Electra Woman's Incompetence In "The Spider Lady"

General discussions about superheroines!
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

n
Attachments
Nothing Electra Woman Can Possibly Do!.png
Nothing Electra Woman Can Possibly Do!.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 3874 times
Electra Woman Walks Into trap.png
Electra Woman Walks Into trap.png (1.94 MiB) Viewed 3874 times
Electra Woman Walks Right Past Henchmen.png
Electra Woman Walks Right Past Henchmen.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 3874 times
Electra Woman Terrified.png
Electra Woman Terrified.png (1.54 MiB) Viewed 3874 times
Dyna Girl jumps Into Action, Electra Woman Watches.png
Dyna Girl jumps Into Action, Electra Woman Watches.png (2.01 MiB) Viewed 3874 times
Dyna Girl Jumps Into Action, Electra Woman Watches...Again.png
Dyna Girl Jumps Into Action, Electra Woman Watches...Again.png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 3874 times
Last edited by KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

When the webbing fell on Electra Woman and she struggled in it, it was the kind of scene I wish I could have seen more of in the show, where one of the heroines was struggling. I wish Dyna Girl could have been in more scenes like that.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

IMSancho wrote:
1 year ago
When the webbing fell on Electra Woman and she struggled in it, it was the kind of scene I wish I could have seen more of in the show, where one of the heroines was struggling. I wish Dyna Girl could have been in more scenes like that.
My favorite thing about it is just how pathetic she looked. The way she just flops on the ground is almost comical, and while this was probably more a result of the shows limitations than it actually trying to portray her as hilariously weak, the way she just tries and fails to get off what is obviously just rope lying on top of her is great.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I just always preferred Dyna Girl. Love her costume, especially the pink tights, and how spunky she was.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

IMSancho wrote:
1 year ago
I just always preferred Dyna Girl. Love her costume, especially the pink tights, and how spunky she was.
That's cool. For me Electra Woman was the main attraction, but to each their own.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Electra Woman was hotter, probably why the show runners found it best to have her defeated more often.
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
HeroineTard
Sargeant
Sargeant

I remember this episode being really hot with peril. Probably my favorite episode of the series just because of how humiliating this would have been for her as she was so arrogant and cocky at the start.

Electra Woman looked so great captured in Spider Lady's device. I loved how just before her capture EW is strutting in into Spider Lady's lair, ignoring the henchman in order to strike a heroic power pose in front of her nemesis. Her overconfidence really led to her humiliating downfall in this case. It was amazing seeing her scared and panicked while being helpless against the spiders at her feet in the later scenes. Seeing Electra Woman wide eyed with fear and her tight spandex costume dripping with sweat was a dream come true for me.

I only wish we saw more of this defeat and humiliations of the orange leotarded heroine. I picture many "what-if?" scenarios in my head...

What if Spider Lady was just a little smarter and didn't actually destroy Crimescope to free Electra Woman?

What if Spider Lady continued to steal and cause chaos disguised as Electra Woman? EW's heroic reputation would be ruined and she'd be a wanted criminal. Meanwhile the real Electra Woman would still be trapped in the device, for weeks or months without even being let out for a toilet break. Given how pathetic Electra Woman is without her powers, her weak will would surely break in a short time. She'd lose all that pride and poise and would be begging for her life, willing to do any degrading thing her captors ask. At least in my twisted fan fiction alternate reality :)
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
Electra Woman was hotter, probably why the show runners found it best to have her defeated more often.
I like how it's kinda reversed from 60s batman. Obviously Batman and Robin both got into a lot of trouble, but Robin was definitely the more likely target, being the sidekick. However, Electra Woman, the lead heroine, was the one a bit more likely to be imperiled
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

HeroineTard wrote:
1 year ago
I remember this episode being really hot with peril. Probably my favorite episode of the series just because of how humiliating this would have been for her as she was so arrogant and cocky at the start.

Electra Woman looked so great captured in Spider Lady's device. I loved how just before her capture EW is strutting in into Spider Lady's lair, ignoring the henchman in order to strike a heroic power pose in front of her nemesis. Her overconfidence really led to her humiliating downfall in this case. It was amazing seeing her scared and panicked while being helpless against the spiders at her feet in the later scenes. Seeing Electra Woman wide eyed with fear and her tight spandex costume dripping with sweat was a dream come true for me.

I only wish we saw more of this defeat and humiliations of the orange leotarded heroine. I picture many "what-if?" scenarios in my head...

What if Spider Lady was just a little smarter and didn't actually destroy Crimescope to free Electra Woman?

What if Spider Lady continued to steal and cause chaos disguised as Electra Woman? EW's heroic reputation would be ruined and she'd be a wanted criminal. Meanwhile the real Electra Woman would still be trapped in the device, for weeks or months without even being let out for a toilet break. Given how pathetic Electra Woman is without her powers, her weak will would surely break in a short time. She'd lose all that pride and poise and would be begging for her life, willing to do any degrading thing her captors ask. At least in my twisted fan fiction alternate reality :)
Hell, she was pretty pathetic WITH her powers
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

I still would have loved to see Dyna Girl in some of the perils the Riddler and the Joker put Robin in.
Bugsy
Sargeant
Sargeant

But her failure was sexy!
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Bugsy wrote:
1 year ago
Big Time. For me, one of the main appeals of Electra Woman is that she is such a crappy superheroine. Like, In her 70s show Wonder Woman made mistakes and lost a few times but on the whole she was a badass. Same goes for Spider-Woman in her cartoon. By contrast Electra Woman is just a dumb blonde lady with a fancy wristwatch who was constantly in over her head and almost always needed someone (usually Frank) to save her and got her ass kicked by her sidekick when they fought. The only other TV superheroine who sucked as hard at her job as far as I know was Black Scorpion, but Darcy wasn't really incompetent so much as just a pretty awful fighter. Electra Woman is that and a bumbling idiot.
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD wrote:
1 year ago
Bugsy wrote:
1 year ago
Big Time. For me, one of the main appeals of Electra Woman is that she is such a crappy superheroine. Like, In her 70s show Wonder Woman made mistakes and lost a few times but on the whole she was a badass. Same goes for Spider-Woman in her cartoon. By contrast Electra Woman is just a dumb blonde lady with a fancy wristwatch who was constantly in over her head and almost always needed someone (usually Frank) to save her and got her ass kicked by her sidekick when they fought. The only other TV superheroine who sucked as hard at her job as far as I know was Black Scorpion, but Darcy wasn't really incompetent so much as just a pretty awful fighter. Electra Woman is that and a bumbling idiot.
Probably just as worse, if not more so was Yvonne Craig's Batgirl who was always easily overcome by common thugs, and yet she walked always walked into danger with so much confidence.

KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
1 year ago
Bugsy wrote:
1 year ago
Probably just as worse, if not more so was Yvonne Craig's Batgirl who was always easily overcome by common thugs, and yet she walked always walked into danger with so much confidence.
That's a good point, though I feel it's worth noting that Batgirl is not the main hero, while Electra woman is. She should really be better, and yet she is laughably terrible
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
That always stuck with me because the sidekick usually gets captured, hypnotized, turned evil, etc. The hero rarely gets captured.
Last edited by Bronson881 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Bronson881
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

In fairness, Batgirl did start out as bad ass but then, she was written as easily captured by the villians. I did see the pilot of what they hoped to be a Batgirl spinoff but they decided not to go with it.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Bronson881 wrote:
1 year ago
brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
That always stuck with me because the sidekick usually gets captured, hypnotized, turned evil, etc. The here rarely gets captured.
Right. Bill Cosby, before he was radioactive, had a funny shtick about how Tonto always went to town, got beat up, and the Lone Ranger had to rescue him. Cosby said, "Tonto, don't go to town!"
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
1 year ago
Bugsy wrote:
1 year ago
With Batman and Robin’s help, she usually won the final fight. She was 0-3 vs. Egghead, Olga and the Cossacks and she never got the chance to even the score against King Tut’s henchgirls.
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Batgirl had no situational awareness. Come up behind her and she got knocked out or grabbed. You can see in in her first episode where she is taking out Penguin's goons at the start until she got flanked by two thugs in the end after Alfred freed Batman and Robin.

Electrawoman was just flat out incompetent.Even being Warned about a trap she got caught.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Visitor wrote:
1 year ago
Batgirl had no situational awareness. Come up behind her and she got knocked out or grabbed. You can see in in her first episode where she is taking out Penguin's goons at the start until she got flanked by two thugs in the end after Alfred freed Batman and Robin.

Electrawoman was just flat out incompetent.Even being Warned about a trap she got caught.
Walks into Glitter Rocks Lair aware of hypnotizing abilities, does nothing to prepare, is hypnotized and needs to be rescued
Goes after Evil Dyna Girl after losing to her badly with no new plan, gets captured by her and needs to be rescued
Knows Pharaoh was after mysterious object, stares at it when he holds it up acting confident and get's hypnotized, needs Dyna Girl to save her
Knows Pharaoh has hypnotizing object on hand, accepts offer to shake hands and get's hypnotized again. Needs Franks Help
God she sucks (which we love her for)
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

The inevitability of defeat makes her worth watching (over and over, even). That's why Lynda Carter's WW got boring after the first season, when we knew that defeats was gonna be a very rare thing.

Bugsy
Sargeant
Sargeant

In all fairness to Batgirl she usually figured it out before Batman!!! So she was alone to fight the villains!!

I agree about the later seasons of Wonder Woman! It was sad that they took away her defeats!!
HeroineTard
Sargeant
Sargeant

I've been considering getting a custom film made starring Electrawoman. It would center around her incompetence and ultimately lead to her public humiliation and the end of her crime fighting career.
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

HeroineTard wrote:
1 year ago
I've been considering getting a custom film made starring Electrawoman. It would center around her incompetence and ultimately lead to her public humiliation and the end of her crime fighting career.
Amazing idea indeed, my pick for the premium humiliation is Dynagirl!
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Evil Spider wrote:
1 year ago
HeroineTard wrote:
1 year ago
Amazing idea indeed, my pick for the premium humiliation is Dynagirl!
Ever since Cali Logan did an EW and DG custom for someone several years ago, I’d been hoping she’d do a solo Dyna Girl video.

And I’m still hoping Batgirl1969 can do a Dyna Girl Cosplay.
Last edited by IMSancho 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

HeroineTard wrote:
1 year ago
https://images.app.goo.gl/6Y5i3tbW16Koukh36
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Bugsy wrote:
1 year ago
In all fairness to Batgirl she usually figured it out before Batman!!! So she was alone to fight the villains!!

I agree about the later seasons of Wonder Woman! It was sad that they took away her defeats!!
The forth season would have been awesome for just this reason, Robin off to college, Batgirl and Batman running parallel investigations, a return to the two episode format and season one set budgets…
:mbounce: :mbounce: :mbounce: :mbounce: :mbounce: :mbounce:
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Double post
Last edited by sneakly 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
shevek
Producer
Producer

HeroineTard wrote:
1 year ago
Why not ask Christina Carter?

She already put the Electra-Woman and Dyna Girl characters in two of her "Cat's Eye Diamond" videos about 8 years ago.
The Cat's Eye series is some of the all-time SHIP classics (the peril mainly being the concept of heroines being turned evil and sex-obsessed).

You wouldn't be able to get Randy Moore and Lola Foxx to play them again, but I'm sure she could find some worthy actresses to fill those
very tight, very shiny, and amazingly accurate costumes (unless she's sold them by now) and production would be top-notch.
And Christina could play a dominating supervillainess as she often does. (even Spider-Lady, if you wanted)

We would all thank you profusely for it!
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Bugsy wrote:
1 year ago

The forth season would have been awesome for just this reason, Robin off to college, Batgirl and Batman running parallel investigations, a return to the two episode format and season one set budgets…
:mbounce:
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
HeroineTard wrote:
1 year ago

She already put the Electra-Woman and Dyna Girl characters in two of her "Cat's Eye Diamond" videos about 8 years ago.
The Cat's Eye series is some of the all-time SHIP classics (the peril mainly being the concept of heroines being turned evil and sex-obsessed).

You wouldn't be able to get Randy Moore and Lola Foxx to play them again, but I'm sure she could find some worthy actresses to fill those
very tight, very shiny, and amazingly accurate costumes (unless she's sold them by now) and production would be top-notch.
And Christina could play a dominating supervillainess as she often does. (even Spider-Lady, if you wanted)

And if he crowdfunded it, I’d chip in a few bucks.
shevek
Producer
Producer

IMSancho wrote:
1 year ago
shevek wrote:
1 year ago
HeroineTard wrote:
1 year ago

And if he crowdfunded it, I’d chip in a few bucks.
I would, as well. A couple hundred contributors at $20-25 each could make it happen. If those Cat's Eye costumes could be found, it would be worth every penny to see them in action again. Here's an idea: crowdfund an Electra-Woman & Dyna-Girl film (make sure to indicate that it's a 'parody' fan film, and that it won't be sold, so the Kroffts can't go after you) and spread the word far and wide (there's a EW&DG Facebook group, and a FemForce/AC Comics group as well - those would be good places to start, and then take it to the Youtube audience). Use the plot suggested above, but keep it PG-13 so that it's in the spirit of the original TV series. You can do a lot of incompetence and humiliation in PG-13 - it can be suggestive but not prurient. Then, when it's finished, post it on Youtube and Vimeo and Bitchute, publicize it well, and get it viewed by millions. It could wipe the slate (and our poisoned minds) completely clean of the middling 2016 reboot movie!
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Yes, something along the lines of what Dyna Hunk did.

And I’m thinking finish what the ill-fated Markie Post reboot started.

They were going to bring back Judy Strangis as the original Dyna Girl as the villain in the season finale.

Two Dyna Girls, what could be better?
Evil Spider
Elder Member
Elder Member

IMSancho wrote:
1 year ago
Two Dyna Girls, what could be better?
Double Dynagirl!!! Not sure if I should trap them or save them!
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Here is the video.

Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

That video also show how a show can be too campy
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
It was meant to be a female , even more kid friendly , version of the Batman 66 TV show. So there was less violence and fight scenes than Batman while keeping the costumes, dialogue, and villains.
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

Visitor wrote:
1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
It was meant to be a female , even more kid friendly , version of the Batman 66 TV show. So there was less violence and fight scenes than Batman while keeping the costumes, dialogue, and villains.
Hence, the traps/peril scenes were rather tame compared to Batman 66.

Would have definitely loved to see them tied up, struggling, writhing, squirming in those leotards and tights, like Batgirl in the Cat’s Whiskers.

OTH as Dyna Hunk once said when someone told him it was a kids show, “Tell that to my puberty.”