Terror on the Prairie (2022)

Discussions about Movies & TV shows not "Super" related.
shevek
Producer
Producer

Anything people on this Forum want to say about this movie? (It's not that hard to find)

I don't normally follow grindhouse-style westerns (I guess Django Unchained or The Hateful Eight might be examples?)
but this was a rather well-done, suspenseful with no shortage of violence and destruction. The characters were so well-developed
you could almost sympathize with *both* sides of the conflict.

The real revelation in this movie is the experienced Nick Searcy. He's like Clint Eastwood in his stoicness.
Gina Carano is good, too - she gets into some serious peril, balanced by lots of bravery and a bit of sheer foolhardiness.
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

shevek wrote:
1 year ago
Anything people on this Forum want to say about this movie? (It's not that hard to find)

I don't normally follow grindhouse-style westerns (I guess Django Unchained or The Hateful Eight might be examples?)
but this was a rather well-done, suspenseful with no shortage of violence and destruction. The characters were so well-developed
you could almost sympathize with *both* sides of the conflict.

The real revelation in this movie is the experienced Nick Searcy. He's like Clint Eastwood in his stoicness.
Gina Carano is good, too - she gets into some serious peril, balanced by lots of bravery and a bit of sheer foolhardiness.
Life after Star Wars? Her career was ruined for all of what? Nine months? So much for cancel culture…
Dogfish
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The movie was produced by the Daily Wire, the same right wing kook operation that bankrolls Ben Shapiro, so it's likely she got the gig precisely because she's been cancelled.

They expanded a couple of years back to essentially become a more general media production company, and since they get their money from elsewhere they don't actually have to turn a profit and can keep churning this stuff out for fun.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Dogfish wrote:
1 year ago
The movie was produced by the Daily Wire, the same right wing kook operation that bankrolls Ben Shapiro, so it's likely she got the gig precisely because she's been cancelled.

They expanded a couple of years back to essentially become a more general media production company, and since they get their money from elsewhere they don't actually have to turn a profit and can keep churning this stuff out for fun.
Not sure how they are right wing when every movie they make is about an empowered female.
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

I want to want to watch this. I like what the Daily Wire is doing, the film looks well produced, acted etc, and Gina is hot, but serious cowboy stuff isn't really my bag. I'd like to see someone do something colourful and sexy like live action (or cartoon) Kamen America, but it's unclear where Shapiro et al stand on that kind of thing.