Any new Black Scorpion release?

General discussions about superheroines!
hardy88
Neophyte
Neophyte

Hi everyone?

Is any interest in a new Black Scorpion release?
I believe if multiple people will want this, someone will eventually produce it.

It will be something that you will buy? And also, what scenario will you like? How will you punish Black scoprion?

I will start firs:
My idea is recreating the Zodiak Attack part 1 scenario. Where BS fights individually the villains, then he is trapped with all of them. But the trap will be applied gradually, each villain will appear by one until BS realises she is doomed. She will transition from optimistic to deeply scared and fear. The beating will be slowly and the villains will ganged her up for good minutes. She will try to fight back, but the number games will play on and in the end she has no change. (Also, slow mo beating will be there). Bruises and costume destruction should be present and the final should have sexual tend.

What do you think?
LeeCarl
Producer
Producer

I've thought about that, but this is a very cost-prohibitive concept.

The costume itself, to do it justice, will be around $2000. Each villain costume would be at LEAST $500, but probably more. This thing would cost more than most shoots before the camera even starts rolling. A single day shoot for this would cost 2-3x more than a normal single day shoot. And with a costume that pricey, I would NOT do costume destruction. No way.

Frankly, I don't know if Black Scorpion has enough of a fan base for a movie like that to make back it's money. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make it. But I would likely be setting myself up for a financial loss. It's already hard enough to sell any character that isn't Supergirl, Wonder Woman, or Batgirl.

It's doable if diehard fans contribute to get it made, and help cover the costs of costumes. But that is a long shot.
https://twitter.com/LeeCarlProducti

"Dark Maiden: The Trap" now available at SHG-Media.com!
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

LeeCarl wrote:
11 months ago

The costume itself, to do it justice, will be around $2000. Each villain costume would be at LEAST $500, but probably more. This thing would cost more than most shoots before the camera even starts rolling. A single day shoot for this would cost 2-3x more than a normal single day shoot. And with a costume that pricey, I would NOT do costume destruction. No way.

Frankly, I don't know if Black Scorpion has enough of a fan base for a movie like that to make back it's money. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to make it. But I would likely be setting myself up for a financial loss. It's already hard enough to sell any character that isn't Supergirl, Wonder Woman, or Batgirl.

It's doable if diehard fans contribute to get it made, and help cover the costs of costumes. But that is a long shot.
Very interesting insights, thanks! Would also love to see new Black Scorpion videos ... in my case with a focus on her secret identity and unmasking struggle.
For example "just" a fight between Steve and Black Scorpion who wants to unmask her. Without sex scenes. Perhaps with some erotic scenes like kissing, seducing, and touching her pantyhosed legs.
Or a video where the villain gropes Black Scorpion, then unmasks her and tries to r_pe Darcy but gets killed by her.
Or a darker video with a villain who would wanna destroy her by fucking Black Scorpion, then unmasking her in a long struggle, and then would "also" fuck Darcy.

Well, I am not much familiar with costume prices... would be interesting what could be done with less money for costumes. Like $1000 for the Black Scorpion outfit.
I mean the mask might cost a lot and the Black Scorpion details on her body. Basic gloves, sexy pantyhose, and overknee boots.
For my taste the most important part would be the mask, that it looks close to the original... the rest don't "need" to look exactly like the originals.
For my part, I wouldn't care much about the villain's costumes, especially the male ones. Give them a random scary Halloween mask for little money. A villainess with a solid but rather cheap sexy outfit to save money as well.
Why would a single day shoot cost 2-3x more than a normal one? Just because of the costumes? Or what do you mean?

By the way: Bought your Silver Bat video and enjoyed it! Great costume and actress :thumbup:
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
hardy88
Neophyte
Neophyte

Maskripper wrote:
11 months ago
LeeCarl wrote:
11 months ago

Very interesting insights, thanks! Would also love to see new Black Scorpion videos ... in my case with a focus on her secret identity and unmasking struggle.
For example "just" a fight between Steve and Black Scorpion who wants to unmask her. Without sex scenes. Perhaps with some erotic scenes like kissing, seducing, and touching her pantyhosed legs.
Or a video where the villain gropes Black Scorpion, then unmasks her and tries to r_pe Darcy but gets killed by her.
Or a darker video with a villain who would wanna destroy her by fucking Black Scorpion, then unmasking her in a long struggle, and then would "also" fuck Darcy.

Well, I am not much familiar with costume prices... would be interesting what could be done with less money for costumes. Like $1000 for the Black Scorpion outfit.
I mean the mask might cost a lot and the Black Scorpion details on her body. Basic gloves, sexy pantyhose, and overknee boots.
For my taste the most important part would be the mask, that it looks close to the original... the rest don't "need" to look exactly like the originals.
For my part, I wouldn't care much about the villain's costumes, especially the male ones. Give them a random scary Halloween mask for little money. A villainess with a solid but rather cheap sexy outfit to save money as well.
Why would a single day shoot cost 2-3x more than a normal one? Just because of the costumes? Or what do you mean?

By the way: Bought your Silver Bat video and enjoyed it! Great costume and actress :thumbup:
Yep, that was I about to suggest. That the villains costumes might not be needed and the Scorpion one is what matters.
Also, love your ideas too.
And for my idea, the sexual content is optional. The main idea is that ganged beating. I think it was one o the greatest traps for a heroine.

Would love to hear more details from LeeCarl. Maybe we can make this happen - Black Scorpion is a classic right now.
shevek
Producer
Producer

For those who need the reference, here's the scene. Filmed quite well, although you always have to wonder in those situations why don't all the antagonists pile onto the protagonist at once?

Anyway, I think any number of producers would be willing to do a custom involving a four-on-one physical beatdown. Including our own production: I think some of our actresses would be very much into enacting such a scenario where four supervillainesses take turns pummeling a superheroine until she is knocked out. It would have to be a situation where all of their powers are removed, and the scenario turns "raw".

But Lee Carl's right: to literally re-enact the Black Scorpion version of it would take a budget probably comparable to whatever Roger Corman spent on that scene. Which is still a tiny fraction of what The Boys three-on-one beatdown probably cost, but it's still many times more than the average budget for a DIY superheroine custom.

Plus, despite the series running on Tubi continuously, the fanbase for it is *tiny*. If it wasn't, there'd be comic books from it on a regular basis, but there's only ever been one Black Scorpion comic book series (on Bluewater, I own the trade) and I've never even seen it in any back-issue section in comic shops - I got mine by mail-order. It probably did abysmally in sales.

It's a shame Black Scorpion never got the attention it deserved. A reboot seems highly unlikely.
On the other hand...I didn't realize until just now that the co-creator of Black Scorpion, Craig Nevius, is a fellow Carnegie Mellon alum!
Black Scorpion is a large part of what he posts on his "Windmill Entertainment" Facebook page.

LeeCarl
Producer
Producer

Maskripper wrote:
11 months ago
LeeCarl wrote:
11 months ago

I specifically inquired about a Black Scorpion Costume some time ago with the same person who made my "SilverBat" suit. That's why I know the cost. But for clarification...A one day shoot with one heroine and 4 villains comes in at a bare minimum of $2700, and that's being very conservative. That's just for actors. And some cost more depending on their skill set. That doesn't cover costumes, props, locations, air fare, hotel or anything like that. So the Black Scorpion costume alone is gonna almost double that cost. Then the villains have to have some kind of costume. The scene loses impact if the villains look like generic thugs. Lets be EXTREMELY conservative and say we can costume the four villains for $150 each. It all adds up very quickly.

Now, I'm only speaking for myself. But if I were to make this, there would be sexual content. Like many of my videos, it'd probably end on the heroine on display in her disgraced state.
https://twitter.com/LeeCarlProducti

"Dark Maiden: The Trap" now available at SHG-Media.com!
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

LeeCarl wrote:
11 months ago
Maskripper wrote:
11 months ago
LeeCarl wrote:
11 months ago

I specifically inquired about a Black Scorpion Costume some time ago with the same person who made my "SilverBat" suit. That's why I know the cost. But for clarification...A one day shoot with one heroine and 4 villains comes in at a bare minimum of $2700, and that's being very conservative. That's just for actors. And some cost more depending on their skill set. That doesn't cover costumes, props, locations, air fare, hotel or anything like that. So the Black Scorpion costume alone is gonna almost double that cost. Then the villains have to have some kind of costume. The scene loses impact if the villains look like generic thugs. Lets be EXTREMELY conservative and say we can costume the four villains for $150 each. It all adds up very quickly.

Now, I'm only speaking for myself. But if I were to make this, there would be sexual content. Like many of my videos, it'd probably end on the heroine on display in her disgraced state.
I wonder if the Giga freaks guys could do this. They do a lot of fights and have like a bunch of guys. I've wondered if they do customs. I think they did a black scorpion type in the past.

Yes cost would greatly out weigh the point of making the video. Not that many fans and, unless the guys do it for pizza, its way too expensive.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yes, the costume must be very expensive, it is not easy to make the mask, it has to fit exactly to the face, plus the boots etc... . I think this page would have asked if there was black scorpion cosplay and the answer was negative.
shevek
Producer
Producer

argento wrote:
11 months ago
Yes, the costume must be very expensive, it is not easy to make the mask, it has to fit exactly to the face, plus the boots etc... . I think this page would have asked if there was black scorpion cosplay and the answer was negative.
Seconded: I would say that the only way to make this budget-friendly would be to find someone who has already done a Black Scorpion cosplay a while back, and just buy it from them. Save you thousands!

I've personally done such a thing four times: 'Poderosa' is a modified Power Girl costume from a cosplayer in Toronto; 'Cybrina' is a modified Jakita Wagner from a cosplayer in Florida (probably the only one in the world!); 'Dark Spectra' is a modified Halo from a cosplayer in North Carolina (again, quite rare and close to unique; and if I ever pull the trigger on the proposed 'Ultra-Machina' character in live action, it's already in my possession as a modified Jocasta cosplay, also from NC (also very rare). So, it is technically possible.

However, I haven't been able to find any kind of Black Scorpion cosplay outfit displayed anywhere on the Internet, and I've looked several times over the years. If there were cosplays in the early 2000s when the show was on the air, they're probably long gone by now. It's just too obscure a topic.
The only way that could change would be if Craig Nevius revived the character.

I wonder if it would make any sense just to contact him directly at Windmill Entertainment?