Electra Woman sucks at being a super heroine

General discussions about superheroines!
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

I’ve realized that in the Alibaba episode of Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, Electra Woman displayed remarkable weakness and incompetence as a superhero. Take for instance when she takes on The evil Dyna girl for the first time. She confidently enters the room, complete with power pose. Alibaba hypes up what should be “the ultimate showdown between Electra Woman and Dyna Girl”. Electra Woman fires at Dyna Girl, who easily dodges and counterattacks. Electra Woman manages to avoid the attack, but she does so with absolutely terrible form, leaving herself wide open. Dyna Girl capitalizes on this, immediately firing again. Electra Woman is hit..and immediately passes out. One hit was all it took. Clearly, the lady doesn’t have much endurance. Alibaba just leaves her there unconscious, apparently not too worried about her.

Eventually she recovers. Electra Woman tries shutting down Dyna Girls watch from their main computer. Frank is shown to be able to do this with ease at multiple points. Electra Woman fails miserably. Obviously she isn’t the tech support, but you’d think she would be able to do something so basic with HER tech. Then she charges alibabas lair, Leroy Jenkins style

When she gets there, Dyna Girl is totally distracted hamming it up and looking in the opposite direction. Electra Woman has a great opening here. She could blast Dyna Girl, or use her force field to simply paralyze her if she didn’t want to hurt her. She decides to…announce her presence. Dyna Girl responds by placing Electra Woman in a force field, which Electra Woman is too slow to prevent (Electra Woman has an utterly pathetic look of fear at this point). Electra Woman has again been defeated in about ten seconds by Dyna Girl, and this time she has gotten herself captured as well, something she could have easily avoided by acting remotely competent. The villains consider turning Electra Woman evil as well, but Alibaba quickly states that “we don’t need her”. Alibaba could have Electra Woman working for him and lose nothing, and he decides against it. He clearly doesn’t respect Electra Woman at all, and quite frankly, why should he? Besides, he’s already got her obviously superior partner under his command. Dyna Girl almost kills Electra Woman, but Frank stops her. Electra Woman now needs the protection of the old man she came in part to rescue. Not great. Then another old man scientist frees her by disabling Dyna Girls watch Like she tried and failed to do previously. Electra Woman has been saved by two old men and defeated twice by the woman who is supposed to be her sidekick. Instead of being humbled by this and stopping Alibaba while she has the chance, she gets cocky and talks first. She’s an idiot. Alibabas henchmen uses this chance to hit a loud gong…that completely paralyzes her. Jesus Christ lady. Nabokov frees her AGAIN, and with her enemies basically defeated for her, she finally does the bare minimum right and knocks the formula that made Dyna girl evil out of Alibabas hand and into Frank’s, who uses it to turn Dyna Girl back. Finally Alibaba is done, and is arrested. Through this, Electra Woman displayed physical weakness, poor technique, slowness, incompetence, overconfidence, and general inferiority to her partner in crime. She needed two old men to keep her alive And contributed less than them to saving the day. Our lead heroine everyone
Attachments
Too slow.png
Too slow.png (1.72 MiB) Viewed 1352 times
One hit out cold.png
One hit out cold.png (1.43 MiB) Viewed 1352 times
fail.png
fail.png (1.87 MiB) Viewed 1352 times
Captured.png
Captured.png (1.86 MiB) Viewed 1352 times
Too loud can’t move.png
Too loud can’t move.png (2.27 MiB) Viewed 1352 times
Help me Nabokov.png
Help me Nabokov.png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 1352 times
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

She is the female Kick Ass, which is why her proper place is Evil Dyna Girl's or Spider Lady's sex slave
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

She was rather incompetent as a superheroine, and in a way, that was part of the appeal, I guess. Similar to how we loved Yvonne Craig's Batgirl for getting captured by villains so easily. Seeing them all cocky, knowing that they will be in trouble soon just makes us want to watch them more. :D
Check out my superheroine-related short stories here:

https://archiveofourown.org/users/brdiy/works
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

Reading this, I immediately thought of why Batgirl was so awesome. YC a accomplished ballet dancer before becoming Batgirl. She knew how to move and had the physicality for the character. Deidre Hall was a soap actress at the height of her career. She was a pretty blonde with lacquered hair. I think the producers would be shocked that anyone would care about, much less fetishize this show 50 years later. They were producing it as a way to fill in the gaps between commercials.

When you look at the successful shows with female action heroines of the time, there was a market for it, which they wanted to exploit for smallest cash outlay possible. Batgirl, WW, Charlie’s Angels, Emma Peel, put in a minimum of effort to make them “actiony”.

Unfortunately, by that time, the media was trying to sanitize the violence out of kid’s shows.

Personally, I would not have minded seeing “Isis” getting more fanciful villains. Hot magical heroine in a mini dress was wasted on HS student villains. Most of her plots could have filled by a Compassionate adult figure without superpowers. kathy Lee Crosby as WW is another example of how to cast a heroine. She was a pro tennis player before being an actress. I thought she was really good as WW, but the show was ill conceived. But you could see her run and believe she could catch up with someone. I had trouble believing Electra Woman could get out the Electra-car without catching her foot on the door.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

brdiy wrote:
1 year ago
She was rather incompetent as a superheroine, and in a way, that was part of the appeal, I guess. Similar to how we loved Yvonne Craig's Batgirl for getting captured by villains so easily. Seeing them all cocky, knowing that they will be in trouble soon just makes us want to watch them more. :D
Pretty much. Despite this takedown i'm actually a much bigger Electra Woman fan than Dyna Girl, and part of the reason for that is how much worse at being a superheroine she is. Probably either of their biggest blunders aside from this was when Electra Woman walked right past Spider-Ladys henchmen and basically let him take her down (also at the end of the episode Dyna girl captures spider-lady while Electra Woman just kinda stands around). Obviously Dyna Girl got into a lot of peril to, but It always seemed to me like she was the much more competent and skilled one.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
Reading this, I immediately thought of why Batgirl was so awesome. YC a accomplished ballet dancer before becoming Batgirl. She knew how to move and had the physicality for the character. Deidre Hall was a soap actress at the height of her career. She was a pretty blonde with lacquered hair. I think the producers would be shocked that anyone would care about, much less fetishize this show 50 years later. They were producing it as a way to fill in the gaps between commercials.

When you look at the successful shows with female action heroines of the time, there was a market for it, which they wanted to exploit for smallest cash outlay possible. Batgirl, WW, Charlie’s Angels, Emma Peel, put in a minimum of effort to make them “actiony”.

Unfortunately, by that time, the media was trying to sanitize the violence out of kid’s shows.

Personally, I would not have minded seeing “Isis” getting more fanciful villains. Hot magical heroine in a mini dress was wasted on HS student villains. Most of her plots could have filled by a Compassionate adult figure without superpowers. kathy Lee Crosby as WW is another example of how to cast a heroine. She was a pro tennis player before being an actress. I thought she was really good as WW, but the show was ill conceived. But you could see her run and believe she could catch up with someone. I had trouble believing Electra Woman could get out the Electra-car without catching her foot on the door.
For me her just being a total Blunder Woman is part of the appeal! Remember when she pathetically collapsed the second Spider-Ladys webs landed on her?
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD wrote:
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago

For me her just being a total Blunder Woman is part of the appeal! Remember when she pathetically collapsed the second Spider-Ladys webs landed on her?
I wish there were more scenes like that, where she, and especially Dyna Girl, were restrained and struggling.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

IMSancho wrote:
1 year ago
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago

I wish there were more scenes like that, where she, and especially Dyna Girl, were restrained and struggling.
Yeah, there were only a few of those scenes, and Electra Woman got like twice as many as Dyna Girl...which again, doesn't really reflect well on her abilities
Also I apologize, I accidentally reported your post trying to respond to you lol. I'm as dumb as Electra Woman
IMSancho
Elder Member
Elder Member

1 year ago
IMSancho wrote:
1 year ago
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago

Yeah, there were only a few of those scenes, and Electra Woman got like twice as many as Dyna Girl...which again, doesn't really reflect well on her abilities
Also I apologize, I accidentally reported your post trying to respond to you lol. I'm as dumb as Electra Woman
No worries. I’ve made my share of mistakes, too.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Do we want her to be competent? I'll take a fumbling Deidra Hall any day.
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago
Reading this, I immediately thought of why Batgirl was so awesome.
Hey Sneakly, why is your signature so huge?
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
I do want my superheroine victim to be competent, it's more fun when I break her.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Oh I wasn’t complaining, was just appreciating how foolish and weak Electra Woman was in particular even compared to her own sidekick
Mr. X
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

1 year ago
Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Oh I wasn’t complaining, was just appreciating how foolish and weak Electra Woman was in particular even compared to her own sidekick
I'm being silly ;)
GWalb
Henchman
Henchman

What's especially embarrassing for our "heroine" is that, Dyna Girl, herself, is usually a totally inept klutz.
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

sneakly wrote:
1 year ago

That is important when you have someone play a hero or heroine, in the very forgettable Batman and Robin movie, can you envision Alica Silverstone doing Craig's trademark high kick?
Visitor
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

GWalb wrote:
1 year ago
What's especially embarrassing for our "heroine" is that, Dyna Girl, herself, is usually a totally inept klutz.
Dyna Girl was just following the dumb blonde's orders. Just kidding about the stereotype, but in the first episode they walk into the Sorcerer's trap with Electra Woman having Dyna Girl trigger it while she stayed back at what was supposed to be a safe distance and just watch. The Empress of Evil episode was the only one where Dyna Girl got caught and it wasn't Electra Woman's fault.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Visitor wrote:
1 year ago
GWalb wrote:
1 year ago
Dyna Girl was just following the dumb blonde's orders. Just kidding about the stereotype, but in the first episode they walk into the Sorcerer's trap with Electra Woman having Dyna Girl trigger it while she stayed back at what was supposed to be a safe distance and just watch. The Empress of Evil episode was the only one where Dyna Girl got caught and it wasn't Electra Woman's fault.
She also shakes Electra Woman when she’s still out of it when their about to be eaten by snakes in the second pharaoh episode until she gets back to her senses, saving her life. Dyna Girl is like average TV show hero competence (which still means doing some dumb things lol) while Electra Woman is uniquely shit tier
Last edited by KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.
KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago

That is important when you have someone play a hero or heroine, in the very forgettable Batman and Robin movie, can you envision Alica Silverstone doing Craig's trademark high kick?
first time I've heard Batman and Robin described that way lol
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Mr. X wrote:
1 year ago
Do we want her to be competent?
Hell no! I'd take a bumbling Electra Woman and Batgirl any day, over the current crop of superheroines who are "too competent", that they hardly ever get captured or defeated.

KOJIMAISGODKOJIMAISGOD
Henchman
Henchman

Thought this might be worth noting: At the end of the Spider-Lady episode it’s Dyna Girl who captures her…while Electra Woman just stands there. Dyna Girl carried Electra Woman hard
Attachments
EW4.png
EW4.png (1.94 MiB) Viewed 949 times
EW5.png
EW5.png (2.11 MiB) Viewed 949 times
EW6.png
EW6.png (2 MiB) Viewed 949 times
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago

OK I want to forget Silverstone as Batgirl and Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy
brdiy
Elder Member
Elder Member

Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
1 year ago
Dazzle1 wrote:
1 year ago
sneakly wrote:
1 year ago

OK I want to forget Silverstone as Batgirl and Uma Thurman as Poison Ivy
Hey, I thought Alicia Silverstone looked great as Batgirl, though admittedly, the writing did not do her justice.