Darna (ABS-CBN, 2022)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Episode 126

All the powers, all the feels. So much sexy bombastic action. Best episode yet with probably more to come like this. Don't miss it!
The whole episode was practically 20-30 mins of Darna vs Valentina goodness, with Darna mostly on the losing end. Great episode, which just goes to show how much potential this show had to be much greater.

Two questions, though:
1) How are the villagers and her friends all watching the battle on TV? I don't see any cameras. And the battle moved between three different areas, and invisible cameras followed them somehow? Seems a bit too convenient as a plot device for everyone in the village to be monitoring the battle, yet none of them are rushing in to help. Some of them (like Hergis) don't even look concerned enough.
They do show people recording on their phones, so I guess this is all being watched on livestream.
2) When Brian was bitten, why didn't Darna leave the scene of the battle immediately and rush him to the hospital? I mean, it's nice that we get a very emotional death for the character, but the action keeps freezing to give time for the characters to look at each other. I guess that's just how the telenovela style works?
Pretty much. I saw this funny clip on youtube from an Indian telenovela showing a woman's scarf getting caught on the blades of a desk electric fan(!!!) and dying in slow motion while everyone looks on, lol.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
shzam
Henchman
Henchman

modal wrote:
1 year ago
I know the ABS-CBN highlights are on YouTube and that full episodes are available on I Want TFC, but I haven't seen full episodes posted on YouTube (except for individual ones by individual uploaders). I'm in the U.S. –- do you have to use a VPN to see the full episodes available on YouTube?
Yea just need a vpn. If you look at the official Darna playlist for the ABS-CBN channel (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... hjfp5fZLf-) all the vids are there but hidden if you are not geolocated in phillipines.

e.g. here is the link to the latest ep
shevek
Producer
Producer

[quote=shzam post_id=204356 time=1675732879 user_id=55815
Yea just need a vpn. If you look at the official Darna playlist for the ABS-CBN channel (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... hjfp5fZLf-) all the vids are there but hidden if you are not geolocated in phillipines.
e.g. here is the link to the latest ep
[/quote]

Thanks Shzam! I've been watching the series through another means, but I just checked out that playlist for the first time - it doesn't show full episodes (since I don't have a VPN) but it does show lots of clips.

For the first time, I found out that the name of the new Martean (the one who imprisoned Luna) is VORIAN. Good to know!
Supergirl763
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
The whole episode was practically 20-30 mins of Darna vs Valentina goodness, with Darna mostly on the losing end. Great episode, which just goes to show how much potential this show had to be much greater.
Like you said I believe the show was meant as a movie with only Valentina and Borgo as villains (and maybe Ishna). An origin story for Darna; and the fall of Regina by the manipulation of Borgo. Then they changed it to a TV show and they had to fill their strong start and strong ending with uninteresting plotlines; filler villains and weak inconsequential action to stretch the whole middle part of the movie.
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

Of course the one time they actually do something that’s worth a damn in this show the highlights are late to come up on the YouTube page.
Mamooche24
Overlord
Overlord

Annnndddd now that they’re up they didn’t post the KO stuff lol anybody have a line on how to see it besides this VPN nonsense? I tried it and can’t get it to work
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

shevek
Producer
Producer

Episode 127-

I like the new intro animation of the Mars Ravelo Universe with the comic book character inside the spinning logo!
You can see Darna, Captain Barbell, Lastikman, and Valentina.

Valentina holds Darna in the air in a bite-hold/chokehold, but when her snake comes into contact with Darna's neck, for some reason she starts sensing flashbacks to when Narda's mother was incinerated and when Narda first became Darna. Valentina becomes shocked and ashamed at realizing such pure motives that Darna had, and her eyes turn back into human to reflect her human regret. Then Valentina lets go, dropping Darna to the floor and fleeing from the scene. Detonator, Deathglare and Basura arrive, and pick up Darna in Force Field's bubble, taking her to Borgo's lair. Everyone watching is sad and crying. Here's one of the best gorgeous shots of Darna lying unconscious, wiped out by the various snake bites on her neck, breast, and leg.
darna knocked out on floor.jpg
darna knocked out on floor.jpg (82.37 KiB) Viewed 6434 times
Meanwhile, in a dark room with a bright light (autopsy room maybe?) Ernie and Richard unveil the dead body of Brian, while Ernie recalls all the good things Brian did for the community. Then, we open the scene in Borgo's lair with the camera lovingly panning all over Darna's body, showing every bloody cut and injury (there are more than a dozen, not including venom lines across her skin), and then pulling back for a wide view of her arms suspended in shackles and her head drooping down in defeat. This is everything we've been waiting for all season.
darna in torture chamber.jpg
darna in torture chamber.jpg (68.75 KiB) Viewed 6434 times
Meanwhile, the battle rages on the streets of Nueva Esperanza. Mayor Zaldy seems to be taking back the mayor's office with his Evil Titan power.
The troops of General Diaz are in the streets fighting against the Super Soliders, but it looks like Xandra and Vorian pretty easily take out a squad of Diaz's fighter using their alien laser weapons. However, instead of finishing the job, Xandra gets confused when the soliders and Hergis/Claudio hide out in a local house, and she's called back to the Borgo lair.

Darna wakes up, shouting defiantly in her restraints. With Xandra and Force Field watching, Borgo once again awakens the ancient weapon he used earlier in the show - I forget but it's called something like "Zithrax"? Anyway, the narration switches to comic book form for a while as Borgo monologues about his evil plan to use the weapon to destroy Earth. Then the torture begins - Xandra uses a shock rod on Darna's leg, as Darna screams out in pain.
darna shocked by xandra.jpg
darna shocked by xandra.jpg (77.05 KiB) Viewed 6434 times
Then Xandra shocks Darna's midsection. There is some beautiful screaming and writhing going on there. This lasts about 30 seconds and then Xandra stops. Meanwhile, the Mayor has been busy gathering together his militia. No idea why these jokers would be following him - maybe he's paying them well. Ernie shows up in a van after being called by the woman with the shotgun, while Richard and Dr Villalobos reunite with Luna in a gymnasium where the EMTs have set up a triage center for the wounded. Claudio/Hergis shows up at the triage area where the restaurant people are serving food, and reunites with them. Dr Villalobos shakes hands with General Diaz, vowing to work together. Trisha now apparently meets Claudio/Hergis as well.

Back to Borgo's lair: more torture of Darna. This time Borgo uses the shock rod and we get a closeup of Darna's beautiful abs. We can also see that the whole city is watching the torture happen through Borgo's broadcast.
darna shock in midsection.jpg
darna shock in midsection.jpg (84.45 KiB) Viewed 6434 times
Then, suddenly (perhaps through Ding's tech wizardry) the computer connection becomes two-way, and the assembled villagers talk to Force Field over the two way: Hergis, Diaz, Trisha, Luna, and Villalobos all have their turn. I assume they want to strike a deal with Borgo, or sacrifice themselves somehow to save Darna? (someone can translate that Tagalog). Then the episode ends.

Three more left, and that's it!
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

a few more screencaps from last night's episode...
Attachments
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h25m10s249.png
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h25m10s249.png (516.77 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h27m10s098.png
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h27m10s098.png (443.42 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h28m01s014.png
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h28m01s014.png (596.43 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h28m08s642.png
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h28m08s642.png (632.9 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h32m03s221.png
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h32m03s221.png (743.68 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h32m19s349.png
vlcsnap-2023-02-08-09h32m19s349.png (702.4 KiB) Viewed 6433 times

brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago

Then, suddenly (perhaps through Ding's tech wizardry) the computer connection becomes two-way, and the assembled villagers talk to Force Field over the two way: Hergis, Diaz, Trisha, Luna, and Villalobos all have their turn. I assume they want to strike a deal with Borgo, or sacrifice themselves somehow to save Darna? (someone can translate that Tagalog). Then the episode ends.
Basically, the main characters give speeches directed to the people of Nueva Esperanza to unite and fight Borgo as the whole world is under threat.

Personal note: I'm surprised that the United Nations doesn't get involved considering that the fate of the world is at stake. :D

Found online, here's an interesting clip for "research" purposes. ;)

five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Episode 127-
Valentina holds Darna in the air in a bite-hold/chokehold, but when her snake comes into contact with Darna's neck, for some reason she starts sensing flashbacks to when Narda's mother was incinerated and when Narda first became Darna. Valentina becomes shocked and ashamed at realizing such pure motives that Darna had, and her eyes turn back into human to reflect her human regret. Then Valentina lets go, dropping Darna to the floor and fleeing from the scene. Detonator, Deathglare and Basura arrive, and pick up Darna in Force Field's bubble, taking her to Borgo's lair. Everyone watching is sad and crying. Here's one of the best gorgeous shots of Darna lying unconscious, wiped out by the various snake bites on her neck, breast, and leg.
As Valentina sucks the life from Darna she sees flashbacks from Narda's life. Crucially this includes the encounter Darna had with Rex when he revealed himself as Borgo, and the clifftop encounter with Narda when it becomes clear Borgo faked Rex's death. Valentina finally becomes aware that she has been manipulated by Borgo, and that is what makes her recoil and release Darna.

Also, given that Darna is still moving after her attack by Valentina, I assume that she's seriously weakened rather than unconscious.

R5
shevek
Producer
Producer

five_red wrote:
1 year ago

Episode 127-
Valentina finally becomes aware that she has been manipulated by Borgo, and that is what makes her recoil and release Darna.

Also, given that Darna is still moving after her attack by Valentina, I assume that she's seriously weakened rather than unconscious.

R5
Well, yes I figured that she realized the Rex/Borgo deception as well....I just thought that seeing Narda's superheroine origin would also make her realize she made a mistake in hating Darna.

As for whether she's unconscious or just barely moving, you can certainly pretend she's completely knocked out in a photo still :)
Last edited by shevek 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
CJS
Henchman
Henchman

Count me in with the people who thought someone from higher up had sent down word to tame down the show and lessen the peril for the main character. I couldn't have been more wrong, it seems, as the last couple of episodes were brutal for the heroine, from the beatdown she received, to the torture once in the clutches of her enemy — it included poison, wounds, and blood. I thought an interrogation scene in one of my stories was bad for the hero, but this went well beyond that. And to cap it off, a crowd of people were watching a live stream of it all. Very jarring.
Sapphire Angel - Superheroine
Book 1 — Superheroine (complete)
Book 2 — Power Play (complete)
Book 3 — Deconstruction (complete)
Book 4 — Savage Dawn (complete)
Book 5 — Savage Vengeance (coming January 2024)
doluofficiel
Neophyte
Neophyte

I may have missed something, but did Maisha just disappeared from the show without any explanation ?
five_red
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Some Darna 2022 galleries on ArtStation: episode 56 and episode 127.

R5
shevek
Producer
Producer

Episode 128-

A bit jarring, as we end the previous episode with Darna being absolutely tortured and in pain...

...but the first six minutes of this episode are melodramatic moments from the supporting cast and the EMTs, capped off by a supportive speech from Ding.

It's not until 6:44 that we return to the regular scheduled torture of Darna, with Borgo applying the shock rod to her midsection again.
Pretty much the entire cast of the show is watching the torture happen live on the Internet feed, including Hergis who seems almost nonchalant
with his arms crossed in the background.

But Hergis isn't as cold as you might think: in the midst of a fiery gun battle in the village where Vorian, Deathglare and Detonator are blowing up stuff and killing soldiers, Hergis make his move. He drags Vorian to the ground and puts his foot on his chest, but then helps him up and talks with Vorian about a "traitor". Without the translation, I can't tell what's going on, but I assume that Hergis is trying to bring Vorian over to the anti-Borgo side? Maybe Red 5 or Brdiy can clarify.

We go back to the torture again, and this time it's Xandra administering the pain. Xandra looks so beautiful with her twisted evil smile. She recollects how Hergis and Darna kept her in a cage, and then she walks away. Darna slumps and for the first time, blood starts oozing out of her mouth. This series is really pouring it on with the peril: we've probably already seen possibly the longest superheroine peril scene in TV history (I'm sure we've seen longer ones from the likes of Jim Weathers or Lucia, but even they could learn something from this setup!).
darna ep 128 bloody.jpg
darna ep 128 bloody.jpg (72.63 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
All this time you wonder why the populace of Nueva Esperanza isn't up in arms, actively hunting down Borgo's lair to rescue Darna.
Well, this might be one reason: Ding goes outdoors and is attacked by Xandra, who first appears as a huge vulture, and then reverts back to her
sexy costume, wielding her deadly knife (which never seems to actually make it to the stabbing stage?). She kidnaps Ding and takes him to Borgo's lair.

Meanwhile, General Diaz is finally "rallying the troops", as it were. He gives a speech to rile everyone up about saving Darna, and they start chanting "Darna! Darna!". Very nice to see.

Back at the lair, bloodied and beaten, Darna witnesses the villains holding a knife to Ding's throat. It's a peril within a peril! Darna and the villains spend an awful long time just looking at each other and not saying anything. You can tell Darna is in complete agony over this.
darna ep 128 knife at dings throat.jpg
darna ep 128 knife at dings throat.jpg (74.67 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
Outside in the village, it's still orange...Ernie, the General, and the EMTS are moving through the flames and destruction caused by the monstrous trio, following by an army of villagers and soldiers with every weapon they can muster. Apparently, Hergis and Vorian are also coming from a separate direction.

The perspective then switches back to Darna, and we see the ultimate surrender: with the threat of Ding being killed, she proclaims the name "Narda!" and transforms back into her human self, regurgitating the power stone right into Borgo's waiting glove. Complete defeat and humiliation for our heroine, until...

...Ding saves the day! Wresting himself out of Force Field's grip (you gotta wonder..why didn't Force Field put him in a, um, force field?),
Ding kicks the stone out of Borgo's hand, and it goes flying somewhere else in the room. Where, exactly? Who knows. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.

Then Luna, Hergis and Vorian all show up - there's some fighting and punching, but in the meantime, Ding pushes the button that releases Narda from her torture rack. She looks very much in pain, as we witness Force Field getting double-teamed: Vorian smacks him against the wall. It's a free-for-all, as Luna and Narda go after Xandra, while Vorian and Hergis harry Borgo. This must have been very intense to choreograph!

But the villains bounce back when Force Field finally uses his damn force field to squeeze Luna and Narda down to the floor. Somehow, Borgo escapes the fray and retreats to a totally empty room in the lair (what is this room used for??) where he searches for the lost power stone. Vorian confronts him there, and they have a battle fighting over a double-bladed knife (kind of a mini-batleth?). Borgo stabs and kills Vorian, who lies bloody on the floor. The way this looks reminds me a lot of Star Trek: TOS (minus the blood), like when Kirk fights Spock in "Amok Time".

Xandra comes in, sees Vorian about to die, and is very disturbed. Was she IN LOVE WITH HIM? I never got that impression from any previous episodes, or that she even had a love interest at all. Seems a bit rushed. Anyway, the actress who plays Xandra has a heaving emotional moment here and plays it to the hilt; it's quite sexy. Then she attacks Borgo in a frenzy with that same double-bladed knife. Borgo does what he's been doing to her throughout the series - choke her like a ragdoll, and toss her into the corner.

Meanwhile, Force Field has Hergis, Luna and Narda on the ropes inside his field, when Ding attacks him from behind and makes him lose his concentration. Hergis and Narda press the attack on Force Field, but WHERE ARE THE OTHER SUPER SOLIDERS to back him up???

Back in that empty Star Trek-like room, Valentina strides in to confront Borgo, wearing her new multi-colored snake headdress. As if to taunt her, Borgo changes his appearance back to that of her father, Rex. They stare each other down as a dramatic musical crescendo swells in the background, and that's where the episode ends.
episode 128 valentina stares down borgo.jpg
episode 128 valentina stares down borgo.jpg (53.03 KiB) Viewed 6068 times
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Episode 128-

But Hergis isn't as cold as you might think: in the midst of a fiery gun battle in the village where Vorian, Deathglare and Detonator are blowing up stuff and killing soldiers, Hergis make his move. He drags Vorian to the ground and puts his foot on his chest, but then helps him up and talks with Vorian about a "traitor". Without the translation, I can't tell what's going on, but I assume that Hergis is trying to bring Vorian over to the anti-Borgo side? Maybe Red 5 or Brdiy can clarify.
The audio was not really clear during this scene, but from what I can gather, Hergis was appealing to the soldier in Vorian and says something about loyalty to their planet and not to Borgo who just wanted to conquer the galaxy
Xandra comes in, sees Vorian about to die, and is very disturbed. Was she IN LOVE WITH HIM? I never got that impression from any previous episodes, or that she even had a love interest at all. Seems a bit rushed.
If I'm not mistaken, I must have read somewhere that Vorian is Xandra's brother, though I can't be too sure myself as I usually just browse through the episodes, so I didn't really catch their onscreen relationship.

Supergirl763
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

That 3 episode run; from her fight with Valentina to her being saved has the best heroine peril I have seen in mainstream media. I don't think a heroine has ever been so humiliated and helpless.

I think some children who watched the show for its kind-hearted nature must have been traumatized lol.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Episode 129

Borgo and Valentina engage in physical battle. Valentina slams Borgo against the wall with her snakes; Borgo slams her against the wall with his punches. Borgo throatlifts Valentina and tries to choke her, then tosses her through another wall.

Meanwhile, Ding is running through the Borgo lair which is slowly collapsing, with big stone pillars falling down all around him. Is this being caused by the fight between Borgo and Valentina, or some other force? He sees the Darna stone glowing in the corner, and attempts to get hold of it.

Outside, the sky is still orange in Nueva Esperanza (which means Force Field's dome is still up), as the group of villagers and army soldiers march together through the city towards Borgo's lair. But Evil Titan (the Mayor) stands in their way, like King Kong.

Meanwhile back at the lair, Hergis and Narda are kicking Force Field's ass, when Ding walks in holding the stone. What do you think the embattled Narda says? Of course: DING, ANG BATO! And there it is - everything goes in slow motion as the stone is thrown to Narda. She does a flying backwards gymnastic leap off the wall to avoid Borgo from grabbing the stone, swallowing it and shouting 'Darna' in mid-air, so she can do a superheroine landing on the ground. And just like that, she is back - healed, and super sexy. All of the actors give her the telenovela look in turn.

Feeling desperate, Borgo injects himself with what might be the last vial of Extra serum. It turns him into a super-Borgo: he's heavily armored and glowing hot - he can now shoot beams of fire! Borgo then surrounds her with a force field and takes off into the air, lifting Darna with him.

Outside, Evil Titan is confronting the Nueva Esperanzans. He is flanked by the all other Super Soldiers (and yes, Maisha is there) as well as some young gang members types under his employ. The villagers start to chant "Darna! Darna", and just then, Darna is tossed onto the pavement in front of them by Borgo, who joins his Soldiers.

So, the final conflict is set between the two groups. Evil Titan tries to throw an ambulance (that's right) at the crowd, but Darna deflects it and
pushes him into the sky. Meanwhile Detonator and his former friend Richard are confronting each other, and Force Field is trapping as many of the citizens as possible in various impenetrable force bubbles (how many can he generate at once?). Hergis and Luna are choking inside one of those bubbles. Then Xandra steps into the fray, smacking Force Field down to the ground with her super strength, then stepping on him to conquer him. Don't underestimate how sexy this character can be.

Then, in what looks like another part of the city, Darna and Borgo are physically battling. Borgo is shooting flames and throwing big pillars of concrete at Darna. General Diaz's army is now on the ground, weapons firing at Evil Titan. Then comes another moment of classic peril as
Borgo throatlifts Darna, putting her in visible distress.
borgo throatlifting darna.jpg
borgo throatlifting darna.jpg (72.76 KiB) Viewed 5927 times
I don't know why he doesn't just try to choke her to death, but instead he knocks her clear across the plaza onto the ground. However, she gets up, and looks very invigorated. Evil Titan, meanwhile, advances on the army with Deathglare, Basura, and Detonator. For some reason, Trisha grabs Maisha and teleports her next to the other Soliders, then runs away to hide. Not sure what that was about.

Darna keeps battling Borgo. We get a lot of sexy action poses, and parts of her costume shining with power. Jane looks fantastic.
Then, all of a sudden, a whole bunch of glowing rings turn on, surrounding the area where the Soldiers are standing.
Apparently, this is an elaborate scientific trap set up by Dr Villalobos to weaken and capture all the superpowered villains.
The Doctor's plan seems to be working, and the villagers seem very happy.

Back to the battle of Borgo vs Darna: They just keep pounding away at each other, and we keep seeing it from every possible angle.
Here's a particularly nice one showcasing the full costume.
darna in the battle.jpg
darna in the battle.jpg (93.92 KiB) Viewed 5927 times
Darna stands there recalling various memories from the series, to remember what she is fighting for. Borgo starts throwing big slabs of cement at Darna, which Darna easily deflects and smashes. Next comes something we haven't seen before: Darna's sexy boots glowing with power.
darna boots glowing with power.jpg
darna boots glowing with power.jpg (85.23 KiB) Viewed 5927 times
Then her whole body glows with power, as she delivers a smashing mid-air blow to Borgo, and floats in the sky, just glowing with energy.
darna glowing with the power.jpg
darna glowing with the power.jpg (77.08 KiB) Viewed 5927 times
The episode stops there, halfway through her fight with Borgo.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Episode 130 - The Finale!

So...the plan by Dr Villalobos to trap the villains inside his perimeter of power-dampening rings doesn't work: the rings stop working, and fizzle out.
Meanwhile, Darna and Borgo continue to trade massive crunching blows in the parking lot area.
Then (as shown above) Darna begins to glow with power. She hits Borgo with a massive blow and flies up into the air.
There's an extended camera pan up and down her body as her costume is glowing. So beautiful, so triumphant! The crowd looks up at her in awe.

But they don't have much respite, as the army starts firing up at the newly giant-sized Evil Titan. The bullets just bounce off Titan. But the villagers and cops are having more luck on the ground as they surround and try to crush Deathglare, Detonator, and Basura. Then, from out of nowhere come the prisoner Extras from the Facility! (I guess Villalobos let them out for good behavior).

One guy who has green hands uses his force field to prevent Titan from stepping on people. Silent Shocker is back, and he's sending lightning bolts
at Titan. Meanwhile, beautiful glowing Darna is flying back and forth through the air, punching Borgo around the sky like a plaything. Deathglare tries to roast the villagers, but Metal Man steps into the breach and saves them. Ding plugs the ring apparatus back in, and it starts working again, making Titan into a regular-sized guy and taking away the Soldiers' powers. It also looks like Silent Shocker is helping to power the rings, if I'm not mistaken.

Darna spins around quickly in the air and wallops Borgo into the ground, where he cracks a crater in the pavement, and lies motionless. Everyone from the village cheers for Darna. But Borgo gets up and pulls out his trump card: the incredible powerful staff thingy (the "Zithrax"?) which can destroy the planet (where was he hiding it on his costume?). It launches into the stratosphere, and Darna flies up after it, hugging the staff close (it's larger than she is).

After a commercial break, a little villager girl looks up and sees that Darna has it under control. The staff apparently explodes - but you only hear the sound, you don't see the explosion, which is a little cheap and detracts from the drama (they couldn't budget for one explosion, but they used an elaborate costume in one final shot...see below). But anyway, everyone's happy about it, and Ernie and the cops give Darna a salute. Even the Human Urchin and the Seductress get into the spirit! So, then we see the Mayor and the other Soliders led away in handcuffs into the jail, and the reactions from the other prisoners. However, I do have a question: where is Maisha? Did she get captured? And why didn't she use her Pied Piper power to control all the people in the area, so they wouldn't have been able to use the dampening rings?
She just kind of disappears off the radar.

Hergis has a serious sit-down with the Super Friends (Darna, Villalobos, Ding) and he cries a little bit, as he gets a hug from Ding for being a good combat trainer (as 'Claudio'). Hergis goes on his way, leaving the city like Bill Bixby used to do at the end of every Hulk episode. Narda brings out the ring that Brian was going to give her, and she's very sad that he's gone. Then Darna in her superheroine form stands with Luna, looking over the village. They hug, and then Luna says goodbye to Richard, too. Luna's now in her costume, so my question is: why didn't she do a damn thing in the first against Borgo if she still has her costume and powers?

Luna and Darna are both in their costumes, and they are receiving a new spaceship which is touching down: four Marteans wearing elaborate costumes who are probably some sort of bodyguards or courtiers, and then stepping down the ramp is a beautiful goddess with a fancy headdress, a cape, and a very tight catsuit with shiny striping down the front. It's obvious that this is the Martean Queen. This is the tightest and sexiest costume of the whole series and they only use it in one final shot? Check out those high boots.
sexy catsuit costume of the Martean queen.jpg
sexy catsuit costume of the Martean queen.jpg (72.07 KiB) Viewed 5824 times
After Luna bows to her and introduces Narda as the successor Protector to her mother Zora, the Queen addresses Darna. I'm guessing that the Queen commends Darna's achievements, and gives her permission to keep the stone and remain as the defender of the Earth. But you can correct me (Red5, brdiy?) if I'm wrong. The Queen and her retinue takes off in the ship.
the queen addresses darna.jpg
the queen addresses darna.jpg (83.84 KiB) Viewed 5824 times
Next day, Narda hangs out with the restaurant crew, and has a nice hug with Grandma and Ding. Then she goes to visit Regina in the prison.
I'm not sure what they talk about, but I assume it has something to do with Narda and Regina reconciling, and possibly what Regina plans to do in the future (not sure how long her prison term is, I mean she did kill a whole bunch of people). Regina proclaims that, "After all, I am the first Extra."
Narda and Regina hug.

But after Darna flies away (and there is a nice final flying sequence), Regina reveals her evil plan to get back out into the world. "My life is my choice", she says. When the jailers try to get in her cell, she attacks them with her snakes, which are now so strong that she can tear off the iron cell door. She strides out in full tight sexy costume, proclaiming that she wants to be free. "I AM VALENTINA!" Hopefully she learns her lesson and decides not to plague Nueva Esperanza and kill its citizens anymore.
valentina breaks out.jpg
valentina breaks out.jpg (60.51 KiB) Viewed 5824 times
Darna recalls something the queen said: "Daihim mapaparating mga malakim". I'm not sure if I'm getting it right but it means something like "it will be accessible to you". Perhaps the queen is referring to the power of the stone, or that Darna can call on the queen in the future? Not sure - again, maybe Red5 or brdiy can enlighten.

The episode ends with dozens of cast shots featuring all the bit players and listing their names, plus a few quick bloopers. They show photos of all the production team, and even the executives of the company (ABS-CBN, I assume). A few quick clips of the actors (including Jane) saying goodbye, and then a clip of the crew all shouting "Thank you for watching Darna!".
crew shot.jpg
crew shot.jpg (100.46 KiB) Viewed 5824 times
One thing for sure you can say about this series: all through it, Jane and Janella have just been hot hot hot. Even when some episodes were very low or recycled old footage, we didn't give up, and stuck through it. This was ultimately an emotional experience, and exactly the reason why we love superheroines so much!

Hope you had as much fun with Darna 2002 as I did. Hopefully we don't have to wait so long for more adventures of Darna and Valentina.
Jane blows you a kiss at the end! (I didn't catch everything she said but it ended with 'lipad' so I assume it means something like 'keep on flying!')
jane gives you a kiss.jpg
jane gives you a kiss.jpg (68.88 KiB) Viewed 5824 times
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Episode 130 - The Finale!

Luna and Darna are both in their costumes, and they are receiving a new spaceship which is touching down: four Marteans wearing elaborate costumes who are probably some sort of bodyguards or courtiers, and then stepping down the ramp is a beautiful goddess with a fancy headdress, a cape, and a very tight catsuit with shiny striping down the front. It's obvious that this is the Martean Queen. This is the tightest and sexiest costume of the whole series and they only use it in one final shot? Check out those high boots.

sexy catsuit costume of the Martean queen.jpg

After Luna bows to her and introduces Narda as the successor Protector to her mother Zora, the Queen addresses Darna. I'm guessing that the Queen commends Darna's achievements, and gives her permission to keep the stone and remain as the defender of the Earth. But you can correct me (Red5, brdiy?) if I'm wrong. The Queen and her retinue takes off in the ship.

the queen addresses darna.jpg

Yes, you did catch the gist of her message correctly. :thumbup:

Fun fact (in case you did not catch this one), the Queen of Marte was played by the same person here, i.e. the reigning Ms. Philippines Universe, Celeste Cortesi who donned a Darna costume during the Ms. Universe Pageant held just recently. She's half Italian, so her Tagalog was quite awkward to listen to. :D
celeste cortesi as darna 2.jpg
celeste cortesi as darna 2.jpg (217.92 KiB) Viewed 5779 times
ceteste cortesi as darna 1.jpg
ceteste cortesi as darna 1.jpg (90.29 KiB) Viewed 5779 times
I'm not sure what they talk about, but I assume it has something to do with Narda and Regina reconciling, and possibly what Regina plans to do in the future (not sure how long her prison term is, I mean she did kill a whole bunch of people). Regina proclaims that, "After all, I am the first Extra."
Narda and Regina hug.
Valentina tells Narda that a serum has been developed to get rid of Valentina, and that the serum is more potent that the usual, because "after all..."

Darna recalls something the queen said: "Daihim mapaparating mga malakim". I'm not sure if I'm getting it right but it means something like "it will be accessible to you". Perhaps the queen is referring to the power of the stone, or that Darna can call on the queen in the future? Not sure - again, maybe Red5 or brdiy can enlighten.
"Kailangan mong maging handa, dahil may parating na malaking panganib" = You need to be prepared because a great danger is coming.

I wonder if they are teasing that there will be a next chapter to Darna's adventures? :hmmm:

Crossing my fingers...
Jane blows you a kiss at the end! (I didn't catch everything she said but it ended with 'lipad' so I assume it means something like 'keep on flying!')

jane gives you a kiss.jpg
"Hanggang sa aking muling paglipad" = 'til my next flight

I do hope there are plans for a continuation later on. After all, Valentina is still on the loose.

shevek
Producer
Producer

brdiy wrote:
1 year ago

Fun fact (in case you did not catch this one), the Queen of Marte was played by the same person here, i.e. the reigning Ms. Philippines Universe, Celeste Cortesi who donned a Darna costume during the Ms. Universe Pageant held just recently. She's half Italian, so her Tagalog was quite awkward to listen to. :D

Valentina tells Narda that a serum has been developed to get rid of Valentina, and that the serum is more potent that the usual, because "after all..."

I wonder if they are teasing that there will be a next chapter to Darna's adventures? :hmmm:
Crossing my fingers...

"Hanggang sa aking muling paglipad" = 'til my next flight

I do hope there are plans for a continuation later on. After all, Valentina is still on the loose.
Thanks for the explanations - I'm sure everyone here appreciates a native Filipino for interpretation with this show!

No, I didn't realize that Queen Kevnar (yes. that's her name) is played by Celeste Cortesi, who must be a super-fan of Darna to do it.
I now see that her name was added way at the bottom of the guest actor list on the show's Wiki - I should have checked there.
She is extremely beautiful and deserves every inch of that crown.

If the Facility was planning to neutralize Valentina, it's no wonder that Regina wanted to break out with such urgency. Can't tame the fury!

I'm sure everyone wishes for a new series, hopefully with the same actress who did such an amazing job. Until her next flight, indeed,
LIPAD DARNA LIPAD!