Abbie Starr: Superhero! (Youtube series)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Just discovered this Youtube series from last year rather randomly. The Florida-based production channel "How To Film" put it together, and apparently now they are working on a Batgirl fan-fiction series. Since I'm more interested in original content, I thought I'd feature this and see what people think. All the episodes are short and free.

For Forum folks, the most interesting parts of this series are that almost every episode follows the classic superheroine trope by including at least one incident of solid peril in costume (and sometimes two). There's also good effects and a decent sense of humor.

The pink costume of "Abbie Starr" (played by actress Josie Jackson) is quite tight and beautiful, other than the fact that her 'star' logo isn't fastened
very well (looks like it was made of cosplay foam).

And then, in addition, there's a show within a show - kind of a homage to old-time Superman and Batman serials - starring a superheroine called "Liberty" who is played by a gorgeous and shapely actress named Alex Iverson. Her costume looks great, and she gets into classic perils like knockout gas and chains, as well as displaying feats of superstrength and "wham-bam" derring-do.

Altogether, each episode is quick, and watching "Season 1" doesn't take very long, so it's worth a look for some superheroine fans on here.
I suppose it's up in the air whether they produce a Season 2.

EP1: Abbie Starr debuts with a tight costume of leotard and gloves that reminds me a bit of the Superhero Project's outfits (from Australia).

EP2: She faces her first supervillainess - Silhouette. They fight, and Abbie wins...or does she?

EP3: Abbie is knocked out! And for the first time, we see the character of Liberty - show within a show - but in black-and-white at first.

EP4: The villainous cadre is revealed. The head villainess knocks around Silhouette with some kind of kinetic powers!

EP5: Actress Alex Iverson is gorgeous as Liberty, now in a full-color tight costume battling her nemesis, who knocks her out with a tranq dart.
This has some of the appeal of the very early Battle for Earth material, before it got harder.

EP6: Silhouette and Abbie battle, and Abbie looks gorgeous in her costume as she is knocked out and then struggles to get up.

EP7: A knife-wielding assassin named Tess knocks out Silhouette with a gas device.

EP8: Silhouette knocks out (kills?) both Tess and Abbie with a gun.

EP9: Looking resplendent in her beautiful costume, Liberty is knocked with a gas trap and placed in chains. Meanwhile, Abbie is knocked out by some kind of dart and winds up mysteriously waking up in her bed.

EP10: A new villainess named Iron Valkyrie knocks out Liberty with gas and she is again placed in chains (Alex Iverson plays both Valkyrie and Liberty). The not-dead Tess is tied up in a chair by Silhouette. And then Olivia (the head villainess of the cadre) chokes Max (secret identity of Silhouette) in her car with kinetic powers.

EP 11: Olivia tortures Max (Silhouette) repeatedly in the evil lair with her kinetic powers..arrgh, the pain! Liberty shows off her super strength, lifting a car in her beautiful costume. Meanwhile, things are left up in the air for Season 2 as Abbie dons her tight pink costume and must go out
to save her friend (but how she will know where the lair is? Ah...she's downloaded some secret evil documents).

Would love to see this continue, and maybe even do a crossover with these guys. See what you think.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Good find. Love the main character, especially in the pink long sleeve leotard.
joejanus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Have only watched the first episode, but it looks like fun. I like the light-hearted take.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I’ve just kind of skimmed through the episodes so I probably missed it but when and why did Abbie switch costumes?
helstar
Elder Member
Elder Member

In the past (up to 10 years ago), this guy had shoot a lot of superheroines videos, with even public trailers and whatnot ... sadly he didn't release any of them, because apparently he was ''not happy" with the outcome.
I remember one of her actresses asking in the comments on one of those youtube videos about this content being shelved, but he said to her that it was for the best, since there were many flaws, according to him.
Which is a pity anyway, because they all looked better than Abbie Star, actually. One of them was called "Victors", another one "Mysteria" or something like that.
Maybe it's still possible to see these short trailers/videos in his other youtube channel or instagram (if he hasn't deleted them). I have all of that stuff saved in my HD, anyway :p