Poll, what boot type do you like?

General discussions about superheroines!

Boot types

Bare legs
7%
Sandals
3%
High heels
13%
Calf boots
15%
Thigh boots
24%
Full leg covered
5%
Thigh straps
5%
With hose and boots
22%
Bare legs and boots
8%

Total votes: 88
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

What do people like with boots, shoes, legs.
argento
Elder Member
Elder Member

I like the look of the thigh boots.
Alice
Sargeant
Sargeant

I love thigh tight boots especially made of gloss leather
DonShip
Overlord
Overlord

Stiletto-heeled thigh boots are my favorite, but a over-the-knee or knee boot with a tall stiletto heel are good, too.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

My ultimate preference is a patent boot with a slightly chunky heel and no platform. Have most of those and I’m a happy guy.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Vote cast - looks like "the thighs have it"!

Like DonShip, I prefer thigh-highs with stilettos when possible, but they're hard to find for a decent price, and they break easily. So we often use black or brown calf boots (which I assume means knee-high) with smaller heels (but still tall enough to raise the actress' height by at least 3 inches) on many of our characters. Shiny go-go boots with 6-inch chunky heels are fairly easy to order in various colors too (Hellfyra has bright red ones; Stellara has light blue).

But this thread is definitely relevant to our recent activity. After nearly four years, the thigh-high stiletto boots for our frosty character Arctica (currently portrayed by the amazing flame-haired Bridget) were getting worn with the material beginning to flake off. That doesn't look too good either on camera or at Comicons, so I got a new pair of thigh-highs for her which will debut at Baltimore Comicon end of this month. The new style is still shiny white thigh-highs, but the heels are approx 3-inch and more of a 'Doc Marten' style with lots of support and rubbery bounce. She'll be very comfortable in them both striding the Con floor and battling villainesses.

Sexy *and* practical - who knew that was possible? :)
Supergirl77
Sargeant
Sargeant

I like the thigh boots as well like the ones worn by Brite Star below:

005.jpg
005.jpg (54.5 KiB) Viewed 533 times
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I like thigh boots, but stilettos bother me. The problem with teetering high heels is women are usually teetering around in them. They look great on a villainess (who is having someone else doing the dirty work), but on a heroine they make moving around all but impossible. Low heels allow the models to move much more naturally. YC’s batgirl had pretty low heels and she looked great in them, the same goes for Emma Peel. I love o-girl but I could never see her or Nylonika move very quick.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
I like thigh boots, but stilettos bother me. The problem with teetering high heels is women are usually teetering around in them. They look great on a villainess (who is having someone else doing the dirty work), but on a heroine they make moving around all but impossible. Low heels allow the models to move much more naturally. YC’s batgirl had pretty low heels and she looked great in them, the same goes for Emma Peel. I love o-girl but I could never see her or Nylonika move very quick.
Actually when we used high heels we had two sets of boots, one for the obvious high heel shots and one for fighting with no heels. Didn't want any broken ankles.