HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

To my fellow Americans and anyone outside the U.S. who celebrates the holiday.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

That would be the citizenry of Lieden in Holland who started it all for 10 years before the Pilgrim father's left Lieden and went to the States.
(The thanks giving is for escaping the religious oppression in England by fleeing to Holland)
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

:thumbup: But yes,you all have a great time and try not to fight with your relations

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
shevek
Producer
Producer

Apparently, if you want to read some fun Thanksgiving comic book stories from the past, Marvel Unlimited has you covered in this post from yesterday. I'm pleasantly surprised that they're still fine with the mass appeal of this idea in 2022.
I guess they still know whence their bread is buttered.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/ ... -unlimited

My favorite image is this one from 1994's Uncanny X-Men #308 - not only is it a delicious-looking turkey, but everyone (both male and female) still has that incredible 80s/early 90s puffed-out long hair! Art by John Romita Jr.
x_giving_reading_list.jpg
x_giving_reading_list.jpg (101.53 KiB) Viewed 732 times
And here's one for the young at heart: some very cute art from the lovely Irene Strychalski (who, as followers of certain indie Youtubers know, has gone 'rogue' with her own 'Fiendish' comics franchise) from 2018. Gwen Stacy (already known as 'Ghost-Spider') battles Venom over Thankgiving pie!
sha_thanksgiving.jpeg
sha_thanksgiving.jpeg (234.62 KiB) Viewed 732 times
Not be outdone, DC has an article about the six superheroes to invite for the perfect Thanksgiving.

https://www.dc.com/blog/2022/11/24/the- ... ing-dinner

I'm a little disappointed they didn't reprint a bunch of great panels from Thanksgiving scenes in comics gone past. They went in a bit of a different direction than Marvel - concentrating on the personalities instead. Fair enough - there's nobody we'd want more to supervise a properly prepared
Thanksgiving Feast at Wayne Manor than Alfred Pennyworth himself!
bruce and alfred.jpg
bruce and alfred.jpg (143.28 KiB) Viewed 732 times
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

tallyho wrote:
1 year ago
:thumbup: But yes,you all have a great time and try not to fight with your relations
It's easy, I have many liberal relatives and we have never had a problem

Of course we follow the mantra for family gathering and business: Don't discuss religion and politics.
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
tallyho wrote:
1 year ago
It's easy, I have many liberal relatives and we have never had a problem

Of course we follow the mantra for family gathering and business: Don't discuss religion and politics.
And never ever mention what happened with Aunt Agnes

(every family has the equivalent so please replace Agnes with your own, dark family secret!)