The Boys Season 4 (Amazon, 2024)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

News from GamesRadar is that the Boys Season 4 officially wrapped on April 12, and among other things, it promises to have "the most disgusting thing you've ever seen on TV". So I guess we'll see what that is. As of this week, there's no official release date, so it could be as late as 2024 at this point.

Looks like we'll be getting the Gen V series first, based on the Boys issues #23-30 ("We Gotta Go Now" story arc) sometime in 2023, so that'll get its own separate thread.

Kicking off this Season 4 thread early, though, because there are photos out now of two new members of The Seven, both female.
I'm not a huge fan of the Sister Sage costume - it covers up a bit unnecessarily - but the Firecracker costume is pretty hot (reminds me a bit of a GI Joe design) and it's nice to have a redhead in there again.
sister sage.jpg
sister sage.jpg (4.42 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
firecracker.jpg
firecracker.jpg (4.64 KiB) Viewed 1632 times
New information: Both of these new heroines are original to the show - they've never been in The Boys comics.
So we can only assume that the producers (Kripke, Rogen, etc.) created them.
Maybe it's somehow significant that they are introducing both a hot redhead *and* a black lesbian (instead of swapping one for the other, as has happened in many other superhero shows). It's a good move to please all audiences.
Also, it's possible (but not for sure) that Sister "Sage" has something to do with the Sage Center, which was a testing facility from The Boys Season 2.
Last edited by shevek 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

I like both of their looks/costumes. I do wish the costumes were a bit more revealing, sexier. But that's just me. I think Linda Carter's Wonder Woman costume was close to perfect, with a tweek of giving her higher cut legs.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maybe its a bad camera angle but that surgery didn't do her any favors. Unless this is a joke post.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Mr. X wrote:
3 months ago

Maybe its a bad camera angle but that surgery didn't do her any favors. Unless this is a joke post.
I think (hope) this is a joke post. I read she has had a nose job, other work is questionable. Really why would such an attractive woman who is having career success risk it? She was gorgeous to begin with.
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Damn, I hope this actually didn't happen. She doesn't even look the same person anymore, not even her smartphone would recognize her face and unlock !
shevek
Producer
Producer

helstar wrote:
3 months ago
Damn, I hope this actually didn't happen. She doesn't even look the same person anymore, not even her smartphone would recognize her face and unlock !
Nope - she did it. That photo is on her Instagram.
Her face doesn't look that different from far away (the blonding is more evident) but up close it's a doozy.
Guess they'll be doing a lot of medium-range shots from now on. :)
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
3 months ago

Turns out this maybe an unfair pic comparison. Moriarty says the second pic was her using a filter after she had make up and the previous pic was when she was much young and more over weight.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

So looks like this was bullshit from some rando (ex?) Fox reporter trying to stir shit.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
1 month ago
So looks like this was bullshit from some rando (ex?) Fox reporter trying to stir shit.
Not sure if it was discount Barbie who initially made the comparison. But she has no business complaining about plastic surgery. I'm sure 50% of her face is botox.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 month ago
Dogfish wrote:
1 month ago
Not sure if it was discount Barbie who initially made the comparison. But she has no business complaining about plastic surgery. I'm sure 50% of her face is botox.
Yeah I doubt she does anything that is even that close to an approximation of 'work'. She just signal boosted some misogynistic farting noise from some rando.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Really, it's hard to say. Actresses get plastic surgery all the time and never admit those cantaloupes hanging from their anorexic frames are fake, so I would judge the denials the same as I would judge the accusations. We'll get to find out once the new season airs.

I always found it a shame when a beautiful woman starts messing around with s look that had been working for them. Erin Moriarty is about as cute as they come and if she had a little work done it was subtle. But a little bit of success can breed some bad decisions. I hope she didn't make herself into a horror show.
PartsUnknown
Henchman
Henchman

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
News from GamesRadar is that the Boys Season 4 officially wrapped on April 12, and among other things, it promises to have "the most disgusting thing you've ever seen on TV". So I guess we'll see what that is. As of this week, there's no official release date, so it could be as late as 2024 at this point.

Looks like we'll be getting the Gen V series first, based on the Boys issues #23-30 ("We Gotta Go Now" story arc) sometime in 2023, so that'll get its own separate thread.

Kicking off this Season 4 thread early, though, because there are photos out now of two new members of The Seven, both female.
I'm not a huge fan of the Sister Sage costume - it covers up a bit unnecessarily - but the Firecracker costume is pretty hot (reminds me a bit of a GI Joe design) and it's nice to have a redhead in there again.

sister sage.jpg

firecracker.jpg

New information: Both of these new heroines are original to the show - they've never been in The Boys comics.
So we can only assume that the producers (Kripke, Rogen, etc.) created them.
Maybe it's somehow significant that they are introducing both a hot redhead *and* a black lesbian (instead of swapping one for the other, as has happened in many other superhero shows). It's a good move to please all audiences.
Also, it's possible (but not for sure) that Sister "Sage" has something to do with the Sage Center, which was a testing facility from The Boys Season 2.
Man, both of those new costumes are lame in my opinion. Firecracker’s is a little better but still too conservative for someone named “Firecracker.” This is supposed to be an edgy and sexy show that pulls no punches but they couldn’t go with sexier costumes than that? The only one with a hot costume is Starlight but of course she hardly ever wore it, and since she quit she’s just in street clothes now.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

PartsUnknown wrote:
1 week ago

Man, both of those new costumes are lame in my opinion. Firecracker’s is a little better but still too conservative for someone named “Firecracker.” This is supposed to be an edgy and sexy show that pulls no punches but they couldn’t go with sexier costumes than that? The only one with a hot costume is Starlight but of course she hardly ever wore it, and since she quit she’s just in street clothes now.
yeah nearly everything is a prude fest now. I thought the moral majority lost decades ago.