Superman and Lois Season 3 or

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sup ... 03343.html[Is Schedule set]

I thought by putting tag comment that would shorten up the url address. Sorry, not sure how to do that.

But what do any of you know about Superman and Lois season 3?

Is there still one Earth, earth 1 after the crisis series in the arrow verse cross episodes/

As far as cross episodes, Flash did not call on or have superman come to help.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Superman exists in his own universe.

At the end of season 2 the two worlds are back to normal and apparently people can cross over. Superman's brother went to the bizarro world.
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Superman exists in his own universe.

At the end of season 2 the two worlds are back to normal and apparently people can cross over. Superman's brother went to the bizarro world.
I bought the first episode from season 1, and it bored me to death.

Supergirl season 6 was a disaster as was the flash last season.

If they were smart, they'd find a way to revive the version of Herrison Wells who was an interesting character From the Flash, season 3. His portrayal of that Harrison Wells was his best.

As to finding someone to play Supergirl, if I have a suggestion,. Natalie Angst who started her singing career with
The Honeybee Trios, then went on to perform with the Glenn Miller Orchestra..

She is a much better singer than the CW version of Sueprgirl and same figure. Only thing, she'd have to not reenlist in the Airforce.

To find her photos and hear how she sings,
Youtube search: The Glenn Miller Orchestra In Clarinda Iowa, 2015.

You can also youtube: The Honeybee Trios Singing both: Don't Fence Me In and Oh Johnny. Both songs staples of the Andrew sisters.

Both those songs will give you a huge smile and see why Natalie would make a great Supergirl to boot.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I pretty much only watched the clips on youtube. I can image most of the show is slow.
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

dragontigerandhorse1985 wrote:
1 year ago

I thought by putting tag comment that would shorten up the url address. Sorry, not sure how to do that.

Is there still one Earth, earth 1 after the crisis series in the arrow verse cross episodes/

Funny you should ask that. I was asking myself the same question after Sam Lane alluded to Superman being the only super in that universe. I read on a Wiki page that producers of superman & Lois consider the show to be a separate entity apart from the rest of the CW arrowverse shows. I was initially confused as well as it definitely muddied the waters that Tulloch and Hoechlin as Lois and Superman appeared prominently during crisis, but their subsequent series had no connection with that event. The producers should have made that non association with other arrowverse shows more clear during the beginning of the series.
dragontigerandhorse1985
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

bushwackerbob wrote:
1 year ago
dragontigerandhorse1985 wrote:
1 year ago

Funny you should ask that. I was asking myself the same question after Sam Lane alluded to Superman being the only super in that universe. I read on a Wiki page that producers of superman & Lois consider the show to be a separate entity apart from the rest of the CW arrowverse shows. I was initially confused as well as it definitely muddied the waters that Tulloch and Hoechlin as Lois and Superman appeared prominently during crisis, but their subsequent series had no connection with that event. The producers should have made that non association with other arrowverse shows more clear during the beginning of the series.

Supergirl Se one ep one made it clear Superman & Lois were a huge part of the CW universe.

It is laziness to not keep it going.

as to supergirl, Benoist from what I heard did not want intense peril due to her life experiences.

They shoud've found an actress who'd be willing to have thoase scenes. & good writing & not so much effort to be politically correct cold've made the series so much better.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

[/quote]

Supergirl Se one ep one made it clear Superman & Lois were a huge part of the CW universe.

as to supergirl, Benoist from what I heard did not want intense peril due to her life experiences.

They shoud've found an actress who'd be willing to have thoase scenes. & good writing & not so much effort to be politically correct cold've made the series so much better.
[/quote]

I believe I heard that Melissa's first husband abused her during the second season, hence why the peril levels dropped then! :angry:
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Danorian wrote:
1 year ago

[/quote]

I believe I heard that Melissa's first husband abused her during the second season, hence why the peril levels dropped then! :angry:
[/quote]
Tyler Hoechlin, the actor who played Superman in Supergirl in at least 3-5 episodes that I can recall on the CW, and also played Superman during crisis was a part of the CW arrowverse, but as the producers explained it, the show was originally intended to be part of the arrowverse, but sometime during season one, the Showrunner Todd Helbing and Warner Brothers decided to keep Superman & Lois separate and apart from their fellow arrowverse shows. Wikipedia claims the show officially confirmed the show was not part of the arrowverse in the season 2 finale. I had a thread on here bitching about your lament about inconsistencies with Superman & Lois, especially after Sam Lane said Superman was the only hope for Earth, the only hero, and the continuity issues in regard to Crisis, but after investigating this on Wikipedia and other sources I found out why Superman is the only hero in their universe, and that is because S & L is their own thing. I didn't know that until a few months ago. The Showrunner and the producers should have been more vocal about that aspect.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Is this Superman and Lois Season 3 thread? Seems a bit jumbly. But if so, here's the heads up:

Superman & Lois Season 3 debuts on the CW on March 14. I suppose it will be the final season?
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Is this Superman and Lois Season 3 thread? Seems a bit jumbly. But if so, here's the heads up:

Superman & Lois Season 3 debuts on the CW on March 14. I suppose it will be the final season?
https://deadline.com/2023/01/superman-a ... 235245712/
Superman & Lois likely will continue “for one or two more seasons,” according to DC Studios bosses James Gunn and Peter Safran.

Gunn and Safran spoke about the Greg Berlanti-produced CW series during a press event Monday. “It’s a show everybody likes, so it’s going to keep going for a little bit,” said Gunn when asked about the show.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Nykron wrote:
1 year ago
https://deadline.com/2023/01/superman-a ... 235245712/
Superman & Lois likely will continue “for one or two more seasons,” according to DC Studios bosses James Gunn and Peter Safran.

Gunn and Safran spoke about the Greg Berlanti-produced CW series during a press event Monday. “It’s a show everybody likes, so it’s going to keep going for a little bit,” said Gunn when asked about the show.
Great!

Good to hear that Nexstar isn't stripping the network to the bone immediately, although I can't fathom how they can keep affording the production costs on a bloated show like S&L.

I do love the comment about how everyone likes the show. It's true. They fired that one woman who had a problem with it.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Is anyone watching Supes & Lois Season 3? I'm afraid they might not be, because even the first episode only got 750K viewers.
Which would be a shame, because not only is this the best superhero show - it's one of the best shows on TV today, period.

There's no political bias. When social issues are mentioned (as happens in Episode 2) they're introduced in a meaningful and subtle way, not with hitting viewers over the head. And they're integral to the plot, not tangential to it.

But most importantly, there is heart-wrenching drama in this show that pulls in the viewer's empathy.
And Superman is portrayed as a hero in *every* respect. He is a hero to the world, a hero to the city, and most of all, a hero to his family.
The Kent, Irons, and Lang-Cortez families are strong families who get through problems.

The values conveyed by this show are important, immense, and complete. And on the rare instances you see a guy crying, there is a *real* reason for it, unlike on The Flash.

I'm very impressed that the CW could pull something off this meaningful (well. actually it's the first season released under the 'DC Studios' banner) in these days of disposable and forgettable television, and especially in the sense that these kinds of high-budget superhero shows are coming to their very end on the network anyway.

This show has heart! And the acting is great. I recommend giving it a watch. I'm up to speed as of Episode 3.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I don't get CW but I watch clips on U-tube. What amazes me is they do so well with Superman using the same budget and CG as Supergirl. And they set up Manheim very well. He plays either the victim or the person knowing they are doing bad but because he's "Saving his people". Classic bad person vibes and not the mustache twirling type. I'm a victim or I'm doing this for a good cause while really knowing they are bad is usually the kinds of bad people in real life.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
I don't get CW but I watch clips on U-tube. What amazes me is they do so well with Superman using the same budget and CG as Supergirl. And they set up Manheim very well. He plays either the victim or the person knowing they are doing bad but because he's "Saving his people". Classic bad person vibes and not the mustache twirling type. I'm a victim or I'm doing this for a good cause while really knowing they are bad is usually the kinds of bad people in real life.
They made him too close to the character of Tobias Whale. In the comics, he is supposed to be a regional *rival* of Tobias Whale, not a copycat of him.
roy-hakim-bruno-mannheim.jpg
roy-hakim-bruno-mannheim.jpg (90.83 KiB) Viewed 3783 times
bruno mannheim actual.gif
bruno mannheim actual.gif (44.54 KiB) Viewed 3783 times
It's no big deal - the show is still great. But let's be honest here: it still does what it has to do, castingwise. Just interweaves it well into the plot.

Anyhow, I am enjoying the show a lot.
You can't simply watch CW on your computer?
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Is anyone watching Supes & Lois Season 3? I'm afraid they might not be, because even the first episode only got 750K viewers.
Which would be a shame, because not only is this the best superhero show - it's one of the best shows on TV today, period.

There's no political bias. When social issues are mentioned (as happens in Episode 2) they're introduced in a meaningful and subtle way, not with hitting viewers over the head. And they're integral to the plot, not tangential to it.

But most importantly, there is heart-wrenching drama in this show that pulls in the viewer's empathy.
And Superman is portrayed as a hero in *every* respect. He is a hero to the world, a hero to the city, and most of all, a hero to his family.
The Kent, Irons, and Lang-Cortez families are strong families who get through problems.

The values conveyed by this show are important, immense, and complete. And on the rare instances you see a guy crying, there is a *real* reason for it, unlike on The Flash.

I'm very impressed that the CW could pull something off this meaningful (well. actually it's the first season released under the 'DC Studios' banner) in these days of disposable and forgettable television, and especially in the sense that these kinds of high-budget superhero shows are coming to their very end on the network anyway.

This show has heart! And the acting is great. I recommend giving it a watch. I'm up to speed as of Episode 3.
I watch the show and I enjoy it. By CW standards, the show is excellent. By 1980's or 1990's standards, the quality of the show would fit right in with those eras offerings. The bar has been raised in this golden era of high quality dramas broadcast on streaming platforms, HBO, Showtime, and cable. Most network shows nowadays pale in comparison to the quality of shows on streaming and cable, those platforms are bold, they take risks and test the boundaries, while the broadcast networks mostly play it safe. The last network drama to win the Emmy for best show was "24", in 2005. Superman& Lois is OK, and I watch it, but I totally understand why these shows are going away, they simply don't measure up in this era.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
I don't know. Can I?
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
shevek wrote:
1 year ago
I don't know. Can I?
Yes, at https://www.cwtv.com/
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

I've been rather irked that this series is beyond the Arrow-verse, but then again, it would be funky if the boys had a Supergirl poster on their wall, and then find out she's their aunt!
Now for the "meat".
Spoiler
Honestly, how many of us are tired of the classic "OMG, she has cancer" trope? This isn't the 80's or 90's. Heck! My Mom was a breast cancer survivor. And then, we get to a complaint I had from a season or two ago-this Superman's Fortress of Solitude sucks so much compared to Supergirl's!
If this cancer was happening in Kara's Universe, logically Kara would take her sister-in-law to her fortress, have Kelex scan her, and bingo! Kryptonian super-science to the rescue!
Yes, I figure Kara and Kal wouldn't like using Kryptonian science to help Earth's issues, but to save a spouse? As for this version? I figure the Lara hologram could scan Lois(like she scanned Jordan), and be able to come up with a cure. But no, we're gonna have the rest of the season with a grown man, two teen boys, and a woman going woe is me over this illness that could be rather easily cured by comic book science.
Did the writers turn to the other CW writers for this trope? And they were doing so good!
Sorry to hide that rant under the cover of spoilers, but I'm trying not to spoil stuff for people that like to binge watch series.

My 2 cents.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Spoiler
For what its worth I agree with you on the cancer trope. I have an elderly relative with breast cancer. She goes to treatments etc. Doing fine, doesn't dwell on it. I think the worse thing is Lois is woefully under utilized. She simply sits around and scolds the boys. Kind of like Iris on the Flash. Its not like she's getting into peril and Supes has to save her which I thought was going to happen most of the time. She has no real consequence to the story. Heck maybe the actress wants off the show. Now why can't Clark just heat vision away the cancer.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Anyone still following this show? It's a very solid superhero soap opera.
Most of the time is spent on the inter-relationship stuff, and then you get about two minutes of evil-fighting action,
for example in Episode 6 "Of Sound Mind" which I just watched.

In this episode, it had to do with
Spoiler
Bruno Mannheim and his allies trying to kill Superman, I guess because if they can obtain his body, he can find a cure for his wife a bit quicker.
We find out that the sound-based villainess who has been sporadically appearing in the series is actually Bruno's wife, Peia.
She is the CW universe's version of a DC villain (created by Kevin Smith, and first seen in Green Arrow #12 in 2002) named Onomatopeia.
The original Onomatopoeia was a white male, not a black female, and also didn't have any outright superpowers, just fighting prowess.
Attn Maskripper: there's an unmasking in this episode.
There's also a sexy scene with Chrissy and Kyle making love in bed.
And I've got to say that even as a put-upon single mom, Emanuelle Chriqui still manages to look pretty hot.

Anyway, I'm following the plot of this final season with interest, but unfortunately I don't think there's going to be a really satisfying "big bad" in the concluding episodes, because Bruno Mannheim simply doesn't fit the bill - he's no Doomsday or Darkseid, or even Lex Luthor.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Spoiler
The reasoning behind why they couldn't use Kryptonian tech to cure Lois was absurd. Plus, I suspect Manheim gave her cancer, probably to keep superman around since the public knows they are chums. It could also be Lois hanging around superman and all the crap he gets exposed to probably gave her cancer. Kryptonite is still radioactive. How many times has she been near it. BTW I think Superman's mom died of cancer too. So if he gave her cancer then its only right the fortress heals her. Oh well, at least they tried to deal with that glaring loophole.

I feel sorry for the actress cause for 3 seasons she just did nothing. An occasional adventure but most of the time she's just at home worrying or yelling at the boys.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
11 months ago
Attn Maskripper: there's an unmasking in this episode.
Hmh, that sounds interesting indeed!
Haven't watched anything from the season so far as the show is only... mildly... entertaining and interesting for me.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

I've been enjoying this series much more than I expected to. Yes, the number of actual peril scenes for Superman is pretty low but the drama has been good. And, honestly, Mr. X, you're right, Lois getting cancer has been the most interesting work the actress has had to do since the start of the series. In addition, I have to say that the switch of actors playing son Jonathan Kent was a bit odd to me at first but now I've gotten adjusted to it. Pretty decent show.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

DrDominator9 wrote:
11 months ago
I've been enjoying this series much more than I expected to. Yes, the number of actual peril scenes for Superman is pretty low but the drama has been good. And, honestly, Mr. X, you're right, Lois getting cancer has been the most interesting work the actress has had to do since the start of the series. In addition, I have to say that the switch of actors playing son Jonathan Kent was a bit odd to me at first but now I've gotten adjusted to it. Pretty decent show.
I agree with you, I am surprised to find myself enjoying this show more than I ever have this season. The writing is sharper, more focused, better stories, and giving the actors more of a chance to shine. I am not surprised at the praise for Tulloch. I find it somewhat ironic that with these CW superhero shows winding down, the network finally figures out how to write a solid, nuanced and compelling superhero drama.
shevek
Producer
Producer

EPs 7 and 8.

Wow. The writing in this show is top-notch.
There are such intricate soap opera plots that you'd think it was the Smallville version of The Bold and the Beautiful,
and then all of a sudden there's an intense superhero battle (see the end of Episode 8).

I don't know why this particular episode's writer has such an obsession with The Cure but they work the theme of the song "I Will Always Love You"
into many of the plot threads. It's seems like it's being presented as a metaphor for the intense family relationships in this show.

Sorry to say for Maskripper that Peia (aka the female Onomatopoeia) is no longer masked, although we do see lots of deadly sonic power usage on her part (she has more screen time than any other powered character, including Superman).

I was wondering who's going to be the Big Bad now that Bruno Mannheim is seen as sympathetic, but then they go and turn him back into a heel
just in time for the upcoming two-part conclusion where it looks like he's going to send his Bizarro clone up against the Man of Steel.
Bruno has lots of proxies to fight his battles, and that seems to be one of his biggest weaknesses.

Should be an exciting final conflict.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I was thinking about the fortress denying Lois any medical treatment and how Jonathan probably also is SOL. It helped Jordan with kryptonite poisoning but I doubt Lois and Jon will see any medical care. Kind of sucks. Would love Jon to just walk away and start to rebel or at least find his own path. Plus Lois's dad does jack squat with Jon.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
I was thinking about the fortress denying Lois any medical treatment and how Jonathan probably also is SOL. It helped Jordan with kryptonite poisoning but I doubt Lois and Jon will see any medical care. Kind of sucks. Would love Jon to just walk away and start to rebel or at least find his own path. Plus Lois's dad does jack squat with Jon.
The whole idea that if Clark used the Kryptonian tech to heal Lois, he would also have to open the tech up to everyone on Earth, is bunk.
He has a *secret identity*. He can also do *secret healing* for his family. The excuse doesn't make any sense.

That's the one thing I don't like about the story. Other than that, the dynamics amongst all the families are tremendous.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
10 months ago
Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
The whole idea that if Clark used the Kryptonian tech to heal Lois, he would also have to open the tech up to everyone on Earth, is bunk.
He has a *secret identity*. He can also do *secret healing* for his family. The excuse doesn't make any sense.

That's the one thing I don't like about the story. Other than that, the dynamics amongst all the families are tremendous.
I think they were hanging a lantern on it to deal with the issue. "Why can't super krypton tech cure cancer?"
Now I could see the fortress saying it can cure kryptonians cause they can take it and those cures have nothing to do with earth medicine. Their biologies are different and they did allude to this. But that means Jon is SOL since he's pretty much human. At this point Jon has no real connection to this family anymore. How does the family resolve Jon's issues when there's a forest fire somewhere.

Also the whole share it with the world thing is bunk as you say.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
10 months ago
Now I could see the fortress saying it can cure kryptonians cause they can take it and those cures have nothing to do with earth medicine. Their biologies are different and they did allude to this.
I just can't buy this. There's already a major fantasy going on in the DC universe, which is that humanoids who have evolved on separate planets can breed in the first place. (Nightwing and Starfire have a kid, or whoever)
There is no way this can be scientifically possible (unless, there is some outside force doing panspermia?) and yet Clark and Lois have two biological children.

So...that means that somehow Kryptonian and Earthling physiologies evolved close in enough in parallel to be able to be genetically compatible with each other. That being the case, their versions of "cancer" can't be that different either. So if the treatment of Kryptonian 'cancer' is somehow too brutal for the human physiology to handle, all the Kryptonian healing machine has to do is *tone the treatment down enough* for humans to tolerate.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

True. If they were different then humans and kryptonians can't breed.

Also who's to say Clark didn't give Lois cancer. She's running neck and neck with him and standing there when people blast him with some weird ray or kryptonite. Anything radioactive can cause cancer. If that were the case the fortress owes Lois.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Hey folks!

Don't miss Superman & Lois Season 3 Episode 9, "The Dress".

It is probably the most romantic half-hour of superhero-based television you have ever seen. I cried a couple times.

Central to the idea of this episode is the concept that cancer survivors find it difficult to have sex after undergoing radical life-saving surgery,
especially in the case of mastectomies.

I know, right? It's not preachy; it's just mind-blowingly real, and a rather adult theme for a network that's supposed to be watched by t**ns
(we've already established that is false: they determined last year that the average CW viewer is actually in their 50s).

Lois Lane actually gets to say lines like "I felt beautiful and sexy" (about being in a gorgeous dress) or "I don't feel feminine enough".
Also, this is not the first time that Superman and Lois have been depicted launching into the sky to make out in the stratosphere
but it's possibly one of the best. Superman gets to mention that he loves Lois' body. That is hot in a perfectly conventional sense.

I guess the scientific impossibility involved in Larry Niven's "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex" has been forgotten, but no complaints here.

On the other hand, though, Superman himself, even if he is a sexy, patient lover and a caring husband, can also be a raging hypocrite and quite a bit of a numbskull.

(There's also the usual action scene, which is rather destructive - see the spoilers if you dare.)
Spoiler
Superman battles a revived Atom Man (Henry Miller) on the Main Street of Smallville, destroying the movie theater marquee,
blowing up a car, breaking all the windows of the diner with a sonic boom punch, and smashing huge holes in the asphalt. It's amazing nobody from the town got hurt in the melee.

And then..Superman has the chutzpah to get mad at John Irons for killing Miller with his Warhammer. John Irons says "I had no choice", and he really didn't because Mannheim kept sending goons after him over and over. But high-and-mighty fucking Superman has to condescend, saying "You always have a choice" WHEN JOHN DIDN'T. John is a normal human, dammit, and he can't walk around in an armored suit all day.

The ironic thing is that Superman is standing in the midst of a destroyed Smallville Main Street while being patronizing to John. When he nearly killed people in his hometown, and now has to explain to its citizens why Smallville is the target for all this superheroic action? (Maybe some of the citizens use Occam's Razor and get the very plausible idea that Superman lives among them??? How is that smart capable Lana hasn't figured it out?)

And Superman certainly "had a choice". All he had to was pick up Henry Miller by the scruff of his neck and fly him into outer space until he passed out of asphyxia. It's that simple!
Also just found out that the actress playing Peia aka Onomatopeia is Indian, not Black. That's kind of interesting.

Looking forward to a couple more masterpieces like this before the season ends with only two more episodes.
The writing on this show is superb.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Watched the first 4 episodes of the season so far.
The whole
Spoiler
cancer storyline makes me really mad at Lois! That she repeatedly skips the treatment to follow some story.... :evilmad:
But ok, that seemingly ends now.
The action parts are seemingly even more on the backseat than before as the episodes totally focus on "let's talk about our feelings all day long".
It's entertaining enough for me to continue watching, but I do hope for some more superhero stuff... in a superhero show.
But ok, I know it's a CW show, so... that won't happen.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Looks like the show will get a 4th season at CW, but with big budget cut and only 10 episodes: https://deadline.com/2023/06/superman-a ... 235414908/

https://deadline.com/2023/06/superman-a ... 235415132/
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Why bother with another season if the budget is cut. And side characters? Just kill the show cause a show about side characters is just going to drive down viewers.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Mr. X wrote:
9 months ago
Why bother with another season if the budget is cut. And side characters? Just kill the show cause a show about side characters is just going to drive down viewers.
And right now, it's enough of a "family drama" as it is - they've taken an interesting tack focusing on real-world problems like cancer, depression, drunken driving and broken teenage hearts, rather than real extended story arcs with true supervillains.

Not sure I'd want to see a superhero show like this without superpowers and special effects. There already was a show like that a few years ago (which the CW brought back this year as a rerun) and it was literally called "Powerless". And nobody watched it. (Can't really recommend it except for Adam West, and the sexy Crimson Fox and Green Flame costumes.)

At some point, some show is going to make the "lo-fi" decision to hire one guy with Adobe AfterFX to do the SFX for a couple grand per episode. Wait and see, someone will set that trend!

Episode 11 was good, though - I cried a couple more times. The Natalie Irons character is back in her suit and looks cute in it.

Only one episode left - the only plot thread still left to wrap up is Inverse Superman.
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

The 7 cast members pictured in the tweet aren't coming back as series regulars. Interestingly enough, the guy who played Bruno Mannheim has been promoted as a series regular for Season 4.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Nykron wrote:
9 months ago
The 7 cast members pictured in the tweet aren't coming back as series regulars. Interestingly enough, the guy who played Bruno Mannheim has been promoted as a series regular for Season 4.
Uh, not quite? Bruno Mannheim was
Spoiler
defeated
It's Michael Cudlitz who is being promoted to season regular as a new Lex Luthor.
Which makes a total of five season regulars, not four.

Makes me wonder where the Kent family will be living.
If all of the Smallville-resident characters are cut as regulars (maybe hopefully coming back with occasional guest appearances)
then there isn't much point in them just staying on the farm and not interacting with anybody in the town.

We'll see what they cook up with this reduced format. The only regular I'm really going to miss is Emanuelle Chriqui. She is a seriously hot Moroccan Jewish bombshell but they played down her beauty for Mom/Mayor reasons. I really kept wishing they would put her in some kind of tight costume, even if it was just for a scene or two. I guess we're just never gonna get Insect Queen in live action.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

It'll be interesting to see how they use the many regulars now reduced in their roles for this next season. I am wondering if thinning this "herd" so to speak will lead to more SM peril scenes against Luthor and they let that carry the majority of the action for the year. I'm nervous about how well they handle this coming year...especially with a reduced budget.
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Since Superman has told a lot of people about who he is including an untrustworthy fire marshal I would imagine the town will be mysteriously destroyed in a "tornado".
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I read that they will be getting rid of the Lana and her family so they may have the Kents move out of Smallville. Getting rid of Lana's dad is a bad idea.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

WOW! Now that was a cliff hanger.
Nykron
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Final season officially confirmed.
CJS
Henchman
Henchman

I haven't followed this show at all, but reading some of the news, I see that they had budget cuts and had to cut the regular series characters down to a minimum. I almost wonder if that would have been a blessing in disguise if it had happened to the Supergirl show. One of my gripes of that show was that Supergirl turned almost into a supporting character with her "superfriends" getting more and more screen time. While I understand there are realities when it comes to running the lead actor into the ground, and thus the need to have scenes for other characters, it would have been nice to have the focus back on Supergirl.
Sapphire Angel - Superheroine
Book 1 — Superheroine (complete)
Book 2 — Power Play (complete)
Book 3 — Deconstruction (complete)
Book 4 — Savage Dawn (complete)
Book 5 — Savage Vengeance (coming January 2024)