Real-life supervillainesses in spandex on the NYC subway (Green Goblin Gang)

General discussions about superheroines!
shevek
Producer
Producer

New York City is apparently in need of a real superheroine. And not just because of the increase in people getting stabbed or hit with a hammer on the subway. There's also this:

A few days ago, a group of at least nine women in tight neon-green spandex attacked other women on the subway and stole their possessions.
They're called the Green Goblin Gang, but I'm not sure if that moniker was self-imposed or dubbed by the media.

It looks like only four of them have been identified so far, which I would imagine is one of the advantages of wearing masks as a villainess.
Guess we'll see if the arrested ones turn in their friends.

At first, with everything that's been going on in the past couple years, I thought these days we are just living in the world of Demolition Man, but now I think it's possible we're also living in the MCU!

Interested to see the developments on whether they catch everyone involved, and whether there'll be any copycat incidents like this
(for example, imagine an incident like the dozens of wilding youths who destroyed that convenience store in Philly last month, but all in supervillain costumes).
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Maybe they thought they wouldn't show up on video because they were green screened?
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Most are life time criminals and knowing the DA, he will or already has let them free on no bail
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Maybe they were cosplaying “Joker’s Flying Saucer”? I would be willing to bet they thought the green costumes were going to make them invisible on security cameras. Most criminals aren’t the Riddler or Catwoman, most are goon #4. The jails are filled with them.Image
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Too bad our crew wasn't in the train, we would have stopped them! Silk & Spider Gwen and our other 2!!! What's the worse they could do to us?
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Times are rough, it's not financially feasible to buy the whole squad goblin gliders. If you ride public transit you save on money and it's harder for wall crawling do-gooders to fuck with you.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Have seen that video and was wondering why there are no cops interfering during all that time?
I mean it's the subway in NY, aren't there some cops around here and there?
I was hoping all the time that Batgirl would show up and beat the crap out of these obnoxious morons ;-)
The cops then arrest them afterward.

And that is not even spandex, seemingly just some ugly-ass green (cotton) cloth.
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Maskripper wrote:
1 year ago
Have seen that video and was wondering why there are no cops interfering during all that time?
I mean it's the subway in NY, aren't there some cops around here and there?
I was hoping all the time that Batgirl would show up and beat the crap out of these obnoxious morons ;-)
The cops then arrest them afterward.

And that is not even spandex, seemingly just some ugly-ass green (cotton) cloth.
There are very few police in the subway cars.

Some in some of the stations.

But for those who have never taken the subway in NY, the system is very large and there many exits, add to the fact under the previous Mayorial administration, the police were ordered to stand down.
Comicloverr22
Neophyte
Neophyte

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
At first, with everything that's been going on in the past couple years, I thought these days we are just living in the world of Demolition Man, but now I think it's possible we're also living in the MCU!

Interested to see the developments on whether they catch everyone involved, and whether there'll be any copycat incidents like this
(for example, imagine an incident like the dozens of wilding youths who destroyed that convenience store in Philly last month, but all in supervillain costumes).
I always had this theory about the ending of Joker (2019 film) in which Arthur Fleck's actions inspired other criminals to wear colorful costumes and adopt crazy gimmicks. I like to think Arthur/Joker created the rest of Batman's rogues galley in his universe. They saw him on TV that night and grew inspired by him.

What if those green women have already inspired people to put on costumes and adopt a gimmick, not just New York, but in other states? :hq: