Girl of Steel Update

General discussions about superheroines!
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

I just wanted to post an update about my movie project Girl of Steel. Originally we were going to have available several photo sets that people could buy of Dawn as Supergirl to help finance the project, this we've decided to postpone for now and go ahead and do the show reel.

The show reel is going to be a bunch of test clips, intended for myself to try out some 3d software, but once finished with, will be uploaded for people to view or download free of charge, I do hope to have this by the end of the month (June). This video will include a classic changing scene (shirt ripping etc) and also a recreation of the Kryptonite scene from the original Superman movie - people have previously asked will there be a pool scene, to which I replied No, this was because I felt uncomfortable asking her to do it, however I spoke with her and she is prepared to do it.

With regards to the Interview with Supergirl, again I hope to have that done soon, however, my webcam is out of action at the moment.

I'd like to remind people, I'm currently looking for donations to help finance the project, if you're able to, then please visit this site and then click the donate button:

http://igg.me/at/GirlofSteel/x/3148062
946896_595351157150311_1501572629_n.jpg
946896_595351157150311_1501572629_n.jpg (40.71 KiB) Viewed 3764 times
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

Good to hear...can't wait for the show-reel. :supes:
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Thanks, it seems like you're the only one who's actually interested in this I have to say and a part of me feels like giving up :wall:
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

penguin81 wrote:Thanks, it seems like you're the only one who's actually interested in this I have to say and a part of me feels like giving up :wall:
Hey, penguin81

Don't give up. I think people are interested in the project, but I think in my opinion, you get more of an input on your facebook page then on this forum which is strange, but I think when the showreel is release and you promote it on both facebook and this forum, then I think you will get more of a response/input. When it comes to less inputm I've had experience with that when it came to my hockey radio show I did back in college and with my youtube network I have now, it began slow and had no input, but as soon as I put more material and promoted it more, then people started to notice. So, in my view, as soon as you release the showreel and promote it, then people will realize what they will expect in the project.

Don't give up. You should just promote the project on your facebook page until you finished with the showreel, then you can post it on the forum. Besides, I've already started to promote your projectyour working on some of videos I've made and told people to check out your site for more info.

Which bring me to a suggestion, I thought of to help you get the word out on your project. You said that you hope to have the showreel done by the end of June/early July. And I was wondering, with your permission, if you would let me make a trailer for you using the showreel clips to promote your Girl of Steel film. You can post it on your site and I can post it on my YouTube channel to get the word out. I've done it with other superheroine producers to get the word out on their projects and it has had a strong input and strong showing/viewership as well and more people know more about the project than they did before.

Here are the links to the superheroine trailers I've made:

If your interested...private message me on this forum. I'll be glad to help you out.
Don't give up, you've gotten this far..keep doing what your doing and you'll be successful and get a successful film out of it. :supes: :cap:
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
tifa haruno
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I can't wait to see it, I only wish that I could donate (I'm broke :().
valugi
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

hi

in my opnion the main problem and the lack of information, as is the screenplay? Do you have experience in the area, you are only a fan or already had experience in the area of superheroine videos? as will be the type of film, Pg-13? What are the villains? the page has almost no information, it is hard for people to contribute to a project that has information, images and videos of how it will be.
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

valugi wrote:hi

in my opnion the main problem and the lack of information, as is the screenplay? Do you have experience in the area, you are only a fan or already had experience in the area of superheroine videos? as will be the type of film, Pg-13? What are the villains? the page has almost no information, it is hard for people to contribute to a project that has information, images and videos of how it will be.
Not being funny, but on the facebook page, I feel like, I've put quite a lot on there :/
tifa haruno
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

While I'm on board with a Pool Scene (Loved the one in Rye's 1984 and I can't wait to see Dawn do it for one of the test videos I'm a straight girl and I'm not afraid to say the girl is sexy :)) I am a bit worried about the costume, the Supergirl costume in the aforementioned Rye video got wrecked filming the pool scene. Does Dawn have a spare in case something goes wrong?
Zet
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I agree with jimbobklyn5 not give up, I think once you upload the show-reel people began to be interested in the project and began to donate - its time I will do it - plus a clip with supergirl in the pool, which many of us love, it would be better still.
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

I actually made a fan made teaser on my channel to get the word out on this fan film project a couple of days ago...Check it out! :supes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVwEhxQTW9Q
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll tell you from first hand experience, if you want people to comment here, then you need to post promo material here. Pics, videos, etc. If you just keep it on your Facebook page, that's where you'll get your comments/feedback.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Or have a friend post "is it ready" "Sure looks good" "I can't wait" every now and then to bump the thread. :evil:
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

I feel it's time I should update people on this, well, if you're on Facebook then you probably already know, that until further notice it has all been cancelled.

I've been battling against depression for quite some time now, and I've lost my family as a result of it recently, I won't be on for a while so I can sort myself out :wavecry:
DrObiCaffi
Elder Member
Elder Member

Wish u all the best.
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Sorry to hear about your problems Penguin, I hope things get better for you.
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?