DVD/Blu-Ray Sales to Start

CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Hey there 'Heroine Legends' fans!!

While we are still working out all the details including costs for Replication and Shipping, I do want to let you guys know we are FINALLY able to produce DVD & Blu-Ray versions of all of our films and will be selling them soon!! The DVD & Blu-Ray options have not been priced yet– we welcome suggestions and examples as we move forward with this due to the very high demand for this service!!!

Logan
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

I think you should group them together. Like have three or four episodes per disc. You can call each one a "volume."
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Will these be pressed DVDs and Blu-rays or burned DVD-Rs and BD-Rs? I assume it's probably the latter, seeing as even Warner Bros uses DVD-Rs for some archive releases.

As an additional service, have you considered making 1080p downloads available for people who want the convenience of downloading combined with a Full HD picture?
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:Will these be pressed DVDs and Blu-rays or burned DVD-Rs and BD-Rs? I assume it's probably the latter, seeing as even Warner Bros uses DVD-Rs for some archive releases.

As an additional service, have you considered making 1080p downloads available for people who want the convenience of downloading combined with a Full HD picture?
These would be burned DVD's and Blu-Ray discs via a Replicator Tower-- at least that's the option we are looking at right now. There are fulfillment companies out there, but I don't know what their process is. We offer 720p downloads as of right now because the majority of fans prefer the lower file size and it costs more for us to offer more "versions" of products. I pay for server space by the amount of items I sell - each individual version being an "item". Since I offer over 70 films already, that's a lot of extra storage to pay for. The Blu-Ray & DVD versions would be 1080p though.

Logan
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

Mamooche24 wrote:I think you should group them together. Like have three or four episodes per disc. You can call each one a "volume."
That is one good possibility, but then again, there are many people who only want one specific film on DVD/Blu-Ray. I guess I'll wait for a little more input and possibly some pre-orders. I'm still working out pricing too since it obviously costs more to put out physical copies for us than just continuing to do only digital delivery… We are just trying to answer the call to those who requested a DVD/Blu-Ray-- the biggest obstacle is going to be shipping costs. International shipping is typically around $40 for one DVD (I've sent quite a few already) from the US to another country...

Logan
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Those are really insane shipping costs ... USPS rates have become crazy. Making pro-burned on demand pressings is the only option and I understand that (who wants to stockpile 500/1000 copies of each title and hope to sell all of them, impossible !) but I can't see how people will be happy about those ... they cease to play after 5 years or so (personal experience). I would suggest to just skip all of this. Keep downloads and that's it ;)
RedMountain
Overlord
Overlord

Where are you shipping to? I've shipped lots of things larger than DVDs to Canada and Europe and paid nowhere near that amount of money.
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

RedMountain wrote:Where are you shipping to? I've shipped lots of things larger than DVDs to Canada and Europe and paid nowhere near that amount of money.
USA to Australia (where MANY of our fans are) is a little over $40 including tracking number. Otherwise, it's a 2-week delivery.

Logan
kanodin69
Neophyte
Neophyte

the biggest obstacle is going to be shipping costs. International shipping is typically around $40 for one DVD (I've sent quite a few already) from the US to another country...
Revenge box set - click here
CustomSuperheroines
Producer
Producer

kanodin69 wrote:the biggest obstacle is going to be shipping costs. International shipping is typically around $40 for one DVD (I've sent quite a few already) from the US to another country...
Shipping costs are actually going to be only $10 anywhere in the world ;)

We are working on getting this streamlined, though anyone can buy the films on Blu-Ray already.