Marvel to add An Israeli Superheroine

General discussions about superheroines!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Sabra who Marvel introduced several decades ago, will be in the New Captain America

As a Jew, I have to say about time

Now how about having a Mossad agent in the next Bond movie

https://nypost.com/2022/09/14/disney-to ... ing-arabs/
shevek
Producer
Producer

Love Sabra, especially the original skintight costume with the prickly cactus cape and the 70s disco-era Jew-fro, which soon gave way to sexy 80s short hair. Bought that first Hulk issue when it came out - it was right during the peak period of my buying comics every week on the newsstand, and the concept looked appealing, just waiting there to be appreciated.

Even her latest costume from the past couple years, non-descript though it may be (it looks like a generic X-Men uniform) is still tight and beautiful. This has the potential to be so uplifting. I'm sure they will somehow figure out a way to ruin it.

Arabs who complain about this romanticizing the Mossad seem to have already forgotten about "Fauda" which was a huge hit worldwide.
Also, spies are sexy. They can't help it.

(Now all we need is for DC to bring in members of the Hayoth, even as a joke. "Judith" is essentially the DC analogue for Sabra. Maybe in the next Suicide Squad movie if it happens?)

Not to mention the worldwide popularity of Gal Gadot, or even the pop legend of Ofra Haza. Sorry, but the stereotype of attractive Israelis left the gate quite a while back, and it's not going to be corralled.

You want to compete? Unleash on the Marvel Universe the kind of beautiful Arab women we see in Lebanese pop star videos. Oh, but you won't do that, because those are Christian Arabs who don't have to cover up. (So...we did it for you, in Heroineburgh, with our character Jinniyya.)

Best prospect: there's not a single photo of a Sabra cosplayer on the Internet. I mean, not a single member of a college Hillel chapter ever sat down at any time with her friends in the past couple decades and just said, "let's do this."

Now, they will! The race is on to make the first amazing Sabra cosplay.

In the meantime, please note Myriam Fares, the hottest Maronite in existence. This latest video is from only a month ago, but she's been making videos like this for about 15 years (see the one below, from 2013).

shevek
Producer
Producer

MightyHypnotic wrote:
1 year ago
It would be better if they converted a Jewish housewife from Long Island!
Her power would be to re-paint the bedroom ceiling beige while feigning boredom during sex.
It's very un-Orthodox, I know. :)

(I guess I need to watch that show, now.)

All joking aside, I'm a bit concerned about the waifish frame of this actress, though.
Shira is such a lovely Hebrew name, one of my favorites (and not because it sounds like a MOTU character).
She has supermodel-level looks, and will be a solid actress, but she is tiny and thin. Reminds me a bit of Cara DeLevingne, who was an OK Enchantress and a passable Laureline, but certainly couldn't have pulled off a tough combat situation.

They couldn't find a tall, buff kick-ass soldier with some nice curves? Israel is absolutely full of beach-bombshell beauties with long curly black hair, it's a whole Middle Eastern type, I might have preferred a Yemenite. I suppose they are going to build her physique up somehow the way they did with Natalie Portman (speaking of red-hot Israelis?).

Inquiring minds and all.
15israel-marvel-image01-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg
15israel-marvel-image01-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg (592.59 KiB) Viewed 491 times
Very hot "this is a job for..." style transformation in her very first appearance!
sabra.jpeg
sabra.jpeg (182.99 KiB) Viewed 487 times
Also...I found a video with every Sabra comic book appearance ever! Good research job by this guy.
(I guess she was never in any Marvel animated stuff or the narrator would have mentioned that, too.)

ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
I'm a bit concerned about the waifish frame of this actress, though.
I'm something of hardbody appreciator myself.

However, it would make some kind of sense for the bodies of those with super-strength muscles to wither on earth, just as a regular earthling's body withers in space, due to the lack of exercise.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Marvel and other studios have shown that they can train an actor up to superhero physical shape given enough time.
korda
Henchman
Henchman

She's very petit. I think she'll be fit but not bulk up.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

5’2” and 110 lbs? I like spinners as much as the next guy, but this girl is tiny. Even at 27 she looks like an eighth grader. I’m surprised they picked her, especially when comparing her even to pre-Thor Nataly Portman (who looked by comparison). They couldn’t find a singly curvy Israeli that didn’t look like was raised on matza and water in the landlord’s basement after going missing in 1999?