Looking for stories by The Cliffhanger

Want to just talk about stories? Float a request, do some research, recruit a partner in crime? Then come on in and have yourself a pint.
Darak
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Hello!

I'm looking for any stories written by my favorite author, The Cliffhanger. He (or she?) wrote very sexy stories which usually involved elaborate deathtraps, often started in media res, and starred Batgirl or an original but similary non-powered superheroine. Several stories were related to stage magic, and included some supernatural elements. All of them were very well written, with great pacing, lots of peril, and really cool background details and world building. Unfortunately, looks like Cliffhanger wrote stories only for a few years between 1999 and 2004 and has not been around for decades :(

Those stories are hard to find nowadays. I've found some of those in the alt.sex.stories archives, and a few of them were submitted to Wizard's Lair contests, including some winners, but most are missing in action, sadly.

Does anyone remember this particular author, or even has stored some of those stories?

I've been able to recover the following ones:
  • Aquagirl: Red Hot Ssummer Of Doom
  • Batgirl: The Curse Of Nefertiti
  • Batgirl: The Arc Of The Gold Bug
  • Batgirl: The Tournament Of Death
  • Nightvision: Death In The Spotlight
  • Nightvision: City Lights
  • Raven: The Lords Of Death
  • Black Fury: River Of Tears
  • Silk Specter: Tempest Tossed
  • Silk Specter: The Last Roundup
  • Silk Specter: Pawn Of The Prime Sinister (incomplete)
I also have a Dominoe story from Trent Wolf which I think was partially written by him.

I know I'm missing at least one Nightvision story, and I don't know if the last Silk Specter one was ever finished (this Silk Specter was an original character, unrelated to the DC heroine of similar name). Another author, ScandalX, wrote some Batgirl stories set in the same universe, which are also excellent.
batgurl4rp
Neophyte
Neophyte

Where are these stories and how can I read them?
Darak
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

At some point you could just Google for those, but they seem to be hard to find nowadays. Some of those could be found at the Wizard's Lair as he won one of the competitions there if I recall correctly, and others were from newsgroups or the old Trent Wolf groups.

I don't think there is anything wrong about sharing them since all of those were publically available, so here they are:

https://thunder-girl.org/ebooks/Cliffhanger.epub

Sorry about the epub format, I converted those for ebook reading at some point and I don't have the originals anymore. You can read this with Edge or with any ebook reader app.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

No issue with sharing what was freely available content.
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
xzrilm
Neophyte
Neophyte

Thanks for sharing these!! Yes it's been getting harder and harder to find the old stuff :(
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I found an excellent story by ScandalX called "Batgirl: Liquid Solution" that I'd never read before. It was really fantastic. Thanks for the link!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Darak
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Thank you guys!

Looks like I also had a bunch of Dominoe stories from Trent Wolf & others in ebook format, and there's also a Cliffhanger story there. I'm also having difficulties finding those on the net, so I'm going to share it too just in case.

https://thunder-girl.org/ebooks/Dominoe.epub

The Dominoe stories are very similar to the previous ones, despite Dominoe being a super-spy and not a superheroine. If you are not familiar with those, I really recommend them (alongside anything else you can find by Trent Wolf).
SiarX
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Does anyone still have any of stories mentioned in this thread (i.e. by Cliffhanger or ScandalX)? Would love to read them. Links no longer work(
Bladebur
Henchman
Henchman

I still have a copy of the original files, I just sent you a PM with them.
SiarX
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Thank you. Still look for ScandalX stuff
tmon
Elder Member
Elder Member

Do you have Power of the belt?
SiarX
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Yup, it was available on https://www.theheroineproject.art
theheroineproject
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Anyone happen to still have these ebook files? I'd love to rescue them.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I have the e-book
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Send me aPM with a regular email and I will send it to you
Bladebur
Henchman
Henchman

I didn't even remember about this, but I've restored the epub in the Thunder Girl website. It should work again.

Reading stories in an old ebook reader was cool back then, but it's sad that the RPUB format is such a complete disaster.
theheroineproject
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Got them! Thank you
theheroineproject
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Uploaded the ScandalX stories, more to come as I get time. (I try to do a max of 4 a day so will also dictate the pace)
https://www.theheroineproject.art/stori ... /#ScandalX