Red Sonja movie in production (Millennium Media)

Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc Discussion about comic mainstream movies and TV shows.
shevek
Producer
Producer

No release date for this movie yet, but if it's already in production in Bulgaria and Greece, that's happy news for a couple reasons.

Never heard of Matilda Lutz (Red Sonja), have you?
But Robert Sheehan is a surprising choice for a male lead - his rendition of Klaus on Umbrella Academy isn't exactly a female audience draw.

Of course Nick Barucci of Dynamite Comics has his name in there as one of the producers.
Waiting to see what happens. Here's the article which just dropped:
https://deadline.com/2022/08/red-sonja- ... 235098151/
tallyho
Ambassador
Ambassador

I'd rather Wallis Day was Sonja
How strange are the ways of the gods ...........and how cruel.

I am here to help one and all enjoy this site, so if you have any questions or feel you are being trolled please contact me (Hit the 'CONTACT' little speech bubble below my Avatar).
shevek
Producer
Producer

tallyho wrote:
1 year ago
Yes, I agree - but she should be hot and evil as Annisia.
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

In awe of how weak that looks. Millennium Media are sub-garbage tier and this does not sound promising. Like not even a little bit.
Danorian
Sargeant 1st Class
Sargeant 1st Class

tallyho wrote:
1 year ago
She draws the eyes sooo well! I loved her in Krypton! One of the few bright spots of that series.

My 2 cents.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

The two female leads are attractive, the blonde as the evil half-sister is promising. Hopefully we get jealous sister enjoying dungeon time with Sonja.

Personally, I think a lower tier company will do a better job. An A-list actress may balk at doing the sexy bits and Disney would not allow for the feisty slave girl scenes or the harem dungeon. Really, what I want is old school misogyny sword and sandals epic, which we won’t get with ScarJo and Marvel.

Our chances of getting what we want is better with Roger Corman or some similar producer that would rather make money than build a family brand.
Supergirl763
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

First look of Matilda Lutz as Red Sonja. Can’t see full-body but it seems they are going for an armored look which is disappointing but not surprising.
Attachments
274C030D-CFE5-40FD-B6D5-426D0F0A7A8A.jpeg
274C030D-CFE5-40FD-B6D5-426D0F0A7A8A.jpeg (248.27 KiB) Viewed 2556 times
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

Last edited by Evil Spider 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Evil Spider wrote:
1 year ago
Supergirl763 wrote:
1 year ago
First look of Matilda Lutz as Red Sonja. Can’t see full-body but it seems they are going for an armored look which is disappointing but not surprising.
I like her very much, must see more pics!
Also not true to the comic.

Sonja is suppose to be scantily clad.
Supergirl763
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
Evil Spider wrote:
1 year ago
Supergirl763 wrote:
1 year ago
I like her very much, must see more pics!
Also not true to the comic.

Sonja is suppose to be scantily clad.
The chances of them going for a campy scantily clad comic-accurate heroine in a 2022 hollywood production are close to zero.
I think this will be the armored Gal Gadot-Wonder Woman version of Red Sonja but let’s hope and wait until we get a full-body shot.
Maskripper
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Well, judging from the picture she isn't wearing full armor (like Galadriel) but only armor pieces.
Which makes a lot of sense if you are a warrior....
It will be interesting to see a full-body shot.
Perhaps she gets an armor chest plate with a cleavage... that would be a compromise ;-)
Although her back isn't armored, so maybe she will just run around in a leather bra....
Vist my blog and its Youtube channel:
http://www.maskripper.org
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaskripperOrg

Masked women in action! Superheroines, burglars, villainesses are waiting for you...
Supergirl763
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

Maskripper wrote:
1 year ago
Well, judging from the picture she isn't wearing full armor (like Galadriel) but only armor pieces.
Which makes a lot of sense if you are a warrior....
It will be interesting to see a full-body shot.
Perhaps she gets an armor chest plate with a cleavage... that would be a compromise ;-)
Although her back isn't armored, so maybe she will just run around in a leather bra....
I hope something like Guinevere from King Arthur (2004). Midriff and/or legs exposed.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Wow. Having seeing this amazing photo I am hyped. But even more so, I decided to read an article on a website called Talkhouse from 2017,
which is an eye-opening interview with the Red Sonja movie director MJ Bassett, probably the most level-headed trans individual I've ever seen in recent public media who has an actual string of accomplishments (Deathwatch, Solomon Kane, Silent Hill).

This movie went from Hannah John-Kamen and Joey Soloway, to Matilda Lutz and MJ Bassett. That's probably the best and most positive U-turn one could hope for. 'Rogue' is a so-so movie, but take the time to watch it, to see how Bassett makes the most of Megan Fox as hot, powerful, and sweaty
for action. That's exactly what is needed in a Red Sonja flick, and so I'm very excited to see the result!
Supergirl763
Neophyte Lvl 5
Neophyte Lvl 5

First look of Matilda Lutz in costume as Red Sonja

https://theronin.org/2023/02/19/exclusi ... nes-armor/

Looks like they went with a balance between her classic chain mail bikini and practical costume
cartman666x
Neophyte Lvl 3
Neophyte Lvl 3

another character ruined
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Looking at that picture, all I can say is it could have been much, much worse. At least they didn't make her wear baggy pants, right? 😅
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Supergirl763 wrote:
1 year ago

Looks like they went with a balance between her classic chain mail bikini and practical costume
You are too kind

It looks horrible
shevek
Producer
Producer

It looks as fine as it's gonna get, really. I see bright red hair, I see room to display cleavage, I see plenty of skin on the arms, the midriff, and the legs.

What else did you want? There was never going to be a bikini. If this movie had been made as an American production (if it even could be made at all), it would have been a lot worse.

The real test is whether the production is going to be soaked in sociopolitical messaging or not. From what I see, the director's daughter Isabel is probably not involved in writing the script, and movies produced in Bulgaria and filmed in Greece don't have much chance of ending up woke, so I'm guessing it won't be. The director herself is trans, but has absolutely no history of injecting agenda in any movies up until now.

What I find interesting about director MJ Bassett is that 'he' (past tense) was quite a handsome man back in the days when he directed Solomon Kane (2009) and apparently upon transitioning in 2017, committed to adopting a very attractive female presentation. The physical change to the complete opposite is admittedly incredible. If you look at the before and after photos side by side, you can't tell it's the same person at all. And I would think that would be the ultimate wish fulfillment for any autogynephile. Hopefully, Bassett is just so satisfied with the new person 'she' has become, that she sees no need to broadcast any kind of virtue signal, and simply wants to continue making hot and sweaty action movies inspired by the beauty of the female form.

You missed this little tidbit from the official Dynamite Comics Red Sonja Instagram. Looks like there's going to be a gladiator arena scene!

vnv7272
Sargeant
Sargeant

Supergirl763 wrote:
1 year ago

Oh, she is a DIRTY girl.
shevek
Producer
Producer

I just watched "Revenge" to see Matilda Lutz's action chops. She's got them.
She's also magnetic throughout the entire movie, evolving from sexy starlet to damsel in distress to hot action heroine.
She's not the most voluptuous actress around, but definitely qualified to play Red Sonja in terms of talent and looks.
revenge matilda first shot.jpg
revenge matilda first shot.jpg (33.39 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
revenge matilda naked shot.jpg
revenge matilda naked shot.jpg (23.11 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
revenge matilda last shot.jpg
revenge matilda last shot.jpg (43.61 KiB) Viewed 1336 times