Mini-Customs

General discussions about superheroines!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Hey everyone,

In an effort to keep one single identity and make it easier to find everything in one place, we have merged all of our series into one site:

http://www.TheSuperheroines.com

Heroine Legends, Super vs Evil, The Neomega, and our new series will now all direct to this site. Simply use the navigation bar to find your way through our site to what you're looking for!!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! The new email address is: [email protected]
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

helstar wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote:Next film: Thunder & Shadows
Fantastic costume for Thundra, love it. She has unreal legs :cool2: I also wasn't expecting her to do a reverse round kick ! :happy:

Good improvement for the SFX compared to the previous movie the guy edited (if it's the same guy... I think I remember that) :thumbup:

Still not perfect but if he makes the same improvement jump also for the next movie I'm sure he will reach top level :cool:
I think you mean VFX? SFX = sounds, VFX = visuals… it's one of our best guys who did the VFX for this one - electricity is just a real pain in the ass to do. Definitely the hardest one, from personal experience… I'm happy with it… :)
ivy652
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

thundra vs shawdows look good..i take it be out next week
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

HeroineLegends wrote: I think you mean VFX? SFX = sounds, VFX = visuals… it's one of our best guys who did the VFX for this one - electricity is just a real pain in the ass to do. Definitely the hardest one, from personal experience… I'm happy with it… :)
I meant Special FX :) (that's how we call them here ^^ maybe it's different lol)

I thought you said the guy who did "Interrogation from the Queen" VFX is the same ? (and those were REALLY bad... sorry :\ !)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

helstar wrote:
HeroineLegends wrote: I think you mean VFX? SFX = sounds, VFX = visuals… it's one of our best guys who did the VFX for this one - electricity is just a real pain in the ass to do. Definitely the hardest one, from personal experience… I'm happy with it… :)
I meant Special FX :) (that's how we call them here ^^ maybe it's different lol)

I thought you said the guy who did "Interrogation from the Queen" VFX is the same ? (and those were REALLY bad... sorry :\ !)
In Hollywood, special effects are done on set, visual effects are done in post... but I know what you mean... this film went to 2 editors. The guy who did Interrogation is not a VFX guy. But he's a great audio/video editor so after he did the cut, it went to another editor... the guy who edits Super vs Evil for us :)
elusivepenguin
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

Where can I find Malek vs Thundra in "Double Knock-Out"? Is it released yet? Can't find it anywhere...
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

That's not out yet (most likely still on the post-production pipeline) ... there are several previews pics in their website http://www.thesuperheroines.com/double-knock-out.html
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

elusivepenguin wrote:Where can I find Malek vs Thundra in "Double Knock-Out"? Is it released yet? Can't find it anywhere...
helstar is correct… this film went to post-production yesterday. Typical turn-around is 3 weeks in post, however, since we've filmed so far in advance, it will be put in cycle for release, so I don't have an exact release date at this time.
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

When I saw the previews pictures of "You're soul is mine", I couldn't help myself to do this :D

The black queen reminds me Shang Tsung on this picture, haha
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Domi666 wrote:When I saw the previews pictures of "You're soul is mine", I couldn't help myself to do this :D

lol LOVE this ;)
ivy652
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

cant wait to see the your soul is mine too...
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

That does look cool,GAME OVER :)
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Logan, I saw that for the first fight of the Mortal Kombat miniserie, you wanted to make Johnny Cage Vs Lara Croft (which is a good idea :) )

Do you already have some ideas about which characters you would like to use for future fights ? (in my opinion, characters like Cammy or Kitana would be great for this kind of project)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Domi666 wrote:Logan, I saw that for the first fight of the Mortal Kombat miniserie, you wanted to make Johnny Cage Vs Lara Croft (which is a good idea :) )

Do you already have some ideas about which characters you would like to use for future fights ? (in my opinion, characters like Cammy or Kitana would be great for this kind of project)
That was actually a separate project…. which is on freeze until we decide to jump back into it. We actually have a 25-episode comedy series and comedy feature film to finish up first… For this one, it's just Heroine Legends characters :)
ivy652
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

When you start shooting the revenge of the black queen or the super vs evil episode 4?any idea what the next week release be?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

ivy652 wrote:When you start shooting the revenge of the black queen or the super vs evil episode 4?any idea what the next week release be?
We haven't been pushing this lately because our focuses have been elsewhere. We may scrap it in general unless we see more interest in a Black Queen custom...
ivy652
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

have you seen the cut from super vs evil episode 3? i seen a few more pics under the alt universe.... any hints for the next update :thumbup: ?
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

ivy652 wrote:have you seen the cut from super vs evil episode 3? i seen a few more pics under the alt universe.... any hints for the next update :thumbup: ?
It's going to be at least another 2 weeks before SvE3 is ready… We haven't decided on Ep4 yet as far as filming dates-- with the holidays, we go on small hiatuses and then jump back in just to go on another hiatus. We are prepping to go full force in early 2014 with filming. The next release tomorrow night with be Cyrus [5] to conclude that Saga. **We are still working on updating the website, so we apologize if all screen captures and action/peril elements are not updated. We are working backwards to make sure the newest releases have all the appropriate info before moving on to the next page to update. :)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

No word then if NEW FRIEND OLD MISSION and COMPLETING THE COLLECTION will be ready before Christmas Logan??They are going to be presents to myself :)

Richard
ivy652
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

will we see another thundra release as well...? i seen 3 different titles of thundra in it.... how your soul is mine coming along.... just like christmas to see the black queen :thumbup: :weirdo: :yes: :smart: :yahoo:
ivy652
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I must say from one shawdow to another looks really good with thundra.
ivy652
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I must say from one shawdow to another looks really good with thundra.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Richpartist wrote:No word then if NEW FRIEND OLD MISSION and COMPLETING THE COLLECTION will be ready before Christmas Logan??They are going to be presents to myself :)

Richard
New Mission, Old Friend may come out before Christmas, but Completing the Collection won't. We still have to film the episode that comes before that, not counting the time in post-production. I have a team of 8 editors, but we are filming quite a bit plus custom orders always go to the front of the line and we have, now, 15 customs in queue… it's definitely a bit backed up… they will all come out, but even at 2-3 releases per week, it's still going to be a while lol

We did just send The Neomega to post today. I'll have a 1st cut by Friday. SvE3 is also being started and I should have a 1st cut of that in a few days. The next 3-4 SvE episodes are being mapped out and I just hired a screenwriter to map out all of Season 3. :)

Plus we will be filming the pilots of Girls of X and the 1st 2-4 episodes of 00Angels in December.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

ivy652 wrote:will we see another thundra release as well...? i seen 3 different titles of thundra in it.... how your soul is mine coming along.... just like christmas to see the black queen :thumbup: :weirdo: :yes: :smart: :yahoo:
Your Soul is Mine will come out in about 2 weeks. The next films in queue to release are Cyrus [5], Playing with Magic, Intercepted, & Your Soul is Mine.
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Good news Logan thanks.We should all make Merry this season.......................yeah I know,no one talks like this :)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Domi666 wrote:When I saw the previews pictures of "You're soul is mine", I couldn't help myself to do this :D

would you mind if I posted this picture to our site? I really dig it! Would you want artist credit? ;)
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

HeroineLegends wrote:
would you mind if I posted this picture to our site? I really dig it! Would you want artist credit? ;)
Glad you like it :)
You can use it like you want, don't need to credit me :)
I'll try to do 1 or 2 more like this one for fun :D
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

:joker: :joker:
Mortal Neomega !
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Ok the bleeding/rotten bar made me laugh :D
Domi666
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

helstar wrote:Ok the bleeding/rotten bar made me laugh :D
Yeah, it's less violent than making characters bleed :lol:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

If you're not signed up on The Superheroines List, then you're missing out on new release updates, sales, and more!

http://www.TheSuperheroines.com - sign up on the home page!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Excited that the Valor costume from Defeated Heroines will be donated over to Heroine Legends since that series is over and it was only used once! As well as a villainess costume that never made it to screen! :)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Wait a minute.......Valor WORE an outfit?? :)
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Some fan feedback would be awesome here as we schedule more filming: what do you want to see more of that we do? what do you wish you saw more of that we don't do or don't do enough of? (remember that we film PG-13/R material) - All feedback is appreciated as is constructive criticism, thanks!!!
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

At this point,I think you know where I stand :)

Richard
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Hey everyone, thanks for all the kind words and hope you all had an amazing holiday!! Everyone on the mailing list was sent a little Thanksgiving coupon that's good for everything we offer so check your inboxes from like 2-3 days ago!

I'm uploading Heroine Legends: Playing with Magic to our billing system now so we're looking to release that either later tonight or early tomorrow… always depending on when the uploads complete.

We have quite a few customs scheduled to be filmed in December, which is awesome! Thank you to everyone who supported Kristin's Group Custom, which ended up being titled Cyrus - I'm very happy with how it came out and loved the ability to release 5 different parts which all had a different vibe!

We will be releasing the 1st episode of The Neomega in early December (it's in post now) so I'm excited to see what you think of that one! I just also got the 1st cut which included some VFX work of the 3rd installment of Super vs Evil - I really think you're going to enjoy it!! We will begin the Girls of X and 00Angels series in December as well. Episode 1 of GX will feature myself and Tiffany Chase as Wolverine vs Rogue so that should be fun! It's all about brutality, so I'm excited to film that one!

We're also migrating our website to a new server and the format will be completely different-- it will still be located at the same website address - but it will be more conducive to finding everything you're looking for with an implemented, better cart system and easier to find details! We're hoping to have all 120+ videos and other products migrated over in the next few days! :)

We'd love to hear who your favorite Heroines are too and the types of situations you'd still like to see as we move forward!

Brittany Ortiz-Nelson has left the series for career reasons (looking for role diversity, etc) so we will be re-casting Nightshadow and Amethyst since I personally LOVE those 2 characters!

FYI, our News Feed is hosted via Tumblr, which is the most popular social networking site according to daily website traffic, believe it or not, so you can subscribe to us there:
http://ctlethesuperheroines.tumblr.com or just read the News Feed on our site once we convert it over!

Lots of info, lots going on-- thank you to all of our fans as we push on! We make these films for ourselves and for you so let's keep collaborating to make some awesome films we all enjoy!!

Logan
ivy652
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

i cant wait to see the 3rd super vs evil,and the your soul is mine....
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Hey everyone!! The new site is up and running!! Check it out and let me know what you think!! Same place: http://www.TheSuperheroines.com
ivy652
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

do you have a update page on there now? i dont see that no more...
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

ivy652 wrote:do you have a update page on there now? i dont see that no more...
Yes, it says Updates in the Main Menu - and it's displayed on the home page in the middle.
Slone
Henchman
Henchman

HeroineLegends wrote:Some fan feedback would be awesome here as we schedule more filming: what do you want to see more of that we do? what do you wish you saw more of that we don't do or don't do enough of? (remember that we film PG-13/R material) - All feedback is appreciated as is constructive criticism, thanks!!!
I would like to see more heroines totally defeated. Right now, the typical video ends with a heroine KO'd in some manner and usually carried off. That's great, I like a good KO, but I want to see it taken a step further where a heroine is completely broken mentally, not just physically. I'd like to see heroines forced to verbally admit defeat, forced to beg for mercy, forced to give up all hope and submit to the villain completely. For me the worst fate for a superheroine is not to simply get KO'd, but to be beaten so badly that they willingly submit to the villain, becoming a slave/henchwomen to the villain and therefore going completely against all of her heroic principles.

Obviously not every video can end this way, but with non-canon series like Altered Universe I think this sort of ending would be great if used more often. This type of profound defeat is one reason the "Your Soul is Mine" video looks so appealing to me. Similarly, I'd love to see more villains with some sort of mind control/hypnosis powers, and show those villains gradually wear down heroines and put them under their control.

As far as the new site goes, there are some pluses and minuses. The Newest Releases section and the Collections/Products/Series sidebar look good. Putting all your content in one place and making it easier to navigate is a great move. The old format was getting a bit unwieldy due to having so many different videos to scroll through while hovering over specific headings.

There are a few things I would change however. First, the individual pages for each video no longer have screenshots or the sample images for photosets. That was a very nice feature in providing an idea of what each video consisted of, so I would bring that back although it sounds like you are. That also helped create excitement for the upcoming, unreleased videos.

Secondly, I would lose the big heading on the home page that alternates between the logos for each brand. It is too big, unnecessary and the logos don't look as good blown up to such large sizes. You already have the header which stays at the top wherever you scroll, the big logo section is just redundant. I think your focus should be the New Releases section. Make the content the star and let it sell itself, screenshots from the movies are much more appealing visually than the same old super-sized logos.

Next, the color scheme looks a bit amateurish. Having so many different colors of texts does not look good or professional- there's green text, blue text, purple text, red text, black text, and all on the same background. You really need to have a simple, straightforward color scheme, I thought the old site was much better in that regard. The updates section at the bottom could also use some modifying. Make each individual update more clearly separated and add some sort of image to each update teaser if possible, or else just don't feature specific updates on the front page and instead make the update tab stand out more at the top of the screen.

Finally, I think some sort of "Coming Soon" section would be a great idea. Essentially have screenshots of all the videos that are already filmed but not yet released so people can have something to look forward too, all in one place.

Hope I helped!
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

@Slone: lots of good stuff here - the screenshots and photo set examples will be there - it's just a lot of work and I had to video a wedding today and we film tomorrow and Tuesday and a few other days… so it's going to be a matter of getting time to do it… if you look at the film page for Playing with Fire, you'll see the full templates in effect as they will be for the whole site once we're all updated… I agree with the updates on the front page - I don't like it either - so I'll just remove it from there since I don't have much option for customization… the slideshow banner will be gone once the newest release section is put together…. for the font colors - green is only for the special text… the site colors are red yellow and blue… purple is the company color and just works for headers because it draws your eye to it. We'll play around with that some more… the pale yellow needs to be deepened which I'll do soon. Coming Soon is already established - it says "Upcoming Films" - we haven't loaded any at this point, but it will be there as it was before…. that's 37 films at this point so it's like loading another series in… sooooo yeah, it will be there soon :) thanks for the feedback!!!
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Filming for a wedding?Will there be fights,ots carries,hot women in sexy outfits,etc..

Richard :lol:
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Richpartist wrote:Filming for a wedding?Will there be fights,ots carries,hot women in sexy outfits,etc..

Richard :lol:
I believe there was an OTS carry at the end… followed by some costume destruction ;)
Richpartist
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Ahhhh wedding nights :)
ivy652
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

can you give us a hint what the new clip be of,and it be up :thumbup: ?