Fetish Tabooness vs Popularity

General discussions about superheroines!
bou
Neophyte
Neophyte

(I apologize if this has been shared on this forum before. I did a quick search for it and found nothing)

I've been thinking about how diverse the fetishes are in the SHIP community and just how "extreme" mine are relative to the genre and to... all humankind!

Sure, "extreme" is a subjective term and to rank all possible fetishes seems like quite the task to begin with. I came across this research by someone who took on this task:

https://aella.substack.com/p/fetish-tab ... popularity

Through survey data they collected, they created a pretty big chart of tabooness vs popularity... where I suppose "tabooness" is a pretty good substitute for "extreme". While "Superheroines" is not specifically listed in the chart, I see some of the more common themes of SHIP in the 10 - 35 tabooness range. I like some of the items as high up as 50's.

Do you see any fetishes in there that could/should be a bigger part of SHIP? I would love more bukkake (43), being a slave (42), and at 78 (simulated of course!). But by branding I am also thinking of writing on face or body.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Damn, whoever wrote that has a vivid imagination. I couldn’t have imagined half of those things… And I am considered pretty messed up
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I agree on more Bukkake and cum punishment!
Abductorenmadrid
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Thanks for that interesting study!

I've written stories and image manips which feature activities that appear along various parts of that chart. To me I feel that the feedback and reception I get generally aligns well with the curve . I do suspect however that if I go a little too high up the taboo factor then feedback drops off a cliff. Not necessarily because of a lack of interest, but rather people might not want to show their affinity or association to it.
My avatar courtesy of https://www.deviantart.com/sleepy-comics

My current story is Supergirl V Bane

This is all the stuff I've done here but don't tell anyone about this!
argento
Overlord
Overlord

According to this survey heroin has a popularity of between 0.8 and 1%. With 2- 3 times more men than women and with a score of 72- 74 how bad would it be if any of this leaked out. It makes sense the more taboo, the lower the popularity.
Anal sex has a popularity of 80%, with 1- 1.5 times more men than women but I thought it was higher.
bou
Neophyte
Neophyte

sneakly wrote:
10 months ago
Damn, whoever wrote that has a vivid imagination. I couldn’t have imagined half of those things… And I am considered pretty messed up
Haha yeah they did their homework. Not that it's a competition (nor do I want to kink shame), I thought I was into some pretty intense stuff too... then I came across this chart and feel pretty noob-ish
Abductorenmadrid wrote:
10 months ago
Thanks for that interesting study!

I've written stories and image manips which feature activities that appear along various parts of that chart. To me I feel that the feedback and reception I get generally aligns well with the curve . I do suspect however that if I go a little too high up the taboo factor then feedback drops off a cliff. Not necessarily because of a lack of interest, but rather people might not want to show their affinity or association to it.
Good point! I am interested in the "market research" aspect of this, hoping that this can help growth of SHIP one way or another (more variety of fetishes/greater audience and/or more sales).
argento wrote:
10 months ago
According to this survey heroin has a popularity of between 0.8 and 1%. With 2- 3 times more men than women and with a score of 72- 74 how bad would it be if any of this leaked out. It makes sense the more taboo, the lower the popularity.
Anal sex has a popularity of 80%, with 1- 1.5 times more men than women but I thought it was higher.
Unfortunately, the survey is not referring to "heroine" (as in superheroine), but "heroin" as in the drug :(

"Superheroine" is not even in the chart! But I suppose SHIP might be either too niche or too encompassing of different fetishes to count as one thing by itself. Also, as exhaustive as this study may seem, it was still based on self-reported surveys after all. Maybe it didn't hit enough anal sex survey takers to get a super accurate reaction.
argento
Overlord
Overlord

argento wrote:
10 months ago
Unfortunately, the survey is not referring to "heroine" (as in superheroine), but "heroin" as in the drug :(

"Superheroine" is not even in the chart! But I suppose SHIP might be either too niche or too encompassing of different fetishes to count as one thing by itself. Also, as exhaustive as this study may seem, it was still based on self-reported surveys after all. Maybe it didn't hit enough anal sex survey takers to get a super accurate reaction.
[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, I never thought of that drug.