and I just can't take it seriously.
Slone
Henchman
Henchman

I want to see less of the "same old, same old," repetitive scenes, and a lack of creativity.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Slone wrote:I want to see less of the "same old, same old," repetitive scenes, and a lack of creativity.
I agree with the same old, also don't need to see Tatoos and piercing.
Ripper1
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

well the one thing that has to be taken into consideration might be depending on which companies.
When someone comments (for example only of course not to be picking on anyone) I am sick of backbreakers, which I admit is in a lot of videos these days, it might be part of the specific request by the person or persons ordering that video.

this is one reason why when I do purchase a video that I usually don't do much in the way of nagging about what I liked or disliked.

lets be fair I am pretty sure that a lot of the comments here are from people that sure bought it, but didn't pay the going rate for what the production cost, so I think a little discretion should be taken when commenting on posts here.

I for one am kind of sick of the same people complaining about that they want to see this or they don't want to see this.

that can be done very easily, commission your own then & give the same old complaining a rest .

my 2 cents on a somewhat very big subject.

I wish to say thanks for the polls though for they are a great way to get the major wants & dislikes to those that do the producing
Thanks
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Ripper1 wrote:well the one thing that has to be taken into consideration might be depending on which companies.
When someone comments (for example only of course not to be picking on anyone) I am sick of backbreakers, which I admit is in a lot of videos these days, it might be part of the specific request by the person or persons ordering that video.

this is one reason why when I do purchase a video that I usually don't do much in the way of nagging about what I liked or disliked.

lets be fair I am pretty sure that a lot of the comments here are from people that sure bought it, but didn't pay the going rate for what the production cost, so I think a little discretion should be taken when commenting on posts here.

I for one am kind of sick of the same people complaining about that they want to see this or they don't want to see this.

that can be done very easily, commission your own then & give the same old complaining a rest .

my 2 cents on a somewhat very big subject.

I wish to say thanks for the polls though for they are a great way to get the major wants & dislikes to those that do the producing
Thanks
I agree, it can be nagging at times, and frustrating. Some can't afford to put up that kind of money for a video, which is why I am hoping more people can join together to make their ideas happen. The main goal of this is as you said, to get an idea of how many are out there wanting the same content as you, and to see if this is useful to producers in making that "leap of faith". I see lots of discussions and usually from the same members about what they want, but I thought it might be interesting to get the silent vote.
Ninja J.
Henchman
Henchman

I would have voted for "tickling" since that does nothing for me and is actually a turn off. I didn't vote it because tickling really isn't really even done in that many vids (from the producers that I enjoy). If it was more prevalent in vids I'd definitely vote it but as of right now it can be ignored.

I have to vote on "mind Control" though. There's great vids that go from an excellent SHIP vid to a normal girl enjoying sex via mind control. It's a total letdown in my opinion.

I'd also like to add, "heroine cussing," to the list. I prefer heroines that are respectful and innocent and proper. Heroines swearing or dropping f-bombs ruin the allure for me.

I'm also surprised that "superheroine death" is voted so high. No one likes a good death scene? That's disappointing because I think too many times the heroine lives or just gets knocked out. Yes, the simple strangulation of a heroine is overdone, but I think death scenes are something SHIP is lacking and is a completely untapped, unexplored source.
Last edited by Ninja J. 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Another thing I would add which I also have been guilty of in the past is bad guys who look like pizza delivery guys.
Last edited by Mr. X 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ninja J. wrote: I'd also like to add, "heroine cussing," to the list. I prefer heroines that are respectful and innocent and proper. Heroines swearing or dropping f-bombs ruin the allure for me.
I understand what you mean here, but I think there are some cases where it makes sense.
Some superheroines are darker than others, just like regular super heroes. Cursing is appropriate for someone like The Punisher or Wolverine and I think it's equally appropriate for some super heroines.

But I get it, you like the pure and noble super heroines who would never stoop to using such language. But what about a pure and virtuous super-heroine who starts off like that, but then is pushed too far and ends up swearing toward the end. Foul language in that case can be a sign of her breaking down. Don't you think?
Fireball
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Ninja J: "I have to vote on 'mind Control' though. There's great vids that go from an excellent SHIP vid to a normal girl enjoying sex via mind control. It's a total letdown in my opinion."

The type of mind control that you described above does nothing for me, personally. On the other hand, there's another type of mind control in which the superheroine is conscious and fully aware of her movements and actions being controlled against her will by her nemesis (as seen in Primal's Mighty Girl - Mind Controlled XXX)... now that type of mind control can be (at least in my opinion) pretty frickin' hot.
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:Another thing I would add which I also have been guilty of in the past is bad guys who look like pizza delivery guys.
This actually made me laugh out loud! Awesome!
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

vortex2682 wrote:
Ninja J: "I have to vote on 'mind Control' though. There's great vids that go from an excellent SHIP vid to a normal girl enjoying sex via mind control. It's a total letdown in my opinion."

The type of mind control that you described above does nothing for me, personally. On the other hand, there's another type of mind control in which the superheroine is conscious and fully aware of her movements and actions being controlled against her will by her nemesis (as seen in Primal's Mighty Girl - Mind Controlled XXX)... now that type of mind control can be (at least in my opinion) pretty frickin' hot.
I second that! That film Mighty Girl - Mind Controlled XXX was amazing. And I don't like mind control either, but it was done in a way that the peril was still there.
Ninja J.
Henchman
Henchman

TIEnTEEZ wrote: I understand what you mean here, but I think there are some cases where it makes sense.
Some superheroines are darker than others, just like regular super heroes. Cursing is appropriate for someone like The Punisher or Wolverine and I think it's equally appropriate for some super heroines.

But I get it, you like the pure and noble super heroines who would never stoop to using such language. But what about a pure and virtuous super-heroine who starts off like that, but then is pushed too far and ends up swearing toward the end. Foul language in that case can be a sign of her breaking down. Don't you think?
Completely agree. I think it can be difficult to find a happy medium. Some heroines are either cussing like sailors or never cuss at all. I agree and could totally dig a heroine cussing because she's "losing control" or whatever.
vortex2682 wrote:The type of mind control that you described above does nothing for me, personally. On the other hand, there's another type of mind control in which the superheroine is conscious and fully aware of her movements and actions being controlled against her will by her nemesis (as seen in Primal's Mighty Girl - Mind Controlled XXX)... now that type of mind control can be (at least in my opinion) pretty frickin' hot.
Completely agree.
theScribbler
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineFall84 wrote:
vortex2682 wrote:

I second that! That film Mighty Girl - Mind Controlled XXX was amazing. And I don't like mind control either, but it was done in a way that the peril was still there.
+1, absolutely. Mind control where the heroine is not suffering but enjoying herself obliviously does nothing for me either. Funnily enough, my last project in 2004 for Superheroines.com, would-be project that is, cause it only got to script/treatment and rough sketch reference stage, was right along Mighty Girl - Mind Controlled XXX's alley. I didn't really think of it as mind control, more like body control, specifically just arms/hands and legs.
the Scribbler

:christmastree:
If U C Xmas tree on TV show
it's Xmas Activism! :christmas:

:lynda1:
If U C attractive brunette in a movie

it's Dark Haired Women Activism!

Be very careful!
Don't B indoctrinated!
Cover your eyes! & ears!
:tv:
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

theScribbler wrote:I didn't really think of it as mind control, more like body control, specifically just arms/hands and legs.
Yeah, I think you've really nailed it there. In spite of the title, it's actually NOT mind control, it's physical control. Which, if you think about it, is really just a more sophisticated form of bondage.
Dragon1
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Mind control has phases it can be making some one a salve with no will or just taking over parts of them. I only like take over parts as the person wants to fight themselves myself.
Slone
Henchman
Henchman

The mind is very complex and there are many different ways a scene with mind control could go, its unfair to lump all mind control scenarios together. Many mind control scenes are poorly planned, too abrupt, and only used to transition to a sex scene. I think a well crafted mind control scene has a lot of potential, but it needs to be properly established in terms of the villain's exact powers and the heroine's thoughts/resistance. A scene where a heroine is gradually mind controlled as she fights against it, like a mental seduction, could really work well if done right.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

I agree with the mind control discussion... There are definitely creative ways to go about doing a mind control scene that can still keep the Heroine in her consciousness of thought, just unable to control herself. Then you get the dilemma for her of doing something against her will as an internal struggle which can play off nicely.
gracevonsheer
Neophyte Lvl 4
Neophyte Lvl 4

is it a production concern that mind control against the heroine's will may take it to the point where it leans toward rape, and thus possibly jeopardizing attracting unwanted hassle or worse from credit card/paypal, server folks, etc.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I would like to see...

A whole lot less foot worship stuff! Seriously it's like polluted a whole corner of the industry.
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

ViridianIV wrote:I would like to see...

A whole lot less foot worship stuff! Seriously it's like polluted a whole corner of the industry.
I am glad you brought that up! I didn't even think about that one!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Really? In SHiP videos? I can't recall seeing any. Maybe I am just watching the wrong... er... I mean right videos. :)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

HeroineFall84 wrote:

This is actually in the top 5 requests for us in this genre....
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:
HeroineFall84 wrote:

I am not surprised, though not my cup of tea. To each their own!
TIEnTEEZ
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote:
HeroineFall84 wrote:

Really? I find that really hard to believe. I know it's popular in general fetish videos (judging by the number of Clips4Sale stores that do nothing but foot worship), but in Superhero vids?

If it's so popular, how come you didn't even list it in either of your polls?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote:
HeroineFall84 wrote:

Really? I find that really hard to believe. I know it's popular in general fetish videos (judging by the number of Clips4Sale stores that do nothing but foot worship), but in Superhero vids?

We'll these aren't my polls, but I prefer not to do those types of scenes because they are too fetish and hard to fit into the genre without seeming fetish. I prefer other peril elements that better mesh with the situations. However, the Black Queen videos are our biggest sellers and Return of the Black Queen, which was a custom order from a foot fetish buyer is still at the top of our sales numbers.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

TIEnTEEZ wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote:
HeroineFall84 wrote:

Yeah I get a fair amount of requests for foot stuff in my poser stuff. But it maybe like the tickle community in that its a very loud minority. That's usually why I don't look at polls and surveys. I have one fan who just constantly wants shrunken heroines. Very vocal. Very tiny minority. I usually cater to feedback I can fit in easily. Like if someone wants to see an OTS I'll put that in where I can. I know there's a grocery list of items I need to squeeze in for any story.

That's why I think the best way to make material is to just do what you like and just squeeze in other fetishes when you can OR make a custom for a customer with that fetish. But you can't make products that cater to everyone. And I will add that I do think the vocal people are not the majority of the community.

Look if you can't quantify what pushes your buttons and present that to a customer then you can't really sell anything. I can guess at what a foot customer wants but I will never "get it". And you see this all the time in material that doesn't get purchased. Some porn producer just dresses up a girl in a cheap Supergirl Halloween costume then she has sex with someone.

Perhaps what producers need to look at are the products that DON'T sell and learn from those. What was NOT in it or what WAS in it that would have lowered the sales.

I purchase a fair amount of other peoples' material but there are only one or two I am willing to watch again and again. So perhaps one poll question could be "What clips have you bought in the past that you will repeatedly watch. Why?"
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:
TIEnTEEZ wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote:
HeroineFall84 wrote:

Yeah I get a fair amount of requests for foot stuff in my poser stuff. But it maybe like the tickle community in that its a very loud minority. That's usually why I don't look at polls and surveys. I have one fan who just constantly wants shrunken heroines. Very vocal. Very tiny minority. I usually cater to feedback I can fit in easily. Like if someone wants to see an OTS I'll put that in where I can. I know there's a grocery list of items I need to squeeze in for any story.

That's why I think the best way to make material is to just do what you like and just squeeze in other fetishes when you can OR make a custom for a customer with that fetish. But you can't make products that cater to everyone. And I will add that I do think the vocal people are not the majority of the community.

Look if you can't quantify what pushes your buttons and present that to a customer then you can't really sell anything. I can guess at what a foot customer wants but I will never "get it". And you see this all the time in material that doesn't get purchased. Some porn producer just dresses up a girl in a cheap Supergirl Halloween costume then she has sex with someone.

Perhaps what producers need to look at are the products that DON'T sell and learn from those. What was NOT in it or what WAS in it that would have lowered the sales.

I purchase a fair amount of other peoples' material but there are only one or two I am willing to watch again and again. So perhaps one poll question could be "What clips have you bought in the past that you will repeatedly watch. Why?"
I have to go with Mr. X here. It makes the most sense that the minorities are the loudest. If you were a minority wouldn't you be to ensure that you are heard? I am starting to wonder if the hardcore b/g scenes are a minority as well (one I am a part of), because I don't see enough of this content and if it were so popular I am sure there would be plenty. I know there are a lot of superheroine videos with hardcore, but they either don't have the peril elements or the costumes are lame target purchases. Its just porn with superhero costumes. No peril, no fighting, just dress-up porn. I am sure cost is an issue as well, but maybe that isn't the only reason?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

I completely agree. I've read others say they can get porn anywhere. And whereas it may be a superhero one fetish taken a step further into hardcore material, the fact is that many still just see it as a sex scene which you can get for free in numerous places. Defeated Heroines served the F/F crowd and the 4th one included a strap-on scene that was forced then slightly enjoyed then when it was over, she admitted defeat and was chloro'd. The 1st half of that film was just like any other Superheroine film and after, it was still one. But because of the content, the film only did "ok". We have it up on Clips4Sale but will be taking it off the market very soon and retiring all 4 films and the concept.

I've looked at the films that sell and the ones that don't and sometimes I understand why and sometimes I scratch my head. Ground Zero 2 features Kristin Ige, a cool KO, transformation, low blows, etc - but for some reason it never really caught on. I don't know why in that case because every other film like it sells extremely well lol

I do wish the majority would speak up and I know what to put in the films for myself, but I like to include others' tastes in there too just so more people get to see my material :)
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:I completely agree. I've read others say they can get porn anywhere. And whereas it may be a superhero one fetish taken a step further into hardcore material, the fact is that many still just see it as a sex scene which you can get for free in numerous places. Defeated Heroines served the F/F crowd and the 4th one included a strap-on scene that was forced then slightly enjoyed then when it was over, she admitted defeat and was chloro'd. The 1st half of that film was just like any other Superheroine film and after, it was still one. But because of the content, the film only did "ok". We have it up on Clips4Sale but will be taking it off the market very soon and retiring all 4 films and the concept.

I've looked at the films that sell and the ones that don't and sometimes I understand why and sometimes I scratch my head. Ground Zero 2 features Kristin Ige, a cool KO, transformation, low blows, etc - but for some reason it never really caught on. I don't know why in that case because every other film like it sells extremely well lol

I do wish the majority would speak up and I know what to put in the films for myself, but I like to include others' tastes in there too just so more people get to see my material :)
I guess I was hoping a poll would allow people to click a button, rather than out themselves by sharing a written opinion. Maybe they don't share much on the boards and a lot of sales come from people snooping, but not participating? Who knows? Either way it's still good input. Sales will have to be the best test anyone can have, even when they don't make sense some times. lol

I saw a post a while back from a producer saying they knew if a video was going to be good in a very short period of time (like 24 hours or so). How do you feel about that? That seems too soon to tell provided I see the comment "when I get paid I am going to get this" a lot.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

That's not true at all. A few of my best sellers went nearly 4-6 months with worrysome sales numbers then suddenly began selling... So you never know...
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

HeroineLegends wrote:That's not true at all. A few of my best sellers went nearly 4-6 months with worrysome sales numbers then suddenly began selling... So you never know...
Yeah wonder what happens there. Could be a new area of advertisement opened up. I've had that were I get a spike is sales and sadly it was cause my work ended up on a pirate site somewhere and acted as advertisement. so at least I make sure I have my web page and advertisement on every pic I post.

Yes its not a golden rule. Could be upsell as well. Someone bought another video with the model in it then got interested in all her works. Another thing I noticed is sales tend to seasonally spike. Like after new years people spend more.
Last edited by Mr. X 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'm sure around tax time(or that is tax refund time) sales will go up.I know I plan on getting a crap load of videos :thumbup:
HL Superheroines,Bluestone,Hypnotic,NGC and SHG...........stand by :)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

.........on a side note,I just became a MILLENIUM MEMBER :)
viking
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Richpartist wrote:.........on a side note,I just became a MILLENIUM MEMBER :)
We are all very proud of you. We know it required an enormous effort on your part. However, there are still some members of the forum with many more posts than you, so you still have a goal to shoot for.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

*yawn*
Rye
Producer
Producer

HeroineFall84 wrote: I saw a post a while back from a producer saying they knew if a video was going to be good in a very short period of time (like 24 hours or so). How do you feel about that? That seems too soon to tell provided I see the comment "when I get paid I am going to get this" a lot.
I would even take that statement further by saying I have a very good idea of what a given film is going to do before I even film it ;)
Not having a reasonable idea until after a movie goes for sale seems absolutely insane to me.
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Rye wrote:
HeroineFall84 wrote: I saw a post a while back from a producer saying they knew if a video was going to be good in a very short period of time (like 24 hours or so). How do you feel about that? That seems too soon to tell provided I see the comment "when I get paid I am going to get this" a lot.
I would even take that statement further by saying I have a very good idea of what a given film is going to do before I even film it ;)
Not having a reasonable idea until after a movie goes for sale seems absolutely insane to me.
Well given your success that really isn't a surprise to me Rye. :D
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

I agree with that statement when you're producing something with the same formula that's already proven successful. When you change it up, that's when you can't be certain what will and won't sell as well. There are films I produce that I know without a doubt will be high-sellers... then there are camera tests and new actresses/editors/VFX artists or new costume types / platforms / series types that are uncertain because it's new territory.... but that new territory is the fun part :)
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

HeroineLegends wrote:I agree with that statement when you're producing something with the same formula that's already proven successful. When you change it up, that's when you can't be certain what will and won't sell as well. There are films I produce that I know without a doubt will be high-sellers... then there are camera tests and new actresses/editors/VFX artists or new costume types / platforms / series types that are uncertain because it's new territory.... but that new territory is the fun part :)
I agree with that. I like taking risks lol but then again if I produced a film it would all be risk for me seeing as I am so new. I tried once and due to lack of crew and funding it didn't go as planned lol I didn't want to go the handi-cam look with the film and wanted a lot of VFX. I was the actor, director, sound tech, and editor/VFX for the film. It was fun, but if I had 2 more crew members or even a different male lead it could have been so much better! I will try again some day when I get the money again. Never say die right? ;)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Where are you located?
Leadpoison
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

HeroineFall84 wrote: I guess I was hoping a poll would allow people to click a button, rather than out themselves by sharing a written opinion. Maybe they don't share much on the boards and a lot of sales come from people snooping, but not participating? Who knows? Either way it's still good input. Sales will have to be the best test anyone can have, even when they don't make sense some times. lol
I can tell you this if it helps. My comics are mostly M/F peril and fans of my work are very nonvocal. I get clicks, pageviews, and sales but rarely any feedback. I figure, they give me the support that counts, so I continue to cater making the content I love myself. That money allows me to buy a few videos that offer similar content like what Primal's Darkside and others have.
HeroineFall84
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Leadpoison wrote:
HeroineFall84 wrote: I guess I was hoping a poll would allow people to click a button, rather than out themselves by sharing a written opinion. Maybe they don't share much on the boards and a lot of sales come from people snooping, but not participating? Who knows? Either way it's still good input. Sales will have to be the best test anyone can have, even when they don't make sense some times. lol
I can tell you this if it helps. My comics are mostly M/F peril and fans of my work are very nonvocal. I get clicks, pageviews, and sales but rarely any feedback. I figure, they give me the support that counts, so I continue to cater making the content I love myself. That money allows me to buy a few videos that offer similar content like what Primal's Darkside and others have.
Well said, I feel the same way. I get really into things I love and if I can get by doing it... well.... :yahoo:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

HeroineFall84 wrote:
Leadpoison wrote:
Well said, I feel the same way. I get really into things I love and if I can get by doing it... well.... :yahoo:
Same here. The best feedback is in sales numbers, but I get WAYYY more emails with vocal opinions than I see on any forum I frequent... Just gotta do the math and see where things make sense as you continue to produce ;)