The wonder Duo’s Day at the Library

Have stories to share? Post them here! All writers welcome.
omike777
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Another sunny fall day in the Metro City area but all is not well in the fair metropolis. Police commissioner Mooney is reading the police report and studying the details from the latest burglary from another Metro City library.

“This just has to be the work of the sinister Ms. Leeza, the evil librarian, and her two cohorts the Bookends!” the commissioner deduces.

“This calls for the dynamic duo Shining Star and Wonder Star, they’ll get to bottom of this and put Ms. Leeza out of business for sure.”

The commissioner reaches for the Wonder Duo hotline on her desk and within seconds is on the phone with Shining Star.

“Yes, commissioner”

“Shining Star, another library was broken into last night” the commissioner explains.

“Yes, I read that in the morning Metro City Gazette. What was taken?” Shining Star replied.

“It appears the library was robbed of the latest delivery of classic novels from the Victorian era. Shining Star this is a disaster and I have no doubt who is behind this.”

“I assume you mean Ms. Leeza and the bookends, ma’am.”

“Of course, Shining Star, who else?”

“I agree commissioner. Wonder Star and I will get to work right away. We’ll track the diabolical Ms. Leeza down and put her back where she belongs. We’ll keep in touch”

“Be careful Shining Star. Ms. Leeza is as tricky as they come.”

“Oh, don’t worry commissioner. We can take care of ourselves thanks. Talk with you when we have more details.”

“I heard everything Shining Star, but where do we start? We don’t have much to go on.”

“Oh but we do Wonder Star”

“I don’t understand, what do we have?” Wonder Star quizzes her mentor with a puzzled look.

“All we have to do is plug in the coordinates of all the libraries robbed to this point. That should lead us to what most likely will be Ms. Leeza’s next target.”

“Wow, Shining Star you’re right again. I should have known.”

“That’s ok Wonder Star someday you’ll have mastered all facets of crime fighting and will realize these evil diabolical fiends aren’t as clever as they think.”

“Right Shining Star, I’ve plugged in the coordinates and transmitted them into the Wonder computer. It looks like the Metro City Historical Library will be next.”

“Brilliant Wonder Star. I think we should get to the library quickly and set up our stake out. Let me call the librarian first and let her know we’re on our way.”
omike777
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

“Yes, this is Shining Star may I speak with the head librarian please?”

“Just a minute Shining Star. I’ll transfer you at once.”

Within seconds Shining Star is speaking with the head librarian Ms. Tutor or so she thinks.

“Yes Shining Star how may I help you today?”

“Ma’am, we have every reason to believe that your library will be robbed by Ms. Leeza the librarian and her evil Hench women the Bookends.”

“I don’t understand Shining Star what makes you think…”

“I don’t have time to explain ma’am. Wonder Star and I are headed over right now. We’ll explain more then.”

“Yes of course Shining Star. We’ll be expecting you?”

“Thank you, Ms.?”

“Tutor, Shining Star. Speak with you soon.”

As the librarian hangs up the phone she smiles and turns behind her. It appears that the real head librarian is gagged and tied up in a chair behind the imposter. The imposter is dressed in a dark blue business suit with a miniskirt and black nylons coupled with black high heeled ankle boots. Her hair is dark black (a wig designed to disguise her true identity) and tied-up in a bun. Her black glasses give her the appearance of a book worm albeit a very attractive one at that. The two female assistants are both dressed in gold leotards with tanned nylons and knee high gold boots. Both are blonde with their hair also tied-up in buns. Both ladies have black framed glasses also which leaves no doubt that these are the infamous Bookends.

“You were perfect Ms. Leeza!”

“Yeah, you fooled me”

“Oh thank you lefty and righty, it appears I still have the old dramatic bug in me” She laughs as she glares at the real head librarian Ms. Tutor.

“Now girls we have to act quickly as the dynamic dummies will be here soon. Remember our plan is to divide and conquer. You girls take Ms. Tutor back to the lair and make sure she is most comfortable. Call this number in exactly 30 minutes. We’ll set a ruse that another library has been robbed but as the head librarian I fell it will be a huge mistake to leave this library unprotected. I’m sure Shining Star will leave Wonder Star behind and then I can begin Wonder Star’s history lesson. Only I doubt she’ll be able to keep her eyes open for the whole lesson.”

The trio breaks out in fiendish laughter so jarring that Ms. Tutor feels shivers dashing down her spine. What fait awaits her back at the evil lair? And what lesson is Ms Leeza intending to give the brave Wonder Star? Stay tuned Wonder fans for the next exciting episode…