Doja Cat - making sci-fi sexy again

Topics, links and pics that are interesting, weird, or irrelevant!
shevek
Producer
Producer

Gotta be honest here, I haven't paid hardly any attention to pop music in the past couple years, but apparently during quarantine, most people were paying a lot more attention to it because they had plenty of time to watch videos.

I started hearing about this rapper "Doja Cat" several months ago in comics Youtube videos where the name was tossed around occasionally in jokes but it also seemed that the artist was admired in that humor. Didn't even know if that was a man or a woman.
Then forgot about it. (And no, I'd never seen or heard about the "Moo" video meme from years ago.)

Lo and behold, a "Doja Cat" video called "Woman" randomly popped up in my Youtube recommends this week (I'm guessing the algorithm thought it was tangentially related to a couple videos I was watching where certain Current Year individuals were reluctant to define what a "woman" is) and I was like, "Oh, Doja Cat is female? OK. She looks great. Think I'll take a look." And then I went down the rabbit hole: half Jewish, half Zulu, grew up in an ashram and learned classical Indian dance, learned breakdancing and popping/locking, quit high school for a music career.

Then I saw the videos. The third album from last year is science-fiction themed. Her lyrics are all about sex but the lush aesthetics and approach aren't trashy like "WAP". She is a very skilled rapper and dancer (even bellydancing moves). There are always gorgeous hunks in her videos to attract the female gaze, as well as the fact that the male gaze absolutely cannot look away from her incredible body.

Plus the visual elements are absolutely stunning - much of it is on the level of watching "Valerian and Laureline". And it's Afrofuturism done right, so even though she thankfully takes no political stances whatsoever (please just check what she says under "Concept and Title" here before commenting - thanks! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Her ) and lets the aesthetic speak for itself, I haven't seen any criticism of her whatsoever. She said in March 2022 that she will "retire" from music, but I don't believe it. Even if she does, her energy is so creative that she'll have to do something with it, so maybe that will involve acting (she has already played a supporting role in the TV series, "Dave").

I'm sure many of you already know about this artist, but maybe some of you don't (I'm very surprised she's never been mentioned here). This seems to be a level of pop perfection few artists attain, and even if there's nothing particularly deep about any of it, I definitely think that the sci-fi-content warrants inclusion on this forum. Imagine if she donned a superheroine costume - she could save the world in a minute!

"Cyber Sex" from Doja Cat's second album, Hot Pink.

The third album, Planet Her, got eight Grammy nominations, the most for any female artist. Sci-fi elements in every video.

Woman

She is the queen of a futuristic tribal kingdom, thwarting an attempt to take her throne. Wakanda in space.

Get Into It (Yuh)

She is the captain of a spaceship, and goes through a space-dance battle to rescue her kitty-cat (symbolism? nah.)

You Right

She is the goddess of some kind of ethereal realm. Duo with The Weeknd (he's already a hunk, but apparently they need two.
Maybe he wouldn't take his shirt off).

Kiss Me More

A super hunky Asian astronaut lands on an alien planet, gets sexed and captured by two alien goddesses (co-starring SZA).

Need to Know

Doja is part of a gaggle of futuristic Star Trekky alien girls in a Bladerunner future. They go clubbing and she finds a future hunk
to ride in a private booth. He has powers (?).

That's probably enough visual overdose for quite a while, no?
ivandobsky
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Great music for the deaf!
batgirl1969
Millenium Member
Millenium Member

Doja Cat has the pussy control for sure, she is a woman totally in love with and control of her sexuality and she knows how to work the orgasms to take her and her listeners out of this world!!! She is smoking hot and I bet she can eat pussy like a madman would too!!!!
NotUv2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Big Doja Cat fan, for sure. Hot, nerdy rap queens FTW.

Check out my stories (and in some cases, books):

Amazon
Literotica
Mr. X Homepage (NEW STORiES ADDED 4/8/21)