Mortal Kombat 1

All Online Games!
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

I’m excited for this game. It’s no surprise that the MK universe has been fully rebooted given what we seen the ending on MK 11. Now I can’t wait to see gameplay videos, which ain’t gonna be long since it’s coming out this September.
Just a man who loves powerful ladies in skintight spandex. Tight is right.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

This business of using the number 1 for sequels is something I'm quite strongly not a fan of. Not as bad as the whole Xbox debacle.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

ivandobsky wrote:
10 months ago
This business of using the number 1 for sequels is something I'm quite strongly not a fan of. Not as bad as the whole Xbox debacle.
It confused me somewhat, too since I still view it as MK 12 along with fact that is their 2nd reboot after MK 9 after the Armageddon game. It’s little understandable that they label it as 1 since they fully starting fresh like DC did with new 52 & then Rebirth. But it’s still confusing.
Femina
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

uuuuuh Idk? MK9 being JUST 'mortal kombat' is a little bit disengenuous... but I think in this case it's both 'different' from any title before since the original and the reboot are both just 'Mortal Kombat' no '1' included AND it sort of vibes with what this entry of the game ACTUALLY is...

Unlike the previous HARD reboot... this may not even be as 'soft' a reboot as it first appears. This is a direct continuation of MK 11 and the storyline appears as though that fact will feature in it heavily. He's reset the universe, creating 'a' Mortal Kombat starting point... but knows, like we do, that it isn't the real starting point... as evident by what appears to be invaders from a potential DIFFERENT timeline? Hence why it isn't just named 'Mortal Kombat' again.

Mortal Kombat 1 is ACTUALLY, unironically, a unique name for the title since the original and reboot do not use a number at all.

I really HOPE it's just mostly a nice soft reboot cause I hate multiverses... but I suspect it's multiverses.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

We see. The only thing is confirmed that Liu Kang did indeed fully reset the universe in MK11. Given that the game is coming out in September, we should get little more info teased by Ed Boon along with preview gameplay very soon.
Femina wrote:
10 months ago
uuuuuh Idk? MK9 being JUST 'mortal kombat' is a little bit disengenuous... but I think in this case it's both 'different' from any title before since the original and the reboot are both just 'Mortal Kombat' no '1' included AND it sort of vibes with what this entry of the game ACTUALLY is...

Unlike the previous HARD reboot... this may not even be as 'soft' a reboot as it first appears. This is a direct continuation of MK 11 and the storyline appears as though that fact will feature in it heavily. He's reset the universe, creating 'a' Mortal Kombat starting point... but knows, like we do, that it isn't the real starting point... as evident by what appears to be invaders from a potential DIFFERENT timeline? Hence why it isn't just named 'Mortal Kombat' again.

Mortal Kombat 1 is ACTUALLY, unironically, a unique name for the title since the original and reboot do not use a number at all.

I really HOPE it's just mostly a nice soft reboot cause I hate multiverses... but I suspect it's multiverses.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

They finally showed gameplay trailer on today's Summer Game Fest 2023.

This indeed a full rebooted universe & Scorpion & Sub-zero are brothers now & Raiden is young, cocky student, behavior very similar to Kung Lao in previous game. I'm gonna get this game.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

On top of we can now pre-order the game, they finally release some of the fighters' bio: https://www.mortalkombat.com/en-us/game

It's interesting that Sub-Zero/Scorpion & Kitana/Mileena are blood brothers & sisters, respectively. Curious on how their stories plays out & they become enemies once again like in the old timeline.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

They had Kombat Kast live yesterday on showcasing more gameplays, mostly Johnny Cage & Scorpion with more Kameo characters as well as debuting Smoke. They should've show Mileena & Raiden and reveal the whole roster since the game is gonna be release in 2 months. Unless they surprise us.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

Oh hoo hoo!! More character reveal; Lei Mau, Tanya, & Baraka!!

In addition, they gonna release Kombat Pack of guest characters; Emacs, Onmi-man, Homlander, Quan Chi, & Takeda!! The rumors are true after all.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

Here’s a trailer with Geras. Since it’s now revealed that he has memories all the timelines before this new one, meaning that he & Liu Kang are the only ones who have knows everything.

And the new trailer released today in EVO with Reptile back with Ashrah & Havik with new Kameo of Sareena. I now can’t wait til I get this game:
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

New trailer release today from Gamescon that finally show Sindel, General Shao Kahn, Motaro, & Shujinko. I now need to get a PS5.