Supergirl Interview

General discussions about superheroines!
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hey everybody.

It was suggested recently, and I think it's a good idea, that, just for fun, for me to interview Supergirl (Obviously Dawn). So I thought that it might be a good idea to include you guys into it by sending me questions you'd like answering by the Girl of steel herself. The conversation itself will take place using Skype and recorded, it will also be available at my Indiegogo site, where you can make a donation, http://igg.me/at/GirlofSteel/x/3148062

So if you have any questions, please send me a PM through this group by May 10th (I'm sure I don't need to say, please keep the questions clean).

Thanks
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

Hey, penguin81,

Any progress/updates on your Girl Of Steel project?
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
SGWriter
Story General
Story General

Just to double check, questions would be for your model in character as SG or just the model?
Yes Supergirl, that's right its a necklace for you....What's the matter you don't like Kryptonite?
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Hey Guys

The Interview will be with Supergirl, we thought it would be different and quite cool to make, I've just recently brought a software package that allows you to record Skype conversations, due to the lack of response, I was considering forgetting about it, however, I think we'll still go ahead.

With regards to the main project itself, we've had a bit of a poor response with regards to donating towards the project, we've also had a few issues getting a suitable photographer for publicity images of her, so at the minute, it's stalled, but be assured, it's gonna happen, even if I have to wear the costume, and trust me you don't want that!!!
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

I already donated a couple of dollars to the project and probably donate more in June. Maybe you should try another donating site instead of Indiegogo...

I do have a suggestion, maybe you should make a video/promo promoting the project and putting it on your facebook page, indiegogo site and YouTube and post it here.

Also, you did post Girl of Steel Fan Movie...at the producers corner...you should repost that to the super-heroine lounge for more of a response and hopefully get more of a response when it comes to donating then your getting now. But I'm glad to see that your still moving forward with the project even through it has stalled for the moment. But, I'm looking forward to it anyway.
:supes: Watch all of W.O.N/MMP's Superheroine World Underwater Peril Fan Film Series, only on W.O.N Cinema YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/woncinema
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

penguin81 wrote:Hey Guys

The Interview will be with Supergirl, we thought it would be different and quite cool to make, I've just recently brought a software package that allows you to record Skype conversations, due to the lack of response, I was considering forgetting about it, however, I think we'll still go ahead.

With regards to the main project itself, we've had a bit of a poor response with regards to donating towards the project, we've also had a few issues getting a suitable photographer for publicity images of her, so at the minute, it's stalled, but be assured, it's gonna happen, even if I have to wear the costume, and trust me you don't want that!!!
Also since I have 4 youtube channels and they get a lot of views, If you don't mind I can put a video promo together and post it on my channel and here at the forum to get the word out of your Girl of Steel project and where they can make donations at if you don't mind. :supes:
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

Hey, penguin81

I know your trying to get people to donate and response to your Supergirl project. So, I actually made a promo poster for your girl of Steel fan movie Project that you can promote on your facebook and indiegogo page and on this forum as well. There are two versions of the Girl of Steel promo poster. Hope you like it. :supes:
Attachments
Girl Of Steel Fan Film postersamll1.png
Girl Of Steel Fan Film postersamll1.png (656.21 KiB) Viewed 3090 times
Girl Of Steel 2 Fan Film postersmall.png
Girl Of Steel 2 Fan Film postersmall.png (703.9 KiB) Viewed 3090 times
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Those images are awesome, how did you do the S shield, or did you find it on website?

I did make a start on some publicity images, like the one below, however when I shown the photographers, they said I shouldn't have done it, some legal mumbo jumbo, despite me asking for permission prior to the photos being taken, that's why there's hardly anything so far.

I made the background following a tutorial which I found online, can't remember what the address is.

I am hoping to do a showreel, it's more of a test really than anything, some video clips with effects added (one of which will be replicating the Kryptonite Scene from the first Superman movie) the scenes in this will not necessarily feature in the final film, also I don't know when it will be filmed.
FB_Banner.jpg
FB_Banner.jpg (192.26 KiB) Viewed 3043 times
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

penguin81 wrote:Those images are awesome, how did you do the S shield, or did you find it on website?

I did make a start on some publicity images, like the one below, however when I shown the photographers, they said I shouldn't have done it, some legal mumbo jumbo, despite me asking for permission prior to the photos being taken, that's why there's hardly anything so far.

I made the background following a tutorial which I found online, can't remember what the address is.

I am hoping to do a showreel, it's more of a test really than anything, some video clips with effects added (one of which will be replicating the Kryptonite Scene from the first Superman movie) the scenes in this will not necessarily feature in the final film, also I don't know when it will be filmed.
FB_Banner.jpg
That's good to hear..I like the publicity photo you have posted. I Actually found the S logo on the web..but had to recolor it..cut and paste so it can look different. By the way..when you do this project..you should put a disclaimer saying that it's no way affiliated with DC Comics and Warner bros. That what a lot of people do on their fan films before their show-reel/film. But you did ask for permission so it shouldn't be an issue. Glad you liked the promo poster I made.
:supes:
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Thanks for your interest, and don't worry about the disclaimer, I would've put one in, and thanks for reminding me what to say (my memory's shite at the moment)
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

penguin81 wrote:Thanks for your interest, and don't worry about the disclaimer, I would've put one in, and thanks for reminding me what to say (my memory's shite at the moment)
No problem :supes:
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

Hey, penguin81,

I just saw you post of the Girl Of Steel site..when you mean Showreel. It mean like short film episodes, right? Leading up to the fan film, right?
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Not so much episodes really, they're more like FX test videos I've requested from Dawn replicating certain existing scenes, including, but not limited to;

Costume change from Superman 2
Kryptonite/Pool scene from Superman the movie

I thought it would be a nice touch to share them when they're ready.

Oh darn it! Forgot to mention the interview with Supergirl on the update :nugget:
jimbobklyn5
Producer
Producer

penguin81 wrote:Not so much episodes really, they're more like FX test videos I've requested from Dawn replicating certain existing scenes, including, but not limited to;

Costume change from Superman 2
Kryptonite/Pool scene from Superman the movie

I thought it would be a nice touch to share them when they're ready.

Oh darn it! Forgot to mention the interview with Supergirl on the update :nugget:
I was going to ask about that as well. What's the progress on that interview anyway and how long are the showreels going to be? :supes:
penguin81
Sargeant
Sargeant

Again I can't say when the interview will be recorded, as I know Dawn has a convention coming up and is busy with that, so I was going to wait until after to arrange something.

With regards to the length of the "Show Reel" I'd like to think we'd get about 10 minutes or so.