Invincible Season 2 (Amazon, 2023)

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Invincible Season 2 is on the way. Exactly when, who knows, but here's the beginning of the thread.
And a funny trailer with Mark and Allen in a diner, which doesn't tell us very much.
1:01 Chibi Mark sewing a costume for Atom Eve. Keep it tight and sexy, Mark - please!

batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I am surprised there is not more done with Atom Eve, the Dupli-Kate shower scene had such potential and what a power that would be!!! Her power also would allow her to do pretty much anything!!
shevek
Producer
Producer

batgirl1969 wrote:
11 months ago
I am surprised there is not more done with Atom Eve, the Dupli-Kate shower scene had such potential and what a power that would be!!! Her power also would allow her to do pretty much anything!!
Yeah, pretty much "form of...whatever!"

Here's the scene from Season 1. I wish they would take some content from the Atom Eve/Rex Splode spinoff TPB, which I recommend.

On repeat watching of the above trailer, however, I start to realize how utterly annoying Seth Rogen's voice is. There's very little that's redeeming about him other than his producer credits on Invincible and The Boys.

helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

I am still wondering why they did this as an animated show and not as live-action like The Boys. Sure, it would have costed a ton of more money, that maybe they thought they'd never recoup (unless it got the same worldwide success as The Boys), but still... what a pity.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

I like animated and they clearly had a lot more fights than the Boy's. The Boy's is a snooze fest of dull talk.
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:
11 months ago
I like animated and they clearly had a lot more fights than the Boy's. The Boy's is a snooze fest of dull talk.
Are you sure you watched The Boys and not whatever is... "The Boy's" ? :D
shevek
Producer
Producer

helstar wrote:
11 months ago
I am still wondering why they did this as an animated show and not as live-action like The Boys. Sure, it would have costed a ton of more money, that maybe they thought they'd never recoup (unless it got the same worldwide success as The Boys), but still... what a pity.
Probably for the reason you mentioned. Plus both The Boys and Invincible had basically the same producers (Seth Rogen and his buddies) so they
probably wanted to go with different approaches for the two - I mean, filming aerial battles between Mark and his dad would have been tough, not to mention the intense CGI needed for Atom Eve's constructs, and so on. I think the only "pity" is that we don't get to see a live actress portraying Atom Eve in that tight costume. That would've been off the charts.
Mr. X wrote:
11 months ago
Not sure what show you were watching but The Boys had the most knock-down, drag-out fights that superhero television has ever produced.
The fight between Stormfront and Maeve / Starlight / Kimiko was definitely the most intense superpowered catfight ever seen on TV.

Characters get their eye knocked out, torn in half, burnt to a crisp, exploded, flogged across the pavement. Not to mention the "sex battle" between Homelander and Stormfront.

"Come on, man!"
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

shevek wrote:
11 months ago

Not sure what show you were watching but The Boys had the most knock-down, drag-out fights that superhero television has ever produced.
The fight between Stormfront and Maeve / Starlight / Kimiko was definitely the most intense superpowered catfight ever seen on TV.

Characters get their eye knocked out, torn in half, burnt to a crisp, exploded, flogged across the pavement. Not to mention the "sex battle" between Homelander and Stormfront.

"Come on, man!"
Oh come on! That final fight with Storm front took all season to unfold. Sure they have spikes of brutality but not close to the stuff in Invincible. That tear up fight between Omni man and Mark is epic. Not even close.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

I wouldn't say that The Boys is all talk, but it definitely has a tendency towards a couple of epic fights per season and the rest is pretty low key. Bottom line is it's cheaper to draw an explosion than explode something.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
11 months ago
I wouldn't say that The Boys is all talk, but it definitely has a tendency towards a couple of epic fights per season and the rest is pretty low key. Bottom line is it's cheaper to draw an explosion than explode something.
Homelander is supposed to be super strong yet all he does is throw Soldier Boy up against a wall. In a cartoon they would have destroyed a few city blocks.

Reminds me of Supernatural where Lucifer and Michael finally fight that grand fight that's supposed to destroy the world and all they do is wreck a chair.
shevek
Producer
Producer

This is hilariously deadpan, and The Boys is included in the litany of destruction at 11:00.

Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Mr. X wrote:
11 months ago
Dogfish wrote:
11 months ago
Homelander is supposed to be super strong yet all he does is throw Soldier Boy up against a wall. In a cartoon they would have destroyed a few city blocks.

Reminds me of Supernatural where Lucifer and Michael finally fight that grand fight that's supposed to destroy the world and all they do is wreck a chair.
That's true but a lot of superhero action goes wildly overboard on stuff like that, the fights in The Boys are trying to be brutal rather than spectacular, and sure budgetary concerns are part of that, but also it makes no sense for superheroes to throw each other through the sides of buildings back and forth when simply being thrown isn't going to do any damage. All of the heroes in The Boys are deadliest up close so when they fight they stay in close quarters. Homelander's most effect anti-supe move is literally ripping another guys guts out.

Invincible by contrast is deliberately shooting for the spectacular, and it's much better suited to animation. It wouldn't even look as good as a movie. You'd need to drop a Rings of Power tier budget on it to do it justice in live action.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

They finally confirmed that Season 2 is finally coming in November & here’s the trailer:

And before Season 2, they gonna show Atom Eve’s origin in a special:
Just a man who loves powerful ladies in skintight spandex. Tight is right.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

I just watched the Atom Eve Special yesterday. It was cool origin story & can't wait til Season 2 to finally come in November. Also, I now tempted to do her suit pattern.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Found it also, via download, and watched it. Yeah, the story was great. Her origin reminds me quite a bit of DNAgents, if you remember that book from the 80s. Lots of violence and destruction. She's a teen all the way through the story, so there's no sex. Obviously she grows up in the Invincible comic, and becomes super gorgeous and marries Mark.

There's also an Atom Eve game coming to Steam.
It's apparently a combination of turn-taking combat with a visual novel.
I don't play games, but it looks like it might be fun, so knock yourself out when it's ready.

Someone might want to tell Marvel that *this* is how to promote a sexy superheroine that you want to increase in popularity.
Make her fun, exciting, powerful and beautiful. Give her stakes, weaknesses, ways to improve, and something to fight for. It's not that hard!

Looking forward to Season 2!
shevek
Producer
Producer

What did I say? Atom Eve is a normal superheroine with mass appeal, probably the best new one of the 21st Century (and yes, I'm including the heroines from The Boys). And now, finally, the cosplay is beginning to proliferate.

She's not an agenda - her creator is not trying to teach you anything or sell you an ideology.
She's beautiful, super-powerful, has problems and issues, and a great romantic backstory that female readers can relate to.
Not only that, she is one of the few established comic-book redheads who hasn't been swapped in TV or movies in the past decade, nor will that ever happen.

Everything is set for Atom Eve to explode in popularity as Season Two comes out and a lot of new audiences get to watch her origin story episode.
This is really good for Kirkman - he created 15 years of stories with Invincible, and basically doesn't have to do anything new with it for years
(although it was great that he created the Atom Eve origin, which is original material that didn't appear in the comics). Just sit back and keep the books in print, make several more seasons of the show, let the money roll in, and sink it into great Skybound projects like GI Joe meets Transformers.

Here are a couple of beautiful Atom Eve cosplayers on Tiktok, which I stumbled upon looking at a Reddit group.

Australia cosplayer Jems.

NYC cosplayer Katie (KG Cosplay)

This is one of the funnier quotes from Season 1 because of the way it has "woke" quotes coming out of a villain's mouth, trying to
suppress Atom Eve's agency to make her own costume look sexy.

Katie's transformation. So hot! They need to put someone on this level (who can act, of course) in a live-action version.
If you were at Awesome Con in DC last month, Katie was there in this costume.

Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Yes turned out quite well. That is how someone should write a character.
Heroineaddicted
Sargeant
Sargeant

Another trailer came out today. Looks like they gonna explore the multiverse & Viltrumite empire finally make their debut.