The Capture

General discussions about superheroines!
Dazzle1
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

How important is when Superheroine is being dominated is the capture for people?

I like to have the villain or villainess have to work for it. When a supposed superheroine give up without a fight or cowers easily; I am disappointed.
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Oh I agree!!! Like Batgirl in the cat whiskers scene, she really puts up a struggle as the 2 henchmen wrestle her to the ground and straddle her, even to the end she struggles!!!!
sneakly
Overlord
Overlord

I like a feisty, defiant heroine. Despite knowing she is going to face certain (but never inevitable) death, she remains resilient and defiant. Batgirl, Linda Carter WW, Mrs Peel,99, April Dancer, Charlie’s Angels, Penelope Pitstop, O-girl, Nylonika.

I like the idea that a heroine signed up for the danger and adventure. She’s less a victim and more of a participant.
Damselbinder

For me the capture is 3/4 of the charm, especially for a superheroine. Seeing her powers subverted, or tricked - or just plain overpowered - is where the appeal is.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
For me the capture is 3/4 of the charm, especially for a superheroine. Seeing her powers subverted, or tricked - or just plain overpowered - is where the appeal is.
Couldn't agree more with damselbinder here. Time spent thinking through the best, most ingenious takedown of a heroine is time well spent for author and reader alike!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
bushwackerbob
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
Absolutely. When the tables are turned, the cocky and confident heroine is taken down a peg or two, and she realizes she is powerless to defend herself against the villain, to me that is the engine that drives superheroine peril. To the victor go the spoils of war, let the debauchery begin!
Damselbinder

bushwackerbob wrote:
1 year ago
Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
Absolutely. When the tables are turned, the cocky and confident heroine is taken down a peg or two, and she realizes she is powerless to defend herself against the villain, to me that is the engine that drives superheroine peril. To the victor go the spoils of war, let the debauchery begin!
I don't necessarily think the heroine needs to get "taken down a peg or two" - sometimes the spice of the situation is that it's unfair, that the heroine's heroism was exploited to capture her; that in a fair world she WOULD have won, but she didn't.
ThatOnePervert
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

A defiant heroine is generally preferred. Part of what makes superheroine peril so fun is the battle of wits and wills between the heroine and villain/villainess. Not to say that you can't have fun with methods to instantly demoralize a heroine, taking a hostage and compelling them to surrender that way, exploiting some trigger left in them from a previous defeat, etc. but generally I'll prefer a heroine with some fight in her.
DrDominator9
Emissary
Emissary

Worse captures ever are whining, pouting heroines from the get-go. Quick whiners have me closing the video or story file almost immediately. Total turn-off!!
Follow this link to descriptions of my stories and easy links to them:

viewtopic.php?f=70&t=32025
Lurkndog
Elder Member
Elder Member

Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
I dunno, I tend to enjoy scenes where there is an aftermath, once the superheroine is captured. My favorite parts of Fausta, for instance, are not the chloro scene, nice as it is, but the scenes that follow where a helpless Wonder Woman is carried out and loaded into the limo, and then from the limo into the plane.
Damselbinder

Lurkndog wrote:
1 year ago
Damselbinder wrote:
1 year ago
I dunno, I tend to enjoy scenes where there is an aftermath, once the superheroine is captured. My favorite parts of Fausta, for instance, are not the chloro scene, nice as it is, but the scenes that follow where a helpless Wonder Woman is carried out and loaded into the limo, and then from the limo into the plane.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong that stuff is great as well.
tamonicus
Staff Sargeant
Staff Sargeant

Worse captures ever are whining, pouting heroines from the get-go. Quick whiners have me closing the video or story file almost immediately. Total turn-off!!
For me, the capture is the thing. Especially if the heroine is knocked out. I expect her to fight to the end, even if she's terrified. I like it when they show flashes of their fear but cannot stand it when then whimper like a kindergartner.

Peril is optional. I think only half the times Batgirl (played by Yvonne Craig) was KO'd did she face peril.

KO with peril: Catwoman's gas & pattern cutter, Louie's gas & hot oil dispenser, and Olga/Egghead's slippery caviar & iced scimitars/caviar vat.
KO without peril: King Tut's queen hitting her with a vase, Penguin's gas, and Shame hitting her (and Batman & Robin) with pinatas.