RYE's latest work--reviews and comments?

New vids from your favorite Superheroine content producers!
Forum rules
This forum is for Producers to announce and discuss their new releases. Any discussion for future releases or script ideas should be done in the Superheroine Lounge
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Rye has had a few new releases of late, and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about them. Without the usual forum in which to discuss the new material, I was hoping to have a thread here where people could either recommend or review or critique the works. I'm more on the fence with the current materials. Any feedback would be quite useful and appreciated.
Ignore any virtue-signaling; it's clearly just you.

Ignore any activism; it clearly doesn't exist.

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!
Ignore your common sense!

Everything is entirely normal and ignore the radical changes to culture.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Can you post urls? I don't always recall other peoples' site addresses. Thanks.
https://www.shg-media.com/DisplayStore. ... erID=chris
Last edited by Mr. X 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
luther
Henchman
Henchman

Rye is definitely switching gears from real life superheroines to animated. I thought his most recent SG animation was decent, although a little overpriced. Rye has always been great with peril, especially Kos, which the animated SG definitely had. I just saw where he release an AI SG photoset, but I'm not paying $34 for it. His work in the past is some of the best in terms of peril and really attractive Superheroines. He does peril really well, but spends to much time lately on the sex part,in many cases naked, which I'm sure some like more, although I'm more of a pure peril and KO fan and have them remaining in costume, which is the SH aspect. As I've always said, its the costume that creates are genre, where a naked woman (not that there's any thing wrong with that) you can find anywhere. I just have a hard time paying $30+ bucks on animation unless its really long and well done. Luther
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Always makes quality work. His style reminds me of the old SHC days.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
I was thinking the same thing. Now if he could make an Ultragirl and Gold Avenger movie using those SHC costumes, I would pay double his going prices!

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sugarcoater wrote:
10 months ago
Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
I was thinking the same thing. Now if he could make an Ultragirl and Gold Avenger movie using those SHC costumes, I would pay double his going prices!
Yup simplest costumes but they worked. Gold leotard and some gold paint sprayed thigh boots and gold opera gloves.
madcat17d
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

I think his latest projects are overpriced, $35 for an 11 minute animation, or photo set. No doubt quality is there, but the price point is way too high. At least me anyway.
Victor
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

madcat17d wrote:
10 months ago
I think his latest projects are overpriced, $35 for an 11 minute animation, or photo set. No doubt quality is there, but the price point is way too high. At least me anyway.
The Rye has frequent sales, usually half-priced although even $17.50 seems a bit expensive for a 11 minute cartoon despite the fact that the Rye does excellent work.

Also, the Rye is still making live-action movies.
Last edited by Victor 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

Victor wrote:
10 months ago
madcat17d wrote:
10 months ago
The Rye has frequent sails, usually half-priced although even $17.50 seems a bit expensive for a 11 minute cartoon despite the fact that the Rye does excellent work.

Also, the Rye is still making live-action movies.
Yeah. I'm waiting for his half-price sales myself.
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I'll put it out there: I'm thinking of buying the animated clip to support Rye's move into that field (though I hope he continues with the actual videos he's been producing the past 15+ years). I think supporting the work will lead to even better endeavors in the field. But, as I've frequently written, I'm a Rye fan and am not entirely objective ;)

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

PartsUnknown
Henchman
Henchman

I personally have no interest in the animation or photo sets. Live action only please. I hope Rye doesn’t abandon the live action films.
Victor
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

sugarcoater wrote:
10 months ago
I'll put it out there: I'm thinking of buying the animated clip to support Rye's move into that field (though I hope he continues with the actual videos he's been producing the past 15+ years). I think supporting the work will lead to even better endeavors in the field. But, as I've frequently written, I'm a Rye fan and am not entirely objective ;)
Let us know what you think about it if you do get it.
bbsucks
Henchman
Henchman

So, I bought both the first animated video as well as the first AI photo pack.

My short short (short) review is that I would be willing to buy another animated video, but will likely pass on any future photo packs (and actually have, as the second one launched tonight, it looks like).

I think the animated video is a little bit overpriced. It just seemed really expensive for what it was. It wasn't as polished as it could have been. It wasn't as fluid of a story as filmed content (as it kind of skipped stuff that I'm assuming they didn't want to animate because it wasn't "the action"), and it also didn't really do anything you couldn't do with live actresses. The villain had sex with Supergirl while she was tied to a bed. All that being said, it just really seemed like a first effort. I'm sure, if these kinds of videos continue to get made, the polish will come. Maybe a level of proficiency will be achieved where some of the "in between action scenes" storytelling or continuity things won't be such a high effort that they're not even worth doing. And I have to imagine at some point, whether fueled by Rye or custom orderers, someone will make the connection that you can do things in animation you can't do in live action. Whether that's big ass hulking villains, more people, more extreme action, destructive environments, unrealistic environments (IE - the sky) or hell... even just outside. To me, unlocking these possibilities seems like the whole point of going 3D animation. And I'm sure it'll get there, and I'll probably check it out.

As for the AI photos. Eh. They're just pictures of a pretty girl in a supergirl costume. Not really any peril. Some turn out better than others. And while I don't know how to make them myself, I kind of suspect I could figure it out. It actually wouldn't surprise me if people were putting together similar offerings for free on deviantart. I'm sure at some point AI will unlock something exciting and cool in the genre, but I don't think really expensive photo packs are it. Or I'm not seeing it, yet.
saxman314
Henchman
Henchman

bbsucks wrote:
10 months ago
So, I bought both the first animated video as well as the first AI photo pack.

My short short (short) review is that I would be willing to buy another animated video, but will likely pass on any future photo packs (and actually have, as the second one launched tonight, it looks like).

I think the animated video is a little bit overpriced. It just seemed really expensive for what it was. It wasn't as polished as it could have been. It wasn't as fluid of a story as filmed content (as it kind of skipped stuff that I'm assuming they didn't want to animate because it wasn't "the action"), and it also didn't really do anything you couldn't do with live actresses. The villain had sex with Supergirl while she was tied to a bed. All that being said, it just really seemed like a first effort. I'm sure, if these kinds of videos continue to get made, the polish will come. Maybe a level of proficiency will be achieved where some of the "in between action scenes" storytelling or continuity things won't be such a high effort that they're not even worth doing. And I have to imagine at some point, whether fueled by Rye or custom orderers, someone will make the connection that you can do things in animation you can't do in live action. Whether that's big ass hulking villains, more people, more extreme action, destructive environments, unrealistic environments (IE - the sky) or hell... even just outside. To me, unlocking these possibilities seems like the whole point of going 3D animation. And I'm sure it'll get there, and I'll probably check it out.

As for the AI photos. Eh. They're just pictures of a pretty girl in a supergirl costume. Not really any peril. Some turn out better than others. And while I don't know how to make them myself, I kind of suspect I could figure it out. It actually wouldn't surprise me if people were putting together similar offerings for free on deviantart. I'm sure at some point AI will unlock something exciting and cool in the genre, but I don't think really expensive photo packs are it. Or I'm not seeing it, yet.
FWIW making AI photos that tell a story is HARD. Even more so with peril. And with an antagonist in the same frame as the heroine... well I've been trying to get a good pic for weeks. It requires more advanced techniques and a lot of time to even get close. It looks like Rye has actually trained an AI on a particular face, too, which is in itself a big investment of time.

These things will come along with time, but as of right now, the packs he's selling are pretty much the most practical solution. There are definitely similar offerings elsewhere, but most people making them with decent quality are monetizing them at some level right now, it looks like.
bbsucks
Henchman
Henchman

On that note, and this is strictly my opinion.. The photo pack is $35. A subscription to mage.space is $20 and it's more fun to mess around with that. It does indeed take a bit of patience to coax some good stuff out of it and you definitely can't get too adult with it (seems like the AI can only really track one thing on the image), but the site is setup pretty well with guardrails to remove a lot of the jank you can get on other sites and pretty good exploration of what other people have done to build off of.

My opinion is that that's a better use of money. You don't get the same girl in every photo but you do get to use your own imagination and do whatever you want to do. That being said, AI is improving so ridiculously fast. I'm sure it'll be at a point where people are doing things that are 100% worth paying money for sooner than later.

And on the subject of AI stuff, while it is kind of fun to play around with making something from nothing, probably the most exciting application is to combine it with human skills (as opposed to replacing them). Speed up video production by having AI handle some of the more tedious tasks. Or create rough cuts of things that someone can then go in and work with rather than having to start from scratch. On that note, it's good to see someone like Rye embracing the technology and learning how to use it at this early stage. Adding it to his video production skillset as a tool could only benefit us.
saxman314
Henchman
Henchman

bbsucks wrote:
10 months ago
On that note, and this is strictly my opinion.. The photo pack is $35. A subscription to mage.space is $20 and it's more fun to mess around with that. It does indeed take a bit of patience to coax some good stuff out of it and you definitely can't get too adult with it (seems like the AI can only really track one thing on the image), but the site is setup pretty well with guardrails to remove a lot of the jank you can get on other sites and pretty good exploration of what other people have done to build off of.

My opinion is that that's a better use of money. You don't get the same girl in every photo but you do get to use your own imagination and do whatever you want to do. That being said, AI is improving so ridiculously fast. I'm sure it'll be at a point where people are doing things that are 100% worth paying money for sooner than later.

And on the subject of AI stuff, while it is kind of fun to play around with making something from nothing, probably the most exciting application is to combine it with human skills (as opposed to replacing them). Speed up video production by having AI handle some of the more tedious tasks. Or create rough cuts of things that someone can then go in and work with rather than having to start from scratch. On that note, it's good to see someone like Rye embracing the technology and learning how to use it at this early stage. Adding it to his video production skillset as a tool could only benefit us.
Oh yeah definitely, AI is being used like that in my industry already and it's gonna increase massively over the next couple years for sure. I've been renting a 4090 on runpod so I can use automatic 1111 and make whatever kinky shit I want on there. There are checkpoints you can use that will absolutely give you decent hardcore stuff, but more complex interactions between characters is very difficult. I'm trying to get one with a big burly guard slamming a Wonder Woman over a table, and it's been daunting.
bbsucks
Henchman
Henchman

Haha. I've spent the better part of the last 3 days trying to get a tentacle to go into supergirl. I've got a great pose, great facial expression, a tentacle... nearish the target. But cannot get it to hit the mark. I will say, it has been a fun endeavor, though. Filled with weird tentacle arms, and messed up faces.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Checkpoints only give you what they are trained for. So you get a spread of the same pose with variations.
saxman314
Henchman
Henchman

bbsucks wrote:
10 months ago
Haha. I've spent the better part of the last 3 days trying to get a tentacle to go into supergirl. I've got a great pose, great facial expression, a tentacle... nearish the target. But cannot get it to hit the mark. I will say, it has been a fun endeavor, though. Filled with weird tentacle arms, and messed up faces.
I'm sure that's the kind of thing you can train a LORA for. I'm equally sure your supergirl will come out mysteriously Japanese lol
sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bbsucks wrote:
10 months ago
When you do finish that piece, feel free to post it on this site ;)

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

bbsucks
Henchman
Henchman

sugarcoater wrote:
10 months ago
Gave up on the tentacle bit but experimenting with ways to create peril with just one person on screen. I think this one worked. Looks like she got into a fight with some nefarious villain. I don't think it went well.

sugarcoater
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

bbsucks wrote:
9 months ago
sugarcoater wrote:
10 months ago
Gave up on the tentacle bit but experimenting with ways to create peril with just one person on screen. I think this one worked. Looks like she got into a fight with some nefarious villain. I don't think it went well.

Absolutely fantastic! Love the idea of a disheveled Supergirl with a torn up costume dumped unceremoniously in a large dumpster. Outstanding stuff, and thank you for sharing it!

Be very careful!
Don't be indoctrinated!

DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Just a gorgeous picture! Thanks for sharing. Tentacle not needed, imho.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025