The People to the Producers

General discussions about superheroines!

Would you like Producers to put content descriptions such as Nudity, Low Blows, Simulated Sex?

Poll ended at 11 years ago

Yes Please
84%
Does not matter to me
13%
No that's stupid
3%

Total votes: 38
truedefiance
Producer
Producer

There are many great quality videos out there in this growing community, however in the hunt for these I have come across many that were deceiving, and when it boils down to it finding the video content I wish to see in the bunch it could be quite frustrating. There is a review board right here on this forum, that is useful, but not quite updated to the best as it is still new. This leads me to question am I the only one that finds this a frustration? I vote that all producers put out better descriptions and have content descriptions such as "This video contains many against one fights, low blows and belly punches, forced pleasure, ..." taken from Steve Noir's Superstar video on SHG Media's site. I find nothing more upsetting that getting a video that uses terms such as "ravished" just to watch a video get to the point of the ravishing and fade to black. I don't buy these videos to leave things to my imagination. Please I would love to know where us consumers stand on this and if I am not alone!
Last edited by truedefiance 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Heroine Addict
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

For me, the level of nudity (such as implied, topless or full-frontal) needs to be described accurately. It really annoys me when producers write something like "she's stripped of her costume" but there's no minge on show in the video itself.

Also, a couple of producers use models who refuse to show their faces. I appreciate the models' desire for anonymity, but producers need to be honest about what we will (or won't) see in a video which promises stripping and unmasking.
"A brass unicorn has been catapulted across a London street and impaled an eminent surgeon. Words fail me, gentlemen."
truedefiance
Producer
Producer

Heroine Addict wrote:For me, the level of nudity (such as implied, topless or full-frontal) needs to be described accurately. It really annoys me when producers write something like "she's stripped of her costume" but there's no minge on show in the video itself.

Also, a couple of producers use models who refuse to show their faces. I appreciate the models' desire for anonymity, but producers need to be honest about what we will (or won't) see in a video which promises stripping and unmasking.
I could not agree more. Better descriptions = happier customers. I am not here to bash any producers, so all will remain nameless, but there are a few I wont ever buy from again, because they seemed to have descriptions that were created to entice a buyer to think something that was not in the video would be found there.
Imagineer
Overlord
Overlord

If you think you're getting Skinemax but you end up with Lifetime, it can really ruin your evening.

I don't necessarily need a description to be a bulleted list -- to me, this actually suggests less plot & general interest and more specifically-targeted and repetitive fetish content. But it needs to be clear from the product description and the supporting materials what kind of content it is and how far it goes.

The onus isn't entirely on producers, though. In the absence of very clear evidence, buyers should assume conservatism. Of course producers shouldn't abuse fetish keywords -- "stripped" means nudity, "unmasking" means we see the mask being removed and see the heroine's face clearly -- but new producers may not have these subtleties down, and ought to be happy to answer specific questions, so if they're new to the scene, ask before you buy.
darknordic
Neophyte
Neophyte

You can ravage an enemy settlement, town or encampment. The word means a fast, fierce, highly destructive raid. If you compel a woman to engage in intercourse the word is ravish.
truedefiance
Producer
Producer

darknordic wrote:You can ravage an enemy settlement, town or encampment. The word means a fast, fierce, highly destructive raid. If you compel a woman to engage in intercourse the word is ravish.
Very true, and well put. A quick google search cleared that right up for me, thank you.
Imagineer wrote:If you think you're getting Skinemax but you end up with Lifetime, it can really ruin your evening.

I don't necessarily need a description to be a bulleted list -- to me, this actually suggests less plot & general interest and more specifically-targeted and repetitive fetish content. But it needs to be clear from the product description and the supporting materials what kind of content it is and how far it goes.

The onus isn't entirely on producers, though. In the absence of very clear evidence, buyers should assume conservatism. Of course producers shouldn't abuse fetish keywords -- "stripped" means nudity, "unmasking" means we see the mask being removed and see the heroine's face clearly -- but new producers may not have these subtleties down, and ought to be happy to answer specific questions, so if they're new to the scene, ask before you buy.
Very true on this point as well. One of the best things about this community is how us fans can contact and interact witht he producers. Unlike many movies we see to day that get destroyed by unnamed directors.. cough* cough* Last Air Bender...