RIP The Logo

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Laker great Jerry West had died

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/403 ... ies-age-86

Well respected across the NBA

One of the few successful ones as both player and GM.
MainGuy
Neophyte
Neophyte

He made the NBA Hall of Fame three different times (player, executive and member of the 1960 Olympic team)
Made the All Str team every year he played in the NBA
Only player ever to be named MVP of the NBA Finals while playing for the losing team.
RIP Mr. Clutch
joejanus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

And we lost Bill Walton only weeks ago. I actually was able to watch the '72 Lakers with Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor who won 33 straight games. On TV of course and announced by the infamous "put him in the popcorn machine" Chick Hearn. On our old Black and White TV that ran on glow in the dark vacuum tubes. I also got to watch those John Wooden UCLA teams with the full court press that sometimes literally kept the opposing team from crossing mid-court for almost the whole first half.

Stop, I'm gettin' misty.
MightyHypnotic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sad day in LA and across the nation (world?) if you're a basketball fan. Beloved by the current LA sports media. One of the best ever.

Side note when I first moved to LA I used public trans for the first 6 months and always got a kick from pulling into Chick Hearn station.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

MightyHypnotic wrote:
1 month ago
Sad day in LA and across the nation (world?) if you're a basketball fan. Beloved by the current LA sports media. One of the best ever.

Side note when I first moved to LA I used public trans for the first 6 months and always got a kick from pulling into Chick Hearn station.
From a Celtic fan: Jerry West was respected by the Celtics and their fans.
  • Information