Ashley Lane or Halsey Rae?

General discussions about superheroines!
emile
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

I think it’s safe to say that these two actresses have admirably seen our genre through its lean and fallow period - they’ve (until recently) always been dependable constants.

If you had to go with one, who would you choose?
awsman
Henchman
Henchman

I’m not as familiar with Halsey’s work, but I’ve got to go with Ashley. Besides being gorgeous, she has the acting ability and genuine love for fetish work to play any type of role. She can be a confident, badass heroine, or can be completely broken by her defeat and turn into a frightened, pitiful victim. And personally, I think she gives the best noncon performances in the game. Ms. Lane has starred in three of my own customs and knocked it out of the park each time. Definitely a SHIP legend!
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I have seen both their performances and enjoyed them. Ashley Lane and Halsey Rae are very good. Love Ashley's acting ability.
meepmeep
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

I loved Halsey Rae. She had such an expressive face that really endeared you to the characters she played. Capable of eliciting profound sympathy for the heroines she portrayed and the difficult circumstances they found themselves in.
hals.jpg
hals.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 1714 times
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

My only slight critique of Ashley Lane, and I don't know if this is a director thing or an actress thing, but in almost every Ashley Lane SHIP film I have ever seen with her, she is crying almost all the way through her films. Incessant crying nearly all the way through a SHIP film is a turnoff for me.
SHL
Producer
Producer

I think it’s in poor taste to be pitting these two actresses against one another in an opinion thread.

We should have gratitude and respect for the women who placate our fantasies and approach our genre with enthusiasm. Asking them to star in content that is a harder days work than a typical adult production is a big ask (fake fighting, stunt work, long days on set) and they step up to the plate. There are a lot of actors who turn down the work

I find it strange that you prefaced it with how great they’ve been to the genre then quickly turned it into a popularity contest.

I dunno, do better.
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I agree SHL...Both actresses are equally wonderful. I love Ashley Lane and Halsey Rae's films.
emile
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

SHL wrote:
1 year ago
I think it’s in poor taste to be pitting these two actresses against one another in an opinion thread.

We should have gratitude and respect for the women who placate our fantasies and approach our genre with enthusiasm. Asking them to star in content that is a harder days work than a typical adult production is a big ask (fake fighting, stunt work, long days on set) and they step up to the plate. There are a lot of actors who turn down the work

I find it strange that you prefaced it with how great they’ve been to the genre then quickly turned it into a popularity contest.

I dunno, do better.
And…. thats the way to enrich discussion. Lovely
naycherboy
Neophyte Lvl 2
Neophyte Lvl 2

Authoritarian opinions aside, I'd vote for Halsey Rae solely because of the large supply of content I see available from Ashley Lane. I think both talents could benefit from and produce media consistent with specific producers that make things to my liking (sleepy, peril, etc).
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

SHL wrote:
1 year ago

I dunno, do better.
I understand where you are coming from, you deal with these beautiful and talented ladies as individuals, you probably hear their stories about how they can't wait to get back home to be with their loved ones and other personal stories, but this forum is expressly for seeing these gals as objectified sex symbols playing fantasy roles, as commodities playing a part. Is this really any different than having a discussion about pitting guys against each other, about who is the better sports star, Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady, Larry Bird vs Magic Johnson, Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair, or even superheroes, Batman vs Superman debates. We like what we like, and sometimes when having these conversations, we might cast a little shade on the opposing side in order to justify our preferences. Pitting two talented people against one another is a time-honored tradition. I see no harm in it. I find your defense of these lovely ladies both noble and admirable, but I don't see anything wrong with SHIP fans chiming in with for whom they prefer unless that criticism goes over the line into an overly critical and personal critique that borders on abuse or personal attack.
PartsUnknown
Henchman
Henchman

Is Halsey Rae still working in the genre? I have a lot of her films but I think they’re all from 2020 at the latest. Does she have anything more recent?
CIA
Henchman
Henchman

emile wrote:
1 year ago
I think it’s safe to say that these two actresses have admirably seen our genre through its lean and fallow period - they’ve (until recently) always been dependable constants.

If you had to go with one, who would you choose?
Marry Halsey, smash Ashley. Ashley is really looking weathered these days IMO. The business has aged her.